ye olde village pub

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#53164 Jan 6, 2014
Morning everyone.
Yeah me too Ed high of 44 today then the bottom falls out and back to arctic cold.

One of these Ruby?

http://carolinabirds.org/Daniels/SouthAfrica/...

If so that's cool. Hope he's isn't naked for long.....

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#53165 Jan 6, 2014
Morning all. It's frigidly freezing here. Too friggin' cold to do anything, but hibernate.
Stay warm, whereever you are....

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#53166 Jan 6, 2014
Brrrrrr .....cold and windy .. makes for a bad hair day !!:(

Take care .

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#53167 Jan 6, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
234 0, missed it by that much.
"0" is a wild card. So you actually made it :)

4060 (4,5,6,7)- Talk about lucky :p

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53168 Jan 6, 2014
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning everyone.
Yeah me too Ed high of 44 today then the bottom falls out and back to arctic cold.
One of these Ruby?
http://carolinabirds.org/Daniels/SouthAfrica/...
If so that's cool. Hope he's isn't naked for long.....
Yes, one of those. But mine's a very, very pale blue with bits of white mixed in.(That was, at least, when he HAD feathers, lol)

Looks a bit like this one:

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac327/jamc...

“Hello Trump”

Goodby Hillary

#53169 Jan 6, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't get much from the Trail Boss people but the folks at Hodgon state that the trip 7 should be loaded "loose". The ball should rest lightly against the powder. No wad.
Nah, I'd rather ram it up tight. I use a patch on the ball to, it being essentially a steel ball bearing.
Still, finding the stuff is getting way hard. Makes one wonder about some fed involvement ...
p.s. I use about 1 1/2 oz. by volume,'tis only 1".
As a last resort you coild make your own B/P. The formula is available on the net qand the ingrediants can be had easily. A well stocked pharmacy should carry flowers of sulpher and sodium nitrate powder. The charcoal is any generic BBQ charcoal grou nd to a fine powder. OR,if you can find the Foxfire series of books from the 70's one of the volumes has a pretty good chapter on making ALL the ingrediants from scratch.

As far as I know the main impediment for the availability of B/P is all the Federal regs concerning shipping/storage. Right now Dixie gun works is the ONLY place I can locate B/P. And they don't ship anymore. They'll sell you all you want if you come get it. But with them being located in Union City,TN it might be a bit of a drive for you. They are just a couple three hours from me,but to drive that far for a couple pounds wouldn't be cost effective. I still have almost 3/4 pound of real B/P left and almost a pound of Goex B/P substitute(which looks/measures/reacts like the real deal.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#53170 Jan 6, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Morning all. It's frigidly freezing here. Too friggin' cold to do anything, but hibernate.
Stay warm, whereever you are....
High, Princess, Rotor. The weather gods are true to the word.
At 1:pm the temp was 78. Now at 10:00 it's 48 and dropping. Expect frost if the wind dies. Now, 22 Kts. gusting 35. But if the wind does die off, we'll get ice fog as the waters still around 50.
Haven't seen that in 30 yrs. Still it is pretty to look at.

Location hidden

#53171 Jan 6, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>As a last resort you coild make your own B/P. The formula is available on the net qand the ingrediants can be had easily. A well stocked pharmacy should carry flowers of sulpher and sodium nitrate powder. The charcoal is any generic BBQ charcoal grou nd to a fine powder. OR,if you can find the Foxfire series of books from the 70's one of the volumes has a pretty good chapter on making ALL the ingrediants from scratch.
As far as I know the main impediment for the availability of B/P is all the Federal regs concerning shipping/storage. Right now Dixie gun works is the ONLY place I can locate B/P. And they don't ship anymore. They'll sell you all you want if you come get it. But with them being located in Union City,TN it might be a bit of a drive for you. They are just a couple three hours from me,but to drive that far for a couple pounds wouldn't be cost effective. I still have almost 3/4 pound of real B/P left and almost a pound of Goex B/P substitute(which looks/measures/reacts like the real deal.
As far as regular B/P goes I can get that at Bass pro in Orlando.I don't even want to drive there!
Now that you mention it, there is a place that I could get the required materials as may well you.
The Chemistry store.com . They are in Cayce inn S.C. I got a few things from them before and was very satisfied. Be cautious about Nitric acid though. Lotsa questions. But if you happen to refinish or 'antique' furniture it's okay.
Just be damn careful with the stuff.
Better living through chemistry, right?

Location hidden

#53172 Jan 6, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
"0" is a wild card. So you actually made it :)
4060 (4,5,6,7)- Talk about lucky :p
Well good for me,eh? Guess I can get those new halyards now.
Good luck with you little bird, are you sure it's just a bad molt or is it beginning to pluck excessively?
Mites are pretty easy to spot with a jewelers fob. eyepiece or whatever they call it.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53173 Jan 7, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Well good for me,eh? Guess I can get those new halyards now.
Good luck with you little bird, are you sure it's just a bad molt or is it beginning to pluck excessively?
Mites are pretty easy to spot with a jewelers fob. eyepiece or whatever they call it.
Thank you. I don't think it's a plucking issue, as he's got a few new fluffy feathers on his chest. But those were the only new ones. And he's only got about 3 tail feathers left, and the feathers on his head and wings are also starting to disappear :(

