Roderick Scott/Christopher Cervini casa

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Rochrider

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Apr 7, 2009
Let me preface my remarks by saying how truly sorry I am that the Cervini family has lost a child. And I'm sorry that Christopher Cervini will not be around to enjoy what could have been a very productive, long, and happy life.

However, what I can't understand is why Roderick Scott is in jail. What were three 17 year old kids doing roaming around at 3:30am? Where are their parents? And, weren't they breaking into cars?

It's time that we all follow Mr. Scott's example and take a stand any say "WE are mad as hell and we are not going to take it any more!" Gone should be the days where the criminals have more rights than the victims. Why should some thug attempting to take something that wasn't his, have a right to get physical with someone trying to stop the theft? Did these boy's families not teach them values, morals, respect? That is exactly what is wrong with America today. People do not teach their kids any of these things.

And finally, I have to say how very dissapointed in the Democrat and Chronicle. When I read the online story on this, there was no place for discussion. They may have since added a spot. Hoewever, if it were a black kid breaking in and a white man shot and killed him it would certainly have made the discussion boards on the paper's website. They would have crucified the dead black kid because he was thought to have been stealing. But the situation here is turned around and they provide no space to talk about it. Again, I'm sorry the kid is dead but perhaps if more people would begin to stand up for what's rightfully theirs, what they've worked hard for, then perhaps these thugs would stop stealing.

Roderick Scott, I will pray that when this goes to the grand jury, they have enough common sense between them to realize that what you did was heroic and I applaud you sir!
Alaina

United States

#2 Apr 8, 2009
I can halfway understand where you are coming from. The other half, I have no idea what is going through your head right now. You are absolutely right in wondering why those kids were out at 3 in the morning. Suspicions arrise from this, I understand that. But for you to applaud Mr. Scott astounds me. I can answer your question as to why Scott is currently in jail. HE SHOT AND KILLED CHRISTOPHER CERVINI. It's as plain and simple as that. What right did he have to shoot at those boys? What right did he have to take the life of a 17 year old boy? Did it ever cross your mind that he may not be telling the truth? If you think about it, what person in their right mind would ever come at another person who they see is holding a gun? It just doesn't make sense. And for you to pull the whole race thing into this is absolutely ridiculous. Also, what makes you think that you are so high and mighty to ask if Chris' parents tought him values, morals, and respect. You have no idea what their lives may have been like so for you to go and say things like that is completely disrespectful. How ironic. I was a friend of Chris and his death has had an enormous impact on me and all of Hilton High School. Just because I knew him does not mean that I am dismissing the fact that what they were doing early that morning was wrong. But it does not give Scott any right to murder a 17 year old boy, just beginning to enjoy life as a young adult. After going to his funeral today and coming home and reading posts like this, with people like you calling him a "thug", it just hurts. I just want to ask that you think of both sides of the spectrum here when making your comments. Also, I want to ask that you show some respect when making your comments, something that you yourself wondered if Chris had.
hiltonnchika

Hilton, NY

#3 Apr 9, 2009
kids will b kids and everyone as teens have done stupid things but u don't die over it. He was not doing it for self defence either. He shot him when he was trying to run away and then chris fell and started to get up to live but was hot again scott better b in jail
Angela

United States

#5 Jul 2, 2009
When i herd that Chris was killed i could not control my emotions for days it was as if i was just confused.I look at the news paper article and what people comment. It hurts so much to see a person who did not know Chris's situation or life, judge. Anyone who believes in any way this man deserves to walk needs to think. Would you feel the same if it was your son? Brother? Cousin? or even just friend? I don't think so.
What was he doing at that time? We don't need to be stupid. Although i was not there he very well may have been looking for things to steal. Okay, in any law or part of America is death an approprate punishment? NO. This man deserves to go to jail for the rest of his life no question. No probation, no getting out for good behavior, nothing but a long hard time for him to understand what he has done. Not only to one 17 Year old boy but to the boys family, to his mother, to his friends. All the impact it has beyond the one life he took.
I am Chris's cousin, one day i was talking to his mother, my aunt. She told me when she was giving birth to chris, there were complications. All she did was pray, pray to god to give her this little boy. To let her show him love and to let him live even if for only a little while. I never knew this story before Chris was gone. But i do know Kathy, you gave Chris the most love anyone could have.
I will always miss Chris, I love you Chris!
IHateThieves

United States

#6 Aug 6, 2009
I'm glad this kid is dead. I like my stuff right where it is and not in his hands....hopefully Rod gets out and can shoot some more thieves and do more good for Rochester. Rod for President!!!
KNOW WHEREYOURKIDSARE

