ye olde village pub

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#52049 Jul 22, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Shove, are people saying things like 'it's dry heat'?
Our index is around 100, with the rain, really sucks.
Nah...we don't get dry heat in these parts. Usually feels like I'm wearing a damp saddle blanket.

:(

We had some rain recently, but it wasn't really enough to get excited about.

It's mostly just hot.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#52050 Jul 22, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ruby, it only smells bad if you let it build up. I keep my amazon next to me on the boat. Clean her playpen up maybe twice a day to keep it fresh. she tends to drop stuff and forage later.
7698, hmmm, bet it rains again. we've only had one day without it!
Never could understand the fascination with keeping a bird. They're supposed to fly - that's sorta the point of birds, eh?

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#52052 Jul 22, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Never could understand the fascination with keeping a bird. They're supposed to fly - that's sorta the point of birds, eh?
Like most pets they're entertaining, unlike most they can talk and do have a pretty good vocabulary. about as smart as a 3 year old human.
Mine can fly, she prefers not to however.
Unlike all other pets, birds do not get sea sick.
As to the horse blanket, I do hope it wasn't wet from the horse when you were wearing it.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#52053 Jul 22, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Like most pets they're entertaining, unlike most they can talk and do have a pretty good vocabulary. about as smart as a 3 year old human.
Mine can fly, she prefers not to however.
Unlike all other pets, birds do not get sea sick.
As to the horse blanket, I do hope it wasn't wet from the horse when you were wearing it.
No seasickness for birdies...I learn something new every day!!

Thanks, Ed.

:)

Location hidden

#52054 Jul 22, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>No seasickness for birdies...I learn something new every day!!
Thanks, Ed.
Not a problem. Could you imagine what it would be like for a bird to get sick whilst perched on a branch during any kind of wind?
Air sickness is not acceptable for those who fly!

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#52055 Jul 22, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ruby, it only smells bad if you let it build up. I keep my amazon next to me on the boat. Clean her playpen up maybe twice a day to keep it fresh. she tends to drop stuff and forage later.
7698, hmmm, bet it rains again. we've only had one day without it!
Even if it's like fresh it stinks a whole lot. By fresh I mean fresh from his backside. Could be the type of food we feed, because many times he'd literally crap all over the floor and the cover we put over their cages at night, it's a little runny and he'd literally aim to poop outside the cage. This is only in the mornings. And it smells absolutely nasty

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52056 Jul 22, 2013
It's just the African Grey whose poop is runny and smelly in the mornings. The Ringneck's poop is normal and doesn't smell as bad

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52057 Jul 23, 2013
*Congrats to William and Kate with the birth of their son*

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#52058 Jul 23, 2013
Good morning everyone.

I have a favor to ask.
Could you please got to this link and vote for my friends Haiku.
If she wins, they'll send it to Mars.

http://lasp.colorado.edu/maven/goingtomars/se...

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52059 Jul 23, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Good morning everyone.
I have a favor to ask.
Done :)

Location hidden

#52060 Jul 23, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if it's like fresh it stinks a whole lot. By fresh I mean fresh from his backside. Could be the type of food we feed, because many times he'd literally crap all over the floor and the cover we put over their cages at night, it's a little runny and he'd literally aim to poop outside the cage. This is only in the mornings. And it smells absolutely nasty
Sounds to me like he's getting to much soft food. Like the doc's say,
more whole grains. Try some chicken bones too. Cooked of course.

Location hidden

#52061 Jul 23, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Good morning everyone.
I have a favor to ask.
Okay, all done. Still not sure about the thinking part though ...

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52062 Jul 23, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like he's getting to much soft food. Like the doc's say,
more whole grains. Try some chicken bones too. Cooked of course.
They're on a pellet diet. And they both get the occasional piece of apple or pear, sometimes banana, orange, whichever fruits we have in the house that's safe to feed to them. But not daily. Their main diet consists of specially formulated "pellets". And they get a bit sunflower seeds every Saturday as a treat. Maybe he's just a messy pooper? Lol. Can't find any information on the brand of food we feed them, but it's by "Wildon" - Google throws out Wilson, not Wildon so I don't know. But the pet shop we buy their food from feeds all their parrots (Macaws, African Greys and Cockatoos) the same thing and they seem happy on it. Can't be too bad then I suppose?

Location hidden

#52063 Jul 23, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
They're on a pellet diet. And they both get the occasional piece of apple or pear, sometimes banana, orange, whichever fruits we have in the house that's safe to feed to them. But not daily. Their main diet consists of specially formulated "pellets". And they get a bit sunflower seeds every Saturday as a treat. Maybe he's just a messy pooper? Lol. Can't find any information on the brand of food we feed them, but it's by "Wildon" - Google throws out Wilson, not Wildon so I don't know. But the pet shop we buy their food from feeds all their parrots (Macaws, African Greys and Cockatoos) the same thing and they seem happy on it. Can't be too bad then I suppose?
Some birds do well and others do not. If you can find them, Lefevrers
nutri-berries are a real good deal. I mix them with sunseeds and of course she gets most everything we eat. You should see her with a rib bone!! We share a banana often in the morning when I really don't feel like making breakfast. Try a granola in the seed for flavour, I like blueberry and cranberry. give it a nice bite.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#52064 Jul 23, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, all done. Still not sure about the thinking part though ...
LOL!!!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#52065 Jul 24, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>How's the FC&DOA thread? Heating up, now that we're only two months shy of lift off??
Good morning, Shove ... Clay is not very interested in his upcoming role in Season 6 .. I just posted a link on the DOA ... posted the other day S6 E24 but we know there are only 13 episodes so IDK why KSutter posted E24 ... could've been a typo ... we all make 'em ... 2 months, baby, and I'm ready for som Jax'ism ... Hope you and yours have been well ... Have an awesome day! Hearts ~ FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#52066 Jul 24, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!!
Morning' >mwah<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#52067 Jul 24, 2013
Good morning and hello everyone! >smiles and waves<

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52069 Jul 24, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Some birds do well and others do not. If you can find them, Lefevrers
nutri-berries are a real good deal. I mix them with sunseeds and of course she gets most everything we eat. You should see her with a rib bone!! We share a banana often in the morning when I really don't feel like making breakfast. Try a granola in the seed for flavour, I like blueberry and cranberry. give it a nice bite.
Lol thanks for the tips re food. We give the Grey a chicken bone from time to time, but the Ringneck is scared of it.(Probably thinking, "Hey, I'm not a cannibal! Can't eat a fellow bird!")

But they absolutely love banana. Whenever they see one of us with a banana in our hand, they start dancing for a bite

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#52070 Jul 24, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
Good morning and hello everyone! >smiles and waves<
Waves back. Hiya, hope you're well *hug*

Oh, and apologies everybody, I seem to have lost my manners.(Along with my marbles it would seem...) Forgot to say good morning/good day to you all, just jumped right in and started typing away. So herewith a belated hello *blushes*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min NoStress4me 30,473
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 43,943
Play "end of the word" part 2 5 min Aussie Kev 1,484
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Holy Commandment ... 617,996
no strings sex in margate (Nov '10) 16 min Alesander 59
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 45 min The Hangman 968,925
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lil whispers 3,563
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Rosesz 638,120
More from around the web