“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#50202 Jan 22, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Ruby. Hope alls going well on your side of the Orb. Turned down right cold here. Colder than an ex-wife's heart.... Close to single digits. I'm over nighting here at work to keep the furnaces going.... Don't need the furnaces going out and water pipes freezing up. I don't ice skate well and it would be hard to explain....
So....,hows the pony? Getting along better I hope. A little "tough love" might go along way with him. He might be getting used to being spoiled..... Just an opinion,but test him. Push him a bit. He may surprise you.... If not cut your losses and let him be a trail horse. Get something more durable. YOU have hopes of longer rides. Get a horse worthy of your ability... You may be a bit shy of stamina/knowledge but with a sound mount you can both learn to dance to the same music.*Hint*.... Pack heavy.... Small tent,food.basically overnightnight stuff. Not to use,just to have,so he get used to the weight. AND just in case. IF possible get a small revolver(.22 caliber) and a few bullets. They can be a life saving difference when coupled with a small knife for the utilitarian purposes.
LOL, hiya Oki. All's well with me thanks. Haven't seen my horse for about a week now, but hoping for nice weather on Thursday so I can go for a ride...

Why the heck would I need all those things?(PS I'm heavy myself, don't want to break the poor horse's back by adding MORE weight)

Sounds like you've been watching too many Westerns lately.

Hope you keep warm enough. I can't imagine that it's much fun spending so much time at work, but someone's gotta do it I suppose
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>You're Boer.... Tougher'n nails. You go girl.
Okimar.
Exactly. People KNOW not to mess with me. Besides, I'm yet to meet the person who can outrun a horse. So should something happen, I'll simply gallop away, leaving them in a cloud of dust XD

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#50203 Jan 22, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning all.
I was informed last night of a tragedy in my wifes family, I may be pretty scarce for a while.
Thank you in advance for all you kind thoughts.
We apperciate it.
We'll be thinking of you and your wife's family and wishing nothing but the best.

#50204 Jan 22, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
Sailor Jerry all around..........at this point, I'm wearing it as cologne.
;)
I've noticed, and it's kinda turning me on :)

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#50205 Jan 22, 2013
Rotor I hope things turn out alright and I'm sending positive thoughts your way!

Good morning everyone else!

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#50206 Jan 22, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew I liked you...
;)

Good morning H'lo. Good morning everybody.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#50207 Jan 22, 2013
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning all.
I was informed last night of a tragedy in my wifes family, I may be pretty scarce for a while.
Thank you in advance for all you kind thoughts.
We apperciate it.
Love to all, Rotor and Family. Find some peace where and when you can.

Many condolences on your loss.

#50208 Jan 22, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>I knew I liked you...
;)
Good morning H'lo. Good morning everybody.
Have you tried Kraken black spiced rum? Good flavor and the jug that it comes in has two handles, it's almost like a sippy cup for adults.

http://www.complex.com/city-guide/2012/12/25-...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#50209 Jan 22, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Like a stake through the heart, FC. We left before Christmas and just returned thursday. Nice to be missed. wipes eyes, sniffels.
Morning, Ed ... of course you were missed silly man ... Hope your hiatus was a good one and you are back here to stay with us for a long time! Enjoy your day! FC <3 ..

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#50210 Jan 22, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
H'Lo ... you're such a player, lol ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#50211 Jan 22, 2013
Morning everyone ... wishing you a bright, warm sunny day ... in the mid 60s today, 80s tomorrow ... What? yeah, really! Enjoy your day ... FC <3 ...

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

#50212 Jan 22, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you tried Kraken black spiced rum? Good flavor and the jug that it comes in has two handles, it's almost like a sippy cup for adults.
I've tried it......that is to say it tried me, and found me lacking. That stuff put me on my Scots-Irish butt.

Once was enough, but I do still have the bottle....

