Why NON Believers don't Believe in God.

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 70
Next Last
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#1 Aug 25, 2008
Basically people without faith are exactly like men born blind. If a friend tells them about 'Light' they say,'Prove it to me !" or " Light is only a Myth, a Superstition ".

Only God can cure the man's blindenss, as Only God can make the non-Believer, believe. He do it slowly, He can do it through the pressures and ordeals of our sin filled lives, He can do the way He did for Saint Paul by blinding him, knocking him off his horse, and speaking directly to him. Seek God in your heart, do it before some danger or affliction leaves you no other option, but however or whenever you seek God, get the job done while you can. Once you die you are judged for the life you lead, the desires of your heart, and the relationship you have with God. For the faithful that is nothing to be feared, for the atheists, they have a very frightening fate awaiting them.

I am always amazed when people demand that we believers prove there is a God. Better they should ask why do Billions around the world, and across the span of man's existence believe in God, and yet a handful of Blind people like themselves imagine that God does not exist. When you are cured of your blindness, you will know that God is always present, he is reading this with you right now. God is the most real part of the universe, the one part that always existed, and always will exist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2 Aug 25, 2008
I think that you need to better define what you mean by "non-believers".

While there are people that do not believe in God there are also people that are "non-believers" in Christianity but do believe that God exists. Which example are you referring to.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#3 Aug 25, 2008
Junker wrote:
I think that you need to better define what you mean by "non-believers".
While there are people that do not believe in God there are also people that are "non-believers" in Christianity but do believe that God exists. Which example are you referring to.
While Catholics and many Christians know the truth revealed by God, the post here is a discussion of the true reality of God, and the fact that even the most primitive cultures far from God, believed in a greater power, a God. It was not until God began to reveal Himself that humans came to know the true nature of God, culminating in the ultimate revelation of God, Emmanuel (God Among Us), the Messiah foretold by the Jewish Prophets, The 'Lamb of God', The Christ, The Savior of the world, the second person of the Holy Trinity, God Himself, Jesus Christ.

Before Christ the savior, and before God began his revelation, the spirit within us deeply yearned for God as it always must. The nature of man is to seek God, and that accounts for the primitive man making up what he could only imagine from the deepest desires of his being. God who is real, and ever present.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#4 Aug 25, 2008
Non Believers are people who fail to believe in God. Those who imagine God a myth, or a figment of imagination. They who believe in the wrong interpretation of God, and yet seek God are believers in God, just not true believers, because they have yet to gain the truth. The Jews know the True God, because God revealed Himself through the prophets, and Moses, etc. Christians add to that experience. But for the purpose of illustrating the human desire and seeking of God, anyone who imagines the existence of God, is for the purpose of this discussion, a believer.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#5 Aug 25, 2008
Ed Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
While Catholics and many Christians know the truth revealed by God, the post here is a discussion of the true reality of God, and the fact that even the most primitive cultures far from God, believed in a greater power, a God. It was not until God began to reveal Himself that humans came to know the true nature of God, culminating in the ultimate revelation of God, Emmanuel (God Among Us), the Messiah foretold by the Jewish Prophets, The 'Lamb of God', The Christ, The Savior of the world, the second person of the Holy Trinity, God Himself, Jesus Christ.
Before Christ the savior, and before God began his revelation, the spirit within us deeply yearned for God as it always must. The nature of man is to seek God, and that accounts for the primitive man making up what he could only imagine from the deepest desires of his being. God who is real, and ever present.
That's a lotta typin' just to answer, "There's only the Christian God. All other beliefs are basically atheistic."

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#6 Aug 25, 2008
Ed Burke wrote:
Non Believers are people who fail to believe in God. Those who imagine God a myth, or a figment of imagination. They who believe in the wrong interpretation of God, and yet seek God are believers in God, just not true believers, because they have yet to gain the truth. The Jews know the True God, because God revealed Himself through the prophets, and Moses, etc. Christians add to that experience.

But for the purpose of illustrating the human desire and seeking of God, anyone who imagines the existence of God, is for the purpose of this discussion, a believer.
Yes, you see the flaw in that first answer too, dontcha? This one broadens it out so much more. That's good - many Christians, especially fundamentalists, cannot see the distinction you apply here.

Location hidden

#7 Aug 25, 2008
I think that maybe even within the group of "believers" you will find varying degrees of just who and what God is and the role that God plays in their lives. Each individual will interpret and apply that God according to their needs and faith.

