Media Bias on the Zimmerman, Martin Case

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#583 Jul 4, 2013
George Zimmerman, the man on trial for fatally shooting Trayvon Martin last year, received high marks in a criminal litigation course that touched on Florida state law regarding when it’s appropriate to use self-defense and the so- called “Stand Your Ground” statute. Zimmerman took the course, along with classes in criminal justice and investigation, at Seminole State College, a public college in Sanford where he was pursuing a bachelor’s degree. The testimony was important to prosecutors because Zimmerman had said during an interview with Sean Hannity of Fox News last summer that he was not familiar with the Stand Your Ground law prior to the shooting. Jurors were shown that interview on Tuesday afternoon.

Why is this man a liar?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#584 Jul 4, 2013
I notice the Z supporters seem a bit frantic. They're all repeating and repeating the "punching" the face and banging the head on cement meme, as if saying it enough times will make it true. Not hardly. if this case was clear cut, he wouldn't be on trial. as far as appeasing "the blacks", there are a number of white people who find Zimmerman's story quite suspect. if Zimmerman had simply listened to the police dispatcher instead of blatantly ignoring instructions NOT to get out of his car or follow Travon, he wouldn't be on trial, but he chose to play vigilante, and now of the 2 people who know what really happened that night, one is dead.
Angered American

Rochester, MN

#585 Jul 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
I notice the Z supporters seem a bit frantic. They're all repeating and repeating the "punching" the face and banging the head on cement meme, as if saying it enough times will make it true. Not hardly. if this case was clear cut, he wouldn't be on trial. as far as appeasing "the blacks", there are a number of white people who find Zimmerman's story quite suspect. if Zimmerman had simply listened to the police dispatcher instead of blatantly ignoring instructions NOT to get out of his car or follow Travon, he wouldn't be on trial, but he chose to play vigilante, and now of the 2 people who know what really happened that night, one is dead.
You sound like a nut.

Personally I would have shot Trayvon before I allowed his punch to my nose breaking it.

Trayvon was a street thug...Look up his past!!!
Trayvon also wasnt a child, he was a grown man.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#586 Jul 4, 2013
Angered American wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a nut.
Personally I would have shot Trayvon before I allowed his punch to my nose breaking it.
Trayvon was a street thug...Look up his past!!!
Trayvon also wasnt a child, he was a grown man.
So do you walk around looking for Black people and engage them? DO you go around shooting street thugs? YOU need to read what you write, you just wrote that you are a street thug, you do exactly as they are portrayed. THUG!
Judge Shmales

Vacaville, CA

#587 Jul 5, 2013
^ Ur of the same ilk who cheered when oj was acquitted, knowing full well that he alone was responsible for the murders. Scum.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#588 Jul 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> Zimmerman called the police because the boy looked “real suspicious,” according to a 911 call released late Friday. As he should have. The operator told Zimmerman that officers were being dispatched and not to pursue the boy. The call is recorded, what more evidence do you need? This is not about what "Zimmerman beleived" his life would not have been in danger if he listened and waited for the cops. Zimmerman should pay some kind of murder charge.
Zimmerman should have been charged with manslaughter or negligent homicide. The prosecution made a mistake when they went for murder 2. Because of that mistake,, he'll probably be free.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#589 Jul 5, 2013
crucifiedguy wrote:
<quoted text>
come on dick , what gives anyone the right to put their hands on another person and beat them violently about the head and body ?
Because they were being followed or pursued ? Wtf ?
I guess if you're married and your arguing , if you leave the room and your wife follows you ,it's okay for you to beat the shit out of her .
What kind bullshit is that?
1-You assume Trayvon swung at Zimmerman first.
2-Your scenario is wrong because in that case he knows his wife.

Consider my scenario. I follow a girl with my car. The girl sees me following her. She starts running. I get out of my car and start running after, not bothering to shout and explain any reason for why I am following her. Because of her fear of me, the girl's state of mind is altered and she doesn't look to see if there is a car coming when she runs across the street. A car hits her and she dies. Should I be held accountable for her death. Hell yes. By my actions, she was made to fear for her security thus her state of mind was altered thus leading her tpo her death. The same could be said of Zimmerman.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#590 Jul 5, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>You seem a but thick...is it difficult for you to function in real life too, as you clearly are demonstrating here?
Zimmerman was NOT pursuing Martin, that is your fantasy.
Zimmerman was following Tray. He said so on the phone!
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>
When you call 911 to report suspicious activity, the police can only ADVISE not to pursue...in the UNITED STATES any citizen can legally make a citizen arrest using reasonable force. Deadly force in some states involve circumstances where the person making the arrest or someone else is faced with the threat of serious bodily injury or immediate use of deadly physical force. In these situations, the person making the arrest may use deadly force in order to prevent harm to themselves or others.
The police DO NOT have the authority to deprive citizens of their legal right there Perry Mason!
I suggest you turn off your television and stop playing dime store lawyer!
Citizens don't have the right to make arrest unless there has been a crime committed. George was told by the neighborhood watch not to go after people he suspected. He choose to disobey the rules at his own peril.
I suggest that you shut off your brain because it is not working.
TheRealDeal

