prove that homosexuality is wrong.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#26681 May 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul is not a prophet by definition. Jesus speaks of the Law of the Prophets which is universal and never changing. It is about love and compassion. Paul's letters are directed at building a church. They are not Prophetic.
Then let me ask you this, who of the Apostles meet this criteria?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26683 May 8, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just tell this ignorant homosexual kid know that the laws of the prophets were written down in the book of Leviticus and Jesus himself said:
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Jesus disagrees with you on that point. Jesus rejected the Law of Moses in numerous ways. Leviticus is not prophetic utterance. It is written hundreds of years after Moses. It was attributed to Moses as was much of Hebrew Scripture. Besides, it is unlikely you keep the 613 laws and statutes of the Mosaic Code. Jesus called this stuff burdensome laws written by man. Jesus only preached on the Ten Commandments in the synoptic gospels. You are Biblically illiterate.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26684 May 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> Then let me ask you this, who of the Apostles meet this criteria?
None. There is nothing prophetic about Apostles. The word Apostle simply means follower.

a·pos·tle [uh-pos-uhl] Show IPA
noun
1. any of the early followers of Jesus who carried the Christian message into the world.
2.( sometimes initial capital letter ) any of the original 12 disciples called by Jesus to preach the gospel: Simon Peter, the brothers James and John, Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James the son of Alpheus, Thaddaeus, Simon the Zealot, Judas Iscariot.
3. the first or the best-known Christian missionary in any region or country.
4. Eastern Church . one of the 70 disciples of Jesus.
5. the title of the highest ecclesiastical official in certain Protestant sects.

If they were truly followers, they would do what Jesus preached, which would be to limit themselves to the Ten Commandments. Paul was a heretic in some respects.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#26686 May 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And that qualifies you to make a blanket judgment about him?
Smirk.
Yes.

;)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#26687 May 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
None. There is nothing prophetic about Apostles. The word Apostle simply means follower.
a·pos·tle [uh-pos-uhl] Show IPA
noun
1. any of the early followers of Jesus who carried the Christian message into the world.
2.( sometimes initial capital letter ) any of the original 12 disciples called by Jesus to preach the gospel: Simon Peter, the brothers James and John, Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James the son of Alpheus, Thaddaeus, Simon the Zealot, Judas Iscariot.
3. the first or the best-known Christian missionary in any region or country.
4. Eastern Church . one of the 70 disciples of Jesus.
5. the title of the highest ecclesiastical official in certain Protestant sects.
If they were truly followers, they would do what Jesus preached, which would be to limit themselves to the Ten Commandments. Paul was a heretic in some respects.

19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22 In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.(Eph 2:19-22)

4 When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. 6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.(Eph 3:4-6)

What does Grudem teach from these Scriptures about New Testament apostles and prophets? The two bullet points below are a summary of his thoughts:
&#9632;New Testament apostles are equal to the Old Testament prophets in their authority. Therefore, these two groups, NT apostles and OT prophets, are the authoritative recorders of Scripture.
&#9632;Subsequently, New Testament prophets have much less authority than New Testament apostles.
http://prodigalthought.net/2013/04/30/did-nt-...

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#26688 May 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text> The only selecting out were men and women selecting sexual partners for the pleasure of sex with their identical biological sex double.
Huh? WTF is an "identical biological sex double?" Do you think homosexuality is something to do with seeking sex with an identical twin? What are you talking about?
Working for the Lord wrote:
Listen , when you're born you are either male or female and nothing can change that, nothing. No amount of hormone or surgeries can do anything to make you biologically different then when you were born.
Huh? You obviously are confused about what homosexuality even is. It has nothing to do with changing one's gender with hormones or surgery. You may be thinking of transgender people, but you are clearly very ignorant on that subject as well.

I will just ignore all the religious/biblical nonsense, as the beginning of this thread ASKS you to leave it out... and because it has no basis in fact, but just what you happen to believe in SPITE of the facts. You are truly deluded if you think anything you are doing is in service of "the Lord" or a god for which you expect to be compensated in some glorious afterlife. You're welcome to dream on, but some of us prefer to face reality.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#26691 May 8, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
;)
Yeah right.

Come back when you grow up.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#26692 May 8, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome to dream on, but some of us prefer to face reality.
Yeah right.

