prove that homosexuality is wrong.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#26729 May 12, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that everything is here-say rather than concrete, verifiable proof.
Really, tell me what you consider concrete proof to be.

Location hidden

#26730 May 12, 2013
The biggest mistake on saying that the bible didn't say this or that is most people don't understand that back then many things were remembered when given orally and back then people had a unique ability to remember thingss far more than we have because of the tools we have now have replaced the need for rememberance as they were able to do. Many people would forget the name of someone who just told them their name, right? So remember the accuracy of the information they kept and told to others were very accurate.

Location hidden

#26731 May 12, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You are using the Bible to justify your hatred. What do you say to that?
Hey WasteWater, hope all is well. Another day to speak our minds and I do appreciate you doing this more than you'll ever know, because this is how we both learn as you already know, so thank you. I say my friend you're wrong. Pleas explain a little more on how I'm doing this if you will because I actually think your question is a good question that needs to be expanded further, I think I know what you're saying but I simply want to be accurate.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#26732 May 12, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
The biggest mistake on saying that the bible didn't say this or that is most people don't understand that back then many things were remembered when given orally and back then people had a unique ability to remember thingss far more than we have because of the tools we have now have replaced the need for rememberance as they were able to do. Many people would forget the name of someone who just told them their name, right? So remember the accuracy of the information they kept and told to others were very accurate.
the biggest mistake as I see it, is people trying to impose Biblical law on everyone in this nation, because not all of us believe in the bible.

I see no valid reason not to allow homosexuals the rights and benefits of marriage.
Fact: homosexuals exist
Fact: Society benefits when adults enter stable relationships

How does allowing same sex marriage negatively impact society and any other citizen?

there is a simple solution for those who don't believe in same sex marriage: DON'T MARRY SOMEONE OF THE SAME SEX

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26734 May 12, 2013
<quoted text> Really, tell me what you consider concrete proof to be.
That which is readily verifiable, tangible, and non-ontological.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26735 May 12, 2013
<quoted text> Hey WasteWater, hope all is well. Another day to speak our minds and I do appreciate you doing this more than you'll ever know, because this is how we both learn as you already know, so thank you. I say my friend you're wrong. Pleas explain a little more on how I'm doing this if you will because I actually think your question is a good question that needs to be expanded further, I think I know what you're saying but I simply want to be accurate.
Thank you for your respectful reply.

What I do know from talking to thousands of LGBT people and also heterosexuals, that people's sexual orientation is simply how they are. That's just the way it is. I also know that Christianity is supposed to be about love and compassion. The act of using the Bible to chastise people for who they are is a hateful act, no matter how well intended. It is the same as passing remarks about fat people or disabled people. It isn't nice.

I'm sure you are a very good person and have the best of intentions.

Peace be with you.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#26736 May 12, 2013
Noah placed a curse on Canaan for his despicable sin against him. Jude 7 says,“Even Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner; giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh. Are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.” Moses wasn't needed as you can clearly see.
Jude's reference to going after "strange flesh" is not a mention of homosexuality or even same sex behavior. It is a reference to a work which didn't make it into the Christian Old Testament, but was well known among 1st Century Jews, the Testament of the Twelve Patriarchs. It is a work which expands a number of the stories in Genesis, as it details the lineage of the twelve tribes. In the Testament of Naphtali, the story behind the odd passing reference found in Genesis 6:4 is explained. Sodom also existed in the days before the flood and it was the women of Sodom who were the daughters of men who had sex with the sons of God and bore them children. They were bonking angels, hence the strange flesh.

