Blaming Israel for carnage

Blaming Israel for carnage

There are 121929 comments on the Fort Worth Star-Telegram story from Jul 22, 2006, titled Blaming Israel for carnage. In it, Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that:

Most media outlets aren't providing news of Israel's barbaric air raids on Lebanon with fairness and integrity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Zioni

Israel

#125331 Apr 2, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
e
B'tzelem

2012 Donors include: Norway, European Union, NGO Development Center (Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland), Germany (EED), ICCO (Netherlands), Diakonia (Sweden), Trocaire, UNDP, UK, Christian Aid.
However, Betselem's leaders also believe that in order to advance their goal of changing the Israeli public's attitude regarding settlements and territory, they need to shock. To Betselem's credit, and in stark contrast to many other humanitarian organizations, this NGO is honest about its political aims. However, their activities point a clear trail of aims beyond that of acting as a human rights voice from within Israeli society. Betselem also acts, knowingly, as a prime source in the campaign for the de-legitimization of Israel internationally.

In contrast, Betselem's credibility is decreased firstly by its active alliances with sensationalist organizations such as PCHR, Miftah and Christian Aid, which cite its material as primary evidence as do the major human rights NGOs HRW and Amnesty. The frequency and tone of the press releases of these organizations, ostensibly promoting human rights agendas, reveals they are intended to promote a narrow anti-Israel ideological agenda by exploiting human rights sensitivities. Secondly, if Betselem exists to change Israeli public opinion, as is claimed, its international campaigns in English make no sense. Furhter, its cooperation with organizations such as Miftah, PCHR, HRW and Amnesty - all of which have clearly overstepped their human rights mandate - as well as the conspicuous absence of honest and balanced background information regarding the overall conflict does disservice to Betselem's aims.

Finally, and very importantly, the massive support received from several governments to Betselem does grave damage to this organization's potential impact. As a self-declared political organization, this is clear evidence that Betselem is being used to intervene in the domestic politics of a sovereign and democratic state, which is entirely unethical.

The Israeli audience is educated about the true complexity of the conflict, and is capable of sorting out and interpreting Betselem's different objectives and activities. However, this is clearly not the case with the audience of international NGOs such as Amnesty and HRW. This raises fundamental questions regarding Betselem and its official sources of support. "
http://www.rkatz.com/webdesign/ngomonitor/edi...

http://www.ngo-monitor.org/article/b_tselem

http://www.ngo-monitor.org/article/b_tselem_a...
http://www.ngo-monitor.org/article/b_tselem_s...
http://www.ngo-monitor.org/article/b_tselem_s...
http://www.ngo-monitor.org/article.php...

for those who speak hebrew

I never claimed the Palestinians got the same as Israelis but they get more than the World Health Org says in necessary and more than agreed upon in Oslo. Also more than was predicted they need according to the joint Israel_Palestinian committee. They also have been given the facilities to build wells, desalinization plants and sewage pipes but have refused to do so.

Your position is it is all theirs, my position is it has to be shared. Maybe more can be given to the Palestinians but at the same time they need to build the wells, and other facilities that Israel encourages them to build.

We live in an area of the world where there is a lack of water. If we would work together as is done with Jordan there wouldn't be this issue.

You have to remember it was the Palestinians who carried out terrorist attacks throughout the 90's after Oslo was signed and never fulfilled even one thing they agreed upon. They also turned town peace for the intifada. You obviously don't care as you call for the destruction of Israel anyways.
petesake Liverpool IP

United States

#125332 Apr 2, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah like I stated earlier you are always moaning about something and now it is using "MANY TERMS" too loosely, when in fact I referred to just one term which was the word orthodox. As I then highlighted not all orthodox Jews support the secular nation of Israel and not all orthodox Jews are Hassidic
I don't believe that Jews against Zionism are extremists and as far as the Karaites go there are about 40,0000 of them in Israel and they are universally united in their rejection of the hegemony of the Rabbinical movement over the people of Israel. Karaites consider the Rabbis to be neither the rightful nor the appropriate rulers over the religious and political life of the nation, and consider their form of Judaism to be a gross distortion of true Torah.-
See more at: http://www.karaiteinsights.com/article/faq.ht...
In relation to the premesis re the foundation of Israel, songs, words and the persecution of the Jews re their "homeland", had nothing to do with the Arabs. It was the Romans that attacked them not the Arabs. It was the Jews who came in and attacked the indigenous population living in Palestine and robbed them of their lands and homes killing thousands of them in the process. They ethnically cleansed hundreds of thousands of them and that is a fact that you can't deny
Shut the fck up wind bag!

