ye olde village pub

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#52734 Oct 29, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
After being married for 44 years, I took a careful look at my wife one day and said, Darling, 44 years ago we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10-inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep with a hot 25 year old girl. Now, I have a $500,000 home, a $45,000 car, nice big bed and Plasma screen TV, but I'm sleeping with a 65 year old woman. It seems to me that you're not holding up your side of things."
My wife is a very reasonable woman. She told me to go out and find a hot 25 my year old gal, and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car, sleeping on a sofa and watching a 10 inch black and white TV.
AREN'T OLDER WOMEN GREAT? THEY REALLY KNOW HOW TO SOLVE YOUR MID-LIFE CRISIS. lol
Smart.
1223, bet ya stick with it.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#52735 Oct 29, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
After being married for 44 years, I took a careful look at my wife one day and said, Darling, 44 years ago we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10-inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep with a hot 25 year old girl. Now, I have a $500,000 home, a $45,000 car, nice big bed and Plasma screen TV, but I'm sleeping with a 65 year old woman. It seems to me that you're not holding up your side of things."
My wife is a very reasonable woman. She told me to go out and find a hot 25 my year old gal, and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car, sleeping on a sofa and watching a 10 inch black and white TV.
AREN'T OLDER WOMEN GREAT? THEY REALLY KNOW HOW TO SOLVE YOUR MID-LIFE CRISIS. lol
7883 ... like Ed said, bet you stick with it, LOL ...

Afternoon everyone ... Enjoy your day ... FC <3 ...

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#52736 Oct 29, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
It is often hard to do the right thing for the animals we love. It would be nice to visit too, but that makes it harder for them. To see us and then see us leave once more. I do hope you find a caring person for him.
I've decided to keep riding, but I'll take it easy on the rides. Which is what I do anyway. My mom said I should continue riding to benefit my state of mind and overall mood. I just can't help but feel guilty for expecting him to carry me. And he's so forgiving and sweet about it.

I never thought about the animals getting sad to just watch us leave again after we've paid them a visit. I know that they have emotions and feelings just like we do. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go visit (and ride) this coming weekend. Weather's been kinda strange the last couple of days so we'll see.
Ed Teach wrote:
As to that meal. Native Americans did the same thing, but not having metal, they used pumpkins.
Very interesting

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#52737 Oct 30, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart.
1223, bet ya stick with it.
I believe you're right!

Morning Ed, FC, Rotor, Hites, Shovel, Ruby, Okie and anyone else I missed!

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#52738 Oct 30, 2013
All the men working in the Melt Shop of the steel mill soon learned to be very careful around the furnace and the ladles full of molten steel. Every worker feared what would happen if the chains holding the ladles full of hot liquid ever broke while they passed overhead. Burning to death in molten steel might be a quick demise, but it would be agonizing.

One poor fellow who used to work in the Melt Shop had tripped over a rigger hose back in 1922 and had fallen into a ladle of hot steel. His body was immediately liquefied; there was nothing left for his family to bury save for a small nugget of steel that was skimmed from the tainted ladle before its contents was dumped into a vacant lot. From that day onward, the workers said that the workman's ghost clanked and moaned its way around the Shop at night, searching for his dead body.

Now the newest steel worker, a young man recently moved to Pittsburgh, laughed mockingly when he heard the story about the ghost. He even volunteered to work the late shift just to prove to the other men that they were wrong about the ghost. The young man liked the extra money this earned him, and soon his reputation for fearlessness and his scorn for the ghost were the talk of the mill.

There came an evening the young man found himself alone on the furnace floor. It was the slow time between shifts, and by rights he should already be on his way home. However, he had stayed behind for a moment to complete a small task, and he hummed contently to himself as he bent over his work. He gradually became aware of a muffled sound coming from somewhere to his left. He ignored it, since the mechanized processes all around him often made strange sounds.

The sound grew louder, and the young man looked up from his labors to see a glowing white mist gathering in the air a few yards away from where he stood. The mist emitted a faint rapping noise, which slowly clarified into steady thud of a workman's approaching footsteps.

The young man gasped, his arms breaking out into goosebumps in spite of the heat from the furnace. He watched with unblinking eyes and pounding heart as the mist solidified into the glowing figure of a workman making his rounds. Suddenly, the workman tripped and fell downwards in slow motion toward a shimmering ladle full of steaming molten steel. The phantom workman's body plunged into the hot liquid, and he tried in vain to grab the sides of the ladle and pull himself out, unwilling to believe that he was doomed. Then, his body liquefying beneath him and his face hideously twisted with pain, the ghostly workman screamed desperately for someone to save him as he sank downward into the red-hot ladle. With a final, hair-raising shriek, the apparition disappeared.

The young man's scream of sheer terror was so loud that it cut through the voice of the phantom, echoing and re-echoing through the furnace room. Dropping his tools as if he himself were burning up, the young man raced for the exit, followed by the gut-wrenching sound of maniacal laughter.

The young man packed his bag as soon as he got back to his lodgings and returned home, never to enter a Melt Shop again. But the ghost of the dead steel worker continued to haunt the Melt Shop until it closed.

They say that to this day, people walking near the spot where the Melt Shop once stood can still hear the steel worker's dying scream, followed by the sound of maniacal laughter..

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#52739 Oct 30, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you're right!
Morning Ed, FC, Rotor, Hites, Shovel, Ruby, Okie and anyone else I missed!
Morning everyone ... happy day to you ... FC <3 ...

