My Hajj 2008 Hajj Journey with Britis...

My Hajj 2008 Hajj Journey with British Hajj and Umrah Services

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Apr 09

Cheltenham, UK

#1 Apr 27, 2009
I went for Hajj in 2008 with British Hajj & Umrah Services. Masha-Allah I have only praise and may Allah shower his blessings on the group leaders of this group, they delivered all that they promised and more and kept us aware of the problems with delays as they occurr. The group supplied plenty of liquid refreshment in Arafah, Mina and Muzdallifah, beyond what they needed to provide as part of the package.

The Hotel in Makah Dar Al Tawhid was wonderful and to me felt closer to the Haram than what the brothers had stated, it was very tempting to pray in the room or in the hotel mosque but didn't as guilt took the better of me.

The Hotel in Medina was Mawadah Safwa a step down as advised in the seminar but still comfortable and what it lacked in comfort compared to the Hotel in Makah it made up for with the location it was in. It was over looking the Masjid in Medina and was so close. We were also upgraded to Full Board so that overcame any doubts that the satan was putting in my head.

Brother Saabir (tour Guide) was especially helpful on the first time we ventured out as a family with the group to the Jumarat and helped me shield my mums wheelchair as we entered in to the tunnels for the Jumarat. Even when we went for our first Umrah, we were divided into sub groups and taken by hand to fulfill our rituals.

I thank Allah that I was invited to Hajj 2008 and I was pared with an organisation such as British Hajj & Umrah Services, that delivered everything it had said and more and I feel our group was blessed with additional brothers that had joined the group to perform Hajj themselves and provide support as tour guides so our journey for Hajj went as smooth and as comfortable as possible.

Once again I recommend this group to any brother wishing to perform Hajj in the future as they are well organised allowing you to concentrate on your Hajj and like me if you have no option and need to take your child with you they will do there best to make it as safe and comfortable as possible.
Hajji 2008

London, UK

#2 May 23, 2009
Salaam,
I also went to Hajj in 2008 with British Hajj and Umrah.... and I don't remember any sisters in a wheelchair. Please if you can remind us of who she was, and where she is from. And where abouts in England are you from???

Very kind of you to say such nice things about British Hajj and Umrah, as I am almost 100% sure that all the pilgrims with this group in 2008 Hajj feel very differently about them.

Wassalaam...
British Hajj and Umrah

London, UK

#3 May 23, 2009
Shabbir, Ibrahim, Aziz, Nasim, and the rest of you's at British Hajj and Umrah Services:
Stop writing praising yourselves, behind curtains...\i think everyone knows how crap you are as a tour operator
sooo sad of you to go and pretend some1 actually liked you guys. reality check NO1 did. get it!!! every1 hated you.
haji babu 2008

London, UK

#4 Jun 9, 2009
Salams!

Yep, it seems Shabbir (Sabbir) Kothia (Kottia) is up to his tricks again. What a shame!

Unfortunately, all these guys who were going to sue British Hajj and Umrah Services (BHUS) haven't carried out their promises. I think they should.
duststorm

