ye olde village pub

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#52524 Oct 7, 2013
Morning friendlies

Had a rough start to the week.

My whole body's muscles are aching, especially my thighs. Decided to ride my boy again on Sunday and he was a little bit hot and difficult to ride. He sort of ran away with me and I hurt my back, just felt something crack, like when someone cracks your back for you but it was painful. Rode in agony the rest of the way home. Now I'm stuck with sore muscles and movement is limited due to the pain. My back's fine though, which I'm really grateful for

Can't believe how out of shape I've become these last few months of not riding. Gotta try to make it a more frequent thing again. My boy carried me just fine, even though I felt a bit off balance a few times. Fortunately no involuntary dismounts, lol.

Have a good day everybody :)

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#52525 Oct 8, 2013
Staying in the saddle is half the battle.
Morning Ruby.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52526 Oct 8, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning Ruby.
I came close to losing that battle. Thought I was going to eat dust a few times during the ride, especially when he decided to run despite my holding him back. It was scary as hell. But I can't really blame him, the horse in front was cantering (loping) so he only wanted to follow. I'm surprised he didn't throw in a buck or two. I'm just glad I managed to stay on. Falling off isn't bad, it's that moment you hit the ground that hurts, lol

8182 - Bet I'll get back into the swing of things again soon

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52527 Oct 8, 2013
I bet you wil too. Now it must be getting warmer down there you'll have more time to get out.
Let the poor boy run, you know that he wants to. Just hang on.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52528 Oct 8, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
I bet you wil too. Now it must be getting warmer down there you'll have more time to get out.
Let the poor boy run, you know that he wants to. Just hang on.
Yip, nice warm weather. Have to start using sunblock again now, as I'm not exactly a fan of sunburn, lol. Only downside is more rain. I don't ride when it's wet and muddy because it's slippery and dangerous, for horse as well as rider. Fortunately it's mostly sunny. For now. We did get some rain last night, which was awesome

Letting him run and hanging on isn't the problem. But I know from experience how hard one falls if something happens at that speed... So needless to say, I'm not a fan of fast rides. I'm happy at a walk with a small amount of trotting and cantering, but I want to decide the speed and not be at the mercy of someone else...

- 7110 -

“ON TRAIL W / DONKEY!”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#52530 Oct 8, 2013
ACTUAL DOCTORS NOTES ON HOSPITAL CHARTS
(Makes you wonder where they got their medical degree!)

1. She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.

2. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.

3. On the second day the knee was better, and on the third day it disappeared.

4. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.

5. The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.

6. Discharge status: Alive but without my permission.

7. Healthy appearing decrepit 69 year old male, mentally alert but forgetful.

8. The patient refused autopsy.

9. The patient has no previous history of suicides.

10. Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital.

11. Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.

12. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.

13. She is numb from her toes down.

14. While in ER, she was examined, x-rated and sent home.

15. The skin was moist and dry.

16. Occasional, constant infrequent headaches.

17. Patient was alert and unresponsive.

18. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.

19. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life, until she got a divorce.

20. I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy.

21. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.

22. Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.

23. The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.

24. The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took a job as a stock broker instead.

25. Skin: somewhat pale but present.

26. The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.

27. Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Blank, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.

28. Large brown stool ambulating in the hall.

29. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#52531 Oct 8, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Or Southern Comfort? lol
Maybe....lol

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#52532 Oct 8, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning Ruby.
I thought knowing was half the battle?

Morning Rotor....

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#52533 Oct 8, 2013
Good morning all. Hope you all have a super day. Fall is in the air, and that means, cool mornings, fresh apples, leaves, and Halloween.

“Hello Trump”

Goodby Hillary

#52534 Oct 8, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I came close to losing that battle. Thought I was going to eat dust a few times during the ride, especially when he decided to run despite my holding him back. It was scary as hell. But I can't really blame him, the horse in front was cantering (loping) so he only wanted to follow. I'm surprised he didn't throw in a buck or two. I'm just glad I managed to stay on. Falling off isn't bad, it's that moment you hit the ground that hurts, lol
8182 - Bet I'll get back into the swing of things again soon
Sounds like you might need to change bits. What kind are you using now? Snaffle? Hackamore? Some horses develop a "hard mouth" and become used too used to one style of bit and they "tongue" it to lessen the pressure the rider can put on them for control. Try a different type and see if that helps. If not theres always the Alpo man.... LOL

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#52535 Oct 8, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
Morning friendlies
Had a rough start to the week.
My whole body's muscles are aching, especially my thighs. Decided to ride my boy again on Sunday and he was a little bit hot and difficult to ride. He sort of ran away with me and I hurt my back, just felt something crack, like when someone cracks your back for you but it was painful. Rode in agony the rest of the way home. Now I'm stuck with sore muscles and movement is limited due to the pain. My back's fine though, which I'm really grateful for
Can't believe how out of shape I've become these last few months of not riding. Gotta try to make it a more frequent thing again. My boy carried me just fine, even though I felt a bit off balance a few times. Fortunately no involuntary dismounts, lol.
Have a good day everybody :)
Forget everything you have read, heard or saw on the tube.
This is how you get in shape and stay in shape like a big cat.
WALK, for about 100 meters, then run like hell for the next(or as far as you can without vapor-locking)
Take your horse with you when you do it. Running along side him is a great bonding thing.
Walk the next 100 meters.
Repeat.
Learned that from a game warden in a preserve in Kenya. Bonded with a pack of Cheetas he did.
Guy was kinda nuts, ran around bare foot and all. Actually put a tracking collar on one with out any sedation. It let him do it.

