ye olde village pub

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#50228 Jan 23, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Saddle is about finished. Just need a horse.... Someday maybe.
If you want it bad enough, you'll get it :-)

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#50229 Jan 24, 2013
UPDATE: Shakes sister survived her surgery.
Doc is not sure he was able to clear all the tumor out since it was embedded in her brain stem. Chemo and radiation for sure. They also still need to determine were it had migrated from, and deal with that as well. She still has a very long road to travel.

Ruby, I saw your pics, very nice.
No Crocs in that water?

Thank you all again, Shakes appreciates your well wishes and prayers.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#50230 Jan 24, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Doc is not sure he was able to clear all the tumor out since it was embedded in her brain stem. Chemo and radiation for sure. They also still need to determine were it had migrated from, and deal with that as well. She still has a very long road to travel.
No Crocs in that water?
Good to hear RH, we'll be keeping her sister in our thoughts and prayers.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#50231 Jan 24, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
No Crocs in that water?
I'm sending positive thoughts your way Rotor! I hope everything works out for you and your family!!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Vincit qui se vincit

#50232 Jan 24, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to hear RH, we'll be keeping her sister in our thoughts and prayers.
Hey Hunglo!

#50233 Jan 24, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Hunglo!
mornin' Ricky

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#50234 Jan 24, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Doc is not sure he was able to clear all the tumor out since it was embedded in her brain stem. Chemo and radiation for sure. They also still need to determine were it had migrated from, and deal with that as well. She still has a very long road to travel
Thank you for the update. Keeping her and her family in our thoughts and prayers
Rotor Head wrote:
No Crocs in that water?
The closest thing to crocs in that area are water monitors. HUGE ones. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AxIgKyweIkg/TecOHPr... But fortunately they move away when the horses approach

#50235 Jan 24, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the update. Keeping her and her family in our thoughts and prayers
<quoted text>
The closest thing to crocs in that area are water monitors. HUGE ones. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AxIgKyweIkg/TecOHPr... But fortunately they move away when the horses approach
That is one big lizard.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#50236 Jan 24, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much of a rum drinker, prefer scotch or Jameson's neat.
Well now, that says it all. Did you know that scotch is aged in old bourbon barrels?
Do say hello to my old grand dad, Johnnie Walker.

Location hidden

#50237 Jan 24, 2013
Nice pics Ruby, looks like a nice place to ride. No large carnivours I trust?

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#50238 Jan 24, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
No Crocs in that water?
Thanks for the update, at least a little good news. Still praying!

#50239 Jan 24, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now, that says it all. Did you know that scotch is aged in old bourbon barrels?
Do say hello to my old grand dad, Johnnie Walker.
I did know that and I'm glad to see that something good does finally come out of those barrels.

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#50240 Jan 24, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
Nice pics Ruby, looks like a nice place to ride. No large carnivours I trust?
The closest thing we see to carnivores on our trails, are other people. Lol. It's apparently a Nature Reserve that we ride through. Though I haven't seen any myself, there are small antelope. We often see meerkats and "dassies" (Don't know the English name for them) http://focusingonwildlife.com/news/wp-content...

And I've spotted two snakes in the 5 1/2 years I've been riding there. One I suspect was a Cobra of sorts and the other one was some type of tree snake

We also encounter sheep and cattle as well as other horses along our trails (obviously behind fences), and sometimes fisherman with their dogs, or dogs who got out of their yard to chase the horses

But overall, it's just a peaceful place to ride and have fun :-)

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#50241 Jan 24, 2013
PS - You should see the dogs' faces when this "huge intruder" they've been trying to catch, turns around and runs towards them! The horses love it. But they mostly enjoy having a good canter ("lope") back to the group once the dogs have tucked tail and ran away...

#50243 Jan 25, 2013
Good morning all.

From the pictures, Ruby, it looks like a beautiful place to ride. The dassie looks to be related to the guinea pig

“Faith Love Hope”

South Africa

#50244 Jan 25, 2013
Apparently their English name is a Rock hyrax... Learn something new every day. Lol. We just call them dassies, lol :-D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_hyrax

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#50245 Jan 25, 2013
Good morning all. Happy Friday.....
Keeping Shakes and the family in our prayers....

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#50246 Jan 25, 2013
Good evening all. temps now above zero.....
LOVE my new History Prof. Guy is a total hoot.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#50247 Jan 25, 2013
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Good morning all. Happy Friday.....
Keeping Shakes and the family in our prayers....
Thanks Princess, PP.

Location hidden

#50248 Jan 25, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
The closest thing we see to carnivores on our trails, are other people. Lol. It's apparently a Nature Reserve that we ride through. Though I haven't seen any myself, there are small antelope. We often see meerkats and "dassies" (Don't know the English name for them) http://focusingonwildlife.com/news/wp-content...
And I've spotted two snakes in the 5 1/2 years I've been riding there. One I suspect was a Cobra of sorts and the other one was some type of tree snake
We also encounter sheep and cattle as well as other horses along our trails (obviously behind fences), and sometimes fisherman with their dogs, or dogs who got out of their yard to chase the horses
But overall, it's just a peaceful place to ride and have fun :-)
You know that sounds really great. I mean it,'cause when I rode around the mts. in Idaho, we had to think about coyotes, an occaisional bear, cougars and on a rare event a wolf. Never left without the m29 S&W.
The little critter seems to be a type of marmot, rock chuck kind of thing. Not as cute as a Chinchilla though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Critical Eye 878,522
The Christian Atheist debate 1 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 3,837
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 min janeebee 8,006
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min June VanDerMark 603,263
Ruthlessly GREEDY New Yorkers earned 9-11 1 min Critical Eye 12
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 min Bhagyashree Kale 7,625
Weeniez, testicals, panites, dresses, make-up..... 1 min Doctor REALITY 7
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min USaWorldWarMongerer 272,867
More from around the web