ye olde village pub

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53257 Jan 23, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Good morning friendlies
My mom and I took our Grey to the vet yesterday, to get him tested for Beak and Feather Disease. She says if by Monday we haven't heard anything, we should give 'em a call to check.
Now I have to brag a bit. We had to transport him in a pet carrier, and he was sweet as pie about climbing in by himself! And he was quite happy being in it. He talked to us on the way there, and even uttered a few words while the vet was busy with him. As his wings aren't clipped (we don't let him out), he took flight a few times, but was sweet about stepping up and allowing us to hold him with one hand over his back. Didn't even try to bite. And he cuddled with my mom (she's his favourite). He climbed up her shirt and sat near her shoulder, against her body. And later on he did the same with me. The vet is also going to have him sexed, since she had to draw blood anyway for the PBFD test.
Upon arriving home, it took only seconds to get him to climb out of the carrier into his cage. He was a little nervous, but didn't stress too much.
He's just amazing, and doesn't seem to mind travelling. And it was heavy traffic on the way there.
[/end brag] LOL
That's sweet, Ruby ... no brag, just fact ... Hearts, FC <3 ...

4706 ... straight ....

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53258 Jan 23, 2014
Hello Rotor >mwah< ... you, too! Stay safe, warm & cozy ...

That goes for everyone out there! I'm waiting on the snow ... the pups are loving this cooler weather ... so am I ... I love the cooler wx ... Just making the rounds ... Love to all! FC <3 ...

1888 ... full house ... house of Netflix coming up soon ...

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#53259 Jan 23, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Good morning friendlies
My mom and I took our Grey to the vet yesterday, to get him tested for Beak and Feather Disease. She says if by Monday we haven't heard anything, we should give 'em a call to check.
Now I have to brag a bit. We had to transport him in a pet carrier, and he was sweet as pie about climbing in by himself! And he was quite happy being in it. He talked to us on the way there, and even uttered a few words while the vet was busy with him. As his wings aren't clipped (we don't let him out), he took flight a few times, but was sweet about stepping up and allowing us to hold him with one hand over his back. Didn't even try to bite. And he cuddled with my mom (she's his favourite). He climbed up her shirt and sat near her shoulder, against her body. And later on he did the same with me. The vet is also going to have him sexed, since she had to draw blood anyway for the PBFD test.
Upon arriving home, it took only seconds to get him to climb out of the carrier into his cage. He was a little nervous, but didn't stress too much.
He's just amazing, and doesn't seem to mind travelling. And it was heavy traffic on the way there.
[/end brag] LOL
Well good little bird! Glad to hear that. I do suspect him really is a him. Experience tells me that (like most animals) girls like boys and vicy versy.
So latching on to you and Mom is a good clue.

Location hidden

#53260 Jan 23, 2014
hick_up wrote:
<quoted text>
Dog gone, I hadn't heard about all that. That area seems to have it's share of problems. Personally, I can understand the distress of the ol folks be they native or transplanted.
I resided in Eustis from 89-99 ...it appears the tri-countys problems have only worsened since then. I was out on 44 recently on my way to 75 at Wildwood and I saw where a giant swath of land has been cleared for expansion of the Villages out to 44 ...or so I was told. The laid back farming/cattle communities of yesteryear are gone. The more lucrative shopping mall and rv/retirement park seem to be the rage. Anywho ...if it's green some developer will mow it down in favor of concrete and asphalt.
Yep, that's the way it goes. Even the gov gets in on the act. Orlando thinks it needs a soccer field.(WOO_PEE!) So they bulldoze down a neighborhood. Okay it was kinda a slum, but not the point. There's a church there. Tough, eminent domain!! cries the city, screw you, build a new house.
Well, a new one will cost over 35 mill. Property, construction et al. So the city offer much less. Like 2.5
Did I forget to mention they want to raise taxes for the field?
Did you know that the Federal Reserve has absolutely NOTHING to do with the federal gov.?
Created in 1913 on Captive Island, Ga.by very rich bankers to control the world economy. It's Truue!

Location hidden

#53261 Jan 23, 2014
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
DENVER * DENVER * DENVER * DENVER * DENVER * DENVER * DENVER ..
Oh, Hi Ed ...
7139 ... fold the Denver banner for now and save it for game time ...
What pray tell had I done to deserve that?
But if you must my dear...
GO LEAFS GO!!
Sorry, wrong game.
Lat's go Seahawks.
Done.
1234, not in that order mind, but anyway. bet they win tonight.
[7 pm local at Dallas.]

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53262 Jan 24, 2014
Morning friendlies!

Happy Fridaaayyy! Wishing all a good day and a splendid weekend!

7634... Damn

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#53263 Jan 24, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Morning friendlies!
Happy Fridaaayyy! Wishing all a good day and a splendid weekend!
7634... Damn
My weekend is already over, and the next four days will be splendid anyway.

