“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#51919 Jun 29, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning, Ed ... you're making me think ... it's 1023 ... too early to think, lol ... IDK what time it was when I posted ... sometimes I sleep til 1030 ... sometimes til 0800 like this morning ... No, I do not work ... haven't since 1/3 2005 ... 8 years ago, no worky worky ... and haven't thought about it since ... I'm not a morning person either ... I stay up late to watch my baseball games and even then I may fall asleep before they're over, lol ... I had to google to see who won the Rangers/Yankees game last night 2-0 Rangers, YES! Derek Holland on the mound for the win, yippee ... Yankees been plagued with injuries ... Hate to see Jeter on the DL ... A-Rod with the steroid stigma following him around ... IDK he looks like he's guilty ... anyway, TGIF ... have a nice day! FC <3 ...
I'm glad to anybody beat the Yankees. The Red Sox, The Orioles, even the jays.
I happen to be a Rays fan you see. How 'bout that Longoria? Best 3rd. baseman or what?

Location hidden

#51920 Jun 29, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with the Co2 pellet pistols is they lose a bit more with each successive shot,and they leak out over time. Daisy makes a .22 cal pellet rifle in the Powerline series. You can pump it up to the powerlevel you want/need. I've used one to hunt squirrels before. Pretty accurate. Beats a dinky .17 all to pieces.
goes without saying, anything with a limited capacity(gas cartridge) will lose out over time. Know what you mean about the .17.
Then again the tiny wittle .17 Bee is another story ....

6544- missed it by that much.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#51921 Jun 29, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
goes without saying, anything with a limited capacity(gas cartridge) will lose out over time. Know what you mean about the .17.
Then again the tiny wittle .17 Bee is another story ....
6544- missed it by that much.
Still prefer steel-jacket .22 rounds to anything else. My rifle is the bees knees....and given amenable wind variance, I can shoot a bee in the knee with that thing.

:)

Location hidden

#51922 Jun 30, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Still prefer steel-jacket .22 rounds to anything else. My rifle is the bees knees....and given amenable wind variance, I can shoot a bee in the knee with that thing.
Steel jacketed .22's? Not in my neo if you please.
But .... during my experimental years (!!?)
I did concieve of a SS rod inside a .38 special.[+P load]
pretty neat it was. NOW the Army guys use them in their tanks, great for piercing armour..
38 sp.=.357, SS rod .125. I thought about Tungsten but the heli-arc rod is quite small.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#51923 Jun 30, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Steel jacketed .22's? Not in my neo if you please.
But .... during my experimental years (!!?)
I did concieve of a SS rod inside a .38 special.[+P load]
pretty neat it was. NOW the Army guys use them in their tanks, great for piercing armour..
38 sp.=.357, SS rod .125. I thought about Tungsten but the heli-arc rod is quite small.
The tank rounds are made of depleted uranium. Harder than steel and are hyper-velocity,close to 4,000 fps. Upon impact it creates a chemical reaction of sorts with the armor plate and literally burns a hole thru the armor. Depleted uranium is a great penetrator. It is also used as the core for the 20mm and 30mm rounds for the GAU cannon on the A-10 Warthog and helicopter gunships.

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#51924 Jun 30, 2013
Morning friendlies :-)

Had a great weekend. My friend phoned me up early Friday evening and invited me over, I spent the night and we had breakfast as a restaurant, and rented a couple of DVDs. I left just after 17:00 on Saturday afternoon. Yesterday was my sister's birthday, so we had the family over, and made a "potjie" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potjiekos )

Had a good night's rest but I'm still tired, lol.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and wishing all a good start to the week (*hug*)

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#51925 Jul 1, 2013
Morning everyone.

I'm with ya Ruby, I need a weekend to make up for my weekend.

Busy week ahead.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#51926 Jul 1, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning everyone.
Busy week ahead.
It's like going on vacation and needed a vacation when you get back! lol

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#51927 Jul 1, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Still prefer steel-jacket .22 rounds to anything else. My rifle is the bees knees....and given amenable wind variance, I can shoot a bee in the knee with that thing.
My dad just sold his gun loading table over the weekend and I helped him load it, damn that thing's heavy! It's sad to see someone sell stuff they love to do, but he hasn't used it in years anyway.

Location hidden

#51928 Jul 1, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>The tank rounds are made of depleted uranium. Harder than steel and are hyper-velocity,close to 4,000 fps. Upon impact it creates a chemical reaction of sorts with the armor plate and literally burns a hole thru the armor. Depleted uranium is a great penetrator. It is also used as the core for the 20mm and 30mm rounds for the GAU cannon on the A-10 Warthog and helicopter gunships.
I know all that Okie. I just don't happen to have that stuff lying about in the garage, ya know.
Have you any idea how big a boat I'd need to shoot off a 30mm?

Location hidden

#51929 Jul 1, 2013
Oh, Happy Dominion Day!!!

