“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#49252 Oct 31, 2012
shovelhead72 wrote:
Can't complain - need to check on my brother in Boston, though. Couldn't get through last night.
I hope it happens that he's alright, SH.

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#49254 Nov 1, 2012
Good morning all.
SH, none of the stations here in MA are reporting any real serious injuries in the state. The governor is riding the utility companies pretty hard to get service back up so hopefully you will hear from your brother soon.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#49255 Nov 1, 2012
Thank you so much, H. I've been going on the assumption that 'no news is good news' for the last day or so...your info helps bolster my resolve.
I'll keep trying to get through until it happens.

Thanks again!
:)

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#49256 Nov 1, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Oki ... the cold front came in bring high 30s/low 40s and highs in the low 60s which were perfect ... didn't even kick the heater on ... Just had a tower heater that I ran overnight and kept the rooms at 74 degrees ... perfect ... Our trees are still green and no evidence they'll be turning brown yet, Oki ... so we're good for now ... The trick or treaters were all down in costume this weekend on 6th Street downtown Austin ... it was fun, no major disturbances ... However, the stretch of I-30 where the speed limit is 85MPH there were 3 incidences of wrecks involving vehicle and 200# plus feral hog ... they've known for YEARS those hogs were there so why didn't the STATE build higher around them? Can't see them at night unless you have infrared or nightvision and then when you do, it's too late! A motorcyclist has NO chance, swerving to miss is deadly and head-on at 85 mph is disastrous ... So, IDK if there is going to be a bounty on those hogs or not, there are hundreds and hundreds of them ... big 'uns, too!
Hope you and your family are safe, warm, safe and cozy this weekend ... Keep it that way, okay? LOL FC <3 ...
Feral hogs have been a problem in the South for years. We have then in the Eastrn part of the State. They are expanding but haven't gotten here yet,matter of time. Its open season on them here year round.

“Faith Love Hope”

Since: Nov 10

South Africa

#49257 Nov 1, 2012
Morning friendlies!

Wishing all a happy Friday and a good start to the weekend

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#49258 Nov 2, 2012
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>
Luckily I have never had to endure that kind of severe weather. Here's what they did wrong. a short handed crew thought the better of it to go under power. Sail is designed to work with the wind, not against it. Under sail the boat would have survived. The original one rounded the horn of S. America. They could have done it too.
Thanks for that insight Ed!

“100% Princess”

and totally harmless

#49260 Nov 2, 2012
Good morning everyone. It's Friday all over the world--except in the places that are either too far ahead or too far behind to be Friday.....
Have a great one folks....

#49261 Nov 2, 2012
Good morning all.

Location hidden

#49262 Nov 2, 2012
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for that insight Ed!
Any time Ricky. glad to be of help. Hey, maybe I should have my own "storm stories" like Jim Cantore??
Be like the Cenabites .... I have such sights to show you ....

Location hidden

#49263 Nov 2, 2012
Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Good morning everyone. It's Friday all over the world--except in the places that are either too far ahead or too far behind to be Friday.....
Have a great one folks....
Ya think?

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#49264 Nov 2, 2012
Morning folks.
TGIF!!!

#49265 Nov 2, 2012
Rotor Head wrote:
Morning folks.
TGIF!!!
How's the shoulder?

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#49266 Nov 2, 2012
Ummm.....Ouch!
Saw Doc, got X ray. Not broken. MRI on tap.
Probably need surgery.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#49267 Nov 2, 2012
Rotor Head wrote:
Ummm.....Ouch!
Saw Doc, got X ray. Not broken. MRI on tap.
Probably need surgery.
You know any parts that need replacing will be after markets,right? Kinda hard to get factory originals for a '56/'57..... Just make sure they use the correct A-dapter kit. Good luck and keep us posted.

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#49268 Nov 2, 2012
'62 if you don't mind....You're old as dirt I'm not. lol

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#49269 Nov 3, 2012
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Feral hogs have been a problem in the South for years. We have then in the Eastrn part of the State. They are expanding but haven't gotten here yet,matter of time. Its open season on them here year round.
Well, what would one do if they bountied a feral ... is that eating material, ugh? lol ...

Good morning, BTW ...

4043 ... full house says FC wouldn't eat feral ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#49270 Nov 3, 2012
Hunglo wrote:
Good morning all.
Good morning, H'Lo ... Morning everyone! Happy Saturday!... Enjoy!!!!!!!!!! >>smiles<<

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#49271 Nov 3, 2012
Morning Rotor ... I know you're around ... I saw you ----------> mwah ...

#49272 Nov 3, 2012
Good morning FC

“268th Attack Hel Bn”

AH-1S Cobra

#49273 Nov 3, 2012
Good morning U2.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 560,470
Scientific proof for God's existence 4 min killedjoe 49
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Edthirty 265,450
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 6 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,477
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min killedjoe 4,896
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Catcher1 778,334
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 20 min Hatti_Hollerand 99
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 49 min truth 605,336
More from around the web