#51538 May 12, 2013
Good morning everyone.
Happy Mothers Day to all the moms.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#51539 May 12, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Ed. It will be - my son is off work today, and has invited me to lunch - my choice of restaurant. I think he might feel uncomfy at the Dragon Tea Room, so I'll probably go with Phat Phillies.....
")
Sounds good, the XO's cell has been singing and dancing all morning. I mean vibrating (!??!!! without me???) and ringing.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#51540 May 13, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>I got a solid B in the class.
If you do REALLY well through out the year, a final wont drag you down too much. All my other grades in the class were A's
I got a 91 on the Gearbox Design Project which was a larger % of the overall grade.
Good job Rotor!

Vincit qui se vincit

#51541 May 13, 2013
Happy belated Mother's Day to the ladies!

We took my mom 3 hours to see her mom's grave, it was the first time she'd been there since the funeral 13 years ago and it was the first time the whole family I grew up with was together for the whole day without spouses, kids or girlfriends, just my mom, dad & 3 of us brothers, my mom REALLY liked that!

It was my idea because we couldn't figure out what to do other than taking her to eat this year and she loved it, she got pumped about it and went out and bought flowers and a wind chime to hand in the tree over her grave and after a few minutes the rest of us went looking through the very old graveyard (I'm into that lol) checking out all the old 1800's graves and it's amazing how many children died in their first year! And she just walk around her parents for a good while, I think it not only provokes good memories while honoring them, but they are there in body or what's left of it and I think it does sometimes give off positive energy to some in a strange way.

Afterwards and before we brought up old family stories the whole day and ribbed each other over dumb misfortunes over the years like the time my dad's boat wheel broke off in cold water while loading his boat at the ramp, he went off the side of the ramp and it snapped off, so his buddy came up with the idea of wedging a 4" pipe down there like a tire and my dad drug his boat hip the hill to our house a few blocks away, but she had a blast. She's over 70 so I thought she needed to go while she's still in good health and can make that type of trip, it couldn't have turned out better!

We were also going to pull into McDonald's as a joke for lunch but never did, we found a Black eyed Pea restaurant along the way back.

It's amazing how a trip to a grave can bring so much joy to a family, but it's not something we normally do? But then we are a strange family lol.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#51542 May 13, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Happy belated Mother's Day to the ladies!
We took my mom 3 hours to see her mom's grave, it was the first time she'd been there since the funeral 13 years ago and it was the first time the whole family I grew up with was together for the whole day without spouses, kids or girlfriends, just my mom, dad & 3 of us brothers, my mom REALLY liked that!
It was my idea because we couldn't figure out what to do other than taking her to eat this year and she loved it, she got pumped about it and went out and bought flowers and a wind chime to hand in the tree over her grave and after a few minutes the rest of us went looking through the very old graveyard (I'm into that lol) checking out all the old 1800's graves and it's amazing how many children died in their first year! And she just walk around her parents for a good while, I think it not only provokes good memories while honoring them, but they are there in body or what's left of it and I think it does sometimes give off positive energy to some in a strange way.
Afterwards and before we brought up old family stories the whole day and ribbed each other over dumb misfortunes over the years like the time my dad's boat wheel broke off in cold water while loading his boat at the ramp, he went off the side of the ramp and it snapped off, so his buddy came up with the idea of wedging a 4" pipe down there like a tire and my dad drug his boat hip the hill to our house a few blocks away, but she had a blast. She's over 70 so I thought she needed to go while she's still in good health and can make that type of trip, it couldn't have turned out better!
We were also going to pull into McDonald's as a joke for lunch but never did, we found a Black eyed Pea restaurant along the way back.
It's amazing how a trip to a grave can bring so much joy to a family, but it's not something we normally do? But then we are a strange family lol.
The 'strange' is often very beautiful, Ricky, and this seems no exception. What a lovely gift to your mother, who will remember it the rest of her life.

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#51543 May 13, 2013
Good morning all. Hope you all have a good Monday.

Ricky--what a nice little story.

Waves at everyone..... Gotta get this show on the road. Way a lot to do today.....

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#51544 May 13, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Good morning all. Hope you all have a good Monday.
Ricky--what a nice little story.
Waves at everyone..... Gotta get this show on the road. Way a lot to do today.....
Good morning, everyone!

Yes, what Princess said! Got to get moving, too!

Enjoy your day! >>smiles and waves<< FC <3 ...

