should speaking spanish be banned in ...

SHOULD SPEAKING SPANISH BE BANNED IN THE US ?

Created by Toto on Oct 30, 2007

901 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes, I'm sick of it

No, spanish is kewl

I don't care, I want my beer

“Let It Go”

Since: Jul 08

Kernersville, NC

#494 Jul 1, 2009
globalcitizen wrote:
Spanish will be the official language of the whole Americas by 2050.
when you will have among more than 1 billion people:
-600 million Spanish speakers
-250 million portuguese
-20 million french speakers
-and less than 200 million English speakers.
then the future paths are obvious.
the irony of calling a language called English as the American way is to oxymoron to leave it aside..
I got to copy this

“Let It Go”

Kernersville, NC

#495 Jul 1, 2009
MadMaxThunderDome wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your passive aggression and you laughable attempts at sounding educated.
You have been controlled and will be controlled from birth to death.
You never had and never will have "freedom". Creatures like you, irregardless of race, don't deserve it.
I have enough education to get your attention. Talking to someone like you is just a work out.
watefer

United States

#496 Jul 1, 2009
jusayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I got to copy this
Don't be too hasty!
While the demographics imply that the hispanic population is projected to be between a third and a fourth of the overall population by 2050 it does not take into account that most will be second and third generation who are born in the United States and will be somewhat assimilated to U.S. culture to varying degrees.

What IS happening is that many of the current second or third generation hispanics have now graduated from college, are involved in national politics and have become corporate leaders. This is obviously based on the fact that they have picked up some English somewhere and decided to leverage that knowledge.

I see no problem with an increase in spanish being spoken. I only feel that it should not be subsidized by the government without also subsidizing every other immigrants native language. I for one see that cost as the road to ruin and no "unifying" benefit to it.

So, I guess I support English as the official government language with private business and institutions free to loose or make money as they see fit by including or excluding what language they wish to speak in.

But to ban any one language from being spoken in public is just unworkable and stupid to boot!
just an allusion

Prospect, KY

#497 Jul 1, 2009
No, it should not be banned...The Spanish/Hispanic community should merely learn to speak English just as every other non-English nationality has that has
immigrated/moved here to America.
just an allusion

Prospect, KY

#498 Jul 1, 2009
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said..an excellent and fair post!The more languages that a person can learn,the better for his future. That's just common sense!If is like using just one of your hands instead of using the two hands! Simple!
Yes! They'll never be able to realize their full potential if they continue to purposefully limit themselves by alienating themselves from the culture which they which to integrate with, but then, that is the case in any number of other scenarios that continue to plague our cultural evolvement.
just an allusion

Prospect, KY

#499 Jul 1, 2009
Teacher Lady wrote:
We enable ignorance in this country and it isn't just limited to not knowing English.
A very intuitive perception, and ever so true.

“Let It Go”

Burlington, NC

#500 Jul 1, 2009
watefer wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be too hasty!
While the demographics imply that the hispanic population is projected to be between a third and a fourth of the overall population by 2050 it does not take into account that most will be second and third generation who are born in the United States and will be somewhat assimilated to U.S. culture to varying degrees.
What IS happening is that many of the current second or third generation hispanics have now graduated from college, are involved in national politics and have become corporate leaders. This is obviously based on the fact that they have picked up some English somewhere and decided to leverage that knowledge.
I see no problem with an increase in spanish being spoken. I only feel that it should not be subsidized by the government without also subsidizing every other immigrants native language. I for one see that cost as the road to ruin and no "unifying" benefit to it.
So, I guess I support English as the official government language with private business and institutions free to loose or make money as they see fit by including or excluding what language they wish to speak in.
But to ban any one language from being spoken in public is just unworkable and stupid to boot!
Your post proves a point I had earlier. Places like Florida have a large hispanic population. Looking out how conditions in that state could predict how things could be nationally. Many communities are not preparted for such a change.

“Let It Go”

Burlington, NC

#501 Jul 1, 2009
watefer wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be too hasty!
PS-

This post just infuriates those who just want to see America for the current majority. Some people can't stand the fact that someone else can come here, advance so quickly, and 'take' their positions of power.

Someone has already addressed that as a minority I am to be controlled, or under someone else's feet. It makes them feel superior to think someone is beneath them. The reality that their lose of a percieved power is going to be shaken pretty soon.

This is something out of anyone's control. Many will either have to adapt to the change that's coming or role over in their graves.

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#502 Jul 2, 2009
jusayin wrote:
<quoted text>
PS-
This post just infuriates those who just want to see America for the current majority. Some people can't stand the fact that someone else can come here, advance so quickly, and 'take' their positions of power.
Someone has already addressed that as a minority I am to be controlled, or under someone else's feet. It makes them feel superior to think someone is beneath them. The reality that their lose of a percieved power is going to be shaken pretty soon.
This is something out of anyone's control. Many will either have to adapt to the change that's coming or role over in their graves.
you are a smart cookie
HABLEMOS ESPANOL

Waterford, MI

#503 Jul 2, 2009
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>you are a smart cookie
Listen creep!
Post in Spanish.You are posting from the Cuban owned State of Florida!I'm Venezuelan,but I must accept that Cubans are far superiors than us!Vivan los CubanosAmericanos!
Indigena, que clase de 'guataca' eres;ves un rubio y enseguida te agachas! Raton!
MadMaxThunderDom e

