Rosie O'Donnell Leaving "The View"

Full story: CBS News

Rosie O'Donnell announced the news of her departure from "The View" on the show Wednesday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 814 Comments Last updated Oct 27, 2013
First Prev
of 41
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

NW Arkansas Walmart-Land

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

I may just cry.... NOT!

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

She says she wanted to stay for one more year and they wanted three, so she chose to leave. Looks like if they wanted her that bad, they would have renegotiated. I understand that they wanted to lock in her price for 3 years. Must not have wanted her that bad...lol
Observer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Couldn't come to terms in their negotiations with Rosie says ABC?? What a laughable crock. ABC made a deal with her. Rosie leaves with the contract negotiation excuse and we won't fire her loud, foul-mouthed butt and embarrass her any further than she already has done to herself.

Rosie O'Donnell is a low level, poor quality comedian. She is not funny. She cannot act. She is loud and obnoxious. Her opinions are suspect and do not represent to opinions/values of most Americans. And her presence on television, big screen, or anywhere in the media is a waste of film and/or time. We need less Rosie O'Donnells in this world and thankfully, her 15 minutes of questionable fame are finally up. Thank you. There must be a God after all.
Just an average American

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Good riddance! I'm tired of her vicious anger, resentment of traditional values, her trash mouth, vulgar presence, and disrespect of all that made America great. Maybe she can find a job hauling trash; it's what she does best!

AKA

“I don't give a hoot in Hell ”

Blue Rock, Montana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

It seems failure follows this woman. Maybe if she shut that fat cake cruncher, she could succeed. She thinks that she represented the vice of women, she is father from the truth. Best wishes for your next failure.
lucy

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

sure Rosie save face
they wanted rid of your ass ! lol
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
She says she wanted to stay for one more year and they wanted three, so she chose to leave. Looks like if they wanted her that bad, they would have renegotiated. I understand that they wanted to lock in her price for 3 years. Must not have wanted her that bad...lol
1 vs. 3? That's it? Right.

What we are not being told is what conditions were
attached to the 3 ... like learning how to "play
well with others" and agreeing to being able to
be fired without further compensation if her
continuing rants and rambles damage ratings,
lose advertisers, or embarass the corporation
any further.
Tommy

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Just how much do you pay an idiot?
Jimmy Crack Corn

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Funny what happens to some people who come out of the closet,..they think they own the whole house. If you remember, at one time Rosie was appealing and didn't tout her fat lesbian ass to everybody. Now is a different story.....she's disgusting. Ellen DeGeneros, now she's COOL!!!! Glad to see Rosie gone...go take your gay cruise and maybe try jumping off the ship while you're at it.
VfV

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

This is actually a shame. Although I disagree with Don Imus' view on just about everything, his firing can be perceived as a legitimate business decision--his advertisers were abandoning ship--and not so much a backlash against his "nappy-headed h-" remark and subsequent imbroglio, although obviously thats what the sponsorship evacuations were born from.

Rosie is unconventional, straight-forward, cut-throat, and honest about her stance. She obviously has never sugarcoated anything. If not for work, I would probably be a sporadic viewer of the show for her real-world rants alone. She should definitely get a show on HBO a la Bill Maher or Chris Rock. Don't keep her censored. Unleash the fury.

(Note: Isn't it sad how I had to censor myself by typing "h-" instead of spelling out the word out completely. It is a travesty that even in this day in age, quoting someone else's musings can be interpreted as catering to that person's cause and encouraging their blasphemous bits)
HairyGuy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Rosie did mention topics & issues that needed to be said. 9/11 for one, the collaspe of building # 7, etc..she was only the messenger. Keep on thinking that plane fuel melted the steel in less than 10 seconds to bring down the Twin Towers, I have some swamp land in Florida I wish to sell you.

“Searching for the True America”

Dallas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Okay, okay, all you cons have gotten your way.

Well....

Well.... just remember, you won't have Rosie to kick around anymore.

This is indeed a dark day for American television and our culture.

