*Sends some heat over to you* Neatly packaged. Heat in a box XD
Bless you dear and many Thanks ! Lol :)

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53406 Feb 10, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening Ruby. How goes all in your world?
Having some thoughts about my bird now. She doesn't move around like she has, not really eating either. Makes me think ...
Doing much better thanks. I still miss my birdie but I know he's in a better place now

It could be something simple that's interfering with her appetite. Our Grey also doesn't have much of an appetite, but she's in a new cage and we think it's maybe just stress and fear of the unknown. She's healthy and happy otherwise so we don't think it's serious

Has anything changed that could cause her distress? Birds can be funny with new things

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53407 Feb 10, 2014
Good morning friendlies

Twofer Tuesday...drinks on me (well not ON me, but I'll pay)

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#53408 Feb 11, 2014
Good morning Ruby, and everyone. I'll take a cup of decaf, Ruby--make it a double.

Have a great day all.....

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53409 Feb 11, 2014
Good morning Princess and everyone ... running late ... thought I'd stop by and say hello and wish everyone a great Tuesday ... Have fun! FC <3 ...

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#53410 Feb 11, 2014
Rotor,come and fetch your winter.....Rake it all up. Right now. This Yankee sh1t DON'[T belong in Dixie..... For Goodness Sakes we have MAGNOLIAS that'll be blooming soon. I know you don't want THOUSANDS of yankee Florida snowbirds blaming you for f**king up their wintering in the Sun Shine State......... Otherwise we'll bag it up and send it UPS.......
Rotor at school

Durham, NH

#53412 Feb 11, 2014
Naw Oki, you enjoy it. I have enough winter up here as it is.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#53413 Feb 11, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing much better thanks. I still miss my birdie but I know he's in a better place now
It could be something simple that's interfering with her appetite. Our Grey also doesn't have much of an appetite, but she's in a new cage and we think it's maybe just stress and fear of the unknown. She's healthy and happy otherwise so we don't think it's serious
Has anything changed that could cause her distress? Birds can be funny with new things
You know I think it may be the weather. Like today, 79 in the afternoon. 58 tonight with storm on the way.[watch out all above I-16] The A/C's on then the heater. Hard to figure.
Cold rain on the morrow, thurs. high? 56

Location hidden

#53414 Feb 11, 2014
okimar wrote:
Rotor,come and fetch your winter.....Rake it all up. Right now. This Yankee sh1t DON'[T belong in Dixie..... For Goodness Sakes we have MAGNOLIAS that'll be blooming soon. I know you don't want THOUSANDS of yankee Florida snowbirds blaming you for f**king up their wintering in the Sun Shine State......... Otherwise we'll bag it up and send it UPS.......
To hell with the snowbirds. what of the rest of us??
I don't live here just to miss a snowmobile, or ice fishing.
so Rotor, get on the stick will ya, buddy?

Location hidden

#53415 Feb 11, 2014
Bad news on the Vulcan front. Looks like it'll be a dummy.
I feel like one too after thinking we could get away with it.
Can you believe I can't find blueprints for it?
Saw some for the Hawker Hurricane cannon though.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53416 Feb 11, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I think it may be the weather. Like today, 79 in the afternoon. 58 tonight with storm on the way.[watch out all above I-16] The A/C's on then the heater. Hard to figure.
Cold rain on the morrow, thurs. high? 56
Could very well be the weather. Sounds hectic!

Either way, hope she gets back to being her old self soon ((hugs)) I know how distressing it can be when our pets aren't well

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#53417 Feb 12, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
Bad news on the Vulcan front. Looks like it'll be a dummy.
I feel like one too after thinking we could get away with it.
Can you believe I can't find blueprints for it?
Saw some for the Hawker Hurricane cannon though.
Yeah I thought that was a....ummmmm Ya know, a no no. ATF and assorted other federal LEO's might have a problem with a private citizen being WAY better armed than they are.
Try for a mini gun. I know people have those.....Rounds are easier to come by too.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53418 Feb 12, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
To hell with the snowbirds. what of the rest of us??
I don't live here just to miss a snowmobile, or ice fishing.
so Rotor, get on the stick will ya, buddy?
It's 4 degrees right now and we're getting a foot of snow or so tomorrow.
Let it snow, let it snow let it snow....
Those of you down south watch out for that ice storm!!!!

