Does Metal Music cause people to do b...
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
lucy

Zimbabwe

#144 Mar 2, 2011
Death Metal Music is Bad, it affects the mind & The moods. I hve a friend who listen & plays heavy music & hate it.
Jessica Merritt

Gardnerville, NV

#145 Apr 21, 2011
No i dont believe that music causes people to bad things, i am also doing a research paper on music and suicide.
My person experience is that my older brother bob,when he was 18 he killed himself. He was into metal music and was in many bands, he was a great guitarist and vocalist. I would never say that the music is what killed my brother but is what kept him alive as long as he was. My brother suffered from depression, a terrible sickness that can bring the happiest person to a dark and scary place. I could see the passion in my brothers eyes when he picked up a guitar or a microphone. the music was a way of escape, the music could relate to how he felt, and he could get that anger out. despite the lyrics in some of the songs he listened to the music is what him, him. The music is what gave him something, he was good and he could have gone all the way i think. My brother tried to commit suicide twice before he was successful.What i have to remember and what the world needs to know is that it is no ones fault but the victims they made the choice souly on their own. We can't blame something or someone just because it is there, if a victim really wanted to kill them self there is a much bigger problem then just the music they listen to. We all have to realize the signs and try to help everyone and be there for one another because suicide and death is not a time to blame but a time to fix and put in our part to prevent it.

thank you for reading this.
Jessica
in memory of Michael Robert Merritt Jr.love you always
Jessica Merritt

Gardnerville, NV

#146 Apr 21, 2011
Joel Gene wrote:
i disagree ,the person who is depressed and listening to heavy metal that promotes sucide and murder will build the persons emotions to snap that he actually carry out the deed..music is meant to sooth the soul..not make a person break the law to me thats not music..and music that uses foul language and all..its goes to show that the person can't solve his issues with the person or a situation his/her is in that makes a song out of it..yes it may be form of expression but imagine that maybe the person is going through the same situation and the person can't seem to can't handle it that he feels that he has no other options that he does what the lyrics say..now his a murder for the rest of life or he wasted his life over a situation by commiting suicide..comon man a situation may be hard it doesnt mean you take your life it builds you your character on how to handle pressure...trust me i was one of those people i give you my word...
"Its not how you survive the storm but how you dance in the rain"
My brother killed himself at 18 i know first hand it was not the music that killed him but the music that kept him alive that long. He was an amazing man, suffering from depression and confusion. When he picked up his guitar and yelled into the mic. he was a person like u or I, He felt important, he was able to get out his anger and emotions, you dont know what it is like. He fought for as long as he could and the music helped him get through it. He was an amazing guy and could make anyone smile. we all have those time of sadness but he felt a pain that i will never know, you dont know whats going on in a persons head before they die.... my brothers last request for me to be safe, to be protected... and you have to try to blame the one thing that made him happy.
Irene

Greece

#148 Apr 21, 2011
The current post is exactly what I am examining through a research of mine. Anyone who is interested might answer soon at
http://crime-and-research.blogspot.com cause my research os coming to its end..

There are no write or wrong questions, and I am just looking whether people think htat metal music has a connection with crime.

Whatever that connection might be, whatever crime that might be..

Thanks

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#149 May 4, 2011

“You Are Who You Are”

Since: Apr 11

Live, Love, Laugh =D

#150 May 5, 2011
Only if they're weak-minded and let MAN get into their head.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#151 May 5, 2011
Anonymous

Ludhiana, India

#152 May 5, 2011
ya some how it affects the person's personality.
it makes a person more rage and violent.

__________
[url=http://www.moviesorb.com/ hesher-overview]Download hesher movie[/url]

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#153 Jul 27, 2011
hey jim and other peeps, check these guys out.. do you think music like this is considered violent or just normal?? personally myself, i like metal but dont feel the need to be violent, everyones different.

myspace.com/pyrrhicriseband
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#154 Jul 27, 2011
NuckFiggers wrote:
hey jim and other peeps, check these guys out.. do you think music like this is considered violent or just normal?? personally myself, i like metal but dont feel the need to be violent, everyones different.
myspace.com/pyrrhicriseband
he he :) funny screen name :)

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#155 Aug 12, 2011
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
he he :) funny screen name :)
lmao glad you like it =)

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#156 Aug 15, 2011
Proven to cause murder/suicide...

Since: Sep 08

Henderson, NV

#157 Aug 15, 2011
lucy wrote:
Death Metal Music is Bad, it affects the mind & The moods. I hve a friend who listen & plays heavy music & hate it.
Lucy...
I've listened to metal for as long as I can remember and the harder the metal the better. It doesn't affect my mood in in kind of bad way. The only way I have to be careful is where it can sometimes cause grand mal seizures since I am Epileptic because it can be fast moving. The video for Enter Sandman by Metallica is one I can't watch because of it. That one is sure to cause seizures in an Epileptic.=^..^=
foREVer

Ashburn, VA

#158 Jun 11, 2013
No I don't think that metal could cause someone to want to hurt somebody else or themselves, unless they already have other problems I started listening to metal because because of depression, because it was like the lyrics were the story of my life. To me it is an escape from all of the problems in my life it's a way just to escape from reality, and all of the people and the bullshit that makes me want to do something stupid. When life gets too hard it makes me feel better and calms me down.
Peris

London, Canada

#159 Jun 26, 2013
Nope, ive been listening to some of the most brutal metal on the planet, and i have never commited a violent act.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#160 Sep 18, 2013
lucy wrote:
Death Metal Music is Bad, it affects the mind & The moods. I hve a friend who listen & plays heavy music & hate it.
Lucy... I have listened to metal music since the sixth grade and it hasn't caused me to murder anyone and I'm still here so I haven't committed suicide because of it. I have Epilepsy... and have had it all of my life... and have since been diagnosed with MS. The worst thing metal music has done to me is once in a while made me have a grand mal seizure either sometimes through an occasional guitar sound or a very fast moving drum sound. I can tell you from experience Lucy that my temper is affected because of the Epilepsy and now the MS making it even worse then it ever having to do with metal music.

Metal music is just what it is. It is music just like any other. Did it ever occur to you Lucy that there might be bands that play into the so called Satanic image on purpose just because of the image? Believe it or not... there are actually Christian metal bands. Stryper was one. Be careful before making any judgements Lucy... the metal bands and the people who listen to them aren't always what they seem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 23 min Lawrence Wolf 291
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 286,315
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Devil number 666 982,120
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Michael 675,941
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Catcher1 110,883
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,782
Targeted Individuals, those illegally surveille... 3 hr targetedinvw 1
More from around the web