Who is an atheist?

Who is an atheist?

There are 9356 comments on the The Sydney Morning Herald story from May 30, 2010, titled Who is an atheist?. In it, The Sydney Morning Herald reports that:

In my last blog there was a moderately spectacular blue between various parties .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sydney Morning Herald.

spider

Newmarket, UK

#9606 Aug 31, 2013
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
When you die you will find there is nothing else, fortunatley for you, you wont now about it.
I dont believe it,,,, some complete moron has juged my post as clueless,,,,,, what a stupid arse,,,, come on sunshine,,, where is your proof in any way shape or form ?????????
Friend of all

Edinburgh, UK

#9608 Oct 9, 2014
T Leary wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you to will not address my questions about ERV's. Until you do it is obvious you are ignorant in the subject of DNA and evolution.
humanity is one family at war with itself if you read Alan Watts "The Supreme Identity" it will show how everything is part of everything else
I am not a man of expertise in DNA I only know that the war created by some religions is wrong and anti-peace
I am a learner without a monopoly I do not accept that hate can ever be justified by a belief in any God
it is only out of my interest in the good in life I write anything.
Patrick n Angela
#9609 Mar 20, 2015
Christians, Jewish People and Agnostic/Atheists usually all get along with tolerance for each others ideas
thetruth

Windsor, UK

#9610 Mar 21, 2015
LCNLin wrote:
Albert Einstein called himself an agnostic, while disassociating himself from the label atheist, preferring, he said an "attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being.
STOP LYING:

" The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

Albert Einstein
thetruth

Windsor, UK

#9611 Mar 21, 2015
Further proof that Einstein was Atheist:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms."

-- Albert Einstein, obituary in New York Times, 19 April 1955, quoted from James A Haught, "Breaking the Last Taboo" (1996)

Religious liars are dumb, that's why they want to claim a genius for their cult.
Freebird

United States

#9612 Mar 21, 2015
thetruth wrote:
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms."
-- Albert Einstein, obituary in New York Times, 19 April 1955, quoted from James A Haught, "Breaking the Last Taboo" (1996)
Religious liars are dumb, that's why they want to claim a genius for their cult.
The poster claimed Einstein was agnostic.
That does not equate to claiming him as a member in any particular religion.
Considering your inflamatory language you might want to examine the causes of your own bias.
thetruth

Windsor, UK

#9613 Mar 21, 2015
Freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster claimed Einstein was agnostic.
That does not equate to claiming him as a member in any particular religion.
Considering your inflamatory language you might want to examine the causes of your own bias.
The poster is a creationist troll, who has claims that Einstein is religious in the past.

He didn't just do that for the first time, it is a deliberate campaign, along with other creationist posters.

Unless you challegenge religious spam, it will not go away.

Its actually your attitude that permits people like this, and sways lay people's opinions towards ignorance of Einsteins actual beliefs.

Since: Mar 15

Chennai, India

#9614 Mar 21, 2015
Gods were atheists.
And the foolish humans who gave them religious identity are not!
Gods were just humans once!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#9615 Mar 21, 2015
thetruth wrote:
----------

You are simply implying that Einstein was a liar. When he was asked if he was an atheist, his answer was, "Absolutely not.!" True that he couldn't refer to God as a person but, an atheist he could never have been. You must be an atheist trying to bring Einstein into your circle. Too bad for you because he was a Jew and, when asked if he believed in God, he said that all his life was trying to catch God at His work of Creation. At the time he was working on a formula about the expansion of the universe. Joking or not, he associated the expansion of the universe with Creation.
thetruth

Windsor, UK

#9616 Mar 22, 2015
sangili karuppan wrote:
Gods were atheists.
And the foolish humans who gave them religious identity are not!
Gods were just humans once!
Complete bollocks, wishy washy thinking and you know it.

Lazy thoughts, lazy thinking from gulliuble idiots who like the sound of words and poetry but couldn't think to save their lives.
thetruth

Windsor, UK

#9617 Mar 22, 2015
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
You are simply implying that Einstein was a liar. When he was asked if he was an atheist, his answer was, "Absolutely not.!" True that he couldn't refer to God as a person but, an atheist he could never have been. You must be an atheist trying to bring Einstein into your circle. Too bad for you because he was a Jew and, when asked if he believed in God, he said that all his life was trying to catch God at His work of Creation. At the time he was working on a formula about the expansion of the universe. Joking or not, he associated the expansion of the universe with Creation.
Einstein was an Atheist, he said it himself in numerous quotes.

There's no such thing as god, religious liars want to claim Einstein for themselves, because they want to cover up for the fact that their cults are dumb.

Go to any religious cult and they will throw Einstein bullsh*t at you. It is because they cannot prove their gods and they need Einstien's genius weight to convince people of their religious lies.

Wake the f*ck up, there's no god and religious liars are fraudulent people with a disease that can be treated if they voluntarily go to a doctor.
thetruth

Windsor, UK

#9618 Mar 22, 2015
Insecurity complex is faced by all religions - they are dumb and based on lies, that is why they have an orgasm anyone smart believes in god, because 99% of smart people don't.

Delhi, India

#9619 Mar 22, 2015
thetruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Complete bollocks, wishy washy thinking and you know it.
Lazy thoughts, lazy thinking from gulliuble idiots who like the sound of words and poetry but couldn't think to save their lives.
Your words reflected your incapable mind to capture what I actually meant.