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#53419 Feb 12, 2014
Hey ya'll,
I'd like to address you folks if you don't mind. I'd just like to say thank you for your hospitality. It seems too often imo that human kindness and acceptance are a rare find these days ...especially in the halls of topix. Visiting this thread is like opening a window. I just wanted you to know that you are appreciated.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53420 Feb 12, 2014
Lazy day today. It's almost 2pm and I don't have anything to do, so here begins the countdown to the end of the day.*Sigh...*

Good news is, I got my car back from the mechanics yesterday. But it's still not right :(

It makes a very strange sound while driving and its revs are so low that it keeps stalling when the engine is cold. It wasn't this bad before. I don't know why it's got all these issues now that they've worked on it? Pisses me off, because after about 2 weeks of being in their workshop, you'd think they fixed every little thing they possibly could, but noooo. And they charged us a shitload of money - nearly as much as we bought the car for! I'm not very happy about it not being perfect, or near perfect, but my parents think I'm overreacting. I got frustrated this morning because just driving down the driveway to the gate, I had to restart the engine almost 4 times! And another time just before I left, after I closed the gate! Dad said he'll try to set the revs a bit higher. I don't know why they had to go and adjust it in the first place - my car was fine with idling before they worked on it!

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53421 Feb 12, 2014
hick_up wrote:
Hey ya'll,
I'd like to address you folks if you don't mind. I'd just like to say thank you for your hospitality. It seems too often imo that human kindness and acceptance are a rare find these days ...especially in the halls of topix. Visiting this thread is like opening a window. I just wanted you to know that you are appreciated.
Glad to hear that you're feeling welcome here in the pub. We're like one big happy family. I can't imagine my life without YOVP, lol

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53422 Feb 12, 2014
If it's got fuel injection Ruby try adding a bottle of injector cleaner to it. That sometimes helps...
Good morning Hick up.
Why thank you. There are a few threads like this here on Topix. It is a nice change from the contentious ones. Believe me, I've seen some of the worst Topix has to offer. I started it because I got sick of the arguing, and that wasn't what I was looking for when I started posting. I just wanted somewhere I could have some adult conversation while I was laid up. It's been a fun ride for the most part so far. You're always welcome here.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53423 Feb 12, 2014
Nope, it's not fuel injection. Not as far as I know anyway

The mechanics said something about the low revs when idling while the engine is cold. They mentioned it has an electric choke, and the choke doesn't work properly anymore... So don't know, maybe the "damage" is permanent? I just feel like crying because I'm tired of things not working right

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53424 Feb 12, 2014
Yeah, I know it can be frustrating and sometimes a little overwhelming.
Hang in there. It'll be okay. <3

Location hidden

#53425 Feb 12, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I thought that was a....ummmmm Ya know, a no no. ATF and assorted other federal LEO's might have a problem with a private citizen being WAY better armed than they are.
Try for a mini gun. I know people have those.....Rounds are easier to come by too.
The funny thing is, when the Navy brought the Tomcat over they forgot to remove the guns.
Three weeks later they were all over the place. Never saw so many federal types outside an office.
Brought their own mechanics too. sorry no cameras allowed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Lock Trump Up 71,871
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 4 hr Doctor REALITY 134
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 4 hr Doctor REALITY 10
Rodney King beating and the WTC Jumpers 4 hr Doctor REALITY 11
OKC Thunder startin to LOSE THEIR COOL 4 hr Doctor REALITY 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,837
My mom is getting married again 5 hr Doctor REALITY 4
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Rosesz 699,470
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Gabriel 995,082
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 hr Big Al 447,425