Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Morning everyone, rainy day. Probably a good thing I'll be working. You all have a great day.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Would you spring for a mug o' mead?
I can't stand beer...
")
Aye, mead it is my dear.. or perhaps a wet of mulled wine?

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Aye, mead it is my dear.. or perhaps a wet of mulled wine?
Glorious. Thank you, kind sir. May I reciprocate?

")

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Glorious. Thank you, kind sir. May I reciprocate?
")
tis a bit early, but I'll save the Pusser's for later. I do thank you.

and happy day to all you mothers out there.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
tis a bit early, but I'll save the Pusser's for later. I do thank you.
and happy day to all you mothers out there.
Thanks, Ed. It will be - my son is off work today, and has invited me to lunch - my choice of restaurant. I think he might feel uncomfy at the Dragon Tea Room, so I'll probably go with Phat Phillies.....

")

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Good morning everyone.
Happy Mothers Day to all the moms.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Ed. It will be - my son is off work today, and has invited me to lunch - my choice of restaurant. I think he might feel uncomfy at the Dragon Tea Room, so I'll probably go with Phat Phillies.....
")
Sounds good, the XO's cell has been singing and dancing all morning. I mean vibrating (!??!!! without me???) and ringing.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>I got a solid B in the class.
If you do REALLY well through out the year, a final wont drag you down too much. All my other grades in the class were A's
I got a 91 on the Gearbox Design Project which was a larger % of the overall grade.
Good job Rotor!

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Happy belated Mother's Day to the ladies!

We took my mom 3 hours to see her mom's grave, it was the first time she'd been there since the funeral 13 years ago and it was the first time the whole family I grew up with was together for the whole day without spouses, kids or girlfriends, just my mom, dad & 3 of us brothers, my mom REALLY liked that!

It was my idea because we couldn't figure out what to do other than taking her to eat this year and she loved it, she got pumped about it and went out and bought flowers and a wind chime to hand in the tree over her grave and after a few minutes the rest of us went looking through the very old graveyard (I'm into that lol) checking out all the old 1800's graves and it's amazing how many children died in their first year! And she just walk around her parents for a good while, I think it not only provokes good memories while honoring them, but they are there in body or what's left of it and I think it does sometimes give off positive energy to some in a strange way.

Afterwards and before we brought up old family stories the whole day and ribbed each other over dumb misfortunes over the years like the time my dad's boat wheel broke off in cold water while loading his boat at the ramp, he went off the side of the ramp and it snapped off, so his buddy came up with the idea of wedging a 4" pipe down there like a tire and my dad drug his boat hip the hill to our house a few blocks away, but she had a blast. She's over 70 so I thought she needed to go while she's still in good health and can make that type of trip, it couldn't have turned out better!

We were also going to pull into McDonald's as a joke for lunch but never did, we found a Black eyed Pea restaurant along the way back.

It's amazing how a trip to a grave can bring so much joy to a family, but it's not something we normally do? But then we are a strange family lol.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Ricky F wrote:
Happy belated Mother's Day to the ladies!
We took my mom 3 hours to see her mom's grave, it was the first time she'd been there since the funeral 13 years ago and it was the first time the whole family I grew up with was together for the whole day without spouses, kids or girlfriends, just my mom, dad & 3 of us brothers, my mom REALLY liked that!
It was my idea because we couldn't figure out what to do other than taking her to eat this year and she loved it, she got pumped about it and went out and bought flowers and a wind chime to hand in the tree over her grave and after a few minutes the rest of us went looking through the very old graveyard (I'm into that lol) checking out all the old 1800's graves and it's amazing how many children died in their first year! And she just walk around her parents for a good while, I think it not only provokes good memories while honoring them, but they are there in body or what's left of it and I think it does sometimes give off positive energy to some in a strange way.
Afterwards and before we brought up old family stories the whole day and ribbed each other over dumb misfortunes over the years like the time my dad's boat wheel broke off in cold water while loading his boat at the ramp, he went off the side of the ramp and it snapped off, so his buddy came up with the idea of wedging a 4" pipe down there like a tire and my dad drug his boat hip the hill to our house a few blocks away, but she had a blast. She's over 70 so I thought she needed to go while she's still in good health and can make that type of trip, it couldn't have turned out better!
We were also going to pull into McDonald's as a joke for lunch but never did, we found a Black eyed Pea restaurant along the way back.
It's amazing how a trip to a grave can bring so much joy to a family, but it's not something we normally do? But then we are a strange family lol.
The 'strange' is often very beautiful, Ricky, and this seems no exception. What a lovely gift to your mother, who will remember it the rest of her life.

