Dont Use Windows 8: Why Nasa Dumped W...

Dont Use Windows 8: Why Nasa Dumped Windows

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Bert

Buffalo, NY

#1 Aug 26, 2013
Posted on August 23, 2013 by Martin Armstrong
Microsoft_Building
The notorious Microsoft Corp Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer will now “retire” within the next 12 months. This is interesting for it is a code word for get the hell out of here. The shares rallied almost 9 percent on hopes that someone new will change the course of the company. But Microsoft is going to need to show publicly that it is a real viable company instead of a NSA cronie. The infection of Microsoft goes beyond a CEO. The NSA is deeply embedded in the company. It is now the right time for a non-American firm to compete with Microsoft offering full security and no NSA infiltration. I would even be glad to join the board of such a company OUTSIDE the USA. The world needs to be free of government if it kills it.
Unless Microsoft publicly files something in court at least for show stating it will not provide access for the NSA any longer, there is no viable future for a company that cannot be trusted and even NASA has dumped its products because they are not safe. With Germany now warning its citizens about WINDOWS 8, that is the kiss of death. The NSA was also in bed with the Germans so this announcement is based upon real inside information that they too are not fully revealing. As long as you leave secret doors open for the NSA, hackers will also find those doors and use them. That is why NASA dumped windows.
Any new computer you get install Windows 7. Do not use WINDOWS 8 under any circumstances for anything on which you have personal financial information.
http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/08/23/micr...

“Turn left at pub Number 42”

Since: Dec 08

Homehill,QLD

#2 Aug 26, 2013
The "NSAKEY" goes back to Windows NT 4 Service Pack 5

NASA has gone from Windows XP laptops to Debian 6 on the ISS(International Space Station ).
http://www.debian.org/

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#3 Aug 26, 2013
That article sounds like a lot of drum beating rabble rousing, but it would be interesting to see some specific instances or documentation as to just exactly what Windows is letting "them" (the NSA, etc.) see and access and do for people have Win8. Don't get me wrong, I hated Win8! Bought a new laptop and everything, ended up returning it. it just did not look like a "computer" any more. I found a new, in the box/full warranty laptop with Win7 on it, at Amazon. I've heard other horror stories about their new OS but I'd still like to see specifics! Guess I shall go a'googling.
Sybian Princess

Portland, OR

#4 Aug 26, 2013
Jenji wrote:
That article sounds like a lot of drum beating rabble rousing, but it would be interesting to see some specific instances or documentation as to just exactly what Windows is letting "them" (the NSA, etc.) see and access and do for people have Win8. Don't get me wrong, I hated Win8! Bought a new laptop and everything, ended up returning it. it just did not look like a "computer" any more. I found a new, in the box/full warranty laptop with Win7 on it, at Amazon. I've heard other horror stories about their new OS but I'd still like to see specifics! Guess I shall go a'googling.
I know what you mean about Win8 I hate it too, new PC they wouldn't take back so I stripped the hard drive and installed Win 7 built up from scratch – the reason NASA made that move on the ISS was because by going to a Linux OS they could make changes and patches as necessary, because of the open platform. Secondary to that was worries about security deficiencies and backdoors in the Microsoft product.
Bert sounds like

Temple, TX

#5 Aug 26, 2013
he is just looking for a job.
UIdiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#6 Aug 26, 2013
How about Apple OS ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 599,683
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 10 min GREAT DAY OF ARMA... 40,881
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min It aint necessari... 864,671
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min GREAT DAY OF ARMA... 612,907
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 32 min rohit 455
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 46 min Neelakaran 7,500
Is Obama Really Black? (Jul '09) 56 min I am me 34
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Lbj 1,996
More from around the web