Gun Control
Force Majeure

Sweden

#396 Jan 14, 2013
Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>Dream on, the economies getting wourse not better.
Let me get this straight. Are you telling me that politicians and big businessmen make less this year than last year? Are you telling me that American businesses are returning home from abroad to give Americans work but still the unemployment rate soars? Are you telling me that those American businesses abroad are giving you a price break on their products seeing as how their production is much, much, much less expensive by way of lower over-head and because they are paying some peon far less than you'd get to do the same work?
Elohimsokie wrote:
<quoted text>None of your jibberish protects the defenceless elderly.
But you are wrong. My "jibberish" protects the elderly because with jobs and fair wages, crime MOST CERTAINLY will be reduced so that those "defenceless elderly" won't need defense in the first place.
Tell Me

Winder, GA

#397 Jan 14, 2013
Maybe this issue will be brought into the open and investigated. We were originally a free country and certainly enough people have questioned this issue, a constitutional requirement for the office of presidency. Just one single request from a citizen to show proof of birth place should be enough for Obama to have to comply. McCain voluntarily showed his. Why did Obama spend millions to keep from doing so. Obama has an obvious disregard for the laws of our country in my opinion invoking executive privilege regarding Fast and Furious to keep from responding with answers to our Congress. Talk of bypassing Congress and the second amendment on the gun issue has also been suggested by this administration also. Bypassing congress to pass the debt limit all by himself has also been suggested. We were supposed to operate as a democracy with three equal branches of government, not as a dictatorship. Perhaps the Supreme Court will take action on some of these issues and restore our government power back to the way it was intentionally intended to operate.

http://www.examiner.com/article/supreme-court...
Force Majeure

Sweden

#398 Jan 14, 2013
As far as I know, neither Bush nor Reagan produced their birth certificats either.
Elohimsokie

Broken Bow, OK

#399 Jan 14, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
As far as I know, neither Bush nor Reagan produced their birth certificats either.
Its non of your bussines sweedie

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#400 Jan 14, 2013
I don't understand why any rational person would be against strengthening gun control laws, including tracking their sale, and requiring insurance to those who own them. Make the sellers and owners responsible for their use, and watch the number of illegal guns become drastically reduced.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#401 Jan 14, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
As far as I know, neither Bush nor Reagan produced their birth certificats either.
Yeah, but they were white, so it was OK.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#402 Jan 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
I don't understand why any rational person would be against strengthening gun control laws, including tracking their sale, and requiring insurance to those who own them. Make the sellers and owners responsible for their use, and watch the number of illegal guns become drastically reduced.
Bravo, Oscar!
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but they were white, so it was OK.
I was only hinting at that, much too timidly.
Tell Me

Winder, GA

#403 Jan 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
I don't understand why any rational person would be against strengthening gun control laws, including tracking their sale, and requiring insurance to those who own them. Make the sellers and owners responsible for their use, and watch the number of illegal guns become drastically reduced.
Ignorance rises it's ugly head again. All that nonsense is intended to do is ban guns through the back door. Again the mentally challenged and the criminals are not going to get insurance. Just as cars are today, people drive without insurance. If someone steals your car and destroys property or people with their criminal act you are not held responsible for that. The mentally challenged killer in Connecticut illegally stole his guns and murdered the owner of them. The owner was a victim also and not an accomplice. All you ignorant liberals are so hate filled you want to punish legal gun owners and the rich. As a result you make the insurance companies richer which are owned by the oil companies. Use your brain at concentrating on the real problem for a change.
Tell Me

Winder, GA

#404 Jan 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but they were white, so it was OK.
Play the race card, why don't you? There as no doubt with either of those as to their birth place. So, no one questioned it. If I could not contribute to a better defense of Obama not needing to prove he meets a requirement for the office he was seeking, I would remain silent. Better to remain silent and let yourself be considered without knowledge than open your mouth and remove any doubt.
Tell Me

Winder, GA

#405 Jan 14, 2013
Can't gun control advocates see they are creating more of a problem and not helping this problem at all. Clinton and Obama have put more gun on the street than all other presidents combined. Right now as we discuss what is happening in guns stores across the country? Look at the real problem,there were mental problems in Connecticut and Colorado. We have the RIGHT to own guns in this country. Work at the real problem and quit creating a bigger one and that is all gun control advocates have done.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#406 Jan 14, 2013
Tell Me wrote:
<quoted text>Ignorance rises it's ugly head again. All that nonsense is intended to do is ban guns through the back door.
No, it's just insisting on better regulation. Can't you discern the difference?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#407 Jan 14, 2013
Tell Me wrote:
<quoted text>Play the race card, why don't you? There as no doubt with either of those as to their birth place. So, no one questioned it. If I could not contribute to a better defense of Obama not needing to prove he meets a requirement for the office he was seeking, I would remain silent. Better to remain silent and let yourself be considered without knowledge than open your mouth and remove any doubt.
Every candidate for President must prove their citizenship, moron.
Force Majeure

