ye olde village pub

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#52360 Sep 10, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
Can you believe this? A yellowjacket hit me in the head, so I swipe it right? Damn thing stung me in the eye.
^&&&^%$$^&!~~! !
Ouch, hope it heals up quickly <hugs>

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52361 Sep 10, 2013
Morning friendlies. Can't believe it's mid-week yet again! Time sure flies...

Have a good hump day everybody

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#52362 Sep 11, 2013
Never forget.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#52363 Sep 11, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch, hope it heals up quickly <hugs>
Thanks Ruby. It stung like crazy for quite a while, even after I put ice on it. Just puffy yesterday, all better now.
By the way, the little perp paid with her life.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Location hidden

#52364 Sep 11, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you guys been affected by the jap bark beetle?
had a hell of a time with them back in Idaho. Mostly because they re-planted after a burn with all the same trees.
I've never even heard of a jap bark beetle, so maybe we don't have them in this area, but I'll have to do some research on them. It very well could be the drought finally getting to some of them? One good rain over the summer stacked on top of several dry summers could be part of the problem?

Location hidden

#52365 Sep 11, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you guys been affected by the jap bark beetle?
had a hell of a time with them back in Idaho. Mostly because they re-planted after a burn with all the same trees.
Nasty little buggers!

They seem to have migrated to some states surrounding Texas as of 2007, so by 2013 they could very well be here and maybe that's it?

Thanks Ed, I'll have to keep an eye out and see how this progresses and try and spot some of these beetles?

http://www.fs.fed.us/outernet/r6/nr/fid/fidls...

Location hidden

#52366 Sep 11, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Nasty little buggers!
They seem to have migrated to some states surrounding Texas as of 2007, so by 2013 they could very well be here and maybe that's it?
Thanks Ed, I'll have to keep an eye out and see how this progresses and try and spot some of these beetles?
http://www.fs.fed.us/outernet/r6/nr/fid/fidls...
Thanx for that report Ricky. back when I lived there, there were jap lumber ships (really!) that would stand offshore and take delivery of raw wood from us and Canada. It was suspected that the infestation came from these ships. Not having been cleaned properly before leaving the far east. What they would do was cut and trim the lumber, never dry it, band it up and then ship it back to us in the states. Very cheap and NFG too. Break the band and the 2X4's turned into skis.
all to save a few bucks mr. corporate man. The expense of having to buy more put a slow down on that trick.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52367 Sep 12, 2013
Morning everyone.
Have I mentioned how distasteful the idea of packing all my stuff up is?
Can anyone say yard sale?

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#52368 Sep 12, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning everyone.
Morning Rotor. Yard sale, there, I said it.

I know it's gotta be a royal pain, We've moved 5 times or so since we've been married, and I told Oki and the kids, the next time I move it will be to the cemetery.

Location hidden

#52369 Sep 12, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning everyone.
IF you still happen to be sharing the dwelling, it's good to go then of course.
Otherwise I would suggest the flea market. They just happen to have dumpsters for the stuff that doesn't sell.
The again there is the donation to any local charity or church, which just happens to be tax deductable too.
I gave away so much when we moved aboard you wouldn't believe it.
Good luck bro.
987...4 just like the lotto.*%$*

“Hello Trump”

Since: Jan 07

Goodby Hillary

#52370 Sep 12, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning everyone.
Sorry for your troubles. Stuff does accumulate over the years. Pre Princess I used to be able to live out of my truck. In a pinch I *could* pare my excess crap down to the BARE essentials and do so again. He11,I lived out of Seabags and rucksacks for 10 years. Good luck and the best for you.

Location hidden

#52371 Sep 12, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for your troubles. Stuff does accumulate over the years. Pre Princess I used to be able to live out of my truck. In a pinch I *could* pare my excess crap down to the BARE essentials and do so again. He11,I lived out of Seabags and rucksacks for 10 years. Good luck and the best for you.
You sound like you could be like that Jack Reacher guy.
I think about it now and then, not sure about the western Union thing though ..

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52372 Sep 12, 2013
Morning friendlies and happy Friday 13th

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52373 Sep 13, 2013
A driver is replacing a flat tire on a road near an insane asylum. He just set up the four screws in the spare wheel and is about to take the screwdriver when all of a sudden a car goes by at high speed, the motion causes the air to vibrate and as a result all the four screws get lost.

The driver can't fix the spare wheel anymore and thus is kinda upset. As a matter of fact he notices an inmate from the asylum staring at him.

"Now I'm stuck here, this is funny, huh?" the driver says to the inmate.

"Perhaps you're stuck, perhaps you're not. I may have an idea for you," says the inmate.

"Oh, and what is it?" the driver asks sarcastically

"Well, you take one screw from each other wheel, and you temporarily fix the spare wheel with them"

"But this is a brillant idea!" says the Driver. "You're not insane?"

"Indeed I'm insane" is the reply, "...but I'm not stupid!"

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52374 Sep 13, 2013
A guy finishes his 9 to 5, but, instead of going straight home, stops in at a local bar for a drink. He gets his beer, turns around to sit down, and finds himself face to face with a gorgeous blonde.