Sheilaa

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#125333 Apr 2, 2014
Sheilaas Sister wrote:
I'm going to haunt you Sheilaa. Your bitter anti Semitism has ensured you a seat on the bus ride to hell when you die.
Ooooooo ooooooo.
I'm haunting you.
You are obviously unaware of the meaning of the word hell and its origin.

Old English hel, hell, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch hel and German Hölle, from an Indo-European root meaning ‘to cover or hide’. As in helling potatoes

All it means is that when you die you go back to where you came from which was the ground. It is not some supernatural place where God eternally torments someone. Forget paganism and learn the real truth. As Petesake states..." it will set you free"

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#125334 Apr 2, 2014
Faith wrote:
More rubbish from that dip-sht, copy and paste w'hore, Shilla. Word on the street is that she killed her sister.
Word of the street is that you are a troll and have been for the last 6 years. Like we didn't already know. LOL
Zioni

Israel

#125335 Apr 2, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
Over half of all Israeli land sales in 2014 have been in the occupied territories
Kate on March 26, 2014
Hello Zioni can you explain this and tell us all why Israel continues to expand in the OPT's?
http://mondoweiss.net/2014/03/israeli-occupie...
FOR SOMEONE WHO SEEMS UNABLE TO DEFINE THE BORDERS YOU BELIEVE LEGAL THIS IS A JOKE.

Firstly you have clearly not been here as you would realise that the majority of the homes being built are in Jewish neighborhoods which both sides agree will be part of the Jewish state. You are the Jew-hater who refuses the right of Jews to build on land they legally own because they are Jewish.

For you it is all generalities. Speak about each area separately. Also the rest are inside existing settlements.

At the same time you don't support Israels right to exist at all so these posts are disingenuous.

STILL WAITING FOR ANY LEGAL DOCUMENT WHICH GIVES THE PALESTINIANS AS A NATION THE RIGHT TO THE LAND. OTHERWISE IT CAN'T BE OCCUPIED.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#125336 Apr 2, 2014
Zioni wrote:
<quoted text>
FOR SOMEONE WHO SEEMS UNABLE TO DEFINE THE BORDERS YOU BELIEVE LEGAL THIS IS A JOKE.
Firstly you have clearly not been here as you would realise that the majority of the homes being built are in Jewish neighborhoods which both sides agree will be part of the Jewish state. You are the Jew-hater who refuses the right of Jews to build on land they legally own because they are Jewish.
For you it is all generalities. Speak about each area separately. Also the rest are inside existing settlements.
At the same time you don't support Israels right to exist at all so these posts are disingenuous.
STILL WAITING FOR ANY LEGAL DOCUMENT WHICH GIVES THE PALESTINIANS AS A NATION THE RIGHT TO THE LAND. OTHERWISE IT CAN'T BE OCCUPIED.
There are no borders because Israel keeps changing them and the only solution to this intractable problem will be a one state solution.If a country has no borders it is not a country by that very definition. I don't support the right of Israel to exist as an exclusively Jewish state especially when other nationalities are living within its borders. Israel is and never has been a democracy so deal with it. Anyone who disagrees with your view is a hater of Jews in your opinion. Thank God most of the world don't see if from your point of view though and the younger generation of Jews in both Israel and around the world are now banding together to express those views. Israel is on its way out it is only a matter of time

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#125337 Apr 2, 2014
petesake Liverpool IP wrote:
<quoted text>Shut the fck up wind bag!
Gee like I am really going to carry out the orders of a lunatic such as yourself. LMAO
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#125338 Apr 2, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Word of the street is that you are a troll and have been for the last 6 years. Like we didn't already know. LOL
Fck off, you boring bag of sht. Stick to copy and paste. When you try to form original thoughts, you make a fckng fool of yourself, fool.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#125339 Apr 2, 2014
Zioni wrote:
<quoted text>
B'tzelem
2012 Donors include: Norway, European Union, NGO Development Center (Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland), Germany (EED), ICCO (Netherlands), Diakonia (Sweden), Trocaire, UNDP, UK, Christian Aid.
< some of post removed due to lack of space>
What you have to remember is that it was the Jews who invaded the land of the indigenous Palestinians so what happened after that is a result of the actions of Israel.Thanks for proving my point that so many countries are coming on board in denying what Israel has done and continues to do. Time is running out for Israel she needs to change her actions and policies before it it too late for her.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#125340 Apr 2, 2014
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Fck off, you boring bag of sht. Stick to copy and paste. When you try to form original thoughts, you make a fckng fool of yourself, fool.
Mind your own business instead of trying to mind mine you old troll

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#125341 Apr 2, 2014
Zionism as racism.

