ye olde village pub

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#52691 Oct 23, 2013
Hi Hatti, Ricky, Oki.

Yeah Oki, there was frost on the windshield the last two days. Winters coming.
Off to class. uggg I think I'll pick up a 5 hour energy.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#52692 Oct 23, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Love the avatar...may do Morticia as it gets closer to Halloween...
That is Morticia, is it not?

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52693 Oct 23, 2013
Tish! You spoke French!

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#52694 Oct 23, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Tish! You spoke French!
Le lapin a sauté sur la table, mon amour

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#52695 Oct 24, 2013
Morning everybody

Just a quick fly-by. Have a good day

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#52696 Oct 24, 2013
A funeral service is being held for a man who has just passed away. At the end of the service, the pall bearers are carrying the casket out when they accidentally bump into a wall, jarring the casket. They hear a faint moan! They open the casket and find that the man is actually alive! He lives for ten more years, and then dies. Once again, a ceremony is held, and at the end of it, the pallbearers are again carrying out the
casket. As they carry the casket towards the door, the wife cries out: "Watch that wall!"

----------

Vincit qui se vincit

#52697 Oct 24, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Hi Hatti, Ricky, Oki.
Yeah Oki, there was frost on the windshield the last two days. Winters coming.
Off to class. uggg I think I'll pick up a 5 hour energy.
56° here this morning, no frost for us yet.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#52698 Oct 24, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>56° here this morning, no frost for us yet.
Freeze warning for us for the next few mornings. I pulled my Roma tomato plant at work from the landin g to inside the foyer. It is covered with 1/2 ripe tomatoes and I don't want them burned/ruined by the freeze.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#52699 Oct 24, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
Morning everybody
Just a quick fly-by. Have a good day
Hi, Ruby, don't forget to maintain minimum altitude!
(800 AGL)
4687,missed it by that much ....

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52700 Oct 24, 2013
Good morning friendlies and HAPPY FRIIIIDAAAAY!!!

TGIF

I'm knocking off work early today to fetch my neice from school (preschool, that is). Mom's sick. She's got tonsilitis. Her tonsils grew back after they were removed as a child. But they're too small to be removed a second time, not without damaging her vocal chords anyway. I feel so sorry for her. Fortunately she's looking a lot better today.

It was her birthday on Wednesday, turned 50. We're celebrating by making potjiekos tomorrow, the family's coming over. Gonna be great!

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52701 Oct 25, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Le lapin a sauté sur la table, mon amour
nous Mangeons ce lapin fou.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52702 Oct 25, 2013
Man, I hate these pop-up ads! Super annoying!

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52703 Oct 25, 2013
Morning Ruby, you and me both. Happy Friday! Have fun at your family thing.

Vincit qui se vincit

#52704 Oct 25, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Freeze warning for us for the next few mornings. I pulled my Roma tomato plant at work from the landin g to inside the foyer. It is covered with 1/2 ripe tomatoes and I don't want them burned/ruined by the freeze.
Yeah that wouldn't be good. I know you put it back out when it gets warm again, but if you were to leave it inside for the the winter would the tomato's shrink or fall off or maintain?

Vincit qui se vincit

#52705 Oct 25, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
Man, I hate these pop-up ads! Super annoying!
Yeah they are!

Vincit qui se vincit

#52706 Oct 25, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning Ruby, you and me both. Happy Friday! Have fun at your family thing.
You going out this weekend to pick up some strange? lol

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#52707 Oct 25, 2013
Comprehending Engineers - Lesson One

Two engineering students were walking across campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?" The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want." The second engineer nodded approvingly, "Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn't have fit."

Comprehending Engineers - Lesson Two

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Comprehending Engineers - Lesson Three

A pastor, a doctor and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers. The engineer fumed, "What's with these guys? We must have been waiting for 15 minutes!" The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such ineptitude!" The pastor said, "Hey, here comes the greens keeper. Let's have a word with him." [dramatic pause] "Hi George. Say, what's with that group ahead of us?
They're rather slow, aren't they?" The greens keeper replied, "Oh, yes, that's a group of blind fire-fighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime." The group was silent for a moment.
The pastor said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight." The doctor said, "Good idea. And I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist buddy and see if there's anything he can do for them." The engineer said, "Why can't these guys play at night?"

