ye olde village pub

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#51484 May 6, 2013
Good luck RH, not that you'll need it.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#51485 May 6, 2013
Thanks guys.
I'm trying to not stress over it, but that's kinda hard. It is important, and you're never sure if you've prepped for all the right stuff.
Forgetting something as simple as the difference between multiplication of gear train values and addition of same can be a 15 point hit.
It is what it is, and I'll do my best.

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#51486 May 6, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>I had my gallbladder removed last year, and yeah it's that bad again. Apparently your liver can produce them all by it's lonesome. It's rare, but can happen. I thought they just formed in the gallbladder. Wrong.
And yes guys I feel better now but I skipped a Design test because of it. Make up on Monday so that's no biggie.
Really? I had no idea you could make gallstones if you had no gallbadder. Must be really rare--just like you......

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#51487 May 6, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning everyone.
Finals week....
good luck...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#51488 May 6, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
<quoted text>Really? I had no idea you could make gallstones if you had no gallbadder. Must be really rare--just like you......
Having another..........OMG this hurts so much.

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#51489 May 7, 2013
What a frustrating start to my week <insert grumpy face>

EVERYBODY else in the office was connected and able to work. Everyone that is, except me. 5-6 phonecalls and lots of cussing later, I'm finally connected again! Everything done over the phone, so WHY is it always such a schlep to get my pc working again? I'm good at following directions. Sometimes, lol.

Anyway, I'm just super relieved that I can actually work again! Yeeeeehaaaaa!

Have a great day everybody. Going to be quite busy for a while, catching up on all the work. But someone's gotta do it, right? xxx

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#51490 May 7, 2013
Good luck on the finals, Rotor!

And hope you make a speedy recovery from your excrutiating pain due to gall stones. Hugs

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#51491 May 7, 2013
Stupid gut kept me up till 4am. Great way to prep for finals.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#51492 May 7, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Stupid gut kept me up till 4am. Great way to prep for finals.
I know it's unrelated, but that made me think of the show "My Strange Addiction", I can't watch much of that show and I'm still in shock over seeing a smal postion of the episode where two people give themselves coffee enemas each day and it's not pretty. The same episode had a women who liked licking her cat hair and would groom the cat? She actually liked eating cat hair and told her sister it moved right through?!?

Real or made up, I don't want seeing that on TV, I had to bleach my eyes out! lol

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#51493 May 7, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
What a frustrating start to my week <insert grumpy face>
EVERYBODY else in the office was connected and able to work. Everyone that is, except me. 5-6 phonecalls and lots of cussing later, I'm finally connected again! Everything done over the phone, so WHY is it always such a schlep to get my pc working again? I'm good at following directions. Sometimes, lol.
Anyway, I'm just super relieved that I can actually work again! Yeeeeehaaaaa!
Have a great day everybody. Going to be quite busy for a while, catching up on all the work. But someone's gotta do it, right? xxx
We kept having the internet go down at work the last several days and it's a whipping when you have 6 screens open and doing a lot of work! lol

I know what you mean!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#51494 May 7, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Having another..........OMG this hurts so much.
If it makes you feel any better I apparently sat on a thorn of some sort while mowing on the riding mower on Saturday and never knew it until I sat on my bed about to go to sleep and OUCH! Then ever since then I'll be fine and then I'll hit the right spot and it still feels like a needle getting jabbed into my left cheek, I'm embarrassed to have it looked at but my girlfriend can handle it I suppose! lol

I used a mirror and can't see nor feel anything? I think it's pretty small, maybe a cactus needle?

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#51495 May 7, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I know it's unrelated, but that made me think of the show "My Strange Addiction", I can't watch much of that show and I'm still in shock over seeing a smal postion of the episode where two people give themselves coffee enemas each day and it's not pretty. The same episode had a women who liked licking her cat hair and would groom the cat? She actually liked eating cat hair and told her sister it moved right through?!?
Real or made up, I don't want seeing that on TV, I had to bleach my eyes out! lol
Thank you for the great visual first thing in the morning. you know I have a good imagination, right?
I wonder if sticking a drill bit in my ear will make those images go away?