Location hidden

#52740 Oct 30, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've decided to keep riding, but I'll take it easy on the rides. Which is what I do anyway. My mom said I should continue riding to benefit my state of mind and overall mood. I just can't help but feel guilty for expecting him to carry me. And he's so forgiving and sweet about it.
I never thought about the animals getting sad to just watch us leave again after we've paid them a visit. I know that they have emotions and feelings just like we do. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go visit (and ride) this coming weekend. Weather's been kinda strange the last couple of days so we'll see.
<quoted text>
Very interesting
Once in a very great while we have to leave our parrot with a friend.
when I return after a week or ten days, the sounds she makes, the calling of our names, there is no way I could walk out again. I would sooner she be put down.
True story, I came around a corner on the road and saw a dove lying there, its mate next to it, nudging it with its beak.
I know they have feelings, they're social animals like us. Difference is they didn't work to destroy their planet.

Location hidden

#52741 Oct 30, 2013
Had to change my avatar since so many others did ...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52742 Oct 30, 2013
GO SOX!!!!!

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52743 Oct 30, 2013
woot

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52744 Oct 30, 2013
Morning friendlies

Woke up with a sore back again this morning. Still the same muscles I hurt the last time I rode when my boy "ran away with me". I think the muscles keep going into spasm. I still have some of the meds the doctor gave me so I'll just take some and see if it improves.

And on the way to work I started feeling a little nauseous. I don't know why, I did eat breakfast so I don't know what caused it. Oh well, at least I didn't stay off work again so all's well. Didn't feel like getting shouted at today, lol.

Oh, and yesterday afternoon my sister and neice joined me on my walk. My neice on her bicycle and my sister and I walking alongside her. It was great having some company on my walk. And in turn my sister can also get some exercise. We're going to my neice's "school concert" tonight. Looking forward to seeing all those little kids performing.

And happy halloween to all who celebrates it. My family doesn't believe in halloween so none of us celebrate it

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52745 Oct 30, 2013
Found out an interesting fact recently. Antidepressants cause Alzheimer's... If I remember (no pun intended), I'm going to ask my psychiatrist about it at my next appointment. I'm actually feeling fine so don't think I still need to take them.

And this isn't something I read online, I actually heard it from another person who also has bipolar.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52746 Oct 30, 2013
“Brian, what’s wrong with you? You’ve been sitting at your desk looking depressed for the last five minutes!”“Oh Dan,” responded Brian “I don’t know what to do! I got in a big fight last night with my Suzie, she claims I never buy her gifts, so I must not care about her!”

“Brian, that’s horrible!” said Dan putting his arm around Brian.“What type of a gift does she want already?”

“Well, right before she closed the door on my face she said to me:“Why don’t you show me how much you care about me? Why can’t you get me something that goes from 0 to 175 in seconds!”

“Dan what should I do? I don’t have that kind of money? I can’t go out and buy her a car!”

“A car? Asked Dan.“Who needs a car? Just stop by Target and buy her a scale!”…

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52747 Oct 30, 2013
Brian, one of the worlds greatest hypochondriacs, bumped into his Dr. one day at the supermarket.

“Doc!” Brian exclaimed,“I’ve been meaning to tell you, remember those voices I kept on hearing in my head? I haven’t heard them in over a week!”

“Wow! What wonderful news Brian! I’m so happy for you!” his Dr. exclaimed.

“Wonderful?” asked a dismal looking Brian.“There’s nothing wonderful about it. I’m afraid my hearing is starting to go now!

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52748 Oct 30, 2013
Harry was sick and tired of being constantly badgered by his wife Barbara for spending so much time at the bar. Hoping it would help matters, Harry invited Barbara along with him.

“So what would you like?” Harry cordially asked, as she took her seat next to him.“Oh I don’t know” Barbara replied,“I guess I’ll take the same thing as you.”

“OK” said Harry to the bartender,“we’ll take two Johnny Walker’s on the rocks!”

Barbara barely took a sip of the drink before she started gagging “Oh my gosh! Get me a cup of water! This stuff is horrible! How do you drink this garbage?”

“See?” said Harry “and you think I come here just to have a good time?!”

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52749 Oct 31, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
Harry was sick and tired of being constantly badgered by his wife Barbara for spending so much time at the bar. Hoping it would help matters, Harry invited Barbara along with him.
“So what would you like?” Harry cordially asked, as she took her seat next to him.“Oh I don’t know” Barbara replied,“I guess I’ll take the same thing as you.”
“OK” said Harry to the bartender,“we’ll take two Johnny Walker’s on the rocks!”
Barbara barely took a sip of the drink before she started gagging “Oh my gosh! Get me a cup of water! This stuff is horrible! How do you drink this garbage?”
“See?” said Harry “and you think I come here just to have a good time?!”
That's good one.

Morning Ruby

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52750 Oct 31, 2013

“Colorful Beyond Words ”

Since: May 11

" Live, Laugh, Love "

#52751 Oct 31, 2013
Happy Halloween everyone !!

Ruby !! Awesome jokes and LOVE the e-cards !! I may have to borrow one or two of those. Ohh-snap!LOL.

Oh and Ruby - I had horses growing up. They were a BIG part of my life. My family trailed rode many, many weekends. We even camped and took the horses with us. After I went to college and then got married, I never had a place to stable a horse. My kids have missed out on having this kind of fun in their lives. If you can keep the horse ...KEEP IT. You won't regret it. Promise.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#52752 Oct 31, 2013
Good morning everyone ... Thanks for the jokes Ruby ... I borrowed two of them and posted on my thread, hope you don't mind ... well, er, it's kind of too late ... Happy Thursday to all >>smiles and waves<< FC <3 ...

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#52753 Oct 31, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
GO SOX!!!!!
Socks? Argyle,ankle or atheletic? Personally I'm into green wool issue. Wears like iron and warm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min River Tam 37,096
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 2 hr Johnny 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr oneear69 688,786
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Aerobatty 988,536
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 4 hr oneear69 11
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 5 hr Johnny 19
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr My opinion 6,549
More from around the web