Melmore, OH

#5 Jun 9, 2009
go_easy wrote:
I went for Hajj in 2008 with British Hajj & Umrah Services. Masha-Allah I have only praise and may Allah shower his blessings on the group leaders of this group, they delivered all that they promised and more and kept us aware of the problems with delays as they occurr. The group supplied plenty of liquid refreshment in Arafah, Mina and Muzdallifah, beyond what they needed to provide as part of the package.
The Hotel in Makah Dar Al Tawhid was wonderful and to me felt closer to the Haram than what the brothers had stated, it was very tempting to pray in the room or in the hotel mosque but didn't as guilt took the better of me.
The Hotel in Medina was Mawadah Safwa a step down as advised in the seminar but still comfortable and what it lacked in comfort compared to the Hotel in Makah it made up for with the location it was in. It was over looking the Masjid in Medina and was so close. We were also upgraded to Full Board so that overcame any doubts that the satan was putting in my head.
Brother Saabir (tour Guide) was especially helpful on the first time we ventured out as a family with the group to the Jumarat and helped me shield my mums wheelchair as we entered in to the tunnels for the Jumarat. Even when we went for our first Umrah, we were divided into sub groups and taken by hand to fulfill our rituals.
I thank Allah that I was invited to Hajj 2008 and I was pared with an organisation such as British Hajj & Umrah Services, that delivered everything it had said and more and I feel our group was blessed with additional brothers that had joined the group to perform Hajj themselves and provide support as tour guides so our journey for Hajj went as smooth and as comfortable as possible.
Once again I recommend this group to any brother wishing to perform Hajj in the future as they are well organised allowing you to concentrate on your Hajj and like me if you have no option and need to take your child with you they will do there best to make it as safe and comfortable as possible.
Problem is, it won't do you any good to perform hajj. The Bible says that you can only be saved by the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast.
God bless you.
The Doctor

Teddington, UK

#6 Jun 21, 2009
Dear Brothers, Sisters and fellow travellers to Saudi Arabia,
This post is a result of an extremely bad experience involving a company called British Hajj and Umrah Services- previously based in Blackburn and now relocated near Preston. If you visit the website at www.hajis.co.uk , you'll conveniently find no postal address.
On the exterior, they seem a reputable company- good website, comes up near the top of most searches for Hajj and Umrah Packages- they've paid well for their advertising. However, as we discovered, there was nothing professional about the advice or service that this company provided- not just for us, but countless other families.
Copy the link below to read about the 30 welsh pilgrims that were stranded in Saudi as a result of the business owner, Shabbir Kothia's errors, and his assistant 'Brother Ibrahim', or Google '30 welsh pilgrims stranded in Mecca' I think there were about 250 stranded altogether, possibly from other parts of the UK, but I can't find the original link for that story
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk...name_p...
Between their company and a London-based company called Al-Ehsan, run by a Dr Zuhair Al-Batat, a catalogue of serious errors were made, resulting in a traumatising experience, which my family and I will never forget.
As a result of these errors, my husband and 4 children aged between 8-13- all fasting were left stranded at Jordan Airport during the last few days of Ramadan. The point of this posting is so that others do not make the same mistakes that we have made. Double check everything with the foreign office, and other agencies- never trust the word of some of these so called agents working 'for the cause of Allah'. The personal statement on their website makes me feel sick at the thought of all the grief that companies such as British Hajj and Umrah services and Al-Ehsan put countless families through year in year out.
There is very little regulation for these rogue agents, and if the only way for more people to be aware would be through forums such as this, then so be it. The 30 Welsh Pilgrims fought their case as far as I'm aware, all the way to the House of Lords, when they were advised that the legal costs would surmount any possible refund of the money they were so unfairly cheated out of, and that the rogue agents would file for bankruptcy- which was exactly what happened, allowing them to set up elsewhere, under a new location, and providing them with the means to do the same thing again to some other unsuspecting, trusting family
Please make sure you get everything in writing, do not be tempted to give in to 'cash requests' by any agent- we insisted on all monies being paid by cheque/ credit card, especially when we were told that paying by cash would mean no added cost of VAT to us. These companies pass the various parts of the package on to other agents, and work on commission- whilst you pay for the extra cost.
We need to be more proactive in ensuring rogue companies are more and more in the public eye and under scrutiny, to ensure that this kind of cheating is not allowed to happen to pilgrims- If even one person is saved from an experience like the one that we've had, it will have been worth sitting down and taking the time to share our story with everyone.
Kind regards, and God Bless,
The Doctor
Ps Mr Kotha, Looks like you have issues with many customers, from looking through past threads. Subhanallah, how things would have been different for us if more and more people who have had the displeasure of dealing with you and your unprofessionalism would have aired their concerns more frequently and on other forums. Inshallah, I hope you change your ways and God forgives you for your arrogance at trying to justify why things have gone wrong for so many people at YOUR hands. Until then, I'm sure your past mistakes will continue to be highlighted in different forums, such as this one.
Hajji 2012

