Rosa Winkel

Parramatta, Australia

#25498 Jan 17, 2013
Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
And your idiotic rebuttal makes no sense either. How could I see my reflection on my mac when the topix website has a white background. You should go look up some better comebacks. Sorry if i'm being mean but you really need to practice your arguing skills if your typing your B.S. here.
I have nothing to prove, except that you're a hateful bigot. And U prove that so much better than I ever could.

A word of advice: GTFU.
Rosa Winkel

Parramatta, Australia

#25499 Jan 17, 2013
Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly ignorant girl you're only proving my point that you can't prove homosexuality right so instead you cling to whatever gay supporter here and back them up with your idiotic comments.
I mean you really are clueless, when I first came to this site a few days ago i was skipping from page to page and I found one of the dumbest comments posted by you.
You said something along the lines of homosexuality being natural because lots of dogs are gay. That right there proves to everyone you don't know sh*t about proving gays right and that you don't know sh*t about dogs. How do you expect someone to take you seriously? Your a joke!
Hi Jeff. Back again I see, but Gaytor suits U better.

Still obsessed with a couple of 4-legged woolly woofers? Well I'd say that a male dog mounting another male dog with a giant hard-on is homosexual behaviour, whatever spin U want to put on it.

They're not the only animals that do it either:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Against_Nature%3...
http://news.nationalgeographic.com.au/news/20...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne...
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/2...

Fairy penguins?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/ho...
http://web.archive.org/web/20070929090349/htt...

I'm sure all the expert scientists are clueless, too.
Rosa Winkel

Parramatta, Australia

#25500 Jan 17, 2013
BTW it's YOU'RE a joke. Learn how to spell some simple English.
Rosa Winkel

Parramatta, Australia

#25501 Jan 17, 2013
TheWhydah wrote:
I have more up my sleeve, but damn, I'm tired of rubbing facts in your ignorant faces.
It really does get like that sometimes. But really we should feel sorry for people who get their education from some fundie drongo.

LOLOL!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#25502 Jan 17, 2013
TheWhydah wrote:
<quoted text>
I can sit here and make stuff up, too.
Since you're all-knowing, show me all of the evidence that supports your claim. You find it, show me, then I might reconsider my position--- GO!!!
I WANT YOU TO DEBUNK THE YEARS OF RESEARCH ALL OF THESE INSTITUTIONS HAVE INVESTED IN THEIR POSITION.
Do it.
http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/authored_new...

"Oxford, June 10, 2012 - Despite considerable research showing that children of same-sex parents fare just as well as children with heterosexual parents, two papers - a review of existing studies and a new study - published today in Elsevier’s Social Science Research, find insufficient data to draw any definitive conclusions.

The review by Dr. Loren Marks from Louisiana State University finds that much of the science that forms the basis for the highly regarded External link 2005 official brief on same-sex parenting by the American Psychological Association (APA) does not stand up to scrutiny. The new study by University of Texas sociologist and professor Mark Regnerus, provides compelling new evidence that numerous differences in social and emotional well-being do exist between young adults raised by women who have had a lesbian relationship and those who have grown up in a nuclear family.

Dr. Marks reviewed studies published between 1980 and 2005 cited by the 2005 official APA brief which asserted that:“Not a single study has found children of lesbian or gay parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents.”

“The jury is still out on whether being raised by same-sex parents disadvantages children”, explains Marks.“However, the available data on which the APA draws its conclusions, derived primarily from small convenience samples, are insufficient to support a strong generalized claim either way.”

