“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Since: Jul 08

USA

#51455 May 1, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, it's great to see ya, regardless...can I pour you a libation of some sort?
Coffee's hot....But there's ice, if you prefer.
")
Coffee is good, in fact I am wearing my snarling grizzly bear head t shirt who's initials are B.C. which stands for Before Coffee.
LOL

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Since: Jul 08

USA

#51456 May 1, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning, Shove ... don't get him started ... he already spends too much time at the "post" where libations are cheap, lol ... Happy day to ya ...
What she said.
Heading there later this morning.
LOL

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#51457 May 1, 2013
Well, today has been very confusing so far. My dachshund developed some sort of condition between 6:30 this morning and 2 hours later at 8:45 or so -at which point he came through the laundry room leading out to the back yard, with his little back legs dragging behind him, but at 6:30 am, he was apparently fine....vet says she thinks he might have hurt his back last night when he jumped off the bed. She also says this is a fact of life with dachshunds, and that we could try disk surgery, but that it's only effective on this sort of thing about 35% of the time, and costs upwards of $6K...which we don't have. So she gave him a steroid shot, and sent me home with a scrip for pain meds and anti-inflammatory pills, in the hope that it will correct itself, which she said happens in about 50% of cases. I hope he's one of the lucky ones....she said if the meds work, it's likely to take a week or so before he's back to normal, and may have recurring issues with it. Only time will tell I guess...please send positive thoughts for my little guy. Thanks in advance...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#51458 May 1, 2013
So I went to the ER last night spent the whole day in the hospital.
Seems I may have passed a liver generated gall stone.....
I thought I was done with that crap after having my gallbladder removed. Guess not.
Talk about no fun....

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#51459 May 1, 2013
Seems like everyone's having a bad day. Sorry you had to go to the hospital - hope you feel better soon...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#51460 May 1, 2013
Oh I feel better now. I felt REALLY good about 10 minutes after I walked in the ER.
20mg of Dilaudid hits the I don't care button pretty quick.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#51461 May 1, 2013
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Ed ... it's currently 68 here headed up toward the high 80's close to 90, much like the last 3 days ... the other day, get this ... it was raining, thunder-storming AND the sun was shining ... that was the day 3 workers were hit by lightning over in Bee Caves just west of Austin ... crazy, huh?... Stay safe, will you? AND enjoy your day whatever it may bring! FC <3 ...
That's tough for the guys, hope they recover. The front that brought you the bad stuff is now doing us in. Claremont had 8" so far, flooded schools and a few homes.
Then, it's 05/01/13 right? so a tropical low develops off the W coast. No storm but all the rain.
Uggghhh.
5566, hmmmm what shall I bet?

Location hidden

#51462 May 1, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Oh I feel better now. I felt REALLY good about 10 minutes after I walked in the ER.
20mg of Dilaudid hits the I don't care button pretty quick.
Happy time, happy time.....

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#51463 May 2, 2013
Good morning everyone. I'll take a gallon of water to go--diet and decaf--got some plants to take care of.....

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#51464 May 2, 2013
Luke still not able to walk, and the pain/inflammation not abated. Getting off here, and back to my dog.

Have a day, folks.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#51466 May 3, 2013
Sorry about your puppy Shove!
Another test today, also apparently another gall bladder attack, damn this hurts.!!!!!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#51467 May 3, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Another test today, also apparently another gall bladder attack, damn this hurts.!!!!!

I guess I'm back, I tried to quit but this damn Topix machine pulled me back in, help I'm trapped and I can't get out!! lol

I think my friend had his gall bladder removed with a very small incision and was back at work like the next day? Is yous that bad? I hope you get to feeling better!

Shovel sorry about your pet!

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#51469 May 3, 2013
Good morning, all. Glad you're feeling a bit better, Rotor. Hope you have a great day, Ricky.
And thanks, fellas.
He's not doing very well, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to let him 'go to sleep'. He's hurting a lot, and the pain pills are making him sick.

Totally sad, and need to go pet him.
Take care.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#51470 May 3, 2013
Well hell, I guess I didn't read closely enough - Rotor, get better soon.

:(

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#51471 May 3, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Gall bladder attacks are no fun. Hope you get straightened out soon......

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#51472 May 3, 2013
I'm sorry about the pup Shov. That's always a tough decision......

Hugs

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#51473 May 3, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
I'm sorry about the pup Shov. That's always a tough decision......
Hugs
I wish we could go that way when we get as bad off as he is, in either case it's sad.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#51474 May 3, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I'm back, I tried to quit but this damn Topix machine pulled me back in, help I'm trapped and I can't get out!! lol
I think my friend had his gall bladder removed with a very small incision and was back at work like the next day? Is yous that bad? I hope you get to feeling better!
Shovel sorry about your pet!
I had my gallbladder removed last year, and yeah it's that bad again. Apparently your liver can produce them all by it's lonesome. It's rare, but can happen. I thought they just formed in the gallbladder. Wrong.
And yes guys I feel better now but I skipped a Design test because of it. Make up on Monday so that's no biggie.

Location hidden

#51475 May 3, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
Good morning, all. Glad you're feeling a bit better, Rotor. Hope you have a great day, Ricky.
And thanks, fellas.
He's not doing very well, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to let him 'go to sleep'. He's hurting a lot, and the pain pills are making him sick.
Totally sad, and need to go pet him.
Take care.
It's always a tough decision, Shove. But you must consider the animal above all. I know, I've been there too. Doesn't make it any easier though.
My last wish is that some one cares enough about me to be as kind.

Location hidden

#51476 May 3, 2013
I often amke jokes about the sea condidtion offshore, but with the [not] tropical low it got deadly.
winds S W @ 35/ 50 kts. w/ heavy rain/ t-storms
seas 11'@ 10 sec.
Water is up over a foot in the marina. Had to get new [dry] batteries to ppump outr the fishing boat, old one having dies a slow death.
Everybody take care ... oh and Cinco d'Mayo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min Seentheotherside 39,700
So when did O.J. Simpson ACTUALLY decide to mur... 4 min Doctor REALITY 8
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min trifecta1 608,351
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 30 min I m Home 176,073
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min Rosa_Winkel 810,634
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min Osmius 269,190
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min marge 574,742
More from around the web