I am an Atheist Mr.Underestimater! And a hater of Religion's.
Its a fact with common people like you who always misinterpret God's were some supernatural powers!
I don't know who you mention as GOD's.

But we, to us those God's we worship were just our ancestors who possessed higher level of wisdom.

Anyways you tried your best, whatever you said about me is just your own view of thinking about people and shall be known as "YOUR OPINION".
I think you may be matured enough to deserve not this
"MIND YOUR WORDS"
Thanks.
thetruth

Windsor, UK

#9620 Mar 22, 2015
sangili karuppan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words reflected your incapable mind to capture what I actually meant.
I am an Atheist Mr.Underestimater! And a hater of Religion's.
Its a fact with common people like you who always misinterpret God's were some supernatural powers!
I don't know who you mention as GOD's.
But we, to us those God's we worship were just our ancestors who possessed higher level of wisdom.
Anyways you tried your best, whatever you said about me is just your own view of thinking about people and shall be known as "YOUR OPINION".
I think you may be matured enough to deserve not this
"MIND YOUR WORDS"
Thanks.
You lie, cry & whine and call me a hater, when it is YOU LOT who can't answer a simple question of where is your proof?

You have lied for far too long, and only now, people are waking up and questioning your god bullsh*t.

You owe it to the rest of society to be responsible for your ridiculous beliefs, especially conidering you want everyone to believe in your BS without proof.

Humans are better than that, sorry to tell you to your face, when so many people try to act polite about your ignorant beliefs and way of life.

Chennai, India

#9621 Mar 22, 2015
thetruth wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie, cry & whine and call me a hater, when it is YOU LOT who can't answer a simple question of where is your proof?
You have lied for far too long, and only now, people are waking up and questioning your god bullsh*t.
You owe it to the rest of society to be responsible for your ridiculous beliefs, especially conidering you want everyone to believe in your BS without proof.
Humans are better than that, sorry to tell you to your face, when so many people try to act polite about your ignorant beliefs and way of life.
:)
If u still have a slightest feeling that I lie, cry and whin, then you are misjudging.
Be clear that nothing benefits me to throw a lie that you call mine statements.

I had no intention to debate here or I wish not to get into a irrelevant quarrel with you!
I had put forward the facts for consideration!
Try to post your opinions in a proper way! Its easy to say someone is lying!

And I had no question from you yet which I missed to answer as you said,
Recheck again and clarify are you meant to ask that to someone else here.
If not ask me a direct proper question, I welcome that!

I am never into any mythical Gods as in the stories you hate!
I pray my forefathers and they are my gods!

Seems you have not used little brain to think about what I'm saying instead you are so eager to disgrace it!

I have no wish to be a participant among those who nowadays try hard to prove that they are the best among the smartass*s, people today are haunted with that useless identity. Its not good to act smart in everything.
You will be entrapped into a fence with your known limited world!

You are the boss here Mr.
Dont be worry, no will come to take that worthless seat here!
Bye
thetruth

Windsor, UK

#9623 Mar 22, 2015
sangili karuppan wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
If u still have a slightest feeling that I lie, cry and whin, then you are misjudging.
Be clear that nothing benefits me to throw a lie that you call mine statements.
I had no intention to debate here or I wish not to get into a irrelevant quarrel with you!
I had put forward the facts for consideration!
And I had no question from you yet which I missed to answer as you said,
Recheck again and clarify are you meant to ask that to someone else here.
If not ask me a direct proper question, I welcome that!
I am never into any mythical Gods as in the stories you hate!
I pray my forefathers and they are my gods!
Seems you have not used little brain to think about what I'm saying instead you are so eager to disgrace it!
I have no wish to be a participant among those who nowadays try hard to prove that they are the best among the smartass*s, people today are haunted with that useless identity. Its not good to act smart in everything.
You will be entrapped into a fence with your known limited world!
You are the boss here Mr.
Dont be worry, no will come to take that worthless seat here!
Bye
Complete bullsh*t. You may sit down now.

Chennai, India

#9625 Mar 22, 2015
thetruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Complete bullsh*t. You may sit down now.
I already gave up Mr.limited edition.
You are a blind with unstable mind.
thetruth

Windsor, UK

#9626 Mar 22, 2015
sangili karuppan wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a good idea to shaddap once in a while.

Chennai, India

#9627 Mar 22, 2015
thetruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a good idea to shaddap once in a while.
U have picked a piece of bullish*t Mr.
Wash your hand of this weirdness
:p

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#9628 Mar 22, 2015
thetruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein was an Atheist, he said it himself in numerous quotes.
There's no such thing as god, religious liars want to claim Einstein for themselves, because they want to cover up for the fact that their cults are dumb.
Go to any religious cult and they will throw Einstein bullsh*t at you. It is because they cannot prove their gods and they need Einstien's genius weight to convince people of their religious lies.
Wake the f*ck up, there's no god and religious liars are fraudulent people with a disease that can be treated if they voluntarily go to a doctor.
Einstein was not an atheist.......http://en.wikipe dia.org/wiki/Religious_views_o f_Albert_Einstein

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min June VanDerMark 599,813
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Buck Crick 864,913
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 min bad bob 177,611
"This is A.C.! I have Walter in the car!! He's ... 1 min Doctor REALITY 3
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min Student 40,886
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min RADEKT 272,419
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 1 min Frannie 44
The Christian Atheist debate 6 hr Justice League_ 2,009
White Lives MATTER 13 hr Burke Devlin 113
More from around the web