Of the 59 studies referenced in the APA brief, more than three-quarters were based on small, non-representative, non-random samples that did not include any minority individuals or families; nearly half lacked a heterosexual comparison group; and few examined outcomes that extend beyond childhood such as intergenerational poverty, educational attainment, and criminality, which are a key focus of studies on children of divorce, remarriage, and cohabitation. In other words, "A lack of high quality data leaves the most significant questions unaddressed and unanswered," concludes Marks."
TheWhydah

Denver, CO

#25504 Jan 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/authored_new...
"Oxford, June 10, 2012 - Despite considerable research showing that children of same-sex parents fare just as well as children with heterosexual parents, two papers - a review of existing studies and a new study - published today in Elsevier’s Social Science Research, find insufficient data to draw any definitive conclusions.
The review by Dr. Loren Marks from Louisiana State University finds that much of the science that forms the basis for the highly regarded External link 2005 official brief on same-sex parenting by the American Psychological Association (APA) does not stand up to scrutiny. The new study by University of Texas sociologist and professor Mark Regnerus, provides compelling new evidence that numerous differences in social and emotional well-being do exist between young adults raised by women who have had a lesbian relationship and those who have grown up in a nuclear family.
Dr. Marks reviewed studies published between 1980 and 2005 cited by the 2005 official APA brief which asserted that:“Not a single study has found children of lesbian or gay parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents.”
“The jury is still out on whether being raised by same-sex parents disadvantages children”, explains Marks.“However, the available data on which the APA draws its conclusions, derived primarily from small convenience samples, are insufficient to support a strong generalized claim either way.”
Of the 59 studies referenced in the APA brief, more than three-quarters were based on small, non-representative, non-random samples that did not include any minority individuals or families; nearly half lacked a heterosexual comparison group; and few examined outcomes that extend beyond childhood such as intergenerational poverty, educational attainment, and criminality, which are a key focus of studies on children of divorce, remarriage, and cohabitation. In other words, "A lack of high quality data leaves the most significant questions unaddressed and unanswered," concludes Marks."
I think you're a bestial necrophiliac. You love to beat dead horses.
TheWhydah

Denver, CO

#25505 Jan 17, 2013
Whether same-sex parenting causes the observed differences cannot be determined from Regnerus' descriptive analysis," cautions Professor Cynthia Osborne from the University of Texas at Austin. "Children of lesbian mothers might have lived in many different family structures and it is impossible to isolate the effects of living with a lesbian mother from experiencing divorce, remarriage, or living with a single parent. Or, it is quite possible, that the effect derives entirely from the stigma attached to such relationships and to the legal prohibitions that prevent same-sex couples from entering and maintaining 'normal relationships'."In a final comment on Regnerus' research, Pennsylvania State University, sociologist and professor Paul Amato points out, "If growing up with gay and lesbian parents were catastrophic for children, even studies based on small convenience samples would have shown this by nowIf differences exist between children with gay/lesbian and heterosexual parents, they are likely to be small or moderate in magnitude-perhaps comparable to those revealed in the research literature on children and divorce."

@Kimare

Heres the end of the article you posted above. You're welcome.

Location hidden

#25506 Jan 17, 2013
TheWhydah wrote:
Whether same-sex parenting causes the observed differences cannot be determined from Regnerus' descriptive analysis," cautions Professor Cynthia Osborne from the University of Texas at Austin. "Children of lesbian mothers might have lived in many different family structures and it is impossible to isolate the effects of living with a lesbian mother from experiencing divorce, remarriage, or living with a single parent. Or, it is quite possible, that the effect derives entirely from the stigma attached to such relationships and to the legal prohibitions that prevent same-sex couples from entering and maintaining 'normal relationships'."In a final comment on Regnerus' research, Pennsylvania State University, sociologist and professor Paul Amato points out, "If growing up with gay and lesbian parents were catastrophic for children, even studies based on small convenience samples would have shown this by nowIf differences exist between children with gay/lesbian and heterosexual parents, they are likely to be small or moderate in magnitude-perhaps comparable to those revealed in the research literature on children and divorce."
@Kimare
Heres the end of the article you posted above. You're welcome.
The old gray mare is alive and well.

1. The point was that the organizations you listed knowingly used scandalous studies to validate what they could not legitimately. Their integrity is fatally breached.

2. Small studies done in unscientific ways are meaningless. The person quoted at the end of the article knows that. His homosexuality compromised his legitimacy.

