California Town May Snub Out Smoking at Home

Full story: ABC News

Dozens packed the Belmont city council chambers tonight for the first public airing of a new smoking ban proposal.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 07

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

sigh,the neofascists live.

1st commandment..you shall not smoke.
Frank

Fort Mohave, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Fair's fair, if we can't do any other kinds of drugs you addicts shouldn't be able to do yours either.
Frank

Fort Mohave, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

First post was removed. Again, if others cannot do their drug of choice you shouldn't be allowed to either.

“100% Princess”

Since: Jan 07

and totally harmless

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Can you say "Nanny State'???
Spuds

Carlton, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Great idea for Californians, go for it.
Frank

Fort Mohave, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Hitesrunprincess wrote:
Can you say "Nanny State'???
Can you say "all other drug laws"???

Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

California is going to loose a lot of money with visitors and taxes lost. Ban NUMB NUTS in 'the pocket' of the foundation buying it all!
Yes but

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Maby we can build a fence around California.

Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2007

Frank wrote:
Fair's fair, if we can't do any other kinds of drugs you addicts shouldn't be able to do yours either.
Agenda's in the wing are coffee and soda pops. Wake Up!!!!

“"veritas medius aecus vallum"”

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

This is great! I was thinking about getting into the blackmarket in cigarettes! Now it's confirmed.

Let's see, I will need; trenchcoat with multiple pockets stitched inside, very dark sunglasses, cheap lighters to give away free with each carton purchased.........

“Searching for the True America”

Dallas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Another dumb idea that will be almost impossible to enforce and that will wind up costing the city more money in the long run.

Is there any way to elect politicians and have them NOT pass any new laws for the first four years they are in office?

“REMMBER ME ”

Since: Feb 07

LONDON UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

MAKES MEWANT SMOKE MORE.......... BABY
Juan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

The ban is for multi-family units cuz if you have ever lived in an apartment, that smell gets out all over the place. I'm currently smoking a cigarette right now, and blowing the smoke underneath my door through a rubber tube. My hopes is too influence my nieghbors smoking preference so that I might more easily be able to bum smokes off of them. If they smell my sweet camels, they will grow desire and buy them. The plan is genious and legal in the great state of Illinois. california sucks!

“REMMBER ME ”

Since: Feb 07

LONDON UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

I LOVE TO SMOKE
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Follow the money trail to the smoking bans. Who profits, RWJ Foundation, aka Johnson & Johnson marketing smoking cessation products
http://www.rwjf.org/
Just An Observer

Oscoda, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

I have to comment on this issue, because I just read about it last night. I don't smoke, but, having said that, I will never support this kind of mentality. It's pure discrimination, targeting, privacy invading, and everything else I can think of in regards to what is becoming wrong with America. You may not like smokers, but they do have the right to smoke in the privacy of their home. What next? You don't like people who read Playboy or Penthouse, or wine drinkers, or what? People have the right to the privacy of their homes, and the Gov't needs now to butt out!(get the pun?!) You want to target somebody, target the FDA, who allows tobacco to sit on any shelf in any American store or gas station. They have known for 50+ years or more that tobacco is a killing substance, yet they still allow it on the shelves. As long as tobacco IS legal to pruchase, smokers have a right to smoke! You may not like it, but it's their right. I will NEVER support this kind of mentality in our country.
Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

I thought there was something called the constitution that kept people from prying on your business at your own home.
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Since: Dec 06

New Jersey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

There is no scientific proof, so they have no right (not they would have a right anyway) There has never been s study done with "the street" or "apts" as the locale. Even the studies they have done show no harm or maybe a weak link to SHS. This is just about smell. And you know what.. I know people that dont like the smell. If there were really that many people that didnt want to be around it, the apt or condo owners would make their apts non smoking and reap the profits. Govt controll is not neccessary. BUT I do hope this law passes. I want this to be in the limelight. Your avg Joe WILL hear about it if it passes. I suggest if it does smoker flood the streets. Let them ticket and fine you all they want.. make sure you all go to your court date too. Flood the coutrs. Make them see how ridiculus this is.. Make the news... avg joe has to see what is happening.. this could be the proverbial straw....
DryCow

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2007

Yes but wrote:
Maby we can build a fence around California.
You can count me in!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of39
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

567 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Chess 532,173
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Aura Mytha 719,750
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min crusty 114,922
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min Strength and Honor 172,165
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min Rosa_Winkel 93,636
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Aura Mytha 223,962
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Insults Are Easier 256,327
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr Naveen kumar 4,442
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••