doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#25814 Feb 13, 2013
WV Mount U Near wrote:
<quoted text>
That is incorrect. But it's on you to admit, Pal. Not mine. I don't need to convince you of what you already know to be true. I KNOW what you really know inside. If you'll stop talking long enough, you can hear what your inner-self is saying... HE knows.
God did not create gay, there parents did.

Since: Jan 13

Commerce City, CO

#25815 Feb 13, 2013
I reject Paul's condemnation of homosexual behavior, particularly when Paul's support for the oppression of women, and his acceptance of slavery as a normal social practice in (Philemon 1:15 to 16) are considered. They might feel that this passage in 1 Romans should be rejected as immoral and outside the will of God, much as other biblical passages are immoral by today's ethical standards and should be ignored -- including those passages that regulated human slavery, required some hookers to be burned alive, advocated genocide, required victims of rape to marry their rapist, recognized the torture of prisoners, and required the execution of non-virgin brides
doug wrote:
<quoted text> read the Bible Rom.1:27,28,29
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#25816 Feb 13, 2013
God made Adam and eve,he told them to multiply and fill the earth,(make more people)he(God) did not make any other men or woman nor did he make gay's,murderers,thief's and rapists,we humans we are all responsible for our own actions, and our own way of live that we chose.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#25817 Feb 13, 2013
partellam wrote:
I reject Paul's condemnation of homosexual behavior, particularly when Paul's support for the oppression of women, and his acceptance of slavery as a normal social practice in (Philemon 1:15 to 16) are considered. They might feel that this passage in 1 Romans should be rejected as immoral and outside the will of God, much as other biblical passages are immoral by today's ethical standards and should be ignored -- including those passages that regulated human slavery, required some hookers to be burned alive, advocated genocide, required victims of rape to marry their rapist, recognized the torture of prisoners, and required the execution of non-virgin brides
<quoted text>
(partellam) Are you and i a better person then Paul was?
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#25818 Feb 13, 2013
doug wrote:
<quoted text> it is dirty and ugly
It is a abomination,unrighteous it is a perversion.
doug

Tsumeb, Namibia

#25819 Feb 13, 2013
brad wrote:
saying "gayness is wrong" is tantamount to saying GOD messed up, which the bible tells us is impossible
God did not mess up, we humans did for God told humans to choose between right and wrong, and if we choose wrong, then we are responsible for our own actions

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#25820 Feb 13, 2013
WV Mount U Near wrote:
That is incorrect. But it's on you to admit, Pal. Not mine. I don't need to convince you of what you already know to be true. I KNOW what you really know inside. If you'll stop talking long enough, you can hear what your inner-self is saying... HE knows.
Are you God, sweetie? It is HIS call as to who gets His Christianity right, not that of His Christians. You pray you're right, that's all you can do. If you want to believe in a God that has issues with homosexuality, you go right ahead, but you really shouldn't expect us to believe in you.

this one

#25821 Feb 13, 2013
doug wrote:
it is dirty and ugly
Then don't do it, don't even think about it, your problem is solved. I'll send you a bill for the amateur psychiatric service.

this one

#25822 Feb 13, 2013
doug wrote:
read the Bible Rom.1:27,28,29
Why just that little bit, sweetie? You take those verses in isolation like that and you turn Paul telling the heterosexual Christians of Rome that they were being punished by God for sin of idolatry and the first thing HE DID TO THEM was put them of the mind to engage in same sex sex, HE then put them of the mind to commit all sorts of acts to show his disapproval of their sinful worship of other Gods, into a misleading condemnation of same sex sex that God gave them over to in the first place.