I just hope it's not beak and feather disease, because then it means I'm going to have to have him put down, and I'll have to get rid of the cage. We lost a love bird a few years ago due to beak and feather disease, he was very ill, didn't even eat. And we had to throw away the cage and everything, and couldn't get another bird for a minimum of 6 months, as that is the incubation period for the disease, humans are "carriers"

So far my hopes are still up because he's still eating - has a very healthy appetite!- and he apart from the feather loss, he hasn't shown any other signs of illness. I can't wait to find out what the results are, I'm stressed. Luckily our African Grey hasn't shown any signs of the disease, so let's hope IF that's what it is, that he didn't catch it too

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#53174 Jan 7, 2014
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, one of those. But mine's a very, very pale blue with bits of white mixed in.(That was, at least, when he HAD feathers, lol)
Looks a bit like this one:
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac327/jamc...
He's a very pretty bird. Here's hoping this is just a moulting issue, and nothing more serious....I can tell you're very concerned. Our pets are family too. It sucks when they're sick.

:(

Best of luck to both of you, Ruby.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53175 Jan 7, 2014
Afternoon everyone ... Been staying warm & snuggly ... made it to the gym yesterday now that formal physical rehab is over for my right knee operation ...'bout time ... been missing my friends at the gym ... was sore this morning, a warm long shower took care of that ... suited up for the gym today but instead will go back to PT and ride their recumbent bike for 2 miles and come home and do free weights for upper body and my "hit the floor" exercises which were part of the "you're released with HEP" HEP = home exercise program ... Maid, okay my helper said she came by at her normal 0830 time ... no answer, no pups barking ... got too cold for her to wait around for me ... she doesn't have my cell phone so she lost out on 4 hours and I lost out on my OCD issues, LOL ... But she did a great job yesterday, matching the lids to my pots and pans, we threw out the misfits ... rather they're being donated to SAVERS (non-profit organization that caters to Easter Seals Society) 501(3)C so they're for real ... I DO NOT CATER to Goodwill whose money goes to their management, not their employees as they say they "employ" ppl ... don't get me started!... anyway ... the inside of all my cabinets would make a pretty picture for that Housekeeping magazine or would prove that I really have OCD issues, haha but my helper said, "well, then so does my grandmother!" ... I almost fell outta my chair laughing ... good comeback, lol ... I just feel bad she lost out on 4 hours today, wonder why my pups didn't hear her ... anyway, going to make a copy of my key to give her, yep, I trust her ... she's pretty cool and very calm ... she passes her calmness over to me ... pretty little thing from LA ... plays in a band & sings pretty good ... is hip to my music scene as well ... very knowledgeable in my area of expertise with regard to my musical savvy ... it's all good ... well, all I got to say ... headed to PT ... Good to see everyone ... It's a beautiful day ... Enjoy it! Hearts & hugs ~ FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#53176 Jan 7, 2014
>>>>>>> >>>>..Rotor.< <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <

>mwah<

8013 ... Fold like a pup tent

Location hidden

#53177 Jan 7, 2014
Good day for Chili. Cold, windy and partly cloudy too.
38 last night, better tonight but not by much
week-end will be back to the 80's

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#53178 Jan 7, 2014
Good morning friendlies!

First work-day of 2014. Already crazy busy catching up on all the work

Feels like a Monday. And I hate Mondays... Oh well, best get busy with all this work, lol

Have a good hump day everybody

8256 - Nada

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#53179 Jan 8, 2014
Good morning. Here's hoping you are all warm and dry where you are today..... Stay in if you can, it's still cold--but the warm up is on the way...

Location hidden

#53180 Jan 8, 2014
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Good morning. Here's hoping you are all warm and dry where you are today..... Stay in if you can, it's still cold--but the warm up is on the way...
Hey princess, is it still cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey?
Don't you just love those old sailors terminology?

p.s. Okie, I had meant to say Cabellas, but had a brain fart.

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#53181 Jan 8, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't know as we don't HAVE a brass monkey. No problem. I understand an overabundance of sniffing salt water will cause your brain to fart on occasion....LOL.

Seriously though, it IS getting warmer. I think it's above 32 degrees here now. Warming up fast.....

“Hello Trump”

Goodby Hillary

#53182 Jan 8, 2014
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have an Uncle Lee's in your area,check there. Uncle Lee's USED to be ALL over the South when I was a kid. The only one I know of now is in Greenville,KY. It is THE outdoor Mecca for hunters/fishermen and trappers. If they don't have or can't get it you don't need it or it ain't made.

Location hidden

#53183 Jan 8, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>If you have an Uncle Lee's in your area,check there. Uncle Lee's USED to be ALL over the South when I was a kid. The only one I know of now is in Greenville,KY. It is THE outdoor Mecca for hunters/fishermen and trappers. If they don't have or can't get it you don't need it or it ain't made.
Thanks, I'll keep digging.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Trump Whines 46,035
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min onemale 286,686
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Michael 691,959
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr trumpthedotard 990,667
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr trumpthedotard 6,692
"Can I have a minute..I wanna flee...?!.uh writ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 4 hr Edthirty 3
More from around the web