Location hidden

#26737 May 12, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
the biggest mistake as I see it, is people trying to impose Biblical law on everyone in this nation, because not all of us believe in the bible.
I see no valid reason not to allow homosexuals the rights and benefits of marriage.
Fact: homosexuals exist
Fact: Society benefits when adults enter stable relationships
How does allowing same sex marriage negatively impact society and any other citizen?
there is a simple solution for those who don't believe in same sex marriage: DON'T MARRY SOMEONE OF THE SAME SEX
Being gay causes more than just being a sin in God's eyes. God knows the problems it will cause on all people. First there's the fact that gay people are obviously not christians and this will have an impact on people in and of itself. It will destroy the structure of what real marriage is all about in our lives which has been since time began. Then you have psychiatric problems on people because of the sense that life isn't normal anymore, and it wont be. The behaviour of people will change for the worse,, because the fact that most people do not condone the gay lifestyle, and those who don't, unfortunately will become more irritable and retaliation of gay people will increase. More sinful acts will increase because of gay marriage, such as rape, abnormal sexual behaviours and on and on. You remember Sodom and Gomorrah how the gay lifestyle included including rape, gang rape,and sexual torture, living simply for pleasure instead of hope in Jesus. Medical issues, family problems that will be unique only because of gay marriage. Children having two men or two women as parents, which will cause undue stress on kids. Family traditions that you and I cherish will begin to be overtaken. Look at Ellen Degeneres on how her appearance has changed to the point that she looks like a man, compared to how she looked just 10 years ago. Determing in some gay marriages who becomes the mom or dad. Entire generations will be changed from this type of marriage. There will be problems of all sorts that many people aren't even aware of. Laws will have to be changed in the future in every city, state, and federal level to accomodate these people, and this will be a chaotic task to acheive.Again the problem is this lifestyle brings down God's way of life which he knows what we need more than we do. People becoming lawless and life for christians will be even more difficult, not to mention those who are lost but having to fight their way to find the truth in a world gone wrong. Mother and daughter relationships, son and dad relationships, things women do together, things men do together. Bonding with your son or daughter will become a thing that will cause emeotional problems for sure. Mothers day, Father's day, boy and girl scouting, in other words every single thing you and I have always cherished will be changed simply to allow gay people to live a life of sin. The beauty of a marriage in which a married couple start a family the way it was meant to be, gay people cant do this obviously. Adopting kids, and increase in young girls selling their babies for the gay couples and these kids growing up in a dysfunctional lifestyle isn't what they need. The crime rate for domestic abuse will be the same for gay people also. So yes there's more to it than just saying God says it's a sin, much much more.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#26738 May 12, 2013
Being gay causes more than just being a sin in God's eyes. God knows the problems it will cause on all people. First there's the fact that gay people are obviously not christians and this will have an impact on people in and of itself.
While it may be "obvious" to YOU that gays are not Christian, you are not God, it is HIS call as to who gets His Christianity right and who doesn't, not yours. Once again you are substituting what you pray for, for what God actually believes and answering for Him.
It will destroy the structure of what real marriage is all about in our lives which has been since time began.
You really know NOTHING about the history of marriage, do you? If the "structure:" of "real marriage" cannot withstand the existence of legal same sex marriage, that doesn't speak well of the competence of those in those so-called "real marriages", now does it?
Then you have psychiatric problems on people because of the sense that life isn't normal anymore, and it wont be.
Heterosexuality makes you prone to anxiety disorders in self-induced uncomfortable situations? Wow, learn something new every day. Here I thought it was just a learning disorder.
The behaviour of people will change for the worse,, because the fact that most people do not condone the gay lifestyle, and those who don't, unfortunately will become more irritable and retaliation of gay people will increase.
There will be backlash and sadly even violence from heterosexual loons with piss poor adult coping skills, but that is no reason to deny us equality in the eyes of the law, it is actually a damn good reason to ensure it.
More sinful acts will increase because of gay marriage, such as rape, abnormal sexual behaviours and on and on.
Your proof of this would be what exactly? Legal same sex marriages have been taking place in various places for more than a decade now. which of these have gone to hell in your particular hand basket?
You remember Sodom and Gomorrah how the gay lifestyle included including rape, gang rape,and sexual torture, living simply for pleasure instead of hope in Jesus.
Sweetie, comments like this make me wonder if you have actually read a Bible. Whoa.
Medical issues, family problems that will be unique only because of gay marriage.
Dear, there are medical issues and family problems that will be and always have been unique to opposite sex marriage. was there a point?
Children having two men or two women as parents, which will cause undue stress on kids.
Only from prolonged exposure to folk like you.
Family traditions that you and I cherish will begin to be overtaken.
Paranoia?
Look at Ellen Degeneres..
At this point it's just ass dismissed and you might want to consider professional help.

