ye olde village pub

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

Since: May 07

AH-1S Cobra

#49524 Nov 24, 2012
Morning Ed, you slipped in while I was typing.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#49525 Nov 24, 2012
As always it's good to see people here at the pub. Everybody surived 'blacvk friday' which sounds like an aniversery of a terror attack, or market crash.
Well no shooting, stabbings or other physical assualt.
Happy day then.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#49526 Nov 24, 2012
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty good, just me and the XO. Half the fassmily is in San Antone, the rest in S.C. so it was quiet. Had massive doses of prime rib. Beer. Some rum.
Good morning, Ed ... yum, sounds good to me ... when is lunch being served ... I'll start getting ready, lol ... it was quiet here as well ... my family is all spread out as well ... talked to them via phone late afternoon on T/Day ... 2 brothers & 2 sisters so it's all good and everybody's fine ... My little brother just bought a new house 3/2/2 so he's quite excited about the change, not about the move and then he reminds me about George Carlin and his skit about "stuff" ... that always cracked me up ... okay, moving right along ... Have a great day, Ed ... Have fun! FC <3 ...

George Carlin ~ Stuff ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#49527 Nov 24, 2012
Rotor Head wrote:
Good morning Flower, HL.
Sort of ovcerdid it working on my dads bathroom.
Why is it ALWAYS floors? Can someone answer me that? Why can't it be something that you can do at a resonable working height?
Didn't do my shoulder any good either.
Hi again, Rotor ... aw, man! Can I kiss it and make it feel all better or would a massage work better?... When is that MRI ... Is it a rotator cuff tear?... sorry you're having to deal with all this and I don't know if ice or heat at this point would do any good but you might try one or the other ... All of the above? Wishing you better hours ahead of you, Rotor ... Definitely better days ahead of all of us! Enjoy the rest of your day and take it easy! >>mwah<<

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#49528 Nov 25, 2012
Morning everyone.

Thanks FC, yes it is probably a rotator cuff tear.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#49529 Nov 25, 2012
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning everyone.
Thanks FC, yes it is probably a rotator cuff tear.
Good morning, Rotor ... with today's medical technology there are minimally invasive procedures to take care of those types of diagnosis ... not like in the older days when they'd leave you a 5 inch scar ... probably arthroscopic and the recovery time is diminished but still have to go to rehab since it involves a joint, but you probably already know that ... Take it easy in the mean time ... Wuvya >>mwah<<

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#49531 Nov 26, 2012
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving Day. Go lite on working Rotor,won't help that shoulder to keep aggravating it. Hope the Docs can get to it soon and fix it for you.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#49533 Nov 27, 2012
Ya think Oki?
You get enough to eat?

Morning all.

Gloomy cloudy morning up here.

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#49534 Nov 27, 2012
Morning everyone.

Rotor--Oki didn't go hungry, that's for sure. I made enough food to feed a small army--and that's basically what we had. I think the final count was 22.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#49535 Nov 27, 2012
Rotor Head wrote:
Ya think Oki?
You get enough to eat?
Morning all.
Gloomy cloudy morning up here.
Plenty. Went easy on the bird tho,had to work. No tryptophans allowed....

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#49536 Nov 28, 2012
Good morning

Happy Hump day be sure to celebrate.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#49537 Nov 28, 2012
Rotor Head wrote:
Good morning
Happy Hump day be sure to celebrate.
Morning Rotor ... >>celebrating<< lol >>mwah<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#49538 Nov 28, 2012
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Morning everyone.
Rotor--Oki didn't go hungry, that's for sure. I made enough food to feed a small army--and that's basically what we had. I think the final count was 22.
Morning, Princess! But I bet it was fun after all that work, huh? Enjoy your day!

Hearts and hugs!... FC <3 ...