Comprehending Engineers - Lesson Four

There was an engineer who had an exceptional gift for fixing all things mechanical. After serving his company loyally for over 30 years, he happily retired. Several years later the company contacted him regarding a seemingly impossible problem they were having with one of their multi-million dollar machines. They had tried everything and everyone else to get the machine to work but to no avail. In desperation, they called on the retired engineer who had solved so many of their problems in the past. The engineer reluctantly took the challenge. He spent a day studying the huge machine. At the end of the day, he marked a small "x" in chalk on a particular component of the machine and stated, "This is where your problem is". The part was replaced and the machine worked perfectly again. The company received a bill for $50,000 from the engineer for his service. They demanded an itemized accounting of his charges. The engineer responded briefly: One chalk mark:$1. Knowing where to put it:$49,999.

Comprehending Engineers - Lesson Five

What is the difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers?

Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets.

Comprehending Engineers - Lesson Six

Three engineering students were gathered together discussing the possible designers of the human body. One said, "It was a mechanical engineer. Just look at all the joints." Another said, "No, it was an electrical engineer. The nervous system has many thousands of electrical connections." The last said, "Actually it was a civil engineer. Who else would run a toxic waste pipeline through a recreational area?"

Comprehending Engineers - Lesson Seven

"Normal people ... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Location hidden

#52708 Oct 25, 2013
Comprehending Engineers- Lesson Eight

An architect, an artist and an engineer were discussing whether it was better to spend time with the wife or a mistress. The architect said he enjoyed time with his wife, building a solid foundation for an enduring relationship. The artist said he enjoyed
time with his mistress, because of the passion and mystery he found there. The engineer said, "I like having both." "Both?" Engineer: "Yeah. If you have a wife and a mistress, they will each assume you are spending time with the other woman, and you can go to the lab and get some work done."

Comprehending Engineers- Lesson Nine

An engineer was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess". He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket. The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week." The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket. The frog then cried
out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you and do ANYTHING you want." Again the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess, that I'll stay with you for a week and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?" The engineer said, "Look I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a
girlfriend, but a talking frog......now THAT's cool."

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Location hidden

#52709 Oct 25, 2013
To Whom It May Concern:

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks. I want to think M & Ms are better than money because you can eat them. I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple; when all you knew were colours, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't and you didn't care.

All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So ... here's my cheque (check) book and my car keys, my credit card bills and my RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan) statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause ………. "Tag! You're it."

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Location hidden

#52710 Oct 25, 2013
USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) 2002 - 2003 DEPLOYMENT STATISTICS
10 Months Underway

These ships are, truly, floating cities!

* Pure Numbers
- 12,700 takeoffs and trap landings
- 16,500 sorties (for the ten month deployment)
- 265,118 pounds of ordnance used during Operation Enduring Freedom/OSW
- 1.6 million pounds of ordnance used during Operation Iraq Freedom
- 21 million gallons of JP-5 aviation fuel expended
- 102,816 nautical miles steamed upon arrival in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- 80 million gallons of water produced

* Personnel facts
- 352 re-enlistments ($4.5 million in tax-free reenlistment bonuses)
- 150 births (new fathers)
- 35,000 haircuts
- 1,126,226 lbs of Mail handled

* Weather (Ship's Meteorology Division)
- 10,600 station observations
- 32 OSW Strike Briefs
- 179 OIF Strike Briefs

*Supplies and Food
- 48,445 off-ship supply requisitions/orders

- 28 UNREPS (Underway Replenishments) 8,274 pallets of supplies on loaded, including:
-42,107 gallons of milk
-161,839 lbs of Coffee
- 9,100 lbs of Bacon
- 50,600 lbs of Chicken
- 27,275 lbs of Steak
- 16,000 lbs of Shrimp
- 28,808 lbs of Hot Dogs
- 29,000 lbs of Hamburgers
- 2,403 gallons of ice cream

* Ship Store sales:$4,285,698
- 1,412,574 cans of sodas sold, totaling $706,287 in sales

***Department Statistics**********

*Engineering and Damage Control
- 3,893 Command Damage Control Qualifications attained
- 578 locksmith repairs
- 2,781 engraving jobs completed
- 39,747 gals Liquid Oxygen/Nitrogen produced
- 457,800 lbs processed plastic waste

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min TRUTH TELLER 974,901
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 min Johnny 5,110
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 7 min Your Ex 334
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 49 min Aerobatty 71,251
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 53 min Robert F 659,064
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 45,635
Do Plump Women Have Tighter Vaginas? 1 hr jane 2
More from around the web