Detroit, MI

#591 Jul 5, 2013
Angered American wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a nut.
Personally I would have shot Trayvon before I allowed his punch to my nose breaking it.
Trayvon was a street thug...Look up his past!!!
Trayvon also wasnt a child, he was a grown man.
Oh god...them look at the real facts and history behind Martin? You are kidding right?

Haha they are tree-hugger anti gun, anti self-defense freaks who believe they have to "OBEY" 911 operators!

These morons in favor of thug America are doing everything they can to convince themselves and others that Martin was an innocent kid just chilling out.

Martin was a racist and racially biased thug which manifested itself as a violent act against Zimmerman, the testimony of his girlfriend exposed that!

And the funny thing is...not one of them will address the fact that IF Zimmerman went in with the intent of killing Martin, then why wasn't the gun drawn, and why was Martin able to cause so much physical harm to Zimmerman?

The tree hugging Perry Mason whack-jobs defending Martin here are nuts, the scary part is, these morons are allowed to run about free in our society!
TheRealDeal

Detroit, MI

#592 Jul 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>So do you walk around looking for Black people and engage them? DO you go around shooting street thugs? YOU need to read what you write, you just wrote that you are a street thug, you do exactly as they are portrayed. THUG!
If a thug of any color is lurking about in your neighborhood or around your house, do you believe you are helpless and cannot say anything?

Now add to this the fact that a rash of break-ins have occurred near you, and the individuals were witnessed as being street thugs wearing dark clothing...do you still think you should just hide in your basement until such a time that they get done robbing people blind?

If this is the case, then I pity you!

It seems you are a sniveling little weasel of a person, who is afraid of your own shadow, and would never volunteer your time to get involved.

Pathetic!

Blue_Eye_Gemini

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#593 Jul 5, 2013
Angered American wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a nut.
Personally I would have shot Trayvon before I allowed his punch to my nose breaking it.
Trayvon was a street thug...Look up his past!!!
Trayvon also wasnt a child, he was a grown man.
I agree! I don't understand why the Mother and Brother are on the stand, they were not there.
TheRealDeal

Detroit, MI

#594 Jul 5, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman was following Tray. He said so on the phone!
<quoted text>
Citizens don't have the right to make arrest unless there has been a crime committed. George was told by the neighborhood watch not to go after people he suspected. He choose to disobey the rules at his own peril.
I suggest that you shut off your brain because it is not working.
First and foremost..."TREY" really dude? WTF, nothing like showing your bias right out of the gate!!! lol

Zimmerman was following Martin, no one is denying that, what the boobs on this thread keep saying is that Zimmerman was perusing Martin, which he was not...following and observing is a completely different thing and 100% legal!

The brain being shut off, are by those who throw common sense out the window, and make up stories about MMA defenses, and pre-planned killings and so forth!

A little correction to your statement about citizens arrests...Citizens have every right to make a citizen arrest if they reasonably believe a felony is being or has been committed as well as other things. It is quite detailed to go into all the aspects of that here and now, and I am not suggesting Zimmerman was evoking his right to make a citizens arrest.

As far as Zimmerman following Martin...it was important to see where this thug was going and what he was up to, EVERY CITIZEN has that right, where the line was crossed is when Martin aggressively confronted Zimmerman and a violent and dangerous manner.

Zimmerman defended himself, and the end result was that he exercised his right to protect himself against grave bodily damage!

BOTTOM LINE...He stood his ground as permitted by law, as acknowledged by the police, and as the recognized by the country prosecutor!
It wasn't until the race baiters got involved until the political correctness machine BS 'special prosecutor" was appointed!
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#595 Jul 5, 2013
Angered American wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Z is going to be set free. It was indeed just a case of self defense
Nope!

_ Captain Z observed and followed the kids very closely for a good while, making sure he was unarmed, thought kid was not on the phone; Captain Z then proceeded to establish an alibi by telling 911 the kid looked like he was on drugs(devaluing his prey to sub-human and irrational level). Once Captain Z's prey made it to the darkest area in that community, Captain Z cornered the kid, used his MMA techniques to put the kid into a submissive lock, choking him, thus making it difficult for Martin to scream loud, and then slaughtered the kid.

