ye olde village pub

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#50333 Feb 2, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
http://img.uphaa.com/uploads/9 26/02-signs.jpg
THAT is a perfect example of guvvament work.
7227, bet people don't notice.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#50334 Feb 2, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT is a perfect example of guvvament work.
7227, bet people don't notice.
A guy in my neighborhood bought one of those last summer, we went over to read it, and laughed out loud for the rest of our walk.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#50335 Feb 3, 2013
Going to be another cold one today, with a chance of flurries this afternoon.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#50336 Feb 3, 2013
Morning HL, yeah 21 here, supposed to get even colder on Monday with a return of that wind. Brrrrrr!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#50337 Feb 3, 2013
hi

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#50338 Feb 3, 2013
Morning Khan. Welcome to YOVP.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#50339 Feb 3, 2013
Happy Sunday, Folks.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#50340 Feb 3, 2013
Morning Shove, at last for a few more minutes.

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#50341 Feb 3, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been noticed.
Can't blame a Princess for trying though.....

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#50342 Feb 3, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
http://img.uphaa.com/uploads/9 26/02-signs.jpg
LOL. Cute, the sign--not you. Well, you're cute too, but you know what I mean....

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#50343 Feb 3, 2013
Sunny 68 but quite windy. NNW 15 gust 22.
I'd hate to see the temps you guys are talking about.
21? couldn't do it...
Don't blame you at all Princess. Travel light and well balanced if you must.

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#50344 Feb 3, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
Sunny 68 but quite windy. NNW 15 gust 22.
I'd hate to see the temps you guys are talking about.
21? couldn't do it...
Don't blame you at all Princess. Travel light and well balanced if you must.
horrible horrible horrible cold. I don't like it Ed. If it wasn't for the farm, family, friends, and great job--I think I'd move.....

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#50345 Feb 3, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
"Fell pregnant" ??? Thats an interesting turn of phrase Ruby. You say that like its a bad thing, like fell ill. Providing you are ready, its not all that bad.Granted you're not there yet, but still.....
At this stage, pregnancy WOULD be a bad thing for me. I'm not sure I want kids, and feel that I'm still too young (will be 25 this year) to have kids. I enjoy my freedom and independence too much and am selfish about my own time and doing what I want, when I want..... So it'll be unfair to bring a child into this world, especially in such a manner...Besides, I can barely afford all my own expenses each month, how will I support a child?

But I don't know what the future holds, so we'll see

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#50346 Feb 3, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
At this stage, pregnancy WOULD be a bad thing for me. I'm not sure I want kids, and feel that I'm still too young (will be 25 this year) to have kids. I enjoy my freedom and independence too much and am selfish about my own time and doing what I want, when I want..... So it'll be unfair to bring a child into this world, especially in such a manner...Besides, I can barely afford all my own expenses each month, how will I support a child?
But I don't know what the future holds, so we'll see
Ruby dear,'selfish' is VERY subjective. Personally, my feeling is that if you don't want children DO NOT HAVE THEM. Take every (and I mean every) precaution to avoid becoming a mother, until you want to be.

EVERY child a wanted child.

I'm rather passionate about this.

Love,
Shove.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#50347 Feb 4, 2013
Abstinence is probably the only fool-proof way of avoiding unwanted pregnancy. But should I happen to fall pregnant before I feel ready, I won't treat the child any different. Because I feel that there's a good reason for these things to happen, and it's up to a Higher Power to decide when a new life is formed, even though we as humans feel like we're in control of our own destiny as far as having children is concerned...