this one

#25823 Feb 13, 2013
doug wrote:
God did not mess up, we humans did for God told humans to choose between right and wrong, and if we choose wrong, then we are responsible for our own actions
God has given us you, buttercup. He either screwed up or has a strange sense of humor. Yes dear, we are responsible for our own actions, you for example are responsible for your less than Christlike spewing of dubiously Christian hate. Good luck with God punkin, I think you're gonna need it.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25824 Feb 13, 2013
partellam wrote:
I've been thinking and researching. I cannot forsake my daughter, because I cannot truly forsake homosexuality. I can't do it logistically, and I cannot do it biblically. I'm sorry to my pastor and congregation, but upon review of lgbt studies and biblical translations, I cannot forsake her. I cannot. I love her... and god loves her and wants her happy to!! Praise Jesus. He has relieved me conscience.
I doubt anyone asked you to forsake your daughter.

You say you can't do it logically, but ignore logical responses.

You say you can't do it Biblically, but then edit anything that directly addresses it.

Whats up?
HumanSpirit

High Springs, FL

#25825 Feb 13, 2013
abnormal behavior that is the product of pharmaceutical mind drugs and violates human and civil rights to those that were tampered with by the mental health and pharmaceutical industry for profits , power and control.

“Life is like a broken record..”

Since: Sep 12

Except the voices keep changin

#25826 Feb 14, 2013
partellam wrote:
I reject...
Then there you have it. You can go no further in gaining your knowledge and wisdom from the Word then?
partellam wrote:
...Paul's condemnation of homosexual behavior, particularly when Paul's support for the oppression of women, and his acceptance of slavery as a normal social practice in (Philemon 1:15 to 16) are considered.
Mam... You're failing to understand the society and culture in which Paul lived... You missed the point that Paul's mission was one of salvation only; NOT the equal rights of men & women... And you totally missed the point that Paul was commanding the Masters of slaves and the men over their women, to LOVE them as CHRIST LOVES the church. Paul's instruction to men concerning women, is of the most loving found in the Word.

In the Middle East, women had no rights what-so-ever. It wasn't Paul's mission to change that. Heck, even today in the Middle East women have no rights. And you know what? Women have very little rights here, in the U.S.. Think about it. What worth do women have in this country? If you can't be marketed or used in some way? You're worthless to this society.

This is all why, "I" think, women are so much more compassionate and appreciative by nature, than men. They have been broken... they have been used...They can more naturally appreciate Someone who places real worth upon them... And the one that counts you as the highest treasure, is God Himself, as Paul revealed: "... to be loved as Christ loves the Church". There was also instruction for the men as to how to lead their families. Should a man lead his family this way? You'd have no problem backing up such a husband.

Mam... Never "reject" the Word. It is your life's spring. There may be times when we think It doesn't add up... but in those times, just recognize you must dig a little deeper to understand what's really being said.

I can see your quest is genuine. May God bless you in the remainder of life you have left to better understand Him. Keep knocking... seek "God" 1st and lean NOT unto your own understanding when you come up what you know to be short.~ And may we all be blessing with continual learning about a Savior that loves us more than we can understand.

#25827 Feb 14, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Are you God, sweetie? It is HIS call as to who gets His Christianity right, not that of His Christians.
Oh I couldn't agree more: It's God's call alright. And whether we ever agree or not, He's already made that cal... and chose to tell us all about it. As I said, Pal. My decisions are on me. YOUR decisions are on you. Ultimately, it's between you and God. I won't have a dog in that hunt. I won't make a penny no matter what you decide. It's just my duty to point out right from wrong. The choice is yours.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
You pray you're right, that's all you can do.
I don't ever pray "to be right". I just pray to properly understand.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
If you want to believe in a God that has issues with homosexuality, you go right ahead, but you really shouldn't expect us to believe in you.
Oh don't mis-understand me. Believing in "me" would be a colossal mistake. I am not one to be believed in. You should make the determination for yourself letting God's Word be your authority over your knowledge, wisdom and deed.