Location hidden

#26739 May 12, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>While it may be "obvious" to YOU that gays are not Christian, you are not God, it is HIS call as to who gets His Christianity right and who doesn't, not yours. Once again you are substituting what you pray for, for what God actually believes and answering for Him. <quoted text>You really know NOTHING about the history of marriage, do you? If the "structure:" of "real marriage" cannot withstand the existence of legal same sex marriage, that doesn't speak well of the competence of those in those so-called "real marriages", now does it? <quoted text>Heterosexuality makes you prone to anxiety disorders in self-induced uncomfortable situations? Wow, learn something new every day. Here I thought it was just a learning disorder. <quoted text>There will be backlash and sadly even violence from heterosexual loons with piss poor adult coping skills, but that is no reason to deny us equality in the eyes of the law, it is actually a damn good reason to ensure it. <quoted text>Your proof of this would be what exactly? Legal same sex marriages have been taking place in various places for more than a decade now. which of these have gone to hell in your particular hand basket? <quoted text>Sweetie, comments like this make me wonder if you have actually read a Bible. Whoa. <quoted text>Dear, there are medical issues and family problems that will be and always have been unique to opposite sex marriage. was there a point? <quoted text>Only from prolonged exposure to folk like you. <quoted text>Paranoia? <quoted text> At this point it's just ass dismissed and you might want to consider professional help.
The bible is clear on being gay, it's a sin, it's as simple as that. The bible clearly tells us who will be going to heaven. It's not whay I say, because what I say is what the bible says. Your upset for me for simply putting down what God says about being gay, are you telling me that the bible says being gay isn't a sin, if you are then prove it. Prove to me by showing me in the bible where it says being gay is a ok, you and I both know you cant, so why do you defend gay marriage when the bible says it's an abomination, explain to me why you do this. Your anger is at God , not me, because it's not what I say,it's what God says. Don't try to say it's up to God who got it right or not because that's untrue, because if youcan read the bible than anyone can see it's a sin. Trying to make it seem that people can't comprehend the basic truth on what God says on being gay is ridiculous. There's no misinterpreting at all, even a child of five can get the fact that God disapproves of people being gay, and you know it.You may want it to mean different but it will never happen, you're living in a delusion if you think God approves of people being gay.

Location hidden

#26740 May 12, 2013
The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). Romans 1:26-27 teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God does not create a person with homosexual desires. The Bible tells us that people become homosexuals because of sin (Romans 1:24-27) and ultimately because of their own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger/rage, does that make it right for him to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true with homosexuality.

However, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is just as available to a homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/homosexuality-Bib...

Location hidden

#26741 May 12, 2013
Leviticus 18
Unlawful Sexual Relations
1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them:'I am the LORD your God. 3 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. 4 You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the LORD your God. 5 Keep my decrees and laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. I am the LORD.

6 " 'No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the LORD.

7 " 'Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.

8 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your father's wife; that would dishonor your father.

9 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father's daughter or your mother's daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

10 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your son's daughter or your daughter's daughter; that would dishonor you.

11 " 'Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father's wife, born to your father; she is your sister.

12 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your father's sister; she is your father's close relative.

13 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your mother's sister, because she is your mother's close relative.

14 " 'Do not dishonor your father's brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.

15 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son's wife; do not have relations with her.

16 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your brother's wife; that would dishonor your brother.

17 " 'Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son's daughter or her daughter's daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.

18 " 'Do not take your wife's sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.

19 " 'Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.

20 " 'Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor's wife and defile yourself with her.

21 " 'Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed [a] to Molech, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the LORD.

22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

23 " 'Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

If you can't understand this then you have some serious comprehension problems. Deny all you want and think that it's not true, or it's not meaning what it says or people are misinterpreting it, no it means what it says, that being gay is a SIN.

Location hidden

#26745 May 13, 2013
Adam wrote:
Homosexuals argue that Sodom and Gomorrah is not about homosexuality, it´s about gang rape and what is prohibited in the bible is to rape the men but if they have sex with same gender and if it´s done with consent there is nothing wrong. How foolish they are. Homosexuals try to claim that the religions don´t reject homosexuality. Well they don´t understand semitic languages they haven´t understood with anything that the bible and the quran has come with and to be honest because they are blind because the quran says if someone begins to engage in this type of actions they become blind.Blind means not being able to see what is right and what is wrong.
From the story of Lot in Sodom we learn that God saved Lot and the righteous ones of his family, and rained on the rest a shower of brimstone, so they were utterly destroyed. This is mentioned in the Bible and Qur'an not only for the sake of information, but mainly to serve as a warning to anyone who dares to repeat such acts
Yes youre right as most gay people live in denial that the bible or God says that being gay is a sin. Sodom and Gomorrah consisted of many many sexual types of atrocities. They were consumed with lust and self, instead of God.
HumanSpirit

Lake Butler, FL

#26746 May 13, 2013
Mind drugs prescribed by the Mental Health Industry is the biggest reason for the chemical imbalance change making a homosexual. Stop the mind drugs and the mental health prescribing and the problem will disappear.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#26748 May 13, 2013
<quoted text> My friend, yes I understand what being gay means, and I was explaining that you cannot change yourself into another sex fully, meaning, as you were originally born as. The bible clearly states what God says about being gay. I hope this clarifys what I was trying to tell you in a way you can comprehend fully.
I know WHAT you were asking, but you still have not said WHY you were asking it.. since CHANGING YOURSELF INTO ANOTHER SEX HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING GAY and NO ONE ELSE WAS MAKING SUCH A CLAIM. The more you repeat this, the more you highlight your ignorance on what being gay is.

As for your bible and god, please see the very first post in this thread and understand that this thread is NOT ABOUT your belief in ANCIENT MYTHS.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#26749 May 13, 2013
<quoted text> Their only desire is to make what they do to be jutifiable, which they fail to do.
Being gay is not something one does, but something one IS, and it needs no justification... and certainly doesn't need the approval of ignorant, hateful, bigoted hypocrites.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#26750 May 13, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Being gay is not something one does, but something one IS, and it needs no justification... and certainly doesn't need the approval of ignorant, hateful, bigoted hypocrites.
Which is also why we're not hurt by the condescension and disapproval. As important as they fancy themselves, the bigots and hypocrites simply don't matter. Equity train flying down the track and it's completely unstoppable.

Location hidden

#26751 May 13, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your respectful reply.
What I do know from talking to thousands of LGBT people and also heterosexuals, that people's sexual orientation is simply how they are. That's just the way it is. I also know that Christianity is supposed to be about love and compassion. The act of using the Bible to chastise people for who they are is a hateful act, no matter how well intended. It is the same as passing remarks about fat people or disabled people. It isn't nice.
I'm sure you are a very good person and have the best of intentions.
Peace be with you.
So this is wha you're saying to God, not me, as I didn' write the bible/ As a chistian I am commanded to let people see the error of their ways, so they can change and become a christian. How they are is a choice, how they are as a male or female isn't a choice. When one changes their mind to become straight again from being gay shows that being gay is simply a choice.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#26752 May 13, 2013
<quoted text> When one changes their mind to become straight again from being gay shows that being gay is simply a choice.
The notion that one can pray the gay away is ludicrous and offensive. Do you have any idea how many men and women have killed themselves because they thought they weren't praying hard enough? Do you have ANY idea what the actual success rates are in ex-gay programs? How many str8 people are in a program to become gay? When was the exact moment that you chose to be str8?

Being a Christian is NOT about telling others how to live and what to do.

Location hidden

#26753 May 13, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Being gay is no more than a simple choice, just like one who decides not to being gay anymore, you are aware of this, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Huff post is a joke 286,594
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Seentheotherside 687,339
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Wizard Droppings 31,215
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr dotard tracker 987,372
-----*ANTICHRIST on world stage----- 2 hr NewsGlobal 1
strangers f*ck wife in adult theater (Jul '15) 2 hr BandT 16
My "thorn in the flesh" God won't fix....this s... 3 hr Poo Bears 7
More from around the web