Comments
49,721 - 49,740 of 53,190 Comments Last updated Friday Aug 29

“Life is a delicate negotiation”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#51346 Apr 20, 2013
Where's the best place to have a gin & tonic?

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#51347 Apr 20, 2013
RINisuzuGrrl wrote:
Right here, naturally...

Can I get you a slice of lime with that?

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#51348 Apr 20, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
Combatant.
As a POW he has no U.S. judicial rights.

His rights fall under the Geneva Convention.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#51349 Apr 20, 2013
RINisuzuGrrl wrote:
Two stools to the left. There's a better view of the fish tank from there.
Welcome to YOVP.

It is a curious fact, and one to which no one knows quite how much importance to attach, that something like 85% of all known worlds in the Galaxy, be they primitive or highly advanced, have invented a drink called jynnan tonnyx, or gee-N’N-T’N-ix, or jinond-o-nicks, or any one of a thousand or more variations on the same phonetic theme. The drinks themselves are not the same, and vary between the Sivolvian “chinanto/mnigs” which is ordinary water served at slightly above room temperature, and the Gagrakackan “tzjin-anthony-ks” which kills cows at a hundred paces; and in fact the one common factor between all of them, beyond the fact that the names sound the same, is that they were all invented and named before the worlds concerned made contact with any other worlds.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#51350 Apr 20, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Combatant.
As a POW he has no U.S. judicial rights.
His rights fall under the Geneva Convention.
If you say so, bro.

Personally, I have a feeling this whole episode was a trial run, for the coming economic meltdown, and the Federal response to same.

There are just too many parallels and 'coincidences' for my comfort level to be above a 1 on a scale of 10 here.

But of course, I could just be a nut.

")

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#51351 Apr 20, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>If you say so, bro.
Personally, I have a feeling this whole episode was a trial run, for the coming economic meltdown, and the Federal response to same.
There are just too many parallels and 'coincidences' for my comfort level to be above a 1 on a scale of 10 here.
But of course, I could just be a nut.
")
No you're not... and I wonder the same type of things, especially after Newtown. There were a lot of red flags on that one.

They may very well try him as a civilian. HL seemed to think that was going to be the case. I just don't want him to get off with a jail sentence and Mass doesn't have the death penalty.
Tried in a military court he'd hang.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#51352 Apr 20, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>No you're not... and I wonder the same type of things, especially after Newtown. There were a lot of red flags on that one.
They may very well try him as a civilian. HL seemed to think that was going to be the case. I just don't want him to get off with a jail sentence and Mass doesn't have the death penalty.
If he's tried in Federal Court, and convicted, he'll fry. Too bad we can't boil them in oil anymore.

:)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#51353 Apr 20, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Two stools to the left. There's a better view of the fish tank from there.
Welcome to YOVP.
It is a curious fact, and one to which no one knows quite how much importance to attach, that something like 85% of all known worlds in the Galaxy, be they primitive or highly advanced, have invented a drink called jynnan tonnyx, or gee-N’N-T’N-ix, or jinond-o-nicks, or any one of a thousand or more variations on the same phonetic theme. The drinks themselves are not the same, and vary between the Sivolvian “chinanto/mnigs” which is ordinary water served at slightly above room temperature, and the Gagrakackan “tzjin-anthony-ks” which kills cows at a hundred paces; and in fact the one common factor between all of them, beyond the fact that the names sound the same, is that they were all invented and named before the worlds concerned made contact with any other worlds.
Just stoppin by.
Like your drink menu.
Try Dragon-speak when you have had a few and see how many other variants you can come up with.
Takes mixology to the virtual limits

(I am a wine and cider person in general but my BIL has just intoduced me to Hendricks gin and cucmber, mint and jalapeno finished with soda and lime. Mmmmm)

Nice meeeting you all.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#51354 Apr 20, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>No you're not... and I wonder the same type of things, especially after Newtown. There were a lot of red flags on that one.
Do they still literally hang people as opposed to electrocute or inject them? I can't rememeber how they executed McVeigh, teh OK City bomber.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#51355 Apr 20, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they still literally hang people as opposed to electrocute or inject them? I can't rememeber how they executed McVeigh, teh OK City bomber.
He got the needle.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#51356 Apr 20, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Just stoppin by.
Like your drink menu.
Try Dragon-speak when you have had a few and see how many other variants you can come up with.
Takes mixology to the virtual limits
(I am a wine and cider person in general but my BIL has just intoduced me to Hendricks gin and cucmber, mint and jalapeno finished with soda and lime. Mmmmm)
Nice meeeting you all.
Nice to meet you as well.
Wow I can't even wrap my taste buds around what that must taste like... might have to try one next time I'm out and about.

As far as your next question:

Until 1961, the last military execution to date, hanging was the sole and official method. Later, the military introduced the electric chair, which was never used. Currently, lethal injection is the sole method.{Wiki}

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#51357 Apr 20, 2013
I looked this up for grins:
The Federal Government authorizes 5 different methods of execution:

lethal injection
gas chamber
electric chair
hanging
firing squad.

The Federal Judge has the privilege of allowing either the convicted person or the jury to decide which method will be employed, on a case by case basis.
We learn something new every day!

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#51358 Apr 20, 2013
That info was from the Federal Death Penalty Information Center website.(I didn't even know we HAD one of those.)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#51359 Apr 20, 2013
Hmmm. Gives a new meaning to "hanging around". Appreciate your looking that up.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#51360 Apr 20, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Hmmm. Gives a new meaning to "hanging around". Appreciate your looking that up.
We aim to please.

:)

Can I get you another jynnan tonnik?

Location hidden

#51361 Apr 20, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
<quoted text>Two stools to the left. There's a better view of the fish tank from there.
Welcome to YOVP.
Thank you. Sounds magical.. now I want ALL of that :)

Location hidden

#51362 Apr 20, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Right here, naturally...
Can I get you a slice of lime with that?
Why yes, thank you :)
Lainey

Utica, NY

#51363 Apr 20, 2013
I missit.

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#51364 Apr 22, 2013
Good morning all you happy pubbers. It's too early for any sort of gin and tonic--or whatever, maybe a just pangalacticgargleblaster......

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#51365 Apr 22, 2013
Morning everyone.
What a beautiful day to be on the ocean yesterday.
Did pretty good, 15 or so Haddock and Cod.
Almost had one big enough to win some money in the pool.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Truth 539,562
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min Catcher1 734,045
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min bad bob 173,312
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min Jim Justice 118,133
wonders on temple of solution (Jun '11) 43 min please help me 46
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 258,216
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed 1 hr dobryidrug 32
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Stephania capitani 600,207
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••