Ashton In Makerfield, UK

#7 Dec 23, 2012
We used BHUS and I was so disappointed. Been waiting for this trip all my life. We went on the 23 day trip that was led by Sabbir. Sabbir is unprofessional, rude and a barefaced lier. He has no shame! I have nothing nice to say about him and his group. I Would never recommend them. If you have paid your deposit to them, like I had done and then found out about them, I would suggest you try and get a refund or forfeit the deposit!!
They took the joy away from some of the hajj rituals. We were left to find our own way around Mecca and its awful taxis drivers. We were left on our own to wait for a bus to Mina, we waited 3 hours on the side of the road! Most of the hajjies waiting with us were all in wheelchairs so we couldn't walk to Mina. All the group leaders including Sabbir ( who should have waited with us) were at Mina.
I can go on and on about all the things that went wrong with our trip ( and those are all the things that were in the control of our leaders) not the things they couldn't control!!
Worst part of the experience was Sabbirs attitude and rudeness! Having to deal with that while you are supposed to be in a spiritual mind was the toughest thing I have had to do. By the end of my trip I felt I had failed because I had lost my patience with him. That is something I will always hate him for!!
Every single member of our 23 day trip group feel the same way!
Don't use them.
Mrs M S Khan

Blackpool, UK

#8 Jul 11, 2013
Hajji 2012 should most definitely speak for herself not anyone else, I too was on the same group and was more than satisfied with the way my hajj went. Yes when we first arrived the hotel rooms were incredibly dirty but how is that the fault of the group leader. When the hotel staff arrived my room was cleaned and continued to be cleaned thereafter. In my opinion Mr Kothia is a firm but a very fair leader. I received everything that was promised to me and more. Yes I agree there were a number of people waiting for the bus to go to Mina but let me remind you, the remaining 230 people walked in groups, you were only on the border of Mina anyway but you chose to wait for a bus instead of walking like everyone else, why???? In all the pre hajj talks we were advised not to wait for the bus as walking is quicker, so why didn't you follow simple instructions?? All the guides advised me to walk so why didn't you? It's very easy to blame others instead of taking responsibility for your own actions, if you don't follow your guides and then blame others when things go wrong look in the mirror and blame yourself not others. I received everything promised to on my package Emirates flight, Madinah accomodation, food 3 times a day, accomodation near the Jamaraat, and Dar Al Tawheed Hotel in Makkah. Also reviewing some of the interviews on You Tube about British Hajj & Umrah Services I can categorically say not everyone felt the same way. I'm sure out of 265 or so hajis the organisation can live with one negative feedback. You cannot blame others for you losing your patience sister blame yourself, may Allah guide and protect us all.
All jhghhjk

Grays, UK

#10 Feb 24, 2016
British Hajj and Umrah wrote:
Shabbir, Ibrahim, Aziz, Nasim, and the rest of you's at British Hajj and Umrah Services:
Stop writing praising yourselves, behind curtains...\i think everyone knows how crap you are as a tour operator
sooo sad of you to go and pretend some1 actually liked you guys. reality check NO1 did. get it!!! every1 hated you.
Listen u wanker v ain't writing n e thing ourselves, v don't praise ourselves o each other mashallah people praise us 4 our good work, it's not our fault if u spent up n got nothing left, get a life n stop being a bitch or else I'll make u my bitch u bitch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Pres Donald J Tru... 122,617
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 286,424
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Lyndi 6,512
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min confrinting with ... 681,514
O.J. and Paula...June 11,1994: Malice Aforethou... 41 min Pres Donald J Tru... 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Here For Now 619,432
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 8 hr Daniel 1,024
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 hr Gabriel 982,157
More from around the web