;)

#50213 Jan 22, 2013
Good morning FC

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#50214 Jan 22, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, hiya Oki. All's well with me thanks. Haven't seen my horse for about a week now, but hoping for nice weather on Thursday so I can go for a ride...
Why the heck would I need all those things?(PS I'm heavy myself, don't want to break the poor horse's back by adding MORE weight)
Sounds like you've been watching too many Westerns lately.
Hope you keep warm enough. I can't imagine that it's much fun spending so much time at work, but someone's gotta do it I suppose
<quoted text>
Exactly. People KNOW not to mess with me. Besides, I'm yet to meet the person who can outrun a horse. So should something happen, I'll simply gallop away, leaving them in a cloud of dust XD
Hon,I AM a western.... LOL Okay,you might not need all those things to lug around. Its just a suggestion that you may want to haul extra stuff to get the Cayuse accustomed to the idea he just might. Besides a military style pup tent/shelter half doubles as a ground sheet,horse blanket or shade source. It was something to think about. Enjoy your coming fall/autumn.

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#50216 Jan 22, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon,I AM a western.... LOL Okay,you might not need all those things to lug around. Its just a suggestion that you may want to haul extra stuff to get the Cayuse accustomed to the idea he just might. Besides a military style pup tent/shelter half doubles as a ground sheet,horse blanket or shade source. It was something to think about. Enjoy your coming fall/autumn.
Been meaning to ask, how's the saddle coming along?

See, the thing is, we only unsaddle when we ride around the dam. It's abouth 1hr 15min to the other side, depending on how fast you're travelling. Then we unsaddle, let the horses rest for about 30min and saddle back up and ride back. Another hour, 15min. The other rides are just for about an hour, following a trail next to the river. It's not exactly a mountain trail where you're in the saddle for 4-5 hours at a time. Wish I could show you what the trails look like. There are slight hills and slopes, and we do cross the river and navigate through a couple of rocks sometimes...

Perhaps I should dust off my Photobucket account and upload a few pics of the trail. My friend texted me earlier asking if I'd like to go riding this afternoon. I haven't packed my riding attire but I've ridden in shorts before. So we'll see. Might take my camera with on the ride and take a couple of pictures :-P

Daydreaming now, lol.

Hope you'll have a great day, and that you weren't too cold last night

Vincit qui se vincit

#50217 Jan 23, 2013
Good morning everyone!

Vincit qui se vincit

#50218 Jan 23, 2013
It's hump day!!
FYI

Arvada, CO

#50220 Jan 23, 2013
Well, since it is humpday, I am looking for that midget black Mexican girl with a little Chinese, Romanian, Swedish,Irish,Mongolian,with a tad Bulgarian thrown in. HMMMMMMMM GOOD

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#50221 Jan 23, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
H-lo, putting spices in rum means you don't like rum.Like adding grapefruit juice to say .... Jack Black. Or maybe bitters to A Bourdeaux. Try some good stuff.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#50222 Jan 23, 2013
Ruby88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Been meaning to ask, how's the saddle coming along?
See, the thing is, we only unsaddle when we ride around the dam. It's abouth 1hr 15min to the other side, depending on how fast you're travelling. Then we unsaddle, let the horses rest for about 30min and saddle back up and ride back. Another hour, 15min. The other rides are just for about an hour, following a trail next to the river. It's not exactly a mountain trail where you're in the saddle for 4-5 hours at a time. Wish I could show you what the trails look like. There are slight hills and slopes, and we do cross the river and navigate through a couple of rocks sometimes...
Perhaps I should dust off my Photobucket account and upload a few pics of the trail. My friend texted me earlier asking if I'd like to go riding this afternoon. I haven't packed my riding attire but I've ridden in shorts before. So we'll see. Might take my camera with on the ride and take a couple of pictures :-P
Daydreaming now, lol.
Hope you'll have a great day, and that you weren't too cold last night
Oh do take your camera with, Ruby. Perchance you and friends might dress like a Frazetta painting.[frank frazetta]Real barbariann types. Cool.

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

#50223 Jan 23, 2013
Rotor, hope the pup is doing better.
Ed--good to see you back
Generic "Hi" to everyone else.....lol....
Here's hoping you all have a successful Wednesday.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min lightbeamrider 793,174
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 7 min scirocco 38,043
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 28 min Ex_Irontonian 97,404
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 29 min GodFreeByChoice 5,750
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min hojo 567,243
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 54 min Clear Dharma 432
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 120,607
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 607,030
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 267,248
More from around the web