“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#53324 Feb 2, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Way to date, man....
Proud of ya.
")
Thanks Shove, I am really quite taken with her.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53325 Feb 2, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall one time when we were snowmobiling and stopped to .....
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember ...on the beach ...
I sort of remember the 70's.........

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#53326 Feb 2, 2014
The Invitation

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain!I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it, or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul; if you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon,“Yes!”

It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up, after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children.

It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

by Oriah Mountain Dreamer, copyright © 1999 by Oriah Mountain Dreamer.

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#53327 Feb 2, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>I look a lot like Dan Haggerty, beard and usually in plaid. Short hair though.... LOL!!!
Thanks man, I had so much freaking fun planning and getting ready for this date. It has been beyond a long time.
She is gorgeous too!!!! Great eyes and smile.
Woo hoo !!

Wat to go sexy man !!

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53328 Feb 2, 2014
Morning friendlies

Was raining hard this morning, had to wait for the rain to break before I left for work. Got here about 10 minutes ago, was stuck in traffic for 30min

It's not raining here at work, but there's a thick cloud cover, so might start to rain a little later

Nice and cool weather, but it's slightly humid, which kind of sucks. Hoping for some rain during the day, it's always so peaceful watching the rain from the window

Rotor: Glad the date went well. Quite the romantic, aren't you? Hopefully she's just as smitten as you are. But after all that, there's no doubt in my mind...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53329 Feb 3, 2014
Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Woo hoo !!
Wat to go sexy man !!
Thank you. Doing the happy dance for sure.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53330 Feb 3, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Morning friendlies
Rotor: Glad the date went well. Quite the romantic, aren't you? Hopefully she's just as smitten as you are. But after all that, there's no doubt in my mind...
It seems like she is. There is a lot of laughing when we are together and that is huge in my book.

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53331 Feb 3, 2014
Great stuff! I agree, if two people make each other laugh (or happy) then they deserve to be together. Hope you got a goodnight kiss after the date? Sorry, I should probably stop watching soppy romance movies XD

9925 - Nope, I don't have a 9 to 5 job, lol

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#53332 Feb 3, 2014
Last night's loss was Joe Namath's fault lol

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53333 Feb 3, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Same here, Flower. Yesterday was lovely at 74 degrees, and today is lovely at 13.
We take what we can get, and stay glad for another day above ground...
Hope yours is terrific!!
")
Morning, Shove ... had a good weekend ... Saturday was warm, Sunday was cold ... thankful everyday I wake up on this side of the earth ... Weekend was super but Peyton's wasn't yet he remains a very classy man ... 7 more months for Sons ... Have a biker babe kind of day! >smiles< FC <3 ...

7181 ...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53334 Feb 3, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
Last night's loss was Joe Namath's fault lol
LMAO!!!!
I was sure surprised to see him. After the last time they allowed him on camera and all...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53335 Feb 3, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Cold snap indeed. Today was 76. Tomorrow near 80 like you had. Then ... minor drum roll ...
Winter storm warning! Snow and freezing rain from the panhandle to north central Fl.
I don't think one should have to de-ice a plane in Florida. Or scrape windows. Or need a heater(except for water).
Morning Ed ... I feel your pain and once again I say, "welcome to my world" ... this is what we have on tap for today with high 60's for tomorrow ... go figure, lol ... Hope it warms up for you ... Where do you even buy ice scrapers in Florida or Lake Travis, Texas?... Will have to google that when the time comes, LOL

32°F
Cloudy
Feels like: 32°
High 48°Low 44°

winds @ 6 NNW

2512 ... fold the weather section of the newspaper

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53336 Feb 3, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>lol, I'm just glad you're bettering yourself such as you are!
LOL, Wilco, copy that ...

Hi Ricky >waves<

6758 ... a strait ... okay, the Queen's wave, hahaha

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53337 Feb 3, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Uh,"cakes and ale" is the old Marine term for stagnant water and hardtack..... Also refered to as piss and punk.
Hi Oki, gotta tell you, love your avatar & moniker ...

USMC ~ SEMPER FI - OO-RAH ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53338 Feb 3, 2014
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget the woods, if you really want to have an E-ticket ride....but make sure you clear the area of cougars and bears.
If you're lucky, things will go bump in the night...
:)
LOL @ bump in the night ... who knows it may be the Lady Cougar he's with J/K J/K >grins<

9205 ... pair 9's 5 high ... bet a perfect night for Rotor

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53339 Feb 3, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Actually:
1st course Clam Chowder.
Dinner of Baked Haddock,(Caught by me) Macaroni ala Rotor, cut string beans, and a Ste Michele Johannesburg Riesling.
Candles, Roses, romantic piano music and some dancing.
The evening was amazing and very special.
Good morning, Rotor ... Aw, how sweet and special ... makes me want to hug you >>huggles<< can still do that right? I'm so happy for you! >>HUGGLES<< & >>mwah<< FC <3 ...

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Palm Bay, FL

#53340 Feb 3, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!!!
I was sure surprised to see him. After the last time they allowed him on camera and all...
I missed that ...what happened the last time Broadway Joe was on camera?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53341 Feb 3, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember ...on the beach ...
I remember one time at band camp, hahahahahaha

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53342 Feb 3, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!!!
Joe looked pretty good for his age even after doing those shaving commercials ... I don't remember him being short in stature though ... I guess we all "shrink" in size ... My friend used to be 5'9" now she's like 5'5" ... I used to be 5'2" and last week, doc's, I checked in at 5'1" ... why does that have to happen? boo-hoo, LOL ...

6577 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53343 Feb 3, 2014
hick_up wrote:
The Invitation
It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.
It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.
It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain!I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it, or fix it.
I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.
It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul; if you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.
I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.
I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon,“Yes!”
It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up, after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children.
It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.
It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away.
I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.
by Oriah Mountain Dreamer, copyright © 1999 by Oriah Mountain Dreamer.
Thanks for sharing, HU ...

5263 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min River Tam 30,694
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min exposingdolts 987,153
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 1 hr clayvligon 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 687,171
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr LAWEST100 184,840
Anthony Bragg 6 hr Oic yes 28
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Anonymous 286,539
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 hr Here For Now 619,788
More from around the web