“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#53446 Feb 14, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Morning friendlies. Happy Friday
Q: What's worse than Friday the 13th?
A: Friday the 14th...
Got a bunch of flowers from a colleague. I hate this day. Really I do. Maybe I'd feel differently if I actually had someone to share it with. But the last time I celebrated it was when I was 10. Never as an adult, even when I had someone in my life... It's a stupid money-making scheme in my opinion. Everything's prices went up. A simple coffee cup with two hearts on it, had its price go up by 200%!!! A simple, straight-forward teddybear is 100% its usual price. Madness I tell you!!!
So yeah, happy Anti-Valentine's Day to those who don't celebrate it. And a happy Valentine's Day to those who do.
I just want to hide away, and switch my phone off until this day is done.
*Feeling grumpy*
Me too!
If I ever meet that Valentine clown I'm gonna punch him right in the nose ...he only comes round once a year just to remind some of us what we ain't got. And if that ain't enough; the dude wears a diaper ...POW!!
~grumble~
But tomorrow I'll go to the dollar store and buy chocolate 1/2 price ...yum.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#53447 Feb 14, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Aww, you got you a new one! way to go!
Happy Valentines Day to the ladies!
TY. Yeah I've been seeing this woman for about a month now and we are quite taken with each other.

“Man I Love Fishin”

Palm Bay, FL

#53448 Feb 14, 2014
Hey Ricky,
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Hick Up, that's one of the best motors Ford ever made I've been told, it has double rings on the pistons.
That's what I hear too. I was told it was designed for a tractor and recombobulated for pick-ups. Ergo, the long stroke and high revs.
I too had a 94 F-150 and it had 350,000 miles on it, seriously! And when I sold it the engine never smoked a bit and ran so smooth, it was the rear end and other things wearing out, the only reason I kept it as long as I did, was that I started wondering how far she would actually go? lol
Me too ...cept for a little rust, but everything works ...a/c, heat, 4w/d, every bulb in it burns. I went to a local dealer to get the felt stuff so the door windows wouldn't rattle and a sales lady said; we sure would like to see you in a new one. I said; me too ...but what can you give me I ain't already got ...cept a monthly payment. I'm like you ...I ain't in the habit of throwing away that ain't broke.
That's a trip to the moon, back to earth and back to the moon!
That's 14 trips around the world!!
That's 125 trips back and forth from Los Angeles to New York!!! lol
And the day I got rid of her, I kinda wanted to keep going with her to see how far she would go? lol
Yeah, if it don't lay down and die, it'll be my last pick-up. I might get some kind of little gas miser tho ...ol Ford sure is thirsty.
Nice to hear from ya Ricky.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#53449 Feb 14, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>TY. Yeah I've been seeing this woman for about a month now and we are quite taken with each other.
Sounds like you'll be having a great day for sure! lol

Good to see you too hickup!

BTW, I was going to junk the truck and put the engine in my 81 CJ7 jeep, but I didn't do it because even though it ran great it still had a lot of miles.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#53450 Feb 14, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you'll be having a great day for sure! lol
BTW, I was going to junk the truck and put the engine in my 81 CJ7 jeep, but I didn't do it because even though it ran great it still had a lot of miles.
That would never have occurred to me, even though my first husband did put a 350 4-bolt main from a school bus into a Chevy Bel-Aire once....that thing didn't level out until it hit 73 mph....great car...but I had no idea one could swap a Jeep engine for a Ford one...

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#53451 Feb 14, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Morning friendlies. Happy Friday
Q: What's worse than Friday the 13th?
A: Friday the 14th...
Got a bunch of flowers from a colleague. I hate this day. Really I do. Maybe I'd feel differently if I actually had someone to share it with. But the last time I celebrated it was when I was 10. Never as an adult, even when I had someone in my life... It's a stupid money-making scheme in my opinion. Everything's prices went up. A simple coffee cup with two hearts on it, had its price go up by 200%!!! A simple, straight-forward teddybear is 100% its usual price. Madness I tell you!!!
So yeah, happy Anti-Valentine's Day to those who don't celebrate it. And a happy Valentine's Day to those who do.
I just want to hide away, and switch my phone off until this day is done.
*Feeling grumpy*
I guess I view this day ..not just as a day for Sweethearts but also a day for the people you have in your life that you care about and love. I give Valentines to my kids and my parents and some of my close friends . I don't see it just as a chance to give flowers and candy but another opportunity to say... " Hey you are special to me " ...