Smile.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#26693 May 8, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? WTF is an "identical biological sex double?" Do you think homosexuality is something to do with seeking sex with an identical twin? What are you talking about?
<quoted text>
Huh? You obviously are confused about what homosexuality even is. It has nothing to do with changing one's gender with hormones or surgery. You may be thinking of transgender people, but you are clearly very ignorant on that subject as well.
I will just ignore all the religious/biblical nonsense, as the beginning of this thread ASKS you to leave it out... and because it has no basis in fact, but just what you happen to believe in SPITE of the facts. You are truly deluded if you think anything you are doing is in service of "the Lord" or a god for which you expect to be compensated in some glorious afterlife. You're welcome to dream on, but some of us prefer to face reality.
My message was clear, and no I wasn't referring to your bizarre translation of having sex with a twin I was referring to the fact that being gay you cannot change completely into another sex, and yes I feel adequately knowledgeable in understanding what being gay means. I believe you simply didn't read it carefully and that's the reason for your unusual question to me about having sex with a twin. Do you honestly think I care if you feel I'm not doing what I need to be for the Lord, that would be no. I haven't a clue on how to answer this scrambled attempt of yours to speak your mind, try calming down and writing a little more in an ledgible manner and then we can converse.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#26694 May 8, 2013
Adam wrote:
I go down on all the homosexuals.
You've got a Purdy mouth.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26695 May 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22 In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.(Eph 2:19-22)
4 When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. 6 This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.(Eph 3:4-6)
What does Grudem teach from these Scriptures about New Testament apostles and prophets? The two bullet points below are a summary of his thoughts:
&#9632;New Testament apostles are equal to the Old Testament prophets in their authority. Therefore, these two groups, NT apostles and OT prophets, are the authoritative recorders of Scripture.
&#9632;Subsequently, New Testament prophets have much less authority than New Testament apostles.
http://prodigalthought.net/2013/04/30/did-nt-...
Using the same reasoning I am also a prophet.
That's simply an example of circular reasoning. Nobody other than Paul proclaims Paul to be God's messenger. What we do know is that Jesus brings into question the Law of Moses per se.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26696 May 8, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
That´s your own opinion and it´s usually not true.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement contradicts the teaching of Jesus in every way.Go play somewhere else gay baby. Stick your finger in your ass mastrubate do whatever you desire to do just stay out from adult´s talk and grow up.
It's what the Bible says Adam. Why don't you read the book before making a fool out of yourself.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#26697 May 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the same reasoning I am also a prophet.
That's simply an example of circular reasoning. Nobody other than Paul proclaims Paul to be God's messenger. What we do know is that Jesus brings into question the Law of Moses per se.
Paul, an apostle,(not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead)”(Gal. 1:1 KJV). Even though Paul had approval from the eyewitnesses of Jesus' life, nevertheless, Paul claimed that his ultimate authority did not come from humans, but directly from Christ's revelation to him:

"For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ (Gal. 1:11-12)."

Paul himself saw Jesus via revelation on his encounter on the road to Damascus (Acts 9, 22, 26) in which Christ revealed Himself to Paul . He was an eyewitness in the sense of having seen Jesus after his death (1 Cor. 9:1). Therefore, Paul certainly had the authority to teach and preach the Gospel.
I don't understand what you're talking about when you say Jesus brings into question the law of moses.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#26698 May 8, 2013
Some critics of Christianity try and set Paul against Jesus. They will often claim that what Paul taught is not what Jesus said and that present-day Christianity is derived not from Jesus, but from Paul's teaching. This is an erroneous claim that does not fit the facts. It is easy to take various scriptures out of context and try and set one person against another -- as many critics of Christianity have done. Nevertheless, we can confidently expect that Jesus and Paul taught the same thing. Granted, Paul focused more on theological issues than Jesus did, but nothing Paul said is contrary to Christ.
Luke wrote both the Gospel of Luke and the book of Acts. In Acts 9