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#51496 May 7, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>If it makes you feel any better I apparently sat on a thorn of some sort while mowing on the riding mower on Saturday and never knew it until I sat on my bed about to go to sleep and OUCH! Then ever since then I'll be fine and then I'll hit the right spot and it still feels like a needle getting jabbed into my left cheek, I'm embarrassed to have it looked at but my girlfriend can handle it I suppose! lol
I used a mirror and can't see nor feel anything? I think it's pretty small, maybe a cactus needle?
sometimes the smallest sliver hurts the most like it's juuuuusssssttt touching a nerve end.
Loads of fun no matter where it is.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#51497 May 7, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>If it makes you feel any better I apparently sat on a thorn of some sort while mowing on the riding mower on Saturday and never knew it until I sat on my bed about to go to sleep and OUCH! Then ever since then I'll be fine and then I'll hit the right spot and it still feels like a needle getting jabbed into my left cheek, I'm embarrassed to have it looked at but my girlfriend can handle it I suppose! lol
I used a mirror and can't see nor feel anything? I think it's pretty small, maybe a cactus needle?
Seems to be a day for pain. Even the horror-scopes are bad today.

Maybe we should all just go back to bed and wait for tomorrow...

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#51498 May 7, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Having another..........OMG this hurts so much.
Can't they do something for it????

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#51499 May 7, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
Good morning, all. Glad you're feeling a bit better, Rotor. Hope you have a great day, Ricky.
And thanks, fellas.
He's not doing very well, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to let him 'go to sleep'. He's hurting a lot, and the pain pills are making him sick.
Totally sad, and need to go pet him.
Take care.
Good morning, Shove ... I had to do the unthinkable on 4/25/13 ... Got Pooh's ashes last Friday ... It gave me the semblance of some sort of "closure". It still hurts nonetheless ... That pup was my best friend for 13 years ... Doesn't make it any easier but he gave me some really good years ... We called him the "Bully" major Alpha dog but the best guard dog ever ... Now, I tell stories about him that make people laugh and with that, it makes the days easier ... Good luck with whatever decision you have to make and I support that decision whole heartedly ... Godspeed, Shove! Love, FC <3 ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#51500 May 7, 2013
Rotor, feel better! Healing vibes sent your way! >mwah<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#51501 May 7, 2013
A beautiful day in South Central Texas, the North Shore of Lake Travis (yep, the one with no water in it) Praying for rain to fill it up ... albeit it'll take a deluge to fill it up ... >FC does the rain dance, again<

Wishing all friendlies here a beautiful day! FC <3 ...

72°F
Clear
Feels like: 72°
High 82°Low 58°

3403 ... a full boat guarantees it ... Carry on! LOL

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#51502 May 7, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Shove ... I had to do the unthinkable on 4/25/13 ... Got Pooh's ashes last Friday ... It gave me the semblance of some sort of "closure". It still hurts nonetheless ... That pup was my best friend for 13 years ... Doesn't make it any easier but he gave me some really good years ... We called him the "Bully" major Alpha dog but the best guard dog ever ... Now, I tell stories about him that make people laugh and with that, it makes the days easier ... Good luck with whatever decision you have to make and I support that decision whole heartedly ... Godspeed, Shove! Love, FC <3 ...
Good Afternoon, dear one. Was very sorry to hear of your loss. Thirteen years is a good number...my Siamese stray, Shao Khan was with us for that long, and never had I had a better friend. It hurts so to lose them.

I let Lukie go about 2 hours ago, with lots of tears and smiles...he's not hurting anymore... at least I know that much.

On a lighter note, my daughters in law all did something nice for Mama K today! I got flowers, taken out to breakfast, and some beautifully framed pics of the g-babies. So....

Life goes on, and this is SUCH a gorgeous day...

")

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#51503 May 7, 2013
Howdy everybody. Just popping in and saying hello.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Joe Fortuna 49,532
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 971,815
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Just Think 647,053
The Best VPN for Free 38 min VPNproxy 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 55 min ChristineM 445,761
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr here 281,293
Just looking 1 hr Sexually FUN 1
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 1 hr Jockfullonutz 28
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr UC Davis Rainbow 105,688
More from around the web