Location hidden

#49540 Nov 28, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Ed ... yum, sounds good to me ... when is lunch being served ... I'll start getting ready, lol ... it was quiet here as well ... my family is all spread out as well ... talked to them via phone late afternoon on T/Day ... 2 brothers & 2 sisters so it's all good and everybody's fine ... My little brother just bought a new house 3/2/2 so he's quite excited about the change, not about the move and then he reminds me about George Carlin and his skit about "stuff" ... that always cracked me up ... okay, moving right along ... Have a great day, Ed ... Have fun! FC <3 ...
George Carlin ~ Stuff ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4x_QkGPCL18XX
Yeah, ol George was funny alright. So to with a lot of others, or was it something in the air? I still laugh at Cheech & Chong.

Location hidden

#49541 Nov 28, 2012
While watching an older show on disc sci I wondered at the fellow saying "..light always travels at the same speed. You turn on a flashlight at mach 3 or standing still, it still travels at the same speed" WRONG. doc
And another .. "you cannot travel at the speed of light. Your mass would increase to the point of infinity ..." More B.S.
In the first case, then why does doppler shift show up when viewing distant stars and galaxies?
Second, if that were true. the photons leaving the sun would instantly become black holes and we would not be talking about this.
I shall devulge the answer soon after I determine why it's okay for my friend to say he likes big girls, while it sounds bad because I prefer little girls. That is to say petite. pretty and hell, street legal too! stripes not included.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#49542 Nov 28, 2012
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, ol George was funny alright. So to with a lot of others, or was it something in the air? I still laugh at Cheech & Chong.
Hi Ed ... I still laugh at those two characters, too ... Chong just recently had another grand-baby ... saw a pic of him holding the baby. Man, does he look old ... I'm like, "Chong, put down the pipe" LOL ... I don't know what kind of pipe but just put it down, LOLOL ... Guess he's been around the block or two, huh?... I just googled him, he's 74 ... he's earned his pipe, never mind ... puff puff pass, hahahahaha

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#49543 Nov 28, 2012
Ed Teach wrote:
While watching an older show on disc sci I wondered at the fellow saying "..light always travels at the same speed. You turn on a flashlight at mach 3 or standing still, it still travels at the same speed" WRONG. doc
And another .. "you cannot travel at the speed of light. Your mass would increase to the point of infinity ..." More B.S.
In the first case, then why does doppler shift show up when viewing distant stars and galaxies?
Second, if that were true. the photons leaving the sun would instantly become black holes and we would not be talking about this.
I shall devulge the answer soon after I determine why it's okay for my friend to say he likes big girls, while it sounds bad because I prefer little girls. That is to say petite. pretty and hell, street legal too! stripes not included.
say what, Ed? LOL ...

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#49544 Nov 29, 2012
In 1905, Albert Einstein postulated that the speed of light with respect to any inertial frame is independent of the motion of the light source, and explored the consequences of that postulate by deriving the special theory of relativity and showing that the parameter c had relevance outside of the context of light and electromagnetism.
he expressed these postulates as:
The Principle of Relativity – The laws by which the states of physical systems undergo change are not affected, whether these changes of state be referred to the one or the other of two systems in uniform translatory motion relative to each other.
The Principle of Invariant Light Speed – "light is always propagated in empty space with a definite velocity [speed] c which is independent of the state of motion of the emitting body." That is, light in vacuum propagates with the speed c (a fixed constant, independent of direction) in at least one system of inertial coordinates (the "stationary system"), regardless of the state of motion of the light source.

The derivation of special relativity depends not only on these two explicit postulates, but also on several tacit assumptions (made in almost all theories of physics), including the isotropy and homogeneity of space and the independence of measuring rods and clocks from their past history.

Readers digest version:

C exists only at the "Physics Store" in an ideal space/time universe.

We do this all the time when studying complex systems. Your mileage may vary.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#49545 Nov 29, 2012
Good morning, Rotor >>waves<< >>mwah<<

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#49546 Nov 29, 2012
Hi all.

Rotor--don't know what you're talking about. C is where it's always been--right there between B and D.

Oh yeah--it's in my alphabet soup bowl too....

<waves>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 879,537
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 14 min dollarsbill 8,158
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min NEWS-FLASH 177,879
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min June VanDerMark 603,309
Though God is 'silent', His Creations EXCLAIM H... 54 min Critical Eye 6
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 6,400
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Critical Eye 3,882
More from around the web