A message to Christians

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Dan

Dover, PA

#1 Aug 27, 2013
It is time for us young Christians to start living our lives for God and stop living for ourselves. Jesus is coming back in our generation and we need to be ready to leave when He comes. Many people have seen dreams and visions from God. Many have seen the bright side and the dark side of the afterlife. Don't judge those who travel the world spreading their message of hope and warning, especially if they use the Bible to support their claims. Remember what the Bible says? In the last days, signs and wonders shall come about. Men shall see dreams and visions. Many professed Christians are going to be left behind in the rapture because they served God with their lips but their hearts were far from Him. Many people claim to be Christians but live their lives no different than the secular world. To be a Christian means to live a life that's honoring and pleasing to God, rather than living for ourselves and trying to satisfy our own desires. Jesus said if anyone wanted to follow Him, they must deny themselves and follow Him. He also said, "If you love Me, keep my commandments." And, "No one can serve 2 masters. He will love one and hate the other." What Jesus was saying is, we can't love God and love the world at the same time. We will either love God and hate the world, or love the world and hate God. The Bible tells us as Christians to examine our lives to see if we are in the faith. I urge you, if you're a Christian, to see where your life stands before God and repent and re-dedicate your life to Him if you feel you have fallen away from Him.
Dan

Dover, PA

#3 Aug 27, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Great post...this message serves for older Christians too.
Thank you!
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#4 Aug 28, 2013
yawn
Dan

Dover, PA

#5 Aug 28, 2013
Knock off purse seller wrote:
yawn
Wake up and come to Jesus before it's too late!
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#6 Aug 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up and come to Jesus before it's too late!
Good one :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Joe Moretti 608,343
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 5 min busted 166
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 7 min Seentheotherside 221,763
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min Pokay 269,171
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Christian with Jesus 810,808
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Liam 574,724
Any son's ever see there mom's having sex with ... 49 min Jon 3
More from around the web