You just got ass kicked by a old gray mare risen by a straight man.

Smirk.
TheWhydah

Englewood, CO

#25507 Jan 17, 2013
@Kimare You keep making shit up.

Look, I just gave you a bunch of papers to check out that are unrelated to the American Psychiatric Association. You didn't look.

The article you just posted mentions 59 studies in which gay is okay, healthy and fine. They contested two-thirds of those studies. That means that 30 OF THEM WERE STILL FOUND LEGIT. 30. 30. 30. and you just sit there regurgitating the ONE study that advances your piece of sh!t agenda. You have ONE study. ONE. I HAVE HUNDREDS!!!!!!!

Lets also take a look at the Regnerus study. I read the survey he gave to his sample. He was NOT studying planned gay relationships. He only asked his subjects if their parents had EVER had a romantic homosexual relationship, and if the subject EVER lived with that parent and their boyfriend/girlfriend/partner/f ling/whatever! No where is someone asked whether or not they lived in a home their whole life with a same sex two parent family.

Also, Dr. Cynthia Osborn, Regnerus' KEY COLLABORATOR, cautions "Whether same sex parenting causes the observed differences cannot be determined from Regnerus' descriptive analysis."

His KEY COLLABORATOR IS TELLING PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT YOU CANNOT DETERMINE THAT THE OBSERVED RESULTS ARE A RESULT OF SAME SEX PARENTING!!!

Jesus, drop it already, homo.
TheWhydah

Englewood, CO

#25508 Jan 17, 2013
@Kimare There are more problems with his study. Here. And theyre all just as valid if not more than the accusations you threw at ONE OF THE MANY articles I sent your way, homo.

*Where’s the objectivity? Regnerus is known for spouting ultra-conservative ideology and his study was funded by the Witherspoon Institute, a conservative think tank with ties to the Family Research Council and the National Organization for Marriage.

* The majority of children of gays and lesbians were born into a heterosexual family in which one member came out. Their later behavior may be a result of family upheaval.

* Children raised in non-traditional families may be less insistent on maintaining a veneer of “normalcy,” and more willing to admit to depression, adultery and experimentation with drugs.

* The study ignored the very real possibility that increased incidents of depression and drug use may stem from the prejudice gay families endure rather than something endemic to same-sex partnerships.

Location hidden

#25509 Jan 17, 2013
TheWhydah wrote:
@Kimare There are more problems with his study. Here. And theyre all just as valid if not more than the accusations you threw at ONE OF THE MANY articles I sent your way, homo.
*Where’s the objectivity? Regnerus is known for spouting ultra-conservative ideology and his study was funded by the Witherspoon Institute, a conservative think tank with ties to the Family Research Council and the National Organization for Marriage.
* The majority of children of gays and lesbians were born into a heterosexual family in which one member came out. Their later behavior may be a result of family upheaval.
* Children raised in non-traditional families may be less insistent on maintaining a veneer of “normalcy,” and more willing to admit to depression, adultery and experimentation with drugs.
* The study ignored the very real possibility that increased incidents of depression and drug use may stem from the prejudice gay families endure rather than something endemic to same-sex partnerships.
All I hear is total excuses for lesbian studies (I've read everyone available on line, and there are none for gay men...) and nothing but condemnation for the largest, most scientific one to date!

The bottom line is this; IF there were stable gay couples with children to study, Regnerus's study would have found them. Which begs the question, how did any of the other studies come up with their 'subjects'?

Smile.
TheWhydah

Englewood, CO

#25510 Jan 17, 2013
@Kimare-- well, maybe if you actually read the papers I send you, you'll know how they collect their samples.

You twist the Regnerus study to fit your agenda, as do all discriminating bigots. Did Dr. Osborne stutter when she said, "Whether same sex parenting causes the observed differences cannot be determined from Regnerus' descriptive analysis."?!?!