•“Both the process of expropriation and removal of the poor must be carried out discreetly and circumspectly.” Theodore Herzl, founder of International Zionism, in The Complete Diaries, Chapter I, p. 88.

•“The Palestinian refugees will find their place in the diaspora. Those who can resist will live thanks to natural selection. The others will simply crumble. Some of them will persist, but the majority will be a human heap, the scum of the earth, and will sink into the lowest levels of the Arab world,” Near East Department of the Israeli government, 1948.

•“There is no other way than to transfer the Arabs from here to the neighboring countries, to transfer all of them; not one village, not one tribe, should be left.” Joseph Weitz, the Jewish National Fund administrator for Zionist colonization (1967), from My Diary and Letters to the Children, Chapter III, p. 293.

•“The only good Arab is a dead Arab...When we have settled the land, all the Arabs will be able to do about it will be to scurry around like drugged cockroaches in a bottle,” Rafael Eitan, Likud leader of the Tsomet faction (1981) in Noam Chomsky, Fateful Triangle, pp 129, 130.

•“It is forbidden to be merciful to them, you must give them missiles, with relish -annihilate them. Evil ones, damnable ones. May the Holy Name visit retribution on the Arabs’ heads, and cause their seed to be lost, and annihilate them, and cause them to be vanquished and cause them to be cast from the world,” Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, founder
and spiritual leader of the Shas party, Ma'ariv, April, 9, 2001.

In reaction to Yosef’s statements, Interior minister Eli Yesha said supportively:“They reflected the overall state of thinking of the Israeli Jewish society.”

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#125342 Apr 2, 2014
I URGE EVERYONE TO STAND UP AND SPEAK OUT ABOUT THE DISCRIMINATION, SUBJUGATION, KILLINGS,TORTURE INTIMIDATION AND STEALING OF PALESTINIAN LAND BY THE ISRAELIS

"The epithet “anti-Semitism” is hurled to silence anyone, even other Jews, brave enough to decry Israel’s systematic, decades-long pogrom against the Palestinian Arabs. Because of the Holocaust,“anti-Semitism” is such a powerful instrument of emotional blackmail that it
effectively pre-empts rational discussion of Israel and its conduct.

It is for this reason that many good people can witness daily evidence of Israeli inhumanity toward the “Palestinians’ collective punishment,” the destruction of olive groves, routine harassment, judicial prejudice, denial of medical services, assassinations, torture,apartheid-based segregation, etc.– yet dare not denounce it for fear of being branded “anti-Semitic.”

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#125343 Apr 2, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>

As Petsnake states..." it will set you free"
It figures you'd quote that stinking racist.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#125344 Apr 2, 2014
Shilla jumps out of bed and runs to the computer to see what I wrote. That obsessed freak.

Did you even brush your teeth or make coffee yet, you pathetic wind-bag?
Zioni

Israel

#125345 Apr 2, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
Ten Questions to the Zionists
by Rabbi Michael Dov Weissmandl
Dean of Nitra Yeshiva and author of Min Hametzar
(Published by the author in 1948 and reprinted many times)....
10.) IS IT TRUE that during the course of the negotiations mentioned above, Chaim Weitzman, the first "Jewish statesman" stated: "The most valuable part of the Jewish nation is already in Palestine, and those Jews living outside Palestine are not too important"?
Weitzman's cohort, Greenbaum, amplified this statement with the observation "One cow in Palestine is worth more than all the Jews in Europe".
THIS IN ITSELF SHOWS THE MINDSET OF THE ORIGINAL ZIONISTS
http://www.rense.com/general75/zionismofgod.p...
So firstly most of what you wrote above is total crap. There were Jews who fought against saving their own especially American Jewry and I have been clear about this in the past.
US and other nations refused entry to Jews so even if they were allowed to leave they had nowhere to go. Plenty of refugees were turned back from Palestine, US and numerous other places. Some died at see for lack of a destination.

Maybe look up the Evian conference where the world refused to accept Jewish refugees, and some countries even called to expel their Jews.

Just the fact that they were told to give up their property is evil in itself. and there was not enough funding from the Jewish community to pay for this.

So while some of what you posted is true the idea that it was a possible or viable solution is not true and some of it is total crap. There wasn't the funding, nor a place to go.

There was the Kastner case about Hungary and he was not convicted in Israel.