Rochester, NY

#7 Aug 25, 2009
Some time has passed now and I still think often of this incident and what the outcome will be for Mr Scott. I recall this night clearly - the weather was horrible. It was windy and raining and pretty bad outside this night. Now its 3:30 am and there are figures with hoodies on ( what was the size of these boys?) How was he to know they are teenagers just being STUPID? The fact is this - if these kids were home tucked into bed and asleep where they should have been this NEVER would have happened. Not only was Cervini out at 3:30am but he was with his cousins that I assume the Cervini parents were responsible for this evening - good parenting. Now with Officer Ball being fired and his reports of the night in question Mr Scott may get off and be home every night sleeping soundly in his bed.
watch-dog

Keuka Park, NY

#8 Nov 24, 2009
The teens were being mischievous, they were thieving and vandalizing, but that is no reason for Scott to bring upon these teens his own brand of vigilante justice? All Scott had to do was call 9-1-1 and let law enforcement handle it. If the teens broke into his home at 3:30 am, the use of deadly physical force would have certainly been justified. Sadly that is not what happened.

#1. The petty crime was NOT on Scott's property, it was on someone else's.

#2. If there was the commission of a violent crime on someone else's property where someone's life was being threatened then I could understand Scott springing into action. Again sadly this is not what happened.

Scott overstepped his legal boundaries and must pay for his actions.
ohwell

Rochester, NY

#9 Nov 30, 2009
@Alaina
"what person in their right mind would ever come at another person who they see is holding a gun"
Exactly! Toxicology test results show Chris had alcohol, marijuana, and amphetamines in his system at the time of his death. He was doped up on drugs, stealing from his neighbors. It's a tragedy, but one of his own making.
Jane Doe

Rochester, NY

#10 Dec 2, 2009
Rochrider wrote:
Let me preface my remarks by saying how truly sorry I am that the Cervini family has lost a child. And I'm sorry that Christopher Cervini will not be around to enjoy what could have been a very productive, long, and happy life.
However, what I can't understand is why Roderick Scott is in jail. What were three 17 year old kids doing roaming around at 3:30am? Where are their parents? And, weren't they breaking into cars?
It's time that we all follow Mr. Scott's example and take a stand any say "WE are mad as hell and we are not going to take it any more!" Gone should be the days where the criminals have more rights than the victims. Why should some thug attempting to take something that wasn't his, have a right to get physical with someone trying to stop the theft? Did these boy's families not teach them values, morals, respect? That is exactly what is wrong with America today. People do not teach their kids any of these things.
And finally, I have to say how very dissapointed in the Democrat and Chronicle. When I read the online story on this, there was no place for discussion. They may have since added a spot. Hoewever, if it were a black kid breaking in and a white man shot and killed him it would certainly have made the discussion boards on the paper's website. They would have crucified the dead black kid because he was thought to have been stealing. But the situation here is turned around and they provide no space to talk about it. Again, I'm sorry the kid is dead but perhaps if more people would begin to stand up for what's rightfully theirs, what they've worked hard for, then perhaps these thugs would stop stealing.
Roderick Scott, I will pray that when this goes to the grand jury, they have enough common sense between them to realize that what you did was heroic and I applaud you sir!
YOU are a complete moron and are the reason that our country is in the shape it is. GUNS KILL AND THIS CASE PROVES IT! You need more to do with your time than applaud idiots with a nasty habit of thinking they own the world. I hope you rot with him.
Ha Ha

Geneseo, NY

#11 Dec 2, 2009
Jane Doe wrote:
<quoted text>YOU are a complete moron and are the reason that our country is in the shape it is. GUNS KILL AND THIS CASE PROVES IT! You need more to do with your time than applaud idiots with a nasty habit of thinking they own the world. I hope you rot with him.
And YOU are a complete MORON for teaching criminals that it is ok to steal, assult & possibly kill your victim, because people like YOU will be on thier trial to will let them go.

If you don't have the stomach to put the evil in it's place, you deserve to live in hell.
unknown

Rochester, NY

#12 Dec 2, 2009
wow. To all that wanna dis
if you knew him it would be differant
if you dont then shut your mouth
IHateThieves..... omfg
i hope your kid gets shot walking down the road
ill laff in your face
It is all Relative

Albany, NY

#13 Dec 3, 2009
It is amazing that so few can see the forest through the trees. Some here just want to ignite a response for their own benefit. Wow, look how I made this person so mad. How small your life must be. What's the matter, didn't you ever feel loved or something? I think some of these people never had children or had them so long ago, they think it was easy. I was not the best child, but I became someone who others rely on to live their lives. Did I ever steal? You bet I did. Am I sorry? Dam straight. Black? White? It doesn't matter. Someone else's mistake does not allow you to make you to compound that with your own. Life is serious. Once it is gone, you can't replace it. Anyone that thinks there is a hero here, is just not intelligent enough to be useful. The trial is here to determine one thing only. Did Mr. Scott kill this boy justly. The jury has been selected. The trial will run it's course and a verdict will be delivered. Are you interested enough to make a comment? Why not attend the trial so you can make an educated comment? Hear the facts and see the evidence before you comment. As to all you haters- go find someone.. before we see you in the news.
It is very obvious