Sweden

#408 Jan 14, 2013
Tell Me wrote:
<quoted text>All that nonsense is intended to do is ban guns through the back door. Again the mentally challenged and the criminals are not going to get insurance. Just as cars are today, people drive without insurance.
Yeah, you're right. There's no sense in making guns illegal if the bad guys are going to break the law anyway. It's the same thing with murder. I mean, what self-respecting killer is going to pay any heed to laws forbidding murder, huh? Make murder legal and that will reduce the crime rated by the thousands each year!
Tell Me wrote:
Can't gun control advocates see they are creating more of a problem and not helping this problem at all.
Right again! The best way to reduce shooting incidents is by doubling and trebbling the amount of guns in the coutnry. That'll show 'em!
Force Majeure

Sweden

#409 Jan 14, 2013
Tell Me wrote:
<quoted text>There as no doubt with either of those as to their birth place.
Who says?
Tell Me wrote:
<quoted text>If I could not contribute to a better defense of Obama not needing to prove he meets a requirement for the office he was seeking, I would remain silent.
Can you prove that you're not an Al Qaida spy? Can you prove that your birth certificate is not a high quality Al Qaida forgery? What colour are you, by the way? What about your religion? Are you Moslem? Many people say that you are. Can you prove that you're not?
Tell Me

Winder, GA

#410 Jan 14, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you're right. There's no sense in making guns illegal if the bad guys are going to break the law anyway. It's the same thing with murder. I mean, what self-respecting killer is going to pay any heed to laws forbidding murder, huh? Make murder legal and that will reduce the crime rated by the thousands each year!
<quoted text>
Right again! The best way to reduce shooting incidents is by doubling and trebbling the amount of guns in the coutnry. That'll show 'em!
Now you are talking. Finally some common sense.
Tell Me

Winder, GA

#411 Jan 14, 2013
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says?
I say, but more important is who did not say. No one questioned their birth.
Force Majeure wrote:
<quoted text>Can you prove that you're not an Al Qaida spy? Can you prove that your birth certificate is not a high quality Al Qaida forgery? What colour are you, by the way? What about your religion? Are you Moslem? Many people say that you are. Can you prove that you're not?
Yes,Yes,What does color have to do with it? A little racist are we now? No, Iam afraid no one says I am a Muslim, Yes.
Tell Me

Winder, GA

#412 Jan 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Every candidate for President must prove their citizenship, moron.
And when did Obama prove his?
Tell Me

Winder, GA

#413 Jan 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's just insisting on better regulation. Can't you discern the difference?
You misinformed lever pullers should recognize by now you cannot legislate this problem. How many laws have you put on the books? Why are you crying for more? They have not stopped killing, look at Chicago and Washington D.C.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#414 Jan 14, 2013
Tell Me wrote:
<quoted text>And when did Obama prove his?
He has provided evidence for his birth several times. He is a citizen, the President, and black. Sorry if that makes you unhappy.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#415 Jan 14, 2013
Tell Me wrote:
<quoted text>You misinformed lever pullers should recognize by now you cannot legislate this problem. How many laws have you put on the books? Why are you crying for more? They have not stopped killing, look at Chicago and Washington D.C.
Because they aren't regulated enough. State laws need to be tightened up and made more consistent with each other, and the states need to cooperate in sharing information. Why would any rational person be against that? Would you just allow anyone to buy as many guns as they like without any tracking? You don't think that's a bad idea? Because that's pretty much how it works in much of the country, which is why there are so many illegal guns out there. Suggesting the solution is yet more guns is just stupid, akin to using gasoline to douse a fire. Make gun registration mandatory every time the weapon changes legal ownership, and make the gun owner at least partially responsible for it's safekeeping and use. All that is being insisted upon here is responsible gun ownership. How can that possibly be a bad thing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min River Tam 971,903
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 30 min Demon Finder 18,667
sexy sister and my girlfriend family holiday 1 hr cool 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 45,018
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,495
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Steve III 650,851
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 56,497
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr bad bob 183,001
More from around the web