Location hidden

#52536 Oct 8, 2013
T'was a special on Discovery channel

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52537 Oct 8, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you might need to change bits. What kind are you using now? Snaffle? Hackamore? Some horses develop a "hard mouth" and become used too used to one style of bit and they "tongue" it to lessen the pressure the rider can put on them for control. Try a different type and see if that helps. If not theres always the Alpo man.... LOL
I ride him in a snaffle, yes. I don't think bitting up will help. This is a training issue, and THAT needs to be addressed first and foremost. Thing is with bitting up is where does it end? Slapping on a harsher and harsher bit because of a SCHOOLING issue won't solve the cause, just offer a temporary solution to the outcome/problem.

The woman who rode him a few times I think buggered up all the schooling I've done with him to make him a calm and level-headed ride. She loves to run. Fast. And that put him in a mindset of "rider on my back = run as much and as fast as I want to"

So now the hard work starts. Again. In the meantime I guess I'll just have to learn to hold on when he doesn't listen to me. I know I can get him back to where I had him before it all became undone. It's just a matter of patience, perseverance and bravery...

Bitting up is the absolute last resort, something I don't think necessary. His ground manners are also horrible, he walks over me (tries to walk in front, dragging me along, etc.) So I need to teach him some ground manners first and get him to respect me on the ground first before the same can be used under saddle. It's scary how two years of hard work can become undone in a matter of two rides by someone else!

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52539 Oct 8, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget everything you have read, heard or saw on the tube.
This is how you get in shape and stay in shape like a big cat.
WALK, for about 100 meters, then run like hell for the next(or as far as you can without vapor-locking)
Have you ever seen an overweight woman run? It's a sight for sore eyes. And the ... uhm ... large bust doesn't exactly help. I'll just have to lift my lazy ass off the couch and go for a brisk walk every day. Just for half an hour, and as I become fitter, I can increase the distance. Problem is, I don't want to do it alone. I need a "partner in crime" - I'm much too self-conscious to do it alone.....Ok, it sounds like I'm looking for excuses but I'm serious. Time to get my ass in gear and just do it

Location hidden

#52540 Oct 9, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen an overweight woman run? It's a sight for sore eyes. And the ... uhm ... large bust doesn't exactly help. I'll just have to lift my lazy ass off the couch and go for a brisk walk every day. Just for half an hour, and as I become fitter, I can increase the distance. Problem is, I don't want to do it alone. I need a "partner in crime" - I'm much too self-conscious to do it alone.....Ok, it sounds like I'm looking for excuses but I'm serious. Time to get my ass in gear and just do it
Since you asked, and I have trouble thinking of this scene again,I recall a very obese female waddeling across a truck stop parking lot. Not so bad in itself, but ... she was about 5'2" tall and weighted in around 150 kilos. Bad yes but the purple spandex and yellow scarf made me want to gag.
Now you know horror.

Location hidden

#52541 Oct 9, 2013
On a lighter note, can you believe the XO doesn't like my wall paper?
What's wrong with the instrument panel of a Cessna?

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#52542 Oct 9, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you asked, and I have trouble thinking of this scene again,I recall a very obese female waddeling across a truck stop parking lot. Not so bad in itself, but ... she was about 5'2" tall and weighted in around 150 kilos. Bad yes but the purple spandex and yellow scarf made me want to gag.
Now you know horror.
Let me guess, was she wearing super tight spandex?

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52543 Oct 9, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
On a lighter note, can you believe the XO doesn't like my wall paper?
What's wrong with the instrument panel of a Cessna?
Nothing if you're 19.......
Or sitting in a Cessna.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#52544 Oct 9, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing if you're 19.......
Or sitting in a Cessna.
I'm not joking RH, as SOON as I read your comment a Cessna flew overhead and they never fly by here? lol

(was sure hoping I didn't here a nose dive!)

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52545 Oct 9, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not joking RH, as SOON as I read your comment a Cessna flew overhead and they never fly by here? lol
(was sure hoping I didn't here a nose dive!)
LOL
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
YOU ARE POST 51,000!
THAT PLANE YOU SAW IS YOUR PRIZE!
IT WILL BE AT YOUR LOCAL AIRPORT TONIGHT FOR YOU TO PICK UP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Gotti 53,188
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale1 286,701
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Robert F 693,506
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min trifecta1 992,367
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 41 min Doctor REALITY 11
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 52 min Hypocrite 33
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 57 min bongodongo 446,008
More from around the web