So Miss Ruby ..... To a new Cyber Friend ...I hope you have the best day possible ...

Hearts ... Hugs ...and .. Chocolate Kisses !:)

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#53452 Feb 14, 2014
I'm fairly new to this thread , even though I post with some of you elsewhere but .....

Happy Valentines Day to each of you .... from a person who truly means it in the best of ways !:)

HAVE A GREAT DAY !! <3

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#53453 Feb 15, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Hick Up, that's one of the best motors Ford ever made I've been told, it has double rings on the pistons.
I too had a 94 F-150 and it had 350,000 miles on it, seriously! And when I sold it the engine never smoked a bit and ran so smooth, it was the rear end and other things wearing out, the only reason I kept it as long as I did, was that I started wondering how far she would actually go? lol
That's a trip to the moon, back to earth and back to the moon!
That's 14 trips around the world!!
That's 125 trips back and forth from Los Angeles to New York!!! lol
And the day I got rid of her, I kinda wanted to keep going with her to see how far she would go? lol
And here I thought the moon was 250,000 miles away. You got to the moon, but only halfway back. Ain't that a bitch?

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#53454 Feb 15, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you'll be having a great day for sure! lol
I have a friend with a 79 CJ7, with a 401cid and custom multi-point fuel injection system and a Detroit locker. It can pull the front wheels of the ground on dry pavement.

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53455 Feb 16, 2014
Afternoon friendlies!

Hope everybody's having a good weekend. Tomorrow's back to normal again, unfortunately :(

8807 - What are the odds? Year and month of birth XD

Location hidden

#53456 Feb 16, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Afternoon friendlies!
Hope everybody's having a good weekend. Tomorrow's back to normal again, unfortunately :(
Morning Ruby, still warm down there?
You were born sometime in August?
Don't know about labor laws there but it certainly wasn't in '07.
7764... doesn't mean a thing.

Location hidden

#53457 Feb 16, 2014
And now a word about the Olympics. Touted as a world wide event that brings the best athletes together for you to watch compete.
IF YOU HAVE THE MOST EXPENSIVE CABLE/SATELLITE PROGRAMMING!!

Jokes on us.
Todays special, Slobovia vs. Slowakia curling.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#53458 Feb 16, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Afternoon friendlies!
July, 1988, Ed....

Location hidden

#53459 Feb 16, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>July, 1988, Ed....
could have been Aug. 80

1192, still dark.

“Man I Love Fishin”

Palm Bay, FL

#53460 Feb 16, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
And now a word about the Olympics. Touted as a world wide event that brings the best athletes together for you to watch compete.
IF YOU HAVE THE MOST EXPENSIVE CABLE/SATELLITE PROGRAMMING!!
Jokes on us.
Todays special, Slobovia vs. Slowakia curling.
Lol ...

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#53461 Feb 16, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
....And of course I'm at a point where I can appreciate it, but I get those that don't. I'm certainly not going to spend a lot of money for it, but I am going to spend the weekend with my sweetie.
Snow--rain--more snow. Pass on driving for a few hours at least.
I'm guessing you've had a WONDERFUL Valentine's Day and weekend...yay!

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53462 Feb 16, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Ruby, still warm down there?
You were born sometime in August?
7764... doesn't mean a thing.
August is the 8th month. I'm a July baby :)

Yes it's still warm. But the mornings and evening are definitely getting cooler.

I don't know what I'm going to do about my car this Winter. It struggles to get going as it is now, and Wintertime will be much worse, as it's cold then to boot! Ugh, I just want to cry!!! Wish I could afford a new car...

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53463 Feb 16, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
Oh, and my year of birth is 1988, not 2007

USA_1

“For F***'s Sake”

Since: Aug 13

Tanner Flats

#53464 Feb 16, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and my year of birth is 1988, not 2007
That's the year my son was born. LOL...

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53465 Feb 17, 2014
USA_1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's the year my son was born. LOL...
Lol, yeah I think I'm the "baby" here in the Pub at the moment

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min russianbradde 92,336
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Chuck 667,557
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min who 285,952
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min RiversideRedneck 979,299
Everybody should be on Facebook! 3 hr Facebook man 3
Did you know there are wolves in West Virginia (Mar '11) 3 hr Liddledad 43
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rogwhacksoff 19,314
More from around the web