And I don't "want" to believe in anything in a pre-concieved sort of way... Or better said, i try my best not to. I strive to just listen... and understand. That's all, Sir...

this one

#25828 Feb 14, 2013
WV Mount U Near wrote:
Oh I couldn't agree more: It's God's call alright. And whether we ever agree or not, He's already made that cal... and chose to tell us all about it. As I said, Pal. My decisions are on me. YOUR decisions are on you. Ultimately, it's between you and God. I won't have a dog in that hunt. I won't make a penny no matter what you decide. It's just my duty to point out right from wrong. The choice is yours.
It is also my duty to tell you right from wrong and hon, you just ain't right. You can believe to your little heart's content in a God with psychological and spiritual issues with the homosexuality He gave us, but I know with every fiber of my being that you are going to be sorely disappointed in the God you eventually meet, because he is going to be sorely disappointed in you.
WV Mount U Near wrote:
I don't ever pray "to be right". I just pray to properly understand.
I hate to break this to you sweetie, but it is clear that God's answer to that prayer has been do it yourself, but you haven't been listening.
WV Mount U Near wrote:
Oh don't mis-understand me. Believing in "me" would be a colossal mistake. I am not one to be believed in. You should make the determination for yourself letting God's Word be your authority over your knowledge, wisdom and deed.
Okay, here is what God's word has to say about folk like you: Matthew 7:15-23.
WV Mount U Near wrote:
And I don't "want" to believe in anything in a pre-concieved sort of way... Or better said, i try my best not to. I strive to just listen... and understand. That's all, Sir...
Hon, you picked a version of God in your own image hon, but you aren't alone in that.

#25829 Feb 14, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>It is also my duty to tell you right from wrong and hon, you just ain't right. You can believe to your little heart's content in a God with psychological and spiritual issues with the homosexuality He gave us, but I know with every fiber of my being that you are going to be sorely disappointed in the God you eventually meet, because he is going to be sorely disappointed in you.
<quoted text>I hate to break this to you sweetie, but it is clear that God's answer to that prayer has been do it yourself, but you haven't been listening.
<quoted text>Okay, here is what God's word has to say about folk like you: Matthew 7:15-23.
<quoted text>Hon, you picked a version of God in your own image hon, but you aren't alone in that.
Then we'll just agree to dis-agree then, Rick. That's all I can do.(wink) I mean it when I say I wish the best for you in whatever your Divine quest(s)...

this one

#25831 Feb 14, 2013
zander714 wrote:
Why does anyone have to prove homosexuality is wrong? Prove it is right!
Sorry dear, but the challenge here is for you to prove it wrong. If you want someone to prove it right to your obviously closed mind on the subject, you are allowed to start your own thread.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25832 Feb 14, 2013
The inherent harm, unhealthiness and seaming nature of anal sex prove the behavior is wrong.

Epi-marker mistakes prove homosexuality is a defect.

Pretty much covers it.

Smile

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#25833 Feb 14, 2013
KiMare wrote:
The inherent harm, unhealthiness and seaming nature of anal sex prove the behavior is wrong.
Epi-marker mistakes prove homosexuality is a defect.
Pretty much covers it.
Smile
So we've taken the leap from probable to prove?
Rosa Winkel

Parramatta, Australia

#25834 Feb 17, 2013
partellam wrote:
I've been thinking and researching. I cannot forsake my daughter, because I cannot truly forsake homosexuality. I can't do it logistically, and I cannot do it biblically. I'm sorry to my pastor and congregation, but upon review of lgbt studies and biblical translations, I cannot forsake her. I cannot. I love her... and god loves her and wants her happy to!! Praise Jesus. He has relieved me conscience.
That's what makes you a good parent. Not like Jimmy Sommerville's father, in the old video clip.

And things may work out better than you realize.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Dave Nelson 228,572
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Stilgar Fifrawi 743,831
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Robert F 545,068
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Pegasus 260,192
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Lon Spector 601,418
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min bacon hater 95,758
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Get a Clue 118,287
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 3 hr sandeeprajj 978
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr mdbuilder 174,202

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE