Yes

No

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Mike

Bailey, NC

#1 Jul 23, 2008
I need something to shoot sice I've been out of the Army and deer provide the perfect target. And they deserve it since one of them attacked my truck as I was driving down the road and alot of other people have had similar events with the overpopulated deer. Yet there are some such as game wardens who seem to think that spotlighting deer is wrong. Just wondering whether you are with me in my struggle against the Whitetail menace or if you sympathize with those anti-American terrorist who suicide attack cars.
An Open Mind

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jul 23, 2008
If you don't shoot them, and don't do it in season and scare them I call it sight seeing mother nature. Whats wrong with that? I live in Kentucky, I like to see nature in its real form, not a zoo cage. Good poll Mike, I got your back.
An Open Mind

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jul 23, 2008
Maybe I didn't read your first post Mike. That whitetail menace as you say is something I like to eat once a year when its in season. I totaled a truck because one jumped out in front of me, my fault because I was going the speed limit in fog. Deal with it man, we have something now called Insurance. You can't put a price on peace of mind. If you REALLY need to shoot something alive, go dove hunting. Hit a moving target Mr. Army sharp shooter. How can you even relate something like deer hunting to anti-american terrorist?????
Think about this as you sit under the Air conditioner typing on your labtop. If you were thrown back 300 years ago and had to survive, would you? Would you hunt your meal in the traditional american way, or start pickin berries???
Bull itsaregood

Little Rock, AR

#4 Jul 23, 2008
An Open Mind wrote:
If you don't shoot them, and don't do it in season and scare them I call it sight seeing mother nature. Whats wrong with that? I live in Kentucky, I like to see nature in its real form, not a zoo cage. Good poll Mike, I got your back.
I agree with this.
Some people use binoculars, other people use a scope.
Let's be honest here, most of the time that trigger finger just slips while you are enjoying watching wildlife.
Sometime 3, maybe 4 times a night.
Eddie

United States

#5 Jul 23, 2008
Put horn on me man and show me were your Car is Neh neh snort oh wait thats a Bull ROGL , what sound does a deer make ?
Mike

Bailey, NC

#6 Jul 23, 2008
An Open Mind wrote:
Maybe I didn't read your first post Mike. That whitetail menace as you say is something I like to eat once a year when its in season. I totaled a truck because one jumped out in front of me, my fault because I was going the speed limit in fog. Deal with it man, we have something now called Insurance. You can't put a price on peace of mind. If you REALLY need to shoot something alive, go dove hunting. Hit a moving target Mr. Army sharp shooter. How can you even relate something like deer hunting to anti-american terrorist?????
Think about this as you sit under the Air conditioner typing on your labtop. If you were thrown back 300 years ago and had to survive, would you? Would you hunt your meal in the traditional american way, or start pickin berries???
I was teasing just a lil bit. Deer arent really terrorist. But they are very overpopulated to the point that there are actual trained "deer snipers" being hired by city councils in some areas. I just think that open season hunting would help both deer and people; especially since alot of times overpopulated deer are facing starvation.
An Open Mind

Glasgow, KY

#7 Jul 24, 2008
Needless to say, the population in my area gets well thinned out during season. Everybody I know scouts around all year, and hunts every single season, and never wastes a tag. Spotlighting and killing is a little cheap though. Its a seasonal meal, thats what makes it so good. You only get one chance a year to go hunt it down. I'd still rather be eating them, than hitting one in my truck, LoL.
Ghost Rider

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jul 24, 2008
That depends on if you are asking the hunter or the game warden.
Just Down the Road

Bunnlevel, NC

#9 Jul 27, 2008
Mike, I am your neighbor. I live just down the road from you, and I know how overpopulated the deer are around here. I counted twenty within five miles of my house the other day in the broad daylight! I have also had vehicle damage. But let me tell you, that if you hunt at night, you don't know what the consequences may be. My baby's crib is against the wall closest to a field where you may be shooting that deer! Think about that before you do something stupid. If you need to "shoot something" that bad, look for legal manners in which to do it.
john

Spring Hope, NC

#10 Nov 10, 2008
I dont think spotlighting is wrong whats wrong with looking at deer as long as u dont shoot but we all no we will have a dumbass to shoot and mess it up for everyone else

Valkyrian Ride

“Say hello to my M203 ...”

Since: Jul 07

You wanna play rough?

#11 Nov 10, 2008
No, spotlighting deer is NOT "OK."
A friend of mine's dad got busted for spotlighting deer way back when we were in high school.
They yanked his license, confiscated his rifle AND his vehicle.
Huh

Atlanta, GA

#12 Nov 10, 2008
What's spotlighting deer?

Valkyrian Ride

“Say hello to my M203 ...”

Since: Jul 07

You wanna play rough?

#13 Nov 10, 2008
Huh wrote:
What's spotlighting deer?
Some people hunt deer at night (illegal) and deer, when light shines in their eyes, get "hypnotized" by the light. They freeze in their tracks and just stare at the light. It has a hypnotic effect on them.
Absolutely no challenge in that whatsoever.
Huh

Atlanta, GA

#14 Nov 10, 2008
That's really mean...the poor deer. At least give them a chance.
Unfair advantage

Farmington, MI

#15 Nov 10, 2008
I always like the arguement about "spotlighting gives the hunter an unfair advantage". What do you think a highpowered rifle with a scope is??? I think that you should be able to shoot deer at night with or without a spotlight.

“Loving my ferals:)”

Since: Nov 08

earth

#16 Nov 10, 2008
No it is not fair. How is that sport then? It is not.
true hunter

Mendenhall, MS

#17 Nov 19, 2008
Spotlighting deer is in no way right. If you can't kill a deer during the daytime and in season then you are obviously not good at hunting and you should probably just give it up all together. For everyone out there hunting at night, I cant wait til you get busted because chances are that you will!
goat

United States

#18 Nov 19, 2008
some of you good old boys ain't never been hungry and hunted for meat. no pay check coming in you don't sport light as a sport, but meat hunting. Just wait you folks will be hunting what we called hoover rabbits in the old days, now we call them BUSH RABBITS. you'll get hungry to. I have even hunted with a spear and a rock.
jojo

United States

#19 Nov 19, 2008
Thats just plain stupid and illegal,hunt when the season is open.
goat

United States

#20 Nov 19, 2008
all of you try a spear that will really learn you to hunt. I do it. made of hickory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Catcher1 63,596
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liamm 653,804
music lovers 5 min Notiflow 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min onemale 281,846
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Hangman 973,726
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 23 min Blondie 25
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 106,482
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 618,731
More from around the web