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#51930 Jul 1, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all that Okie. I just don't happen to have that stuff lying about in the garage, ya know.
Have you any idea how big a boat I'd need to shoot off a 30mm?
What do you feel when you blow up an enemy ship with a 30mm?
Recoil.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#51931 Jul 1, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
Morning friendlies :-)
Had a great weekend. My friend phoned me up early Friday evening and invited me over, I spent the night and we had breakfast as a restaurant, and rented a couple of DVDs. I left just after 17:00 on Saturday afternoon. Yesterday was my sister's birthday, so we had the family over, and made a "potjie" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potjiekos )
Had a good night's rest but I'm still tired, lol.
Hope everyone had a great weekend, and wishing all a good start to the week (*hug*)
You sound in much improved spirits, Ruby.

Good show!!

Hope your next weekend is lovely, as well as the rest of the week.

")

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#51932 Jul 1, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>My dad just sold his gun loading table over the weekend and I helped him load it, damn that thing's heavy! It's sad to see someone sell stuff they love to do, but he hasn't used it in years anyway.
Well, I hope at least he got some good dough for it.

I agree, it's sad to see someone get rid of their enjoyments.

Perhaps he'll find something else he enjoys as much!

")

Location hidden

#51933 Jul 1, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>What do you feel when you blow up an enemy ship with a 30mm?
Recoil.
nah, the ship takes it pretty well.
speaking of which, just completed a 1/24 scale of a 32 lb.'smasher.
Test fire on the morroe. Then I'll build a carrige for it.

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#51934 Jul 1, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>You sound in much improved spirits, Ruby.
Good show!!
Hope your next weekend is lovely, as well as the rest of the week.
")
Thank you, same to you :-)

I'll be starting my new anti-depressants tonight, so here's to it working better than my old ones. I have to remember to make an appointment with my shrink again for sometime this month. And have to somehow find the tons of money to pay for previous visits, that weren't covered by the medical aid (I'm still on my parents' med aid until mine starts working, have to wait 3 months at least) So because of the med aid rejecting to pay for the previous two visits, I now have to pay double for both. And I only have half of ONE of them available. Ugh, why is money always such an issue?! Lol

With the worst day of the week done and dusted, I wish everybody a wonderful Tuesday.

2627 ... What happened to 1 - 25?

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#51935 Jul 2, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad to anybody beat the Yankees. The Red Sox, The Orioles, even the jays.
I happen to be a Rays fan you see. How 'bout that Longoria? Best 3rd. baseman or what?
Morning, Ed ... well, I can say he is hot on the bat for a 3rd baseman and can play the offense pretty good ... so I say he's a keeper but 6 years/10mil ... I'd give that to him before I'd give A-Rod a dime, LOL ... Enjoy your Rays and I'll keep rootin' and tootin' for my Astros >sigh< and my Rangers ... don't laugh ... at least they're in the same division this time, hahaha ... Have a nice day! FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#51936 Jul 2, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, same to you :-)
I'll be starting my new anti-depressants tonight, so here's to it working better than my old ones. I have to remember to make an appointment with my shrink again for sometime this month. And have to somehow find the tons of money to pay for previous visits, that weren't covered by the medical aid (I'm still on my parents' med aid until mine starts working, have to wait 3 months at least) So because of the med aid rejecting to pay for the previous two visits, I now have to pay double for both. And I only have half of ONE of them available. Ugh, why is money always such an issue?! Lol
With the worst day of the week done and dusted, I wish everybody a wonderful Tuesday.
2627 ... What happened to 1 - 25?
Hi Ruby ... hope everything works out for you ... Positive vibes being sent your way ... FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#51937 Jul 2, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning everyone.
Busy week ahead.
Morning, Rotor ... I can totally relate to that ... last week ... M/W/F (the gym)- T/TH (physical therapy)- Saturday (dinner and the musical ANNIE - Sunday (church & lunch) and then at 1500 a surprise b/day party 3 1/2 hours ... I was whooped and in bed by 6pm ... missed 60 Minutes for crying out loud, LOL ... Would've missed my 1015 appointment Monday morning had the phone not rang at 0920 to advise me of Tuesday appointment ... Jeez ... somebody stop me, LOL ... Had dinner last night with 3 of my friends ... first dinner at her new house ... it was nice ... I NEED a vacation!!!!!!! LOL ... soon, I hope ... Hope you recover from your weekend ... plan on kicking back myself ... Awesome day to you my friend! >>double mwah<<

5360 ... full boat

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#51938 Jul 2, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>It's like going on vacation and needed a vacation when you get back! lol
I know, right? Morning Ricky! >smiles<

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min karl44 795,044
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min hojo 567,961
How can I talk my wife into a 3 way with anothe... (Apr '08) 24 min myveryownjulia 159
Homosexuals are servants and human children of ... 40 min Rosa_Winkel 9
Will God show sympathy towards homosexuals on J... 44 min Rosa_Winkel 4
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 48 min Rosa_Winkel 143
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 58 min itz Tay 229
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr lightbeamrider 545
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 267,399
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Black Thunder 42 607,172
More from around the web