Who is an atheist?

Who is an atheist?

There are 9494 comments on the The Sydney Morning Herald story from May 30, 2010, titled Who is an atheist?. In it, The Sydney Morning Herald reports that:

In my last blog there was a moderately spectacular blue between various parties .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sydney Morning Herald.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#8588 Nov 23, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>You're full of sh*t you lying creationist troll. Nobody believes a word you have to say, spend your time back at your "church" educating your fellow idiots about how not to spread your disgusting and dishonest cult.
Why do you care? What are you going to do about it? Your not getting rid of it.

Location hidden

#8589 Nov 23, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Says the lying Creationist who previously stated that all atheists are child molestors and nazis.

Go away you lying scum, nobody wants to join your failed and ridiculous cult of similar liars.
Prove that I said ALL atheists are child molesters and Nazis. You talk about proof and you project so much now prove yourself. If you don't, that makes you a liar, scum, and a low life. We shall wait.

Location hidden

#8590 Nov 23, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps the vast preponderance of evidence.

And since when does Shana, or anyone else, have to justify their opinion by describing what they've "done for this world", and what does that even mean?
Again it doesn't matter about what you consider evidence. It's not like you did those experiments. Many religious people have done great things but all you can do is bring out what they have done wrong. But my argument is, it's their right to believe like its yours not to. So why does it matter?

Location hidden

#8591 Nov 23, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter.

Everyone has the right to believe anything they want.
And everyone else has the right to find it #ucking hilarious.

Apologies to Ricky Gervais...
So apparently putting down what people believe is your method of comedy? Well you're acting dumb. But again, what have you done for people? Probably nothing.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#8592 Nov 23, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
So apparently putting down what people believe is your method of comedy? Well you're acting dumb. But again, what have you done for people? Probably nothing.
Stupidity deserves to be put down and you are a prime example of stupidity.

Godbots come to these threads to spread pure BS and then for scream for respect and then wounder why you don't get it.

Location hidden

#8593 Nov 23, 2012
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>Stupidity deserves to be put down and you are a prime example of stupidity.

Godbots come to these threads to spread pure BS and then for scream for respect and then wounder why you don't get it.
What BS did I spread? Am I preaching to you? Am I trying to convince you about religion? I believe stupidity comes from you since you assume too much. Lol! Again, what do you gain from it? I don't care if you respect me or not, I just wonder why you spend so much time on people who believe. Why does it matter? I don't care if you believe or not, but I do care about the freedom to do so. Lol! Do you care about your freedom?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#8594 Nov 23, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you care? What are you going to do about it? Your not getting rid of it.
Unbelievers don't have to get rid of anything.

Fundamentalists have painted themselves into a rapidly-shrinking corner, and the whole mess is dying a rapid (if long overdue) death, all by itself.

Wanna know what's killing off your nonsense even faster than you are?

Google.

The Borderland of Sol

#8595 Nov 23, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Again it doesn't matter about what you consider evidence. It's not like you did those experiments. Many religious people have done great things but all you can do is bring out what they have done wrong. But my argument is, it's their right to believe like its yours not to. So why does it matter?
You're right, I didn't do "all those experiments". I don't need to.

Drop a thermometer into boiling water, you'll get a reading of 100°C.

Every time.

Create enough friction in inflammable material, you'll get fire.

Those are two that I have done, BTW.

You'll lose because science works. Prayer doesn't.

The Borderland of Sol

#8596 Nov 23, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Just that he said it better, so I paraphrased him.

Again, what does someone else's life have to do with whether they're right?
Adam

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#8597 Nov 23, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Wanna know what's killing off your nonsense even faster than you are?
Google.
True. The internet is killing off religion. Religion can only survive in a bubble. Christianity is trying to adapt to new circumstances, but cannot evolve quick enough.

Location hidden

#8598 Nov 23, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Unbelievers don't have to get rid of anything.

Fundamentalists have painted themselves into a rapidly-shrinking corner, and the whole mess is dying a rapid (if long overdue) death, all by itself.

Wanna know what's killing off your nonsense even faster than you are?

