ye olde village pub

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#53588 Mar 3, 2014
Morning Hickup.
Yeah I here the Bass calling my name.....through the ice.

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#53589 Mar 3, 2014
okimar wrote:
Waiting on the ice/snow storm(its coming,according to radar).... 1/2 inch of ice with a possible 3-6 inches of snow on top of it Can't wait... Yummy..... I'll be stuck here for another 3-4 days. Ironic that we'll see 50's tomorrow,AFTER the freaking ice/snow event.... I'm SOOOOO ready for winter to be over....
Tell me about it. Every time I woke up last night all I heard was ice hitting the window. At least we didn't get that 8 inches of snow they were talking about. This AM it looked like it was only about 2. <sigh> Guess I'll see you on Thursday.

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#53590 Mar 3, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
gives you plenty of time to go over those seed catalogs of princess'
plan for trout season.
plan for spring turkey hunt
plan for spring bear hunt
plan something.
Make it happen.
Hi Ed. lol. What I'm wanting to happen is the dang bad weather to be O-V-E-R. <knock on wood> but we haven't lost power yet. Last big ice storm we had, we were without power for 14 days or so. That was NOOOOOOOO fun. Can you imagine all the posting I missed?

But we only get a winter like this every 5 or 6 years, so I guess we were about due.

<waves>

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#53591 Mar 3, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. I'm with ya on winter being over.
How much snow/ice did yall get in your part of the state?

It's not nearly as bad here as they were first predicting

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#53592 Mar 3, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me about it. Every time I woke up last night all I heard was ice hitting the window. At least we didn't get that 8 inches of snow they were talking about. This AM it looked like it was only about 2. <sigh> Guess I'll see you on Thursday.
I'm looking at about 4" of snow on top of maybe 1/4" of ice. I've seen a couplr of cars on the road so maybe the plows/salt trucks are working it pretty good.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#53593 Mar 3, 2014
okimar wrote:
Waiting on the ice/snow storm(its coming,according to radar).... 1/2 inch of ice with a possible 3-6 inches of snow on top of it Can't wait... Yummy..... I'll be stuck here for another 3-4 days. Ironic that we'll see 50's tomorrow,AFTER the freaking ice/snow event.... I'm SOOOOO ready for winter to be over....
We got ice and sleet yesterady and its 14° here. On Friday it was 81° and dropped 50° on Sat lol.

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#53594 Mar 3, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking at about 4" of snow on top of maybe 1/4" of ice. I've seen a couplr of cars on the road so maybe the plows/salt trucks are working it pretty good.
Cool. We've gotten more since 5. Officially they're saying 3 to 4 with another inch on the way. Bleh! All is good here though, still got power, so I'm not expecting any problems there. Stay in and stay safe.

XOXOXO

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#53595 Mar 3, 2014
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>I think
Also doubtful.

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#53596 Mar 3, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Also doubtful.
LOL Good one....

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53597 Mar 3, 2014
Still raining on and off. Might continue like this till Wednesday!

And in the meantime we're renovating the guest bathroom. Toilet is going to be moved a few centimetres/inches (not necessary in my opinion but anyway...) and we bought a new basin and cabinet, and a new tap for the bath. And we're retiling the walls too...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53598 Mar 3, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>We got ice and sleet yesterady and its 14° here. On Friday it was 81° and dropped 50° on Sat lol.
Wow.......

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53599 Mar 3, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Still raining on and off. Might continue like this till Wednesday!
And in the meantime we're renovating the guest bathroom. Toilet is going to be moved a few centimetres/inches (not necessary in my opinion but anyway...) and we bought a new basin and cabinet, and a new tap for the bath. And we're retiling the walls too...
Did you get out to see Spartan over the weekend?

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53600 Mar 3, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Cool. We've gotten more since 5. Officially they're saying 3 to 4 with another inch on the way. Bleh! All is good here though, still got power, so I'm not expecting any problems there. Stay in and stay safe.
XOXOXO
I suppose it could be worse. glad you still have power.
It totally missed us but we have consistent "chance of snow" from tomorrow afternoon through Friday.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53601 Mar 3, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking at about 4" of snow on top of maybe 1/4" of ice. I've seen a couplr of cars on the road so maybe the plows/salt trucks are working it pretty good.
have plow trucks? I thought you guys just had the one......

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#53602 Mar 3, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>How much snow/ice did yall get in your part of the state?

It's not nearly as bad here as they were first predicting
We first had flash floods from the rain then the sleet / ice about 1/4 inch and then couple of inches of snow. But dang that wind just howled and bone chillin cold !

“Colorful Beyond Words”

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#53603 Mar 3, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Wow.......
Thanks !:)

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53604 Mar 3, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks !:)
Yu're welcome lol
Gonna drop down to minus 5-10 tonight.
Could you please send me some warm?

“Colorful Beyond Words”

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#53605 Mar 3, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Yu're welcome lol
Gonna drop down to minus 5-10 tonight.
Could you please send me some warm?
Oh Wow !

Well if 9 degrees is warm ... Consider it sent. LOL !

I'm dreaming of a tropical island , hot sun and lots of beach front !! Wanna dream with me ?:)

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53606 Mar 3, 2014
Morning friendlies

It's friggin' cold with all this rain. And the rainy weather is making me depressed. I need some sunshine now. The roads look like rivers and the drivers get stupid when it rains. Not exactly my idea of fun. Rain is nice and I know it's a blessing but this is a little too much in such a short period

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#53608 Mar 4, 2014
Ahhh...furck some Monday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 17 min Thinking 64,327
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Just Think 654,273
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr pusherman_ 973,914
does any kids want to be completely naked for 2... 1 hr girls united states 3
What color will Taylor Swift's baby be? 1 hr Johnny 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr X Pendable 183,192
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Truth Teller 106,580
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr crucifiedguy 281,925
More from around the web