I ask this question. Are you talking about God in the sense of how a "Christian" would interpret him or how a non-Christian but believes in God would interpret him. The question at this point might have gotten to broad. Evidence of a broad God can be found on just about any thread that God becomes to topic of.

Sorry for the need of further explanation but it is still not clear what direction you are wanting this thread to go in.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#8 Aug 26, 2008
Junker wrote:
I think that maybe even within the group of "believers" you will find varying degrees of just who and what God is and the role that God plays in their lives. Each individual will interpret and apply that God according to their needs and faith.
I ask this question. Are you talking about God in the sense of how a "Christian" would interpret him or how a non-Christian but believes in God would interpret him. The question at this point might have gotten to broad. Evidence of a broad God can be found on just about any thread that God becomes to topic of.
Sorry for the need of further explanation but it is still not clear what direction you are wanting this thread to go in.
There are many who consider themselves 'believers' who devote no time at all in their lives to actual faith, prayer and worship. Then we have those who engage in what might best be termed,'Fire Insurance'. A mish-mash of pseudo christian beliefs that has them claiming they were born again, and saved, and/or have a personal relationship with Jesus, but who have no real regular participation in church service, worship, prayer, avoiding sin, etc., etc. but hope to avoid the firey end. Many of them will discover their insurance was cancelled long ago.

Now actual faith, and the belief has to be something vital, and imporatant in out lives everyday. The blind don't see that, they need to be cured of their blindness. If you weren't blind yourself you would 'see' this. God wants passionate people, and He provides the passion to those who seek to love. Finding the actual God of Creation is indeed the search for the Christian God, the difference is that He is alive, and aware of everyone and everything, so seeking Him, if you have the true desire to do so, is actualy pretty easy. But if you're just faking He knows, because well, He made you.

Since: Oct 07

Cary, IL

#9 Aug 26, 2008
Ed Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many who consider themselves 'believers' who devote no time at all in their lives to actual faith, prayer and worship. Then we have those who engage in what might best be termed,'Fire Insurance'. A mish-mash of pseudo christian beliefs that has them claiming they were born again, and saved, and/or have a personal relationship with Jesus, but who have no real regular participation in church service, worship, prayer, avoiding sin, etc., etc. but hope to avoid the firey end. Many of them will discover their insurance was cancelled long ago.
Now actual faith, and the belief has to be something vital, and imporatant in out lives everyday. The blind don't see that, they need to be cured of their blindness. If you weren't blind yourself you would 'see' this. God wants passionate people, and He provides the passion to those who seek to love. Finding the actual God of Creation is indeed the search for the Christian God, the difference is that He is alive, and aware of everyone and everything, so seeking Him, if you have the true desire to do so, is actualy pretty easy. But if you're just faking He knows, because well, He made you.
Just as there are many people who consider themselves believers who use their faith to justify hatred and injustice. There are many people who consider themselves believers in the teachings of Jesus Christ who warp those teachings into a message of hatred.

What's your point?
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#10 Aug 26, 2008
Logic Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as there are many people who consider themselves believers who use their faith to justify hatred and injustice. There are many people who consider themselves believers in the teachings of Jesus Christ who warp those teachings into a message of hatred.
What's your point?

True believers seek God in humility and truth, not with a pre-planned agenda, like Fire insurance. When we seek the almighty 'as a child' God ends our blindness because He wishes us to know Him, the real Him, as revealed by His son, and to a lesser degree by the prophets who preceeded the Messiah.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#11 Aug 26, 2008
Faith is a gift. We cannot earn it, and it is given freely. Sin is a barrier to that which must be overcome by repentance, and a true heart. Hatred of anyone walls one off from God, hate is the opposite of God. The gift is freely given, but many choose not to receive it. We who have Faith must pray and do penance for those among us we wish to save. How this helps is something called a mystery, but we have God's word that it is of value. Suffering, when done with a heart that seeks God, can have immense value. Jesus being crucified was the best example of this. To be crucified was considered so horrible, and torturous that it was not permitted to happen to a Roman citizen, no matter his crime. That the God of Abraham permitted this to be inflicted on His only beloved son, and that His son, so loved His heavenly father that He willingly agreed to endure it, speaks across the span of eternity to how loving, and great is the God we humans so casually ignore. This was done to save us, just as the one sin of Adam condemned all, the one act has the ability to save all. Sin separates us from this immeasurable incalcuable love, and all that it promises. Scripture has Jesus describes heaven as a place so wonderful, that anyone who knew of it would immediately sell all that he owns to possess it. Those who sin, and offend God throw away that which they would give everything to posess, such is the enormity of their blindness.