New York, NY

#504 Jul 2, 2009
jusayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I have enough education to get your attention. Talking to someone like you is just a work out.
Whatever you have to tell yourself to "make you feel better".
What got my "attention" was the need to correct your self serving,delusional posts.
Seeing you project your obvious anger toward the white people & ruling class with every reactionary post is most amusing.
I feel secure knowing not much will change.
MadMaxThunderDom e

New York, NY

#505 Jul 2, 2009
jusayin wrote:
<quoted text>
PS-
You are hilariously clueless. I love it. Nothing's going to change. The way the world works is obviously way beyond your comprehension.
There you go making it a race thing again. That's the card you conveniently reach for often don't you. Whether you are green or orange, you would still be the creature with the severe lack of comprehension and reactionary nature.
As I have said before, it's not a race thing.
Look at Oprah and her influence.
Thanks for demonstrating your limited beliefs.

So according to your hilarious attempts at logic, Spanish speaking should not be banned because it's the wave of the future yet, you haven't taken the necessary steps to learn the language.

Your passive aggressive non sense about "The reality that their lose of a percieved power is going to be shaken pretty soon." is as as amusing as your passive aggressive reactionary retorts.
Who exactly are "they"?

You can think whatever you want, you will always be this easy to manipulate and always will.
MadMaxThunderDom e

New York, NY

#506 Jul 2, 2009
created by: Toto | Oct 30, 2007
Vote
Results
Yes, I'm sick of it 514 59%
No, spanish is kewl 260 30%
I don't care,
I want my beer 87 10%
Current Total 861

Location hidden

#507 Jul 2, 2009
HABLEMOS ESPANOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen creep!
Post in Spanish.You are posting from the Cuban owned State of Florida!I'm Venezuelan,but I must accept that Cubans are far superiors than us!Vivan los CubanosAmericanos!
Indigena, que clase de 'guataca' eres;ves un rubio y enseguida te agachas! Raton!
Enrique Rubio do you want people to know what you did to that Cuban which you sniched at? You are messing with the wrong guy Cuban retard.

“Let It Go”

Shreveport, LA

#508 Jul 3, 2009
MadMaxThunderDome wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you have to tell yourself to "make you feel better".
What got my "attention" was the need to correct your self serving,delusional posts.
Seeing you project your obvious anger toward the white people & ruling class with every reactionary post is most amusing.
I feel secure knowing not much will change.
Mad Max my friend, you truely live up to your name. You manage to do what most don't. Make me laugh real hard in my comfortable chair. My posts have been reactive. A normal defence. Your post are proactive for a concept that is pointless. You can no more ban Spanish in any capacity than German or French.

You pursued an idiodic point. I'm just commenting on it. In between I laugh at your other ones.

But nevertheless, I bow to your self proclaimed intelligence and superiority. That is usually what supremists want right?

“Let It Go”

Shreveport, LA

#509 Jul 3, 2009
MadMaxThunderDome wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hilariously clueless. I love it. Nothing's going to change. The way the world works is obviously way beyond your comprehension.
There you go making it a race thing again. That's the card you conveniently reach for often don't you. Whether you are green or orange, you would still be the creature with the severe lack of comprehension and reactionary nature.
As I have said before, it's not a race thing.
Look at Oprah and her influence.
Thanks for demonstrating your limited beliefs.
So according to your hilarious attempts at logic, Spanish speaking should not be banned because it's the wave of the future yet, you haven't taken the necessary steps to learn the language.
Your passive aggressive non sense about "The reality that their lose of a percieved power is going to be shaken pretty soon." is as as amusing as your passive aggressive reactionary retorts.
Who exactly are "they"?
You can think whatever you want, you will always be this easy to manipulate and always will.
What happened to the grade A education you probably go around boasting about? If there is a comprehension problem to anything I am saying, you seem to be the only one with it. ESL people can get with what I am saying.

You are not suggesting that I am abusing you, are you? The passive agressiveness you speak of is called finesse. I like to put that on every now and then. For you it will be my honor.
pule

Grand Rapids, MI

#510 Mar 18, 2010
I think it should because some schools hate it. I don't like spanish because im an American.
cools

Grand Rapids, MI

#511 Mar 31, 2010
I hate spanish. It should be ban from every school too. In stors I always here people talking spanish. When you lissen real close you will here stoopid words.
Mexirican Princess

Minneapolis, MN

#512 Nov 18, 2012
Ghost Rider wrote:
Yes,it should. This is stupid having to hire a bi-lingual to be in the class room so the teachers can do their job. The Mexican nationals come over here and act as though we are in their country. Build a fence at the border, put fouar divisions of tanks and ground troops behind the fence. Then build a giant sewer system an flush all of the illegals back to Mexico.
Hey ignoramus flush yourself down the toilet you stupid turd!

Location hidden

#514 Dec 27, 2012
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>Enrique Rubio do you want people to know what you did to that Cuban which you sniched at? You are messing with the wrong guy Cuban retard.
gooooooaaaaaaall!!!!! to the Cubans!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,765
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Sandra 129
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min PadMark 675,757
Something you hope your husband never finds out 30 min Crazy Guy 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Eye no u 445,796
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 982,102
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr andet1987 6,231
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr Aura Mytha 110,398
More from around the web