So long Rosie...:-)

AKA

“I don't give a hoot in Hell ”

Blue Rock, Montana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Bubba Lost in America wrote:
Okay, okay, all you cons have gotten your way.
Well....
Well.... just remember, you won't have Rosie to kick around anymore.
This is indeed a dark day for American television and our culture.
So long Rosie...:-)
I think Bubba has been drinking the bong water again.
Observer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

I can't decide who is the bigger moron? HairyGuy or Bubba.....both are consistent blathering idiots on Topix. Maybe someday Rosie will buy an island and start her own country of "out of touch" freaks and Topix Trolls. I say, "HairyGuy for Minister of Disinformation/Propaganda " and "Bubba for Minister of Culture/Values."
Florence Balin

Tunnel, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

It will be a sad day when Rosie will no longer be on Air. I think she is great. I admire her spunk and convictions---she tells it the way it is. It's a shame more people in this country are not as forthright as Rosie is....she has taken a lot of insults and humiliation from creeps like Donald Turner, but just keeps a stiff upper lip and doesn't let the ignorance of her distractors get her down. Viva la Rosie! Long Live Rosie!

Since: Dec 06

GREEN LANE, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

The woman has mental problems. Can't we see that?
jorosa

Westwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

that crusty ass walters is responsible,she did not look unhappy when she announced rosie's departure.the next to go is joy she is useless piece of furniture.
woohoo!this is the beginning of the end for the view.she gave rosie the same dose of medicine she gave star.good luck rosie,you are loved and funny.

“Time flies like an arrow...”

Since: Mar 07

"fruit flies like a banana"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Florence Balin wrote:
It will be a sad day when Rosie will no longer be on Air.
They didn't tell her to stop breathing it, they just told her to stop showing up. She's still "on air" unless she has learned to breathe helium.
Florence Balin wrote:
I think she is great.
I think she is a great big loud mouth.
Florence Balin wrote:
I admire her spunk and convictions---she tells it the way it is.
She tells it the way she THINKS it is. Rarely does she tell anything the way it TRULY is.
Florence Balin wrote:
It's a shame more people in this country are not as forthright as Rosie is
There are many, many forthright people in this country. They don't have a TV show.
Florence Balin wrote:
....she has taken a lot of insults and humiliation from creeps like Donald Turner...
Trump, not Turner. She started the fracas with Trump by publicly making fun of his physical appearance and his business practices. When he replied in kind, she cried "foul"!
Florence Balin wrote:
...but just keeps a stiff upper lip...
That's the only "stiff" thing she can get.
Florence Balin wrote:
and doesn't let the ignorance of her distractors get her down. Viva la Rosie! Long Live Rosie!
Detractors, not distractors. Good riddance, Rosie, and don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Dallas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

AKA wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Bubba has been drinking the bong water again.
I quit drinking the bong water many years ago.

I still own my bong however, just in case.

You never know....:-)

Dallas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2007

Observer wrote:
I can't decide who is the bigger moron? HairyGuy or Bubba.....both are consistent blathering idiots on Topix. Maybe someday Rosie will buy an island and start her own country of "out of touch" freaks and Topix Trolls. I say, "HairyGuy for Minister of Disinformation/Propaganda " and "Bubba for Minister of Culture/Values."
Why this is outrageous!!!

A moron? A blathering idiot?

How dare you!!

Oh wait a minute. I see you nominated me for Minister of Culture/Values. Why thank you!!

I shall not place a clown curse upon you.

At least not today....:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 41
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessari... 729,659
Miley Cyrus = the perfect role model 12 min Same o is getting... 6
Obama and his RACE BAITING Ferguson conventions 14 min Same o is getting... 1
FERGUSON, MISSOURI: Same o' same o' 17 min Same o is getting... 8
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min -Web 259,064
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 22 min NoStress4me 441,065
GMO foods and you! 28 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 83
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min atemcowboy 536,885
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr joonie 117,742
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Just 103

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••