Location hidden

#12 Aug 26, 2008
So to you, God does not exist outside the Christian faith. I assume from what you have said that you are only looking for "believers" that also profess to be Christian.

I think that you went from broadening your definition of "believer" to narrowing it back down. Just what is it that you want the topic of this thread to be? I still see no sense of direction except for you to put qualifications on who is a believer in God and who is not.

“LOVE My BOO [&] FAMiLy”

Since: Aug 08

SACRAMENTO CALi [BAyBEE]

#13 Aug 26, 2008
ppl must not know who gave dem breath and who made dem and all dat.. if u don't believe in him den it's a waste of time u being on dis earth..cus GOD made u..not ur mom and dad..payce.

“LOVE My BOO [&] FAMiLy”

SACRAMENTO CALi [BAyBEE]

#14 Aug 26, 2008
there is a GOD...and it dnt matter if u believe him or not..jus to let u know dat HE LOVES YOU..

Since: Feb 07

Greenville, SC

#15 Aug 26, 2008
Religious people are all such idiots. Everytime I talk to one, I feel more secure in my secular, non-theistic beliefs. We should just let them all kill each other, which is what they are hell bent on doing anyhow.
Mac

East Aurora, NY

#16 Aug 26, 2008
There is no god.

There is no man on the moon.

There is no Thor, Zeus, Mithra, Apollo, or Kronus for that matter, either, yet if we lived in Europe during the time those gods were worshipped you'd all be just feverish in your belief of them.
Random Stranger

New York, NY

#17 Aug 26, 2008
If you need to beleive in it then good for you. If you don't need to beleive in it then good for you. It it what it is, no need to preach it. There's nothing else that needs to be said of any religion. So please don't post any scriptures. Thanks
Mac

East Aurora, NY

#18 Aug 26, 2008
SXYSAMOAN69 wrote:
there is a GOD...and it dnt matter if u believe him or not..jus to let u know dat HE LOVES YOU..
I'd prefer love on this Earth in the form of humans loving each other, than believing in being loved by the man on the moon. That's loving someone who can't love you back, because he/she doesn't exist.

"Blasphemy is a victimless crime."
Mac

East Aurora, NY

#19 Aug 26, 2008
Ed Burke wrote:
Basically people without faith are exactly like men born blind. If a friend tells them about 'Light' they say,'Prove it to me !" or " Light is only a Myth, a Superstition ".
Only God can cure the man's blindenss, as Only God can make the non-Believer, believe. He do it slowly, He can do it through the pressures and ordeals of our sin filled lives, He can do the way He did for Saint Paul by blinding him, knocking him off his horse, and speaking directly to him. Seek God in your heart, do it before some danger or affliction leaves you no other option, but however or whenever you seek God, get the job done while you can. Once you die you are judged for the life you lead, the desires of your heart, and the relationship you have with God. For the faithful that is nothing to be feared, for the atheists, they have a very frightening fate awaiting them.
I am always amazed when people demand that we believers prove there is a God. Better they should ask why do Billions around the world, and across the span of man's existence believe in God, and yet a handful of Blind people like themselves imagine that God does not exist. When you are cured of your blindness, you will know that God is always present, he is reading this with you right now. God is the most real part of the universe, the one part that always existed, and always will exist.
Light exists and can be scientifically proven. Same goes for wind.

Non-believers don't need to prove that God does not exist. That's like saying they need to prove unicorns don't exist.

What is the definition of sin? I can lead a moral and ethical life. I have absolutely no need, nor does the world, to believe in a god/gods to be decent.

I've believed before. I almost died of carbon monoxide poisoning (inadvertant, not self-inflicted). I can tell you there were no angles or afterlife. No hell, just nothing. Total blackness. Not unpleasant, not pleasant, just nothing.

“LOVE My BOO [&] FAMiLy”

SACRAMENTO CALi [BAyBEE]

#20 Aug 26, 2008
well i don't care wat ya'll non-believers think and say about my god cus there is one.. and if it wasn't for him u wudn't be able to live dis day.. god bless ur lil' heart. i'll believe him and don't care if ya'll don't cus all ya'll goin to hell...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 70
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 2,566
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min UMAKEWORLDPEACEUM... 119,084
Melania Trump's hair shines in Saudi sun 23 min Trump worshiper 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Holy Jehowa Witness 679,020
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 38 min Holy Jehowa Witness 46,213
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 982,139
Gangbang with my Girlfriend. (Mar '11) 2 hr Kinky1ntn 33
More from around the web