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#26699 May 8, 2013
Part 2,
In Acts 9 Luke records the events surrounding Paul's conversion. We see that Jesus himself called Paul and sent him to be an apostle. If Paul and Jesus are not in agreement, then why would Jesus call Paul to be his apostle? Jesus is God in flesh and would therefore know all things. Jesus would certainly have known what Paul would teach which, it seems, is one of the reasons Jesus called him.
In addition, we can quickly see by examining what Jesus said we find parallels in what Paul said. Following is a brief alphabetical list comparing the words of Christ with the words of Paul. We can clearly see that they were indeed in agreement and that the critics who would set Paul against Christ don't know what they're talking about.
1.Alive in Christ A.Jesus i."For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes," (John 5:21).
B.Paul i."For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive," (1 Cor. 15:22).
2.Anxiety A.Jesus i."For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body than clothing?" (Matt. 6:25).
B.Paul i."Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God," (Phil. 4:6).
3.Atonement A.Jesus i."I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep," (John 10:11)
B.Paul i."and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma," (Eph. 5:2).
4.Deity of Jesus A.Jesus i."Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am," (John 8:58). Compare with Exodus 3:14, "And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, "I AM has sent me to you."
B.Paul i."For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form," (Col. 2:9). See also, Phil. 2:5-8.
5.Forgiveness A.Jesus i."For if you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you," (Matt. 6:14).
B.Paul i."And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you," (Eph. 4:32).
6.Jesus is the only way A.Jesus i."Jesus said to him, "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me," (John 14:6).
B.Paul i."For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," (1 Tim. 2:5).
7.Justification by faith A.Jesus i."Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life," (John 5:24). See also John 3:16-18; Luke 18:9-13.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#26700 May 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right.
Come back when you grow up.
Smile.
AD HOMINEM! AD HOMINEM! Way to go, Kuntmary.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#26701 May 8, 2013
Part 3,
B.Paul i."Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ," (Rom. 5:1).
8.Law, the A.Jesus i."Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill," (Matt. 5:17).
B.Paul i."Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law," (Rom. 3:31).
ii."What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise," (Gal. 3:17).
9.Law, living the A.Jesus i."You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; 19 Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself," (Matt. 19:18-19).
B.Paul i."Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9 For this, "You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; love therefore is the fulfillment of the law," (Rom. 13:8-10)
10.Predestination A.Jesus i."Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given," (Matt. 19:11).
ii."All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out," (John 6:37).
iii."No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day," (John 6:44).
iv."For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me, unless it has been granted him from the Father," (John 6:65).
B.Paul i."He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will... 11 also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will," (Eph. 1:5,11).
11.Resurrection A.Jesus i."The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men; 23 and they will kill Him, and He will be raised on the third day," (Matt. 17:22-23).
B.Paul i."For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures," (1 Cor. 15:3-4).

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#26702 May 8, 2013
Final part,


12.Rewards and Punishment A.Jesus i."For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels; and will then recompense every man according to his deeds," (Matt. 16:27).

B.Paul i."who will render to every man according to his deeds," (Rom. 2:6).

13.Sinfulness of man A.Jesus i."For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. 20 "These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man," (Matt. 15:19-20).

B.Paul i."There is none who understands, There is none who seeks for God; 12 All have turned aside, together they have become useless; There is none who does good, There is not even one,"(Rom. 3:11-12).

14.Tradition A.Jesus i."And why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?" (Matt. 15:3).

B.Paul i."See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ," (Col. 2:8).

15.Works Righteousness denied A.Jesus i."Many will say to Me on that day,'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness," (Matt. 7:22-23).

B.Paul i."Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, "The righteous man shall live by faith," (Gal. 3:11).

As you can see, this brief list demonstrates that Jesus and Paul both taught the same thing.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#26703 May 8, 2013
Working for the Lord wrote:
Final part,
12.Rewards and Punishment A.Jesus i."For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels; and will then recompense every man according to his deeds," (Matt. 16:27).
B.Paul i."who will render to every man according to his deeds," (Rom. 2:6).
13.Sinfulness of man A.Jesus i."For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. 20 "These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man," (Matt. 15:19-20).
B.Paul i."There is none who understands, There is none who seeks for God; 12 All have turned aside, together they have become useless; There is none who does good, There is not even one,"(Rom. 3:11-12).
14.Tradition A.Jesus i."And why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?" (Matt. 15:3).
B.Paul i."See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ," (Col. 2:8).
15.Works Righteousness denied A.Jesus i."Many will say to Me on that day,'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness," (Matt. 7:22-23).
B.Paul i."Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, "The righteous man shall live by faith," (Gal. 3:11).
As you can see, this brief list demonstrates that Jesus and Paul both taught the same thing.
Jesus called. There's a snag in pay-roll and your check is going to be delayed.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#26704 May 8, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus called. There's a snag in pay-roll and your check is going to be delayed.
Your humor is greatly appreciated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min ATHEOI 49,367
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Steve III 646,885
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Joe Fortuna 971,791
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min Doctor Peace 105,676
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 48 min Pegasus 281,282
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 52 min ChristineM 445,751
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 53 min Bodrick 12
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 5 hr patsy the shared ... 26
More from around the web