It is the anti-Zionist Jews who spread this crap especially since the existence of Israel negates their beliefs.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#125346 Apr 2, 2014
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It figures you'd quote that stinking racist.
He does not have exclusive rights to biblical scripture and it figures that you would post what you just have.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#125347 Apr 2, 2014
Faith wrote:
Shilla jumps out of bed and runs to the computer to see what I wrote. That obsessed freak.
Did you even brush your teeth or make coffee yet, you pathetic wind-bag?
You don't even go to bed, at least I have a life unlike you. Yours revolves around topix because you have nothing else and it is the only way you are unable to get any type of attention. Poor Faithy she's such a lonely old hag she even posts to those she can't stand. LMAO

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#125348 Apr 2, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
He does not have exclusive rights to biblical scripture and it figures that you would post what you just have.
It's always funny to watch you use your own clumsy words rather than the standard copy/pasted crap, Edith.
Zioni

Israel

#125349 Apr 2, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah like I stated earlier you are always moaning about something and now it is using "MANY TERMS" too loosely, when in fact I referred to just one term which was the word orthodox. As I then highlighted not all orthodox Jews support the secular nation of Israel and not all orthodox Jews are Hassidic
I don't believe that Jews against Zionism are extremists and as far as the Karaites go there are about 40,0000 of them in Israel and they are universally united in their rejection of the hegemony of the Rabbinical movement over the people of Israel. Karaites consider the Rabbis to be neither the rightful nor the appropriate rulers over the religious and political life of the nation, and consider their form of Judaism to be a gross distortion of true Torah.-
See more at: http://www.karaiteinsights.com/article/faq.ht...
In relation to the premesis re the foundation of Israel, songs, words and the persecution of the Jews re their "homeland", had nothing to do with the Arabs. It was the Romans that attacked them not the Arabs. It was the Jews who came in and attacked the indigenous population living in Palestine and robbed them of their lands and homes killing thousands of them in the process. They ethnically cleansed hundreds of thousands of them and that is a fact that you can't deny
You don't have enough knowledge of the Jewish sects to speak about them.
Hareidim and Hassidim are part of the Ultra-Orthodox community.
The Orthodox community almost exclusively are full-on Zionists.

I AM NOT MOANING BUT STATING THE FACTS OF JEWISH SECTS. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO THINKS THEY KNOW ABOUT EVERYTHING BETTER THAN THOSE WHO HAVE ACTUALLY LIVED IT. Your information is based on articles mostly opinion pieces from the internet. My information is often from actually living in Israel and coming from a religious Jewish background.

You are spreading lies about my people while claiming I am moaning about it. You really are an asshole aren't you.

YOU HAVE STILL GIVEN NO EVIDENCE THE ARABS OWNED EVEN A FRACTION OF THE LAND. They legally owned around the same as the Jews in the 1940's.

Most Arabs left the land without seeing a Jewish fighter, they were mostly not ethnically cleansed. Unlike the Jews of the West Bank, Gaza and Jerusalem (where they had been a majority since the 19th century) where they were all massacred or really ethnically cleansed.

IT WAS THE ARABS WHO MASSACRED THE JEWS OF TZFAT, JERUSALEM, HEBRON AND NUMEROUS OTHER LOCATIONS. THIS WAS ALL BEFORE THE 1940'S AND AS EARLY AS THE MID 1800'S.

IT WAS THE ARAB CIVILIANS WHO MASSACRED THE INDIGENOUS JEWS WHO HAD LIVED CONTINUOUSLY IN HEBRON UNTIL 1929 WHEN THEY WERE ETHNICALLY CLEANSED. I am sure you have heard of Sheikh Jarah the former Jewish settlement from the 1800's. They were also ethnically cleansed and are were not even white Europeans.

You have made it clear that you are against the existence of Israel, have no interest in Jewish property, legal or even living rights, and also seem unable to differentiate between facts, opinions and conspiracy theory. I suppose Jews are aliens from another planet who came to oppress the human race.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#125350 Apr 2, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even go to bed, at least I have a life unlike you. Yours revolves around topix because you have nothing else and it is the only way you are unable to get any type of attention. Poor Faithy she's such a lonely old hag she even posts to those she can't stand. LMAO
Right right.... It has been winter for six months here. What's your excuse? I thought you travelled in that broken down bus with that sleazy old Mexican... or you were a nurse... All likely stories.. Boring old tramp.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Whiskey Ben Solo 124,218
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Robert F 682,103
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Archie DeBunker 8,199
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Liberals are Depl... 982,434
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr New Age Spiritual... 619,477
Women and Men: DO NOT marry/date an Engineer!!! (Oct '08) 4 hr Jessica 123
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Comrade Trump 286,504
More from around the web