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Good morning all. Hope you all have a good Monday.

Ricky--what a nice little story.

Waves at everyone..... Gotta get this show on the road. Way a lot to do today.....

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Good morning all. Hope you all have a good Monday.
Ricky--what a nice little story.
Waves at everyone..... Gotta get this show on the road. Way a lot to do today.....
Good morning, everyone!

Yes, what Princess said! Got to get moving, too!

Enjoy your day! >>smiles and waves<< FC <3 ...

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>The 'strange' is often very beautiful, Ricky, and this seems no exception. What a lovely gift to your mother, who will remember it the rest of her life.
Thanks Shovel and Hites, yes she will and she won't ever regret not getting back down there, nor will I for not getting her down there, but Mother's Day turned into family day.

Back in the old days there were LOTS more family days than today, today everyone has so much going on it makes days like this more special in that sometimes it's the only way to get a family together, sort of like going to a funeral and seeing old friends, it's a shame it comes to that to get people together sometimes!

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, everyone!
Yes, what Princess said! Got to get moving, too!
Enjoy your day! >>smiles and waves<< FC <3 ...
I thought you were shoeing away some insect? lol

7036...fold

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

More from stupid crook news.... an armed robbery suspect who attempted to evade police by jumping into a local canal was captuerd quickly by a local resident. The eight foot alligator clamped down on the suspects head and then during the struggle held him by the left arm for police.
No word about a reward for the gator, but rumor has it he will not become wallets and shoes.
The suspect was treated in an area hospital and released to police custody.

7722, bet he's from out of state!

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Last History paper turned in.

Book Review- Spring Moon, by Bette Bao Lord.

Must read 4 stars ****

Covers China from the perspective of a Chinese woman of the Chang family (feudal lords)from 1895 to the rise of Communism.
Totally engaging story. I read all 455 pages in 20 hours. Fascinating look at the roles of woman, and how they changed during this very tumultuous period. It absolutely changed my perspective on the Chinese.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Rotor Head wrote:
Last History paper turned in.
Book Review- Spring Moon, by Bette Bao Lord.
Must read 4 stars ****
Covers China from the perspective of a Chinese woman of the Chang family (feudal lords)from 1895 to the rise of Communism.
Totally engaging story. I read all 455 pages in 20 hours. Fascinating look at the roles of woman, and how they changed during this very tumultuous period. It absolutely changed my perspective on the Chinese.
Yes, I agree - it was a monumentally interesting read. I suppose if I added up all the minutes during which I was able to read it (I was using it to pass the time on my bus commute to and from work for a week or so, among other things) it would be roughly 20 hours...but congratulations on whipping through it in that length of time!

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Morning friendlies!

Wishing everyone a great day

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were shoeing away some insect? lol
7036...fold
Morning, Ricky! Shoo one away and here comes another, LOL ... Murphy's Law, gotta love it, LOL ... Have a stellar day! Luvya, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Good morning everyone ... hope all had a great weekend ... Happy Tuesday ... Wishing all a great day! Love, FC <3 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

521 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 720,282
SIGN of the end-times: the spread of homosexuality 5 min PDX Dave 27
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 min Vinod S 4,551
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Liam 532,456
I Say A Little Prayer 9 min Jenji 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min USA-1 114,981
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Dave Nelson 224,038
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Clearwater 172,271
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 16 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••