Vincit qui se vincit

#51545 May 13, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>The 'strange' is often very beautiful, Ricky, and this seems no exception. What a lovely gift to your mother, who will remember it the rest of her life.
Thanks Shovel and Hites, yes she will and she won't ever regret not getting back down there, nor will I for not getting her down there, but Mother's Day turned into family day.

Back in the old days there were LOTS more family days than today, today everyone has so much going on it makes days like this more special in that sometimes it's the only way to get a family together, sort of like going to a funeral and seeing old friends, it's a shame it comes to that to get people together sometimes!

Vincit qui se vincit

#51546 May 13, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, everyone!
Yes, what Princess said! Got to get moving, too!
Enjoy your day! >>smiles and waves<< FC <3 ...
I thought you were shoeing away some insect? lol

7036...fold

Location hidden

#51547 May 13, 2013
More from stupid crook news.... an armed robbery suspect who attempted to evade police by jumping into a local canal was captuerd quickly by a local resident. The eight foot alligator clamped down on the suspects head and then during the struggle held him by the left arm for police.
No word about a reward for the gator, but rumor has it he will not become wallets and shoes.
The suspect was treated in an area hospital and released to police custody.

7722, bet he's from out of state!

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#51548 May 13, 2013
Last History paper turned in.

Book Review- Spring Moon, by Bette Bao Lord.

Must read 4 stars ****

Covers China from the perspective of a Chinese woman of the Chang family (feudal lords)from 1895 to the rise of Communism.
Totally engaging story. I read all 455 pages in 20 hours. Fascinating look at the roles of woman, and how they changed during this very tumultuous period. It absolutely changed my perspective on the Chinese.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#51549 May 13, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Last History paper turned in.
Book Review- Spring Moon, by Bette Bao Lord.
Must read 4 stars ****
Covers China from the perspective of a Chinese woman of the Chang family (feudal lords)from 1895 to the rise of Communism.
Totally engaging story. I read all 455 pages in 20 hours. Fascinating look at the roles of woman, and how they changed during this very tumultuous period. It absolutely changed my perspective on the Chinese.
Yes, I agree - it was a monumentally interesting read. I suppose if I added up all the minutes during which I was able to read it (I was using it to pass the time on my bus commute to and from work for a week or so, among other things) it would be roughly 20 hours...but congratulations on whipping through it in that length of time!

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#51550 May 13, 2013
Morning friendlies!

Wishing everyone a great day

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#51551 May 14, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were shoeing away some insect? lol
7036...fold
Morning, Ricky! Shoo one away and here comes another, LOL ... Murphy's Law, gotta love it, LOL ... Have a stellar day! Luvya, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#51552 May 14, 2013
Good morning everyone ... hope all had a great weekend ... Happy Tuesday ... Wishing all a great day! Love, FC <3 ...

Location hidden

#51553 May 14, 2013
5 seatrout, 1 sheeps head and a puffer.
good enough to call it a goood day.
Hope all your's was just as good.

8020, bet shots for the bar.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#51554 May 14, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
5 seatrout, 1 sheeps head and a puffer.
good enough to call it a goood day.
Hope all your's was just as good.
8020, bet shots for the bar.
Not bad. I'm going early tomorrow morning. Hoping the Blue Gill are hungry. About 12/14 keepers(around hand size)would make for a nice mess.

Location hidden

#51555 May 14, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Not bad. I'm going early tomorrow morning. Hoping the Blue Gill are hungry. About 12/14 keepers(around hand size)would make for a nice mess.
always good to be on [or near] the waater. I think they call them brim down here. From what I recall, they're tasty.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#51556 May 14, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
always good to be on [or near] the waater. I think they call them brim down here. From what I recall, they're tasty.
There are several sub-species that fall minto that (Sunfish) group. Collectively called Blue Gill due to the distinctive dark blie coloration of the gill flap/covering. Other names are Shellcracker,Bream,and(incorre ctly)Perch..... They are quite tasty. Next to Crappie on the fish hit list. But,due to their small relatively small size it takes a lot to make a good mess. Well worth the effort and fun to catch.

Beats Cicadas all to h3ll.....

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#51557 May 14, 2013
Morning all you lovely people!

HAPPY HUMP DAY!

8986 - Bet it's going to be a good day :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Paul Porter1 818,094
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Porkpie Hat 270,190
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 579,298
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min WasteWater 2,024
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min trifecta1 609,921
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min theswamiji 5,931
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 48 min WelbyMD 128
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr uknaked 98,013
More from around the web