ye olde village pub

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#52537 Oct 8, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you might need to change bits. What kind are you using now? Snaffle? Hackamore? Some horses develop a "hard mouth" and become used too used to one style of bit and they "tongue" it to lessen the pressure the rider can put on them for control. Try a different type and see if that helps. If not theres always the Alpo man.... LOL
I ride him in a snaffle, yes. I don't think bitting up will help. This is a training issue, and THAT needs to be addressed first and foremost. Thing is with bitting up is where does it end? Slapping on a harsher and harsher bit because of a SCHOOLING issue won't solve the cause, just offer a temporary solution to the outcome/problem.

The woman who rode him a few times I think buggered up all the schooling I've done with him to make him a calm and level-headed ride. She loves to run. Fast. And that put him in a mindset of "rider on my back = run as much and as fast as I want to"

So now the hard work starts. Again. In the meantime I guess I'll just have to learn to hold on when he doesn't listen to me. I know I can get him back to where I had him before it all became undone. It's just a matter of patience, perseverance and bravery...

Bitting up is the absolute last resort, something I don't think necessary. His ground manners are also horrible, he walks over me (tries to walk in front, dragging me along, etc.) So I need to teach him some ground manners first and get him to respect me on the ground first before the same can be used under saddle. It's scary how two years of hard work can become undone in a matter of two rides by someone else!

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52539 Oct 8, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget everything you have read, heard or saw on the tube.
This is how you get in shape and stay in shape like a big cat.
WALK, for about 100 meters, then run like hell for the next(or as far as you can without vapor-locking)
Have you ever seen an overweight woman run? It's a sight for sore eyes. And the ... uhm ... large bust doesn't exactly help. I'll just have to lift my lazy ass off the couch and go for a brisk walk every day. Just for half an hour, and as I become fitter, I can increase the distance. Problem is, I don't want to do it alone. I need a "partner in crime" - I'm much too self-conscious to do it alone.....Ok, it sounds like I'm looking for excuses but I'm serious. Time to get my ass in gear and just do it

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#52540 Oct 9, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen an overweight woman run? It's a sight for sore eyes. And the ... uhm ... large bust doesn't exactly help. I'll just have to lift my lazy ass off the couch and go for a brisk walk every day. Just for half an hour, and as I become fitter, I can increase the distance. Problem is, I don't want to do it alone. I need a "partner in crime" - I'm much too self-conscious to do it alone.....Ok, it sounds like I'm looking for excuses but I'm serious. Time to get my ass in gear and just do it
Since you asked, and I have trouble thinking of this scene again,I recall a very obese female waddeling across a truck stop parking lot. Not so bad in itself, but ... she was about 5'2" tall and weighted in around 150 kilos. Bad yes but the purple spandex and yellow scarf made me want to gag.
Now you know horror.

Location hidden

#52541 Oct 9, 2013
On a lighter note, can you believe the XO doesn't like my wall paper?
What's wrong with the instrument panel of a Cessna?

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#52542 Oct 9, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you asked, and I have trouble thinking of this scene again,I recall a very obese female waddeling across a truck stop parking lot. Not so bad in itself, but ... she was about 5'2" tall and weighted in around 150 kilos. Bad yes but the purple spandex and yellow scarf made me want to gag.
Now you know horror.
Let me guess, was she wearing super tight spandex?

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52543 Oct 9, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
On a lighter note, can you believe the XO doesn't like my wall paper?
What's wrong with the instrument panel of a Cessna?
Nothing if you're 19.......
Or sitting in a Cessna.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#52544 Oct 9, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing if you're 19.......
Or sitting in a Cessna.
I'm not joking RH, as SOON as I read your comment a Cessna flew overhead and they never fly by here? lol

(was sure hoping I didn't here a nose dive!)

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52545 Oct 9, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not joking RH, as SOON as I read your comment a Cessna flew overhead and they never fly by here? lol
(was sure hoping I didn't here a nose dive!)
LOL
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
YOU ARE POST 51,000!
THAT PLANE YOU SAW IS YOUR PRIZE!
IT WILL BE AT YOUR LOCAL AIRPORT TONIGHT FOR YOU TO PICK UP.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#52546 Oct 9, 2013
Good afternoon everyone >waves< blur to everyone, lol ...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52547 Oct 9, 2013
Hi sweetie.

Location hidden

#52548 Oct 9, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess, was she wearing super tight spandex?
Don't they always?

Location hidden

#52549 Oct 9, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing if you're 19.......
Or sitting in a Cessna.
I never think of age as a barrier. Besides, most 19 year old's would probably want something I'd consider obscene, like Miley Cyrus.

1256, before my time, and not the right numbers anyway.

Location hidden

#52550 Oct 9, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
YOU ARE POST 51,000!
THAT PLANE YOU SAW IS YOUR PRIZE!
IT WILL BE AT YOUR LOCAL AIRPORT TONIGHT FOR YOU TO PICK UP.
What KIND of Cessna?

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52551 Oct 9, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
What KIND of Cessna?
The nice one......

http://magicjetgroup.com/blog/wp-content/uplo...

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52552 Oct 9, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you know horror.
Wow, I can only imagine what that must've looked like. Spandex is a priveledge, not a must. Wear at own discretion. I'm sure those people don't have a full length mirror in their house. Or just don't have enough self respect to dress properly

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52553 Oct 9, 2013
Morning friendlies

Wishing all a good Thursday

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52554 Oct 9, 2013
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/jeal...

...and that's why I don't go around telling people that I kiss my horse (or dog, or cat, or bird)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#52555 Oct 10, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Hi sweetie.
Hiya babes! >mwah<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#52556 Oct 10, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
Morning friendlies
Wishing all a good Thursday
Morning Ruby! Happy Thursday :)

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#52557 Oct 10, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
I never think of age as a barrier. Besides, most 19 year old's would probably want something I'd consider obscene, like Miley Cyrus.
1256, before my time, and not the right numbers anyway.
I agree ... >clinks my club soda glass to yours<

9780 ... a straight ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min nanoanomaly 99,617
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min WildWeirdWillie 184,246
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 5 min bad bob 15
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 51 min Rosesz 670,153
How can i get someone to have sex with my wife ... (Jul '13) 2 hr Tony 444 6
Hot Sale Nike Kyrie Irving 3 Basketball Shoes O... 2 hr Donald J Turnip 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr nanoanomaly 980,036
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 hr AussieBobby 286,431
More from around the web