:)

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#53264 Jan 24, 2014
It's going to snow every day for the next week.
I think I'll start drinking right now.
Hope everyone had a good week and will have a nice weekend.
2nd date with nice lady, Liann tomorrow.
Going to the Boston Aquarium. They did a huge upgrade over the summer and I'm looking forward to seeing it, I've never been there.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53265 Jan 24, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you are able to pay off all your schooling Rotor?!
VA Voc Rehab. Thank you for sending me to school.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53266 Jan 24, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
It's going to snow every day for the next week.
I think I'll start drinking right now.
Hope everyone had a good week and will have a nice weekend.
2nd date with nice lady, Liann tomorrow.
Going to the Boston Aquarium. They did a huge upgrade over the summer and I'm looking forward to seeing it, I've never been there.
Wow, that's awesome! Enjoy it to the max!:)

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53267 Jan 24, 2014
My parents, sister, brother-in-law and their daughter are all going to the stable yard today. They're having a "Cowboy day" - It's basically a day filled with horse-related games (mounted). I've never participated in it, I don't have the confidence in myself to do it. But being a spectator (and taking nice pics) is just as much fun. It's another scorcher today, so we have to remember our sunscreen and hats!

Hope everybody's having a good weekend so far

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53268 Jan 24, 2014
^^ Forgot to add myself to that list, lol

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53269 Jan 25, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's awesome! Enjoy it to the max!:)
Which?
The snow?
The drinking?
The date?

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53270 Jan 25, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
My parents, sister, brother-in-law and their daughter are all going to the stable yard today. They're having a "Cowboy day" - It's basically a day filled with horse-related games (mounted). I've never participated in it, I don't have the confidence in myself to do it. But being a spectator (and taking nice pics) is just as much fun. It's another scorcher today, so we have to remember our sunscreen and hats!
Hope everybody's having a good weekend so far
You should at least try......
It's not about being great, it's about having fun.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53271 Jan 25, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>
Which?
The snow?
The drinking?
The date?
All three! Lol, I was talking 'bout the date. Probably should've specified...

Now then, about that snow... Won't you send some this way pleeeaaase?! Though snow would be rather strange in the Summer, lol

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53272 Jan 25, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>You should at least try......
It's not about being great, it's about having fun.
I'm not a very good rider (in my opinion) and I can't just hop on and off a horse the way the other people do it. They make it look so effortless and easy. And it's better for me to sit on the sidelines than it would be to participate. Maybe one day when I don't care so much what other people think. I know, I know, it shouldn't matter but I'm weird like that.

Besides, I feel like I'm too heavy to ride, and feel extremely guilty whenever I do ride, because I'm so heavy.(And it's not all that comfortable now)

Losing weight is going to take aaages, so I just have to be patient. And try to enjoy life in the meantime... ;-p

5005 - Whoohoo! How lucky can one get?? Lol

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53273 Jan 26, 2014
Morning friendlies

Been a crazy weekend, but fun nonetheless. Didn't get 'round to going riding yesterday, but that's ok, there's always next weekend...

And so begins a new week, hope everyone has a nice start to the week.

We might find out the PBFD test results today, hoping and praying for a negative, but we'll just have to wait and see... Not knowing is making me crazy but that's ok. Anyway, irrespective of the results on this test, we have to test again in 3 months' time, and we will only know for certain after the second test, so keeping my fingers crossed. Will update as soon as we've heard back from the vet

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53274 Jan 27, 2014
Good luck Ruby. <Fingers crossed>

Morning folks
Had a very nice time on my date Saturday.
New England Aquarium was very cool.
On the way home we were yacking away and I didn't move over so wound up on Hwy 101 E instead of 93 N, and frankly didn't even notice until we wound up at Hampton beach. It was like "How did we get HERE?!?!?!?!" Had something to laugh about, that's for sure.
Instrumentation and Controls today.
Deja vous I think I've done this before.....
Why don't they get that Mechanical Engineers go to an instrument catalog and buy gauges? If it doesn't work we send it back....Duh.
Anyway it is what it is and I'll suffer through it.
Seasonably cold today

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53275 Jan 27, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>
Which?
The snow?
The drinking?
The date?
It's Monday ... I say all of the above, Rotor >>mwah<< lol ...

9901 ... full house ---> Make it so ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53276 Jan 27, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
Good luck Ruby. <Fingers crossed>
Morning folks
Had a very nice time on my date Saturday.
New England Aquarium was very cool.
On the way home we were yacking away and I didn't move over so wound up on Hwy 101 E instead of 93 N, and frankly didn't even notice until we wound up at Hampton beach. It was like "How did we get HERE?!?!?!?!" Had something to laugh about, that's for sure.
Instrumentation and Controls today.
Deja vous I think I've done this before.....
Why don't they get that Mechanical Engineers go to an instrument catalog and buy gauges? If it doesn't work we send it back....Duh.
Anyway it is what it is and I'll suffer through it.
Seasonably cold today
LOL, BTDT (been there done that)---< the deja vu thing, heh! >smiles<

2122 ... another full house of deja vu's ... YIKES ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Gabriel 981,354
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 20 min sharona 5
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min ROCCO 104,742
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min True Christian-Jew 673,309
Racism, Genocide and BIG OIL 1 hr Perry Mason jr 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr True Christian-Jew 445,870
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Holy Child Jehova... 619,377
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr bad bob 184,620
More from around the web