Rochester, NY

#14 Dec 3, 2009
Oh noble one......it is all relative..I do agree with you...but you sound fairly "informed" without any real info yourself. None of us were there.....it is so sad that a life was lost. There is no excuse for killing unless your own life in endangered by someone doing a wrong deed. Scott should have called 911 and STAYED INSIDE if he was so fearful that the kids ACROSS THE STREET would be at his door before 911 got there...it's so ridiculously obvious what happened here. what an IDIOT. He wanted to kill and he did. Now he'll serve time if justice is to prevail.
Cervinis-Rock

Albion, NY

#15 Dec 4, 2009
I am sorry but you are an idiot.
Shooting someone for going in a car makes you a hero?
Since when do we as people get death sentences for opening a car door?
If the police would have gotten there before Scott took the law into his hands, then even if the kids would have moved, they would not have even touched their guns. The police would NEVER have done that.
Hero my ass. He straight up murdered a kid, there is nothing else to it.
Alaina wrote:
I can halfway understand where you are coming from. The other half, I have no idea what is going through your head right now. You are absolutely right in wondering why those kids were out at 3 in the morning. Suspicions arrise from this, I understand that. But for you to applaud Mr. Scott astounds me. I can answer your question as to why Scott is currently in jail. HE SHOT AND KILLED CHRISTOPHER CERVINI. It's as plain and simple as that. What right did he have to shoot at those boys? What right did he have to take the life of a 17 year old boy? Did it ever cross your mind that he may not be telling the truth? If you think about it, what person in their right mind would ever come at another person who they see is holding a gun? It just doesn't make sense. And for you to pull the whole race thing into this is absolutely ridiculous. Also, what makes you think that you are so high and mighty to ask if Chris' parents tought him values, morals, and respect. You have no idea what their lives may have been like so for you to go and say things like that is completely disrespectful. How ironic. I was a friend of Chris and his death has had an enormous impact on me and all of Hilton High School. Just because I knew him does not mean that I am dismissing the fact that what they were doing early that morning was wrong. But it does not give Scott any right to murder a 17 year old boy, just beginning to enjoy life as a young adult. After going to his funeral today and coming home and reading posts like this, with people like you calling him a "thug", it just hurts. I just want to ask that you think of both sides of the spectrum here when making your comments. Also, I want to ask that you show some respect when making your comments, something that you yourself wondered if Chris had.
Cervinis-Rock

Albion, NY

#16 Dec 4, 2009
The fact that you could ever say such a thing is disgusting. It makes you the biggest low life on earth. I lovve how you keep your name unknown you peice of shit.
unknown wrote:
wow. To all that wanna dis
if you knew him it would be differant
if you dont then shut your mouth
IHateThieves..... omfg
i hope your kid gets shot walking down the road
ill laff in your face
Cervinis-Rock

Albion, NY

#17 Dec 4, 2009
I am sorry, I didnt mean to yell at you before, I was commenting on the same one that you had been commenting on.
Alaina wrote:
Smarterthanhim

Medina, NY

#18 Dec 8, 2009
I will find this trial very interesting since James Cervini is going in today to testify yet what he is saying is something completely different than the statement he made to police. I believe Mr. Scott should be set free, these thugs needed to learn a lesson and since James was on probation I am wondering why he was not taken into custody, no one better touch anything of mine.
Smarterthanhim

Medina, NY

#19 Dec 8, 2009
Alaina wrote:
Scott is not in jail and has not been for quite some time.
Rods Friend

Summerfield, FL

#20 Dec 14, 2009
Rod is a very large strong man. The punk he shot was like 140 pds soaking wet. I don't know why Rod just did not whip the white boys MF ass rather than shoot the kid. I mean the kid would have just gotten more probation if Rod just called the cops instead of what he did. He is the kind of guy that don't take any shit from any MF but he really should have thought this one out.
Rods Friend

Summerfield, FL

#21 Dec 14, 2009
Smarterthanhim wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott is not in jail and has not been for quite some time.
Well honey if you hungs around with peoples that rob and steal you need to finds some new friends. He was no saint for sure but I agrees with you Rod should not have made a shootin out of it. Rod is sufferin, he is in finances troubles and had to pay the lawyer 40,000 dollers so far/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min roymoores tightie... 42,314
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 3 hr Paul McCartney is... 633
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 4 hr Paul McCartney is... 5
Zumo de aloe vera al por mayor 5 hr okyaloaloedrink 1
Palm Coast Injury Attorney 7 hr Chiumento3 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 7 hr Johnny 152
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Tellthetruth 989,782
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr PadMark 690,521
More from around the web