ye olde village pub

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53184 Jan 8, 2014
Morning friendlies

Today is D-day. The day I find out the test results of my ringneck.
I have mixed feelings about it. Will give 'em a call a bit later to hear what the outcome is

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53185 Jan 9, 2014
Don't have any news yet. I phoned them earlier today but the results weren't in yet. They said they'd phone me when it gets there. So now it's a waiting game... *BIG sigh*

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#53186 Jan 9, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I'll keep digging.
Dug out my Foxfire #5 and found the recipe for Black Powder, It consists of(by weight):

75% Saltpeter(finely ground)

15% charcoal(finely ground)

10% sulpher(powdered flowers of sulpher)

mix ingredients in a plastic/ceramic bowl. After they are well mixed,add just enough water to until you have a biscuit dough-like consistencey.(Urine can be substituted for water. Some claim it adds to the power's "oomph" during ignition.) take the powder dough and roll out on wood plank until 3/8" thick. Let dry completely,usually a couple days. After it is dried it can then be "corned" or broken into the desired grain size. 1f/2ff or 3fff size.

There ya go. Have fun,be safe and play well with others.....

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#53187 Jan 9, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Dug out my Foxfire #5 and found the recipe for Black Powder, It consists of(by weight):
75% Saltpeter(finely ground)
15% charcoal(finely ground)
10% sulpher(powdered flowers of sulpher)
mix ingredients in a plastic/ceramic bowl. After they are well mixed,add just enough water to until you have a biscuit dough-like consistencey.(Urine can be substituted for water. Some claim it adds to the power's "oomph" during ignition.) take the powder dough and roll out on wood plank until 3/8" thick. Let dry completely,usually a couple days. After it is dried it can then be "corned" or broken into the desired grain size. 1f/2ff or 3fff size.
There ya go. Have fun,be safe and play well with others.....
Thanx so much. Now for the rest
Fun... check
Safe .... check
Play well with others ... may have to qwork on that a little. Which brings us to ...
Watched this show on Sci channel. About UFO's and aliens and stuff.
There was something about how they're living among us(mostly in DC) I always knew I was different somehow. But I only joked about being a Klingon..
I guess it's attitude.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53188 Jan 9, 2014
Good morning friendlies and HAPPY FRIDAY!

Had a hard time falling asleep last night, was worrying about the results for my ringneck's beak-and-feather disease test.

And I was informed by a friend that her daughter's boyfriend saw a brown horse with a badly wounded front foot (just above the hoof). Of course my first thought was that it's MY horse who managed to injure himself again. But my mind was put at ease this morning when I saw the reply that it's two new horses who have injuries. I'm glad that the bad luck missed me this time, but I feel sorry for those horses and their owners. I know what it feels like...

I hope they make a speedy recovery.

Have a great Friday everybody, and a fantastic weekend

6541 - Just missed it

Location hidden

#53189 Jan 10, 2014
Hi, Ruby, Rotor, Okie, Princess, FC and that guy I haven't seen in a while.
The sun's out, it's warm again. Jupiter rises just after sunset. Had to toss that in. Brightest thing in the sky.
XO's got the week-end off so probably go somewhere.
everybody behave while I'm gone.

From the VAC. Had a commercial shot yesterday for a cancer center in Atl. IF, it happens to be the big one all over the U.S. we may get to see it.

Check out P-51 D called E Pluribus Unum. Really nice paint on that bird.

Location hidden

#53190 Jan 10, 2014
Hi Ricky. smile sheepishly for almost forgeting ...

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#53191 Jan 10, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
Hi Ricky. smile sheepishly for almost forgeting ...
G'nite, Ed...

Location hidden

#53192 Jan 12, 2014
Well it got stormy last night. Picked up some more rain and naturally the temp dropped too.
I really miss dry season with the balmy temps and breezes ...
Must be that global warming thing screwing up the jet stream.
Hey, do you think there might be any fish in that stream? Just kidding.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#53194 Jan 13, 2014
Good morning folks.
Another manic Monday.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53195 Jan 13, 2014
Hi friendlies

Just dropped by to say hello. I was off sick today. Yesterday afternoon I threw up after lunch, and everytime I tried to drink something, it would come right back out again. Didn't feel much better this morning. But I'm happy to report that I'm now again able to eat and drink things without it coming right back out. I don't know what's wrong with me, this was the second time something like this happened. But I didn't see the need to go to the doctor. Will just monitor the situation carefully and hope for the best

Still no news from the vets about my ringneck's blood tests. Phoned them earlier, and they said they'd call me back, but I haven't heard anything back from them so I don't know what's going on. I was supposed to get the results on Thursday or Friday already! Just gives me even more reason for concern...