The two strike up a conversation, and really hit it off. After a couple drinks they leave the bar go back to her pad to continue where they left off. Which doesn't take long - by seven they were happily engaged in hot sex.

'Round about midnight the guy rolled over in bed and spotted the clock: "Midnight! Already? I gotta get home! Honey, you have any baby powder?"

He jumps out of bed and starts pulling his pants on, trying to find his shoes.

"Baby powder?" she asks. But she comes back from the bathroom and hands him the powder. He frantically shakes it all over his hands, kisses her goodbye, and runs out the front door.

He gets home, and sure enough, there's his wife, waiting in the doorway.

"Okay," she mutters, "let's have it."

"Well," he says sheepishly, looking down at his feet. "Okay. I went to a bar after work and met a gorgeous blonde and we really hit it off. We had a few drinks and went back to her place, and well, see..."

"Oh yeah?" she says, "let me see your hands..."

She takes one look and says: "Don't you lie to me! You've been bowling again!"

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52375 Sep 13, 2013
An older Jewish gentleman marries a younger lady and they are very much in love. However, no matter what the husband does sexually, the woman never achieves orgasm.

Since a Jewish wife is entitled to sexual pleasure, they decide to ask the rabbi. The rabbi listens to their story, strokes his beard, and makes the following suggestion. "Hire a strapping young man. While the two of you are making love, have the young man wave a towel over you. That will help the wife fantasize and should bring on an orgasm."

They go home and follow the rabbi's advice. They hire a handsome young man and he waves a towel over them as they make love. But it doesn't help and she is still unsatisfied.

Perplexed, they go back to the rabbi."Okay", says the rabbi, "let's try it reversed. Have the young man make love to your wife and you wave the towel over them."

Once again, they follow the rabbi's advice. The young man gets into bed with the wife and the husband waves the towel. The young man gets to work with great enthusiasm and the wife soon has an enormous, room-shaking, screaming orgasm.

The husband smiles, looks at the young man and says to him triumphantly, "Now, my friend, THAT'S how you wave a towel!"

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#52376 Sep 13, 2013
Good stuff Ruby LOL
Morning everyone.

Location hidden

#52377 Sep 13, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanx for that report Ricky. back when I lived there, there were jap lumber ships (really!) that would stand offshore and take delivery of raw wood from us and Canada. It was suspected that the infestation came from these ships. Not having been cleaned properly before leaving the far east. What they would do was cut and trim the lumber, never dry it, band it up and then ship it back to us in the states. Very cheap and NFG too. Break the band and the 2X4's turned into skis.
all to save a few bucks mr. corporate man. The expense of having to buy more put a slow down on that trick.
It's amazing all the insects, illness, etc that have been accidentally transferred from hundreds of miles across sea by ships for hundreds of years!

Location hidden

#52378 Sep 13, 2013
Top 10 Best Remarks by Golf Caddies...

#10 - Golfer: "Think I'm going to drown myself in the lake."
Caddy: "Think you can keep your head down that long?"

#9 - Golfer: "I'd move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course."
Caddy: "Try heaven, you've already moved most of the earth."

#8 - Golfer: "Do you think my game is improving?"
Caddy: "Yes sir, you miss the ball much closer now."

#7 - Golfer: "Do you think I can get there with a 5 iron?"
Caddy: "Eventually."

#6 - Golfer: "You've got to be the worst caddy in the world."
Caddy: "I don't think so sir. That would be too much of a coincidence."

#5 - Golfer: "Please stop checking your watch all the time. It's too much of distraction."
Caddy: "It's not a watch - it's a compass."

#4 - Golfer: "How do you like my game?"
Caddy: "Very good sir, but personally, I prefer golf."

#3 - Golfer: "Do you think it's a sin to play on Sunday?
Caddy: "The way you play, sir, it's a sin on any day."

#2 - Golfer: "This is the worst course I've ever played on."
Caddy: "This isn't the golf course. We left that an hour ago."

And, the #1 best caddy comment:

Golfer: "That can't be my ball, it's too old."
Caddy: "It's been a long time since we teed off, sir."

Location hidden

#52379 Sep 13, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
A driver is replacing a flat tire on a road near an insane asylum. He just set up the four screws in the spare wheel and is about to take the screwdriver when all of a sudden a car goes by at high speed, the motion causes the air to vibrate and as a result all the four screws get lost.
The driver can't fix the spare wheel anymore and thus is kinda upset. As a matter of fact he notices an inmate from the asylum staring at him.
"Now I'm stuck here, this is funny, huh?" the driver says to the inmate.
"Perhaps you're stuck, perhaps you're not. I may have an idea for you," says the inmate.
"Oh, and what is it?" the driver asks sarcastically
"Well, you take one screw from each other wheel, and you temporarily fix the spare wheel with them"
"But this is a brillant idea!" says the Driver. "You're not insane?"
"Indeed I'm insane" is the reply, "...but I'm not stupid!"
lol

Morning Ruby!

And good morning everyone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 11 min Chilli J 41,856
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Robert F 989,736
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr wherearethegods 690,403
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 3 hr Doctor REALITY 16
Would the world have been better off...without ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 11
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,595
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 11 hr Big Al 565
More from around the web