|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Shove, seems like it's cold everywhere. But we'll be back toward the 80's on the morrow.Get rid of the north wind at 18 kts. too.
No chance of rain for the next ten days. Drought index in the red, last I saw there were 52 fires burning here. We can smell 'em.
Stay on the water, dear. Sounds like you'll be a lot safer than the lubbies that way....

")

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Stay on the water, dear. Sounds like you'll be a lot safer than the lubbies that way....
")
Good morning, and I will stay on the water. a few years ago there was a good sized fire over in the groves. Glowing embers were falling on the marina. I stood on the dock with a hose soaking every boat I could reach.
Looked kinda like black snow.
Is anybody else getting these pop ups from csx?
wierd,'cause I don't need a freight train for anything.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Morning Ed.
No popup for me I like poptarts....lol.
Happy Friday!

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Good morning everyone. If it's not Friday, just kill me now......

Hi Zippy--good to see you back. <hugs>

<waves at everyone>

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Happy Friday to all, and to all a good morning...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Morning Sugah.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Good morning all, going to be an interesting day, already had calls from the methadone clinic and the psych ward

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
Happy Friday to all, and to all a good morning...
Good it is Friday then. I was scared to death it was going to be Thursday again.....

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Good morning friendlies!
Hope everyone's having a fantastic weekend so far!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Hunglo wrote:
Good morning all, going to be an interesting day, already had calls from the methadone clinic and the psych ward
Sounds like a hard choice, which one first? Let's see ....
am I screwed up enough for the psych ward or do I need some drugs to help?
Or... did the drugs affect me enough to need to talk to somebody besides my self?
Or... am I already doing that?
I can't tell...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a hard choice, which one first? Let's see ....
am I screwed up enough for the psych ward or do I need some drugs to help?
Or... did the drugs affect me enough to need to talk to somebody besides my self?
Or... am I already doing that?
I can't tell...
I do IT for a behavioral health hospital, love the work but some of the clientele are interesting.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

We gona get some snow tonight HL...
They're calling for 16" up here.

So, I've found an interesting way to kill some time. Yahoo Answers, people come on there and post a question and you can answer it. Lot of math stuff which is good practice for me, and the other catagory I seem to do well at is parenting type questions. Probably because I'm a good parent I suppose. These are sometimes very personal. The asker can rate their answers and you recieve an email if yours is chosen as the most helpful. I've gotten several of those. It's nice to help folks, and especially misinformed kids who are either too ashamed to ask someone in their lives, or don't have a decent parent to ask.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Rotor Head wrote:
So, I've found an interesting way to kill some time. Yahoo Answers, people come on there and post a question and you can answer it. Lot of math stuff which is good practice for me, and the other catagory I seem to do well at is parenting type questions. Probably because I'm a good parent I suppose. These are sometimes very personal. The asker can rate their answers and you recieve an email if yours is chosen as the most helpful. I've gotten several of those. It's nice to help folks, and especially misinformed kids who are either too ashamed to ask someone in their lives, or don't have a decent parent to ask.
Good job, Rotor. I asked those folks a couple of questions concerning the new monstrosity otherwise known as 'Windows 8' last night, and discovered that (a) Windows 8 does is not compatible with Mozilla Firefox,
(b) Windows 8 does not have a built-in spell check feature,
(c) Windows 8 requires the user to go all the way into the depths of the settings menu, in order to shut down one's system,
and
(d) Windows 8 was designed for touch screens, rather than laptops.

I want my Windows 7 back.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

New is not always better.

Try this for spellcheck works pretty good and free.

http://www.iespell.com/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Rotor Head wrote:
We're not supposed to get quite that much, but we're getting the ice and slush mixed in.
I've been on yahoo answers a time or two, both asking and answering.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Good job, Rotor. I asked those folks a couple of questions concerning the new monstrosity otherwise known as 'Windows 8' last night, and discovered that (a) Windows 8 does is not compatible with Mozilla Firefox,
(c) Windows 8 requires the user to go all the way into the depths of the settings menu, in order to shut down one's system,
and
I use firefox from windows 8 without an issue, it actually works better than IE or Chrome. and try using the windows key and c, this will bring up the charmes window with the power options, including shut down.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Good job, Rotor. I asked those folks a couple of questions concerning the new monstrosity otherwise known as 'Windows 8' last night, and discovered that (a) Windows 8 does is not compatible with Mozilla Firefox,
and
Windows 8 does have a spell check, as does IE10(which I really never use). Make sure that "Autocorrect misspelled words" setting is turned on under PC Settings > General > Spelling there was an update that disabled it for some people. If it is still not working uninstall your updates and reinstall them, this should fix it.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Oh joy.......

Belknap
Winter Storm Warning:

Issued at: 2:59 PM EDT on March 18, 2013, expires at: 12:00 AM EDT on March 20, 2013

...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from midnight tonight to midnight EDT Tuesday night...

locations...central and southern New Hampshire and southwest Maine

hazard types...snow

accumulations...snow accumulation of 12 to 16 inches.

Timing...late tonight into Tuesday night.

Impacts...roads will become snow covered and slippery. Snowfall rates of an inch or more an hour possible. Some power outages are possible near the coast in heavy wet snow. The snow may change to rain for a period along the coast Tuesday afternoon...mainly south of Portland.

Winds...east 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.

Temperatures...upper 20s to lower 30s.

Visibilities...will be reduced to one quarter mile at times in heavy snow. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/weather/alerts#ixzz2NvrEP...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
I do IT for a behavioral health hospital, love the work but some of the clientele are interesting.
Sounds like a very interesting avocation. I hadn't known that you did that. good for you for helping them.

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Good afternoon all. Rotor, ya keep your head down, ya hear?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

512 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Buck Crick 224,649
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min WildWeirdWillie 172,550
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 533,583
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min sweets2360 722,186
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 27 min dirty white boy- 599,124
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 29 min ocxz 115,621
Sacramento Addiction Therapist Uses Her Educati... 42 min The Addictions Coach 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 256,978
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••