Why do so many Americans look like be...

Why do so many Americans look like beached whales?

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

andet1987

Chicago, IL

#4 Feb 16, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
If retailers cared about their customers' health and what they eat, they wouldn't sell stuff like beer....lasagna...cigarettes.. ..chewing tobacco....high-fat ice cream........cookies.....choco late candy........and the list goes on and on till the break of dawn.
you talk like you are better than others. that is why you talk to yourself. no one responds.

the reason why you hate gays is, gays can have what they want. because of your Bible, your oral needs is not fulfilled. so you end up envying gays and become hateful.
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#5 Feb 16, 2014
Many Americans give absolutely no thought to the MAN-MADE FAT CONTENT of what they eat. All many of them care about it HOW T TASTES. And Satan likes that.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#6 Feb 16, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Many Americans give absolutely no thought to the MAN-MADE FAT CONTENT of what they eat. All many of them care about it HOW T TASTES. And Satan likes that.
Jack LaLanne once said - "If it tastes good , it's no good!"

I do understand what yer trying to express Doc(I think...), eating more "natural" foods is obviously healthier for ones being. You can't forget the genetic factor though. Some are just predisposed to be physically "inferior" - for lack of better term. Some families have a history of heart disease, cancer, obesity , ect. Still, watching ones health better could possibly offset some further health issues. Why one may hear of or know someone who was a "health nut" dying from
a heath related issue way too young, and someone who lived into their nineties yet smoked since a teen with no regard to good nutrition.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#7 Feb 16, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
If retailers cared about their customers' health and what they eat, they wouldn't sell stuff like beer....lasagna...cigarettes.. ..chewing tobacco....high-fat ice cream........cookies.....choco late candy........and the list goes on and on till the break of dawn.
There must be a demand. It's not up to the retailers to 'monitor' the public's health - or anyone - for that matter. Individual responsibility, anyone?

Why did that "work" at one time?....

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#10 Feb 16, 2014
Whole Foods wrote:
<quoted text>
The food manufacturers learned from the tobacco companies. If you make your product more addicting, your customers buy more product.
Though I love pears and honey, quite tasty I might add, I still know there's a 'limit' as to how much I should consume. I may >buy< many, but I don't eat them all at once.
People Do have the freedom to make purchases, and marketing plays a role also in getting consumers to do so.
Whole Foods wrote:
<quoted text>
Things like high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners like aspartame are addictive. Testing on animals showed them that we'd buy more of their garbage if they included ingredients like those.
I'd just wish for once when one gets on the "soap box" and makes sweeping claims they'd provide some peer reviewed research to back them up. That said, I have read reports that pan both ingredients but are split on the addictive nature.Some sight - "...are addictive..." another - " may be addictive..." . Sounds like the jury is still out, and one will use whichever fits their agenda. However, I personally agree any artificial ingredient or additive should be avoided whenever possible, more natural the better.
Whole Foods wrote:
<quoted text>
If tobacco companies are wrong for manipulating their product, are food companies any less culpable?
Ah, there's the rub - litigation. No offence, just much always seems to come down to the shekels. A little difference here though, food one needs, cigs one doesn't - and they're also established to be addictive(jury still out on the food ingredients). In the case of cigs, just an aside , if SO bad for public health- they should be illegal. Never happen though, taxes flow when cigs 'glow'- if you get my drift. And with pot mainstreaming....another story...
Whole Foods wrote:
<quoted text>
Obesity is not a disease, it's a byproduct of what should be illegal practices by manufacturers.
Never wrote it was a disease, your statement pontification. But do agree with that portion , obesity , like a lot of things attributed to being a "disease" , isn't something you can "catch". Genetics aside,it is developed - one forkful at a time. I cannot take individual responsibility from the equation, sorry, been around long and witnessed much.

Would like to thank you for the opportunity of meaningful "conversation" - rare around these parts, and I believe we could agree that "whole foods" , free of artificial additives and in most natural state , are much better for ones overall health :)
WOW

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#11 Feb 16, 2014
Ugly LARGE ! mhahahaahaha
sMALL

Manassas, VA

#12 Feb 16, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Though I love pears and honey, quite tasty I might add, I still know there's a 'limit' as to how much I should consume. I may >buy< many, but I don't eat them all at once.
People Do have the freedom to make purchases, and marketing plays a role also in getting consumers to do so.
<quoted text>
I'd just wish for once when one gets on the "soap box" and makes sweeping claims they'd provide some peer reviewed research to back them up. That said, I have read reports that pan both ingredients but are split on the addictive nature.Some sight - "...are addictive..." another - " may be addictive..." . Sounds like the jury is still out, and one will use whichever fits their agenda. However, I personally agree any artificial ingredient or additive should be avoided whenever possible, more natural the better.
<quoted text>
Ah, there's the rub - litigation. No offence, just much always seems to come down to the shekels. A little difference here though, food one needs, cigs one doesn't - and they're also established to be addictive(jury still out on the food ingredients). In the case of cigs, just an aside , if SO bad for public health- they should be illegal. Never happen though, taxes flow when cigs 'glow'- if you get my drift. And with pot mainstreaming....another story...
<quoted text>
Never wrote it was a disease, your statement pontification. But do agree with that portion , obesity , like a lot of things attributed to being a "disease" , isn't something you can "catch". Genetics aside,it is developed - one forkful at a time. I cannot take individual responsibility from the equation, sorry, been around long and witnessed much.
Would like to thank you for the opportunity of meaningful "conversation" - rare around these parts, and I believe we could agree that "whole foods" , free of artificial additives and in most natural state , are much better for ones overall health :)
USA MONSANTO and its industrial farms based on GMO seed of Destruction , A GLOBAL monolithic Giant bully will ruined world small farmers...a Cancer to the world !
ast

Manassas, VA

#13 Feb 16, 2014
WOOW!
yuty

Manassas, VA

#14 Feb 16, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Why?? Go into many major retailers and look at the THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of HIGH-FAT MAN-MADE concoctions they sell and you'll know exactly why.
McDonald is your health conscience choice! HEHHEHHEEEeee
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#18 Feb 16, 2014
Whole Foods wrote:
<quoted text>
The food manufacturers learned from the tobacco companies. If you make your product more addicting, your customers buy more product.
Things like high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners like aspartame are addictive. Testing on animals showed them that we'd buy more of their garbage if they included ingredients like those.
If tobacco companies are wrong for manipulating their product, are food companies any less culpable?
Obesity is not a disease, it's a byproduct of what should be illegal practices by manufacturers.
Amen !!!!
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#19 Feb 16, 2014
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
My dear Senacus, look on the labels of many of the products you buy, like toothpaste, shampoo, hair spray etc etc etc, and if you see the ingredient 'SODIUM LAUREL SULAFTE'....just know that the government is allowing companies to put an ingredient in your consumer goods that is DESTROYING YOUR HEALTH, Buy from all-natural health food stores as much as possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 24,634
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 2 hr e williams 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr nanoanomaly 985,583
Sarah George 3 hr Rememberboys 1
News GOP not interested in health care for us 3 hr discocrisco 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr PadMark 685,462
OVERWHELMED...by God's blessings 6 hr Doctor REALITY 12
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 32
More from around the web