US Tax Services For Australians

US Tax Services For Australians

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Oct 12

Englewood, FL

#1 Oct 27, 2012
Hello Everyone

The new website for United States Australia Tax Service USAUTAX.COM is up and running. The firm specializes in Tax services for US Citizens living in Australia who by US law are still required to file US income tax returns. Check out the site or email [email protected]

Thomas Carden
International Tax Manager
United States Australia Tax Service
[email protected]

Since: Oct 12

Englewood, FL

#3 Nov 17, 2012
Check back soon for the address of the new office in Sydney Australia.

United States Australia Tax is proud to have offices in Adelaide and Los Angeles. With the coming opening of our new office in Sydney we will be able to offer our personalized services to even more people in Australia While the IRS does not have offices in Australia we will proudly have two.

For queries email United States Australia Tax Service at [email protected]
Thomas Carden

Auckland, New Zealand

#4 Apr 1, 2013
U.S. Expatriate Tax Filing Deadlines.

As April 15 approaches U.S. Expats become more sensitive to the fact that they have to file a tax return, because April 15th is the normal filing date for individuals who are resident in the U.S. The good news for these expats is that they will normally receive an automatic extension if they reside outside of the U.S. on April 15th. Reside is an important term here. You cannot t take a cruise on April 15th and get the automatic extension you have to be residing outside of the united States. There are however two catches to the automatic extension. The first catch is that any payments made after April 15th of tax due will result in a small amount of interest being charged. And if you want the normal extension of six additional moths to file your return it can only be filed electronically by April 15th It is possible to mail the extension in prior to June 17th and have it accepted manually by the IRS but it is recommended that you get a receipt for the delivery. Thus the extension will need to go by some type of certified international mail. If the extension is accepted the IRS will then grant a filing date of October 15th without penalty and just charge interest on the amount not paid on April 15th.

It is possible to have the interest waved if there is a justifiable reason. You can attach that statement to the return describing why you were unable to make a payment on April 15th. Do not attach a copy of the extension form to your return.

Under most circumstances it is best to efile the form 4868 because of the electronic system will acknowledge the receipt of the extension and there is never a question as to the receipt. Thus if you are interested in filing for the six month extension contact a professional U.S. expatriate specialists who is capable of efiling the extension for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Justice League 951,639
Play "end of the word" part 2 12 min andet1987 724
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min Peace_Warrior 615,714
what do americans think of mexicans? (Sep '08) 15 min Johnny 474
Which was worse?: the Holocaust or Black Slavery?? 51 min Johnny 18
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 627,863
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Lbj 14,755
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Frank Merton 180,088
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 278,516
More from around the web