Some days I feel like I really need something (someONE) to nurture and care for. Guess it happens mostly when I'm ovulating. But most days I just become severely annoyed with children around me and feel like they "bind" me somehow. I don't like that. I want to do whatever freely without having to worry about kids. That's why I said I'm quite selfish. MY time is MY TIME! But I guess that changes too once you actually have a child :-/

Either way, I'm far from ready for parenthood. Besides, I don't even have anyone special in my life right now, and don't know of anyone I'd want as the father of my child either.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#50348 Feb 4, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
Abstinence is probably the only fool-proof way of avoiding unwanted pregnancy. But should I happen to fall pregnant before I feel ready, I won't treat the child any different. Because I feel that there's a good reason for these things to happen, and it's up to a Higher Power to decide when a new life is formed, even though we as humans feel like we're in control of our own destiny as far as having children is concerned...
Some days I feel like I really need something (someONE) to nurture and care for. Guess it happens mostly when I'm ovulating. But most days I just become severely annoyed with children around me and feel like they "bind" me somehow. I don't like that. I want to do whatever freely without having to worry about kids. That's why I said I'm quite selfish. MY time is MY TIME! But I guess that changes too once you actually have a child :-/
Either way, I'm far from ready for parenthood. Besides, I don't even have anyone special in my life right now, and don't know of anyone I'd want as the father of my child either.
Everything changes once a child becomes your lookout. You will never again have a day without worry, or a worldview which is exclusively your own. Children are indeed hostages to fortune, Ruby. There is no other job on earth which is so important, so difficult, or so undervalued, as parenthood.
It's not for the faint of heart.
Ask Rotor.
Have sweet dreams.

")

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#50349 Feb 4, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Everything changes once a child becomes your lookout. You will never again have a day without worry, or a worldview which is exclusively your own. Children are indeed hostages to fortune, Ruby. There is no other job on earth which is so important, so difficult, or so undervalued, as parenthood.
Ask Rotor.
Have sweet dreams.
")
Well, I'm not ready to give up my freedom and time. So I don't think falling pregnant now would be a good thing at all. Besides, I have way too much self-hatred and don't want to be a bad example. Far from "sweet dreams" time though, it's only 14:30 here now :-P

But I guess I get what you're saying. That I should have good dreams and not ones that make me uncomfortable. Thanks, I'll try

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#50350 Feb 4, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Everything changes once a child becomes your lookout. You will never again have a day without worry, or a worldview which is exclusively your own. Children are indeed hostages to fortune, Ruby. There is no other job on earth which is so important, so difficult, or so undervalued, as parenthood.
Ask Rotor.
Have sweet dreams.
")
True dat Shovel!

I have many of my own stories, like the time my young son was old enough (about 5) to ride on the riding lawn mower with me while I mowed some of the back yard, it was tall grass and everything was fine until I quit mowing and found him wheezing heavily for the first time ever, so off to the emergency room we went, that started a 5 year period of him asthmatic attacks which he finally outgrew.

There was the time he broke his knee cap in half in a mosh pit at 16.

When he was about 7, him, his mother and I were having a family outing and went to the park, we ended up about a mile from the car and down in a creek bed just wandering through it being adventurous when he slipped in front of me and hit his head on a pointed rock which gave him a good gash, I couldn't catch him with him being in front of me, well he turned around to look at me and I said, time to go get stitches, it was about an inch long on his forehead and deep. I had my wife run ahead for the car while I scooped him up and ran, he got to bleeding kinda bad so I stopped and took off my white shirt to hold to his head and went running through the park, shirtless with him crying, I ran past a couple walking in the park and they were freaked out by this shirtless guy running through the park with a screaming kid, lol.

I got to the hospital and they started the questions but wouldn't let me answer, they had to come from my son to make sure it wasn't child abuse....?! I understand why they ask, but DAMN if the kid screws up and answers the wrong way your ass is grass!

So Ruby, don't push it, kids are great, but there are trying times as well.

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#50352 Feb 4, 2013
Good morning all you happy pubbers. I hope you are having a great day--even if it is Monday.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#50353 Feb 4, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
So Ruby, don't push it, kids are great, but there are trying times as well.
At this stage of my life, I'm even considering a hysterectomy, but they won't perform such an operation if there's nothing wrong and while I'm still so young. I just cannot see myself being pregnant. Maybe my feelings would change as I get older, or when I meet the right man. But for now, I'm in no hurry. Lol.

Feels like it should be a Wednesday today...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I think I like giving my brother an erection... (Jan '13) 1 min BadMan 9
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Buck Crick 64,674
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min Gods r Delusions ... 654,436
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 53 min Student 45,299
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 54 min Thinking 508
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 973,954
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Genius 106,612
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,955
More from around the web