Westhill Consulting - Mass internet s...

Westhill Consulting - Mass internet surveillance whistleblower goes public

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Since: Jun 13

Switzerland

#1 Jun 12, 2013
The United States bulk surveillance scandal is continuing unabated with further revelations about the NSA PRISM programme and the person who leaked information about it.
Speaking to the Guardian, which first broke the news about the pervasive US government surveillance that involves "direct access" to customer data from nine of the largest technology companies, 29-year old Edward Snowden — who worked for the NSA for a decade — said he blew the whistle on the scheme as a matter of principle.
Snowden said he wanted to inform the public of what he viewed as an "existential threat to democracy".
Money was not the motivation for Snowden, who said the US government had granted itself powers it is not entitled to and that there was no public oversight.
"The result is people like myself have the latitude to go further than they are allowed to," Snowden told the Guardian.

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/346142,mass-int...
Cisco Kid

Clements, CA

#2 Jun 12, 2013
nathalieflex wrote:
The United States bulk surveillance scandal is continuing unabated with further revelations about the NSA PRISM programme and the person who leaked information about it.
Speaking to the Guardian, which first broke the news about the pervasive US government surveillance that involves "direct access" to customer data from nine of the largest technology companies, 29-year old Edward Snowden — who worked for the NSA for a decade — said he blew the whistle on the scheme as a matter of principle.
Snowden said he wanted to inform the public of what he viewed as an "existential threat to democracy".
Money was not the motivation for Snowden, who said the US government had granted itself powers it is not entitled to and that there was no public oversight.
"The result is people like myself have the latitude to go further than they are allowed to," Snowden told the Guardian.
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/346142,mass-int...
People generally get what they ask for.
Did folks expect something other than totalitarian tyranny when they voted for Obama?

We've always wanted a president that listened to the people.
Instead we got one that's listening in on everybody.
Big Brother is watching you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 min River Tam 37,096
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 2 hr Johnny 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr oneear69 688,786
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Aerobatty 988,536
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 4 hr oneear69 11
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 5 hr Johnny 19
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr My opinion 6,549
More from around the web