Anyway, hope you all had a good day so far and will have a nice peaceful evening. Ciao for now

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#53196 Jan 13, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
Hi friendlies
Just dropped by to say hello. I was off sick today. Yesterday afternoon I threw up after lunch, and everytime I tried to drink something, it would come right back out again. Didn't feel much better this morning. But I'm happy to report that I'm now again able to eat and drink things without it coming right back out. I don't know what's wrong with me, this was the second time something like this happened. But I didn't see the need to go to the doctor. Will just monitor the situation carefully and hope for the best
Still no news from the vets about my ringneck's blood tests. Phoned them earlier, and they said they'd call me back, but I haven't heard anything back from them so I don't know what's going on. I was supposed to get the results on Thursday or Friday already! Just gives me even more reason for concern...
Anyway, hope you all had a good day so far and will have a nice peaceful evening. Ciao for now
Ringneck? As in Pheasant? Our neighbor who leases part of our farm has guided hunts for them and chukkar sometimes on weekends. What the hunters don't successfully harvest we see roaming around until the red tailed hawks get them. We can always tell when he has a big hunt. There will be 5 hawks in a single large oak tree.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53197 Jan 13, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
Good morning folks.
Another manic Monday.
Hi Rotor!
Ed, Princess, Oki, Ruby, Shove and all good peeps around here ... been awhile ... All those "to do" things for the 1st of the year, yeah those ... well, been working on them ... Got 3 piles down and working on the next ... Finally released for the right knee surgery after 5 months of rehab and started back up at the gym first week of Jan ... well, this is only the 2nd week, huh? Well, actually it's the 3rd week but it feels like forever ... I didn't realize how much I missed my cronies at the gym and they actually missed me, too! It's like I have a life again, LOL ... Gaby is trying to talk me in joining her YMCA and I toured it today ... WOW! Their inside pool is State of the Art ,, absolutely beautiful ... I'm not a swimmer ... I mean I can swim but I have a low ear canal, water gets in there but doesn't come out so here come the ear infections ... There's also an awesome outdoor pool ... there's time out the little kids have to come out so the adults can have their time ...The Y is in Cedar Park, the fastest growing town in Texas and a LOT closer to where I live ... 12 miles ... my gym is a lot further but I've been going there since 2006 and I guess you might say I don't like change but I've developed my friendships there and I really like it there ... so I'm rambling. Happy 2014 SALUD! FC <3

6750 ... straight

Location hidden

#53198 Jan 13, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Ringneck? As in Pheasant? Our neighbor who leases part of our farm has guided hunts for them and chukkar sometimes on weekends. What the hunters don't successfully harvest we see roaming around until the red tailed hawks get them. We can always tell when he has a big hunt. There will be 5 hawks in a single large oak tree.
Ahh we know where your mind is now don't we?
Ring neck parakeet she has.
But about them delicious birds wandering about. Whenst I was just a wee lad, I used to snipe them from my bedroom window. Sent the dog out after them too.Funny thing, Dad never asked why the picnic table was against the back of the house. Guess he just understood.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53199 Jan 13, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Ringneck? As in Pheasant? Our neighbor who leases part of our farm has guided hunts for them and chukkar sometimes on weekends. What the hunters don't successfully harvest we see roaming around until the red tailed hawks get them. We can always tell when he has a big hunt. There will be 5 hawks in a single large oak tree.
Ed Teach wrote:
Ring neck parakeet she has.
Yes, an Indian Ringneck parakeet. The wild ones come mostly in green, but mine's supposedly a blue pallid (colour). Looks like this one:(Well, when he HAD feathers!) http://www.indianringneck.net/sitebuilder/ima...

Phoning the vet again today to enquire about the blood test. It's been much too long now. They said they'd phone me back yesterday, but never did. I don't know if they just forgot or what but I hope they get their shit sorted now and tell me what the results are!!! I paid a lot of money for those damn tests!

7878 - Bet they'll have a million excuses and stories again!

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53200 Jan 14, 2014
Well, I phoned the vet again about 3 hours ago, and as suspected, they had a million-and-one excuses again, and I'm STILL waiting for them to "phone me back". Yet again! This is getting absolutely ridiculous and when I phone them now, I'm not going to be friendly. I demand an answer from them NOW! My patience is wearing very thin

I've decided, if they say they'd phone me back, I'm going to say no, I'll hold. Doesn't matter how long I have to wait, I'm not hanging up before I get my answer! So they had better be prepared. I am NOT a very happy camper at the moment

8885 - Bet they'd get me my f**king results next time I phone

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53201 Jan 14, 2014
*#%^@!

I phoned them again now, and apparently they're waiting for the fax to come through. Couldn't they tell me that on Thursday already???

They said they'd phone me back. Yet again. But I'm not counting on it. This is really getting ridiculous now, and the longer the wait, the more I stress about the outcome...

So here we go again, round 3 of this waiting game. Great.

6754 - Cool. Let's hope that's a good sign

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#53202 Jan 14, 2014
Fingers crossed for a good result Ruby.

Morning everyone. Our January thaw is on going.
We're going to pay for this. probably get three more feet of snow by the end of the month.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#53203 Jan 14, 2014
Good luck Ruby!

I wanted to stop in and tell everyone good morning and Happy New Year!

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#53204 Jan 14, 2014
Ricky F wrote:
Good luck Ruby!
I wanted to stop in and tell everyone good morning and Happy New Year!
Good morning and Happy New Year to you too, Ricky!

Good to see you again.
")

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary can win! 4 min Nipz8146 17
Ladies, do u wear minis to get touched up or pu... (Nov '12) 6 min Lucy 1979 95
The Fake News About Fake News 7 min Lollypop4364 2
Selling a controlled substance 11 min Squirtzzz2572 5
Hey girls add jbibby35 for fat cock 15 min Mints5312 2
College girls sleepin' with 'Sugar Daddys' are ... 18 min Charm3950 2
Moronnz eavsdropping on my phone calls 22 min Rose3664 2
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr gundee123 1,226
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 2 hr Glitter7145 63
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr karl44 87,900
More from around the web