_Captain Z had all angles covered, he thought; but Captain Z's Criminal Justice classes did not cover DNA evidence....

_ With his claim of repeated punches to his grossly bloody nose, scientists could not find a single strand of Captain Z's DNA on Martin's hands or sleeves. I guess those violent blows were a product George's imagination...

_ Captain Z's blood was found on Martin's waist area, meaning the gun, indeed recoiled after the shooting and injured Captain Z's nose. And, as Captain Z was peeling Trayvon's outer garment checking to see whether bullet hit target, a drop of blood from George's injured nose fell on Martin's inner garment....

DNA results messed up Captain Z's "almost" perfect murder!
Darn!

Bubba is licking his chops, waiting on Captain Z for a bloody humping...
TheRealDeal

Detroit, MI

#596 Jul 5, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope!
_ Captain Z observed and followed the kids very closely for a good while, making sure he was unarmed, thought kid was not on the phone; Captain Z then proceeded to establish an alibi by telling 911 the kid looked like he was on drugs(devaluing his prey to sub-human and irrational level). Once Captain Z's prey made it to the darkest area in that community, Captain Z cornered the kid, used his MMA techniques to put the kid into a submissive lock, choking him, thus making it difficult for Martin to scream loud, and then slaughtered the kid.
_Captain Z had all angles covered, he thought; but Captain Z's Criminal Justice classes did not cover DNA evidence....
_ With his claim of repeated punches to his grossly bloody nose, scientists could not find a single strand of Captain Z's DNA on Martin's hands or sleeves. I guess those violent blows were a product George's imagination...
_ Captain Z's blood was found on Martin's waist area, meaning the gun, indeed recoiled after the shooting and injured Captain Z's nose. And, as Captain Z was peeling Trayvon's outer garment checking to see whether bullet hit target, a drop of blood from George's injured nose fell on Martin's inner garment....
DNA results messed up Captain Z's "almost" perfect murder!
Darn!
Bubba is licking his chops, waiting on Captain Z for a bloody humping...
TRANSLATION....Crazy ramblings of a sheltered irrelevant old racist who doesn't yet realize or acknowledged that the word "NEGRO" is no longer acceptable!

Anything you say is invalid, lacks credibility, and shows you are wound to tightly around television dram detective shows!
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#598 Jul 5, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>TRANSLATION....the word "NEGRO" is no longer acceptable!
Really?

Are you "really" aware of what is going on in America?

Never heard of UNCF?

The United Negro College Fund, or UNCF, is an American philanthropic organization that funds scholarships for black students and general scholarship funds for 39 private historically black colleges and universities
TheRealDeal

Detroit, MI

#599 Jul 5, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Are you "really" aware of what is going on in America?
Never heard of UNCF?
The United Negro College Fund, or UNCF, is an American philanthropic organization that funds scholarships for black students and general scholarship funds for 39 private historically black colleges and universities
YOU ARE A CLUELESS MORON!

Nuff said!
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#600 Jul 5, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE A CLUELESS MORON!
Nuff said!
Really?

The word Negro is unacceptable?
Really?

Did you pull that one out of Captain Z's ass?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#601 Jul 5, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman should have been charged with manslaughter or negligent homicide. The prosecution made a mistake when they went for murder 2. Because of that mistake,, he'll probably be free.
I agree

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#602 Jul 5, 2013
TheRealDeal wrote:
<quoted text>If a thug of any color is lurking about in your neighborhood or around your house, do you believe you are helpless and cannot say anything?
Now add to this the fact that a rash of break-ins have occurred near you, and the individuals were witnessed as being street thugs wearing dark clothing...do you still think you should just hide in your basement until such a time that they get done robbing people blind?
If this is the case, then I pity you!
It seems you are a sniveling little weasel of a person, who is afraid of your own shadow, and would never volunteer your time to get involved.
Pathetic!
I can dial 911. I can observe him. Why would I follow him and engage him? A lot of people wear dark clothing. Who hid in a basement in this case? Pull your brains together.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#603 Jul 5, 2013
Blue_Eye_Gemini wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I don't understand why the Mother and Brother are on the stand, they were not there.
Are they on the stand testifying they were there? You must be used to TV court, try to follow a real trial sometime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 17 min River Tam 41,704
our STORE is starting on politics 1 hr zack LE hack 2
Trump's "Russia Worries" louder than the noon sun 1 hr Johnny 12
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Johnny 560
Sometimes I like Louis Farrakhan's "sermons"...... 3 hr Paul is dead 103
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr another viewer 989,717
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Johnny 122
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr JesusWasNOTaJew G... 690,355
More from around the web