Location hidden

#25511 Jan 17, 2013
she said wrote:
<quoted text>
right or wrong? I do know I have never heard of animals of the same sex having this issue!
Umm...not true...I've seen dogs and other animals try mating with the same sex!

Location hidden

#25512 Jan 17, 2013
TheWhydah wrote:
@Kimare-- well, maybe if you actually read the papers I send you, you'll know how they collect their samples.
You twist the Regnerus study to fit your agenda, as do all discriminating bigots. Did Dr. Osborne stutter when she said, "Whether same sex parenting causes the observed differences cannot be determined from Regnerus' descriptive analysis."?!?!
Apparently you didn't read them. Only one posts the study methods.

The basis of the Osborne quotes is that out of 30,000 quesitionaires, they could not find enough stable gay couples to determine long term child damage.

The problem wasn't the study, it was gay couples!

You really are a idiot...
TheWhydah

Englewood, CO

#25513 Jan 17, 2013
@Kimare

Thats not at all what she said. There you go making shit up again. Go cite your source.

Location hidden

#25514 Jan 17, 2013
TheWhydah wrote:
@Kimare
Thats not at all what she said. There you go making shit up again. Go cite your source.
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_scie...

"Regnerus used a broad behavioral question—“Did either of your parents ever have a romantic relationship with someone of the same sex?”—to define which parents were gay. Then he used a calendar—“Please select the ages when you lived with the following persons”—to clarify how long each respondent had lived with the gay parent and that parent’s same-sex partner. The calendar, unlike the behavioral question, measured family structure. Regnerus says he thought “we’d comfortably get enough cases wherein the respondent reported living with mom and her partner for many consecutive years. But few did.”

If the structural question had yielded more kids raised by gay couples, Regnerus could have compared their outcomes to the outcomes of kids raised by straight couples. But it didn’t."

Slate also has an older article noting the poor and unethical studies supposedly validating gay families.

Old Gray Mare ridden by a Straight Man.

:-)
TheWhydah

Denver, CO

#25515 Jan 17, 2013
@Kimare

I'm not talking about the lesbian articles. I'm talking about the loooooong list of references I left you two pages back, liar. You obviously didnt look at them.
TheWhydah

Denver, CO

#25516 Jan 17, 2013
@Kimare

You're making deduction heavily tainted in your icky bias. You just proved that you make shit up.

Ive destroyed you so many times, and you just keep on masturbating yourself.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#25517 Jan 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_scie...
"Regnerus used a broad behavioral question—“Did either of your parents ever have a romantic relationship with someone of the same sex?”—to define which parents were gay. Then he used a calendar—“Please select the ages when you lived with the following persons”—to clarify how long each respondent had lived with the gay parent and that parent’s same-sex partner. The calendar, unlike the behavioral question, measured family structure. Regnerus says he thought “we’d comfortably get enough cases wherein the respondent reported living with mom and her partner for many consecutive years. But few did.”
If the structural question had yielded more kids raised by gay couples, Regnerus could have compared their outcomes to the outcomes of kids raised by straight couples. But it didn’t."
Slate also has an older article noting the poor and unethical studies supposedly validating gay families.
Old Gray Mare ridden by a Straight Man.
Yup, you got your a$$ ridden again.

“Marriage equality for all”

Since: Jul 07

Illinois

#25518 Jan 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted >...
You dodge, duck, weave, change context, play semantics, and shift gears. You're not even a good troll, hunty. You're just tedious.

In spite of all your mental masturbation and verbal ejaculations, you've been completely unsuccessful at stalling marriage equality.

Sucks to be the mangina man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rajkot gay Topix 13 min manish 9
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 14 min rajiv 477
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min USA Born 578,714
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min onemale 269,999
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 30 min Theswamiji 5,909
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 32 min Seentheotherside 69,881
www.mygiftcardsite.com balance - Mygiftcardsite... (Dec '12) 54 min Jim Wilson 42
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 55 min Hidingfromyou 817,290
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr AnnieJ 609,747
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 16 hr IWANNAPLAY 187
More from around the web