Google.
Again you hope. So I guess you believe everything posted on Google? I bet you believe Wikipedia too! Lol! No one is dying out, to many things will happen in the future like Hispanics being the majority and you know how religious they are.

Location hidden

#8599 Nov 23, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, I didn't do "all those experiments". I don't need to.

Drop a thermometer into boiling water, you'll get a reading of 100°C.

Every time.

Create enough friction in inflammable material, you'll get fire.

Those are two that I have done, BTW.

You'll lose because science works. Prayer doesn't.
Again who is competing with you? I don't care what you believe or don't believe, it's about people's choice. Why does it matter so much to you why people believe in God? There's nothing you can do about it. What have you done to help others?

Location hidden

#8600 Nov 23, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Just that he said it better, so I paraphrased him.

Again, what does someone else's life have to do with whether they're right?
The point is, it shouldn't matter what people believe. It shouldn't matter if you don't believe. It's the freedom of religion or from religion that is the issue. That alone is enough for all of us to choose. Why should anything else's matter?

Location hidden

#8601 Nov 23, 2012
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>True. The internet is killing off religion. Religion can only survive in a bubble. Christianity is trying to adapt to new circumstances, but cannot evolve quick enough.
If you believe everything that is being posted. Most posts about religion are done by atheist and atheist are still the minority. No offense because that's not my purpose. My purpose is why should you care. That's all.
toadmann

Masontown, PA

#8602 Nov 23, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
well who's not a atheist?

The Borderland of Sol

#8603 Nov 23, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you hope. So I guess you believe everything posted on Google? I bet you believe Wikipedia too! Lol! No one is dying out, to many things will happen in the future like Hispanics being the majority and you know how religious they are.
I used "Google" as meiosis - presenting a part as a symbol of the whole.
Like "Hand" for a member of a crew, or "Head" for the whole cow.

The point is, instant access to information is killing fundamentalism in a most heartening way.

The Borderland of Sol

#8604 Nov 23, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, it shouldn't matter what people believe. It shouldn't matter if you don't believe. It's the freedom of religion or from religion that is the issue. That alone is enough for all of us to choose. Why should anything else's matter?
I already pointed out that it doesn't matter.

You may believe in anything you want - I don't care.

But if you're raising fundamentalist kids, they're gonna lose to my kids.

Because in the real world, science works.

Location hidden

#8605 Nov 23, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I used "Google" as meiosis - presenting a part as a symbol of the whole.
Like "Hand" for a member of a crew, or "Head" for the whole cow.

The point is, instant access to information is killing fundamentalism in a most heartening way.
Oh great, you are using the educational barrier. Hispanics, the minority will soon be the majority in 2042 and I guarantee meiosis is happening already for that to occur. But here's the point, what difference does it make? You live your life, I live mine, and others live there's. Again, it's their right to choose.

Location hidden

#8606 Nov 23, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I already pointed out that it doesn't matter.

You may believe in anything you want - I don't care.

But if you're raising fundamentalist kids, they're gonna lose to my kids.

Because in the real world, science works.
Why is this a competition to you? What will happen if one of your kids believe in God? Are you going to make fun of him/her? Do you really give them the choice? That is pretty immature there.

The Borderland of Sol

#8607 Nov 23, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great, you are using the educational barrier. Hispanics, the minority will soon be the majority in 2042 and I guarantee meiosis is happening already for that to occur. But here's the point, what difference does it make? You live your life, I live mine, and others live there's. Again, it's their right to choose.
You're becoming tiresome.
I don't give a rat's patoot whether Hispanics are a majority.
I speak Spanish, and have no difficulty with 'em.
What "educational barrier"?
And even though I gave you a #ucking definition, you still don't know what "meiosis" is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min Liberal Guerilla 80,930
May 25 2018 Bold N Beautiful Queston 10 min Soap fan 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min AbeSavdByFaith AN... 701,775
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min Prince of Darkness 995,835
Not havin" 'Iggy' ain't gone be NO EXCUSE 4 War... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Tronald Dump's Fascist NAZI Coup d'Etat 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 7
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr doG mnaDed lyoH i... 448,425