should speaking spanish be banned in ...

SHOULD SPEAKING SPANISH BE BANNED IN THE US ?

Created by Toto on Oct 30, 2007

901 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes, I'm sick of it

No, spanish is kewl

I don't care, I want my beer

First Prev
of 25
Next Last
Ghost Rider

AOL

#1 Oct 30, 2007
Yes,it should. This is stupid having to hire a bi-lingual to be in the class room so the teachers can do their job. The Mexican nationals come over here and act as though we are in their country. Build a fence at the border, put fouar divisions of tanks and ground troops behind the fence. Then build a giant sewer system an flush all of the illegals back to Mexico.
Toto

Miami Beach, FL

#2 Oct 30, 2007
You are great american Ghost. Agree 100%
blue_eyed_Gurl

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Oct 30, 2007
Do you eat at mexican restruants? Think about that for a bit.....and I'll get back with ya...
Toto

Miami Beach, FL

#4 Oct 30, 2007
blue_eyed_Gurl wrote:
Do you eat at mexican restruants? Think about that for a bit.....and I'll get back with ya...
Yes, I do. Taco Bell is best for CLEAN mexican food, now come and show me those baby blues.....
blue_eyed_Gurl

Russell Springs, KY

#5 Oct 30, 2007
To Toto:
ha ha... taco bell is good, but it's not real mexican food my dear. I mean it's good to know different languages, you never know what kind of situation you will end up in...
Kenzieee

Baltimore, MD

#6 Oct 30, 2007
I'm tired of hearing Hispanics tell me:
"We're here, so you must learn english!"

No. No. No. That is NOT how the world works.

If I were to move to France, I'd take the time to learn french (or some french) in ability to live convieniently.
You don't move to a new country that speaks a different language then tell the people there that they must learn your language.

I have nothing against ANY race, but I just don't want tro have to change my ENTIRE life for some lazy inconsiderate people.

I admire those that come here with some decent english skills and learn more as they go.

We've been speaking english here for about 300 years, why change now???
Kenzieee

Baltimore, MD

#7 Oct 30, 2007
blue_eyed_Gurl wrote:
I honestly don't like mexican food.

Pina Colatas, nachos (jsut with cheese), and hard shell tacos (just meat and cheese please).

I don't go out of my way to eat at a mexican restaurant. I don't really like whats on the menu most of the time.

And one of the reasons, I went there 2 years ago, and got MAJOR food poisoning. I puked for a week straight.
Toto

Miami Beach, FL

#8 Oct 30, 2007
I speak 5 languages and my job has forced me to learn arabic, so I listen to Jihadis all day long.

Spanish is fine, but english is world class tongue
Jesse

Auburn Hills, MI

#9 Oct 30, 2007
No. Speak any language you choose to in this free country, but English should be the official language of business and government.
Kenzieee

Baltimore, MD

#10 Oct 30, 2007
I agree.
Toto

Miami Beach, FL

#11 Oct 30, 2007
Jesse wrote:
No. Speak any language you choose to in this free country, but English should be the official language of business and government.
Well said Jess, agree completely.

“Peace to All”

Since: Jun 07

Knoxville

#12 Oct 30, 2007
No language but English should be spoken here... My realatives came from Hungary. We learned english...Some came from France, some from other countries...get real only one language other wise to confusing don't ya think...
pablo cruz

Glendale, CA

#13 Oct 30, 2007
this mexican dude is in a japaneese restaurant and everyone is speaking japaneese .He can't take it anymore ,stands up on his chair and yells ,hey everyone this is America ,we speak spanish here.
Annieh49441

United States

#14 Oct 30, 2007
This bilingual stuff is ridiculous. This is the United States. We speak English here. Enough of this catering to those who refuse to learn the language. My ancestors came from the Netherlands, Sweden and Finland. They all learned English.
TheTimeIsNow

Bay City, MI

#15 Oct 30, 2007
No. There's nothing wrong with speaking Spanish. But if they want to be able to communicate they need to learn English. If they don't want people to know what they're talking about that's fine. I only care that they speak English when they are speaking to me. Otherwise it's none of my business.
Toto

Miami Beach, FL

#16 Oct 31, 2007
Spanish has no future if we look at the poll results
The Name

Lansdale, PA

#17 Oct 31, 2007
ban spanish? what an idiot. That is a form of censorship. You dimwitted conservatives never fail to amaze me with your idiocy. Learn spanish or dont. No ban.
The Name

Lansdale, PA

#18 Oct 31, 2007
"kewl" is not a word, either. Idiot!

Since: Sep 07

Glen Burnie, MD

#19 Oct 31, 2007
Kenzieee wrote:
I'm tired of hearing Hispanics tell me:
"We're here, so you must learn english!"
No. No. No. That is NOT how the world works.
If I were to move to France, I'd take the time to learn french (or some french) in ability to live convieniently.
You don't move to a new country that speaks a different language then tell the people there that they must learn your language.
I have nothing against ANY race, but I just don't want tro have to change my ENTIRE life for some lazy inconsiderate people.
I admire those that come here with some decent english skills and learn more as they go.
We've been speaking english here for about 300 years, why change now???
So when are you planning to learn English?
Toto

Miami Beach, FL

#21 Oct 31, 2007
Spanish is in fact arabic with a German- italian twist

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 678,600
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 29 min Aerobatty 118,567
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 32 min RiversideRedneck 2,134
News Bill to loosen financial rules would save $24 b... 36 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
News Trump budget promises balance in decade, relies... 42 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 4
News An ambitious ruler defeated by his own hubris: ... 43 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 56 min New Age Spiritual... 33,210
More from around the web