Blaming Israel for carnage

Blaming Israel for carnage

There are 121921 comments on the Fort Worth Star-Telegram story from Jul 22, 2006, titled Blaming Israel for carnage. In it, Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that:

Most media outlets aren't providing news of Israel's barbaric air raids on Lebanon with fairness and integrity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#117060 Feb 18, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no sense of moral or social responsibility. Your above post highlights perfectly what I have been saying
Beyond dumping propaganda spam and vacantly moralising, what have you been saying?
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#117061 Feb 18, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people are ignorant of what the word soul means and think of it as being immortal. Fact is nothing could be further from the truth
Nowhere in the bible does it say that a soul is immortal
The English word "soul" is used to translate two original words from the scriptures. The Old Testament Hebrew word (pronounced) nay-fesh, which literally means a breathing creature (human or animal), is variously translated as soul, life, person, mind, heart, creature, body, himself, yourselves, dead, will, desire, man, themselves and appetite.
The New Testament Greek word (pronounced) psoo-kay, which literally means life's breath or breathing, is variously translated as soul, life, mind and heart. According to God's Word, a "soul" is a living, breathing creature that eventually dies.
"2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7 KJV)
Nowhere does the Bible say that the "soul" is immortal; quite the contrary, souls are subject to death.
"18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." (Ezekiel 18:4 KJV)
You told danetoo we don't have souls. Which is it? You are sounding very confused again.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
George

Red Deer, Canada

#117062 Feb 18, 2014
SevenElevenes wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not important. You are strongly advised to seek the meaning of the verse I have quoted from John spoken by Christ before Jews murdered him by crucifixion. Any problems with interpretation I will be glad to clarify. By the way it's from John 8.32 King James version 1611
OMG OMG, the 10 commandments are not important? Well I do not ever want to speak to you nor will I read any more of your heathen posts.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#117063 Feb 18, 2014
I hope furthermore that every boot-print on every terrorist door is understood to be American.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#117064 Feb 18, 2014
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You openly hate Jewish people yet you worship a Jewish god. Why IS that, little man?
Here is an attachment showing what Israel offers Syrians:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/syrian-wounded-f...
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#117065 Feb 18, 2014
Jesus was American.

Sheilaa

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#117066 Feb 18, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is something you and Gray need to read and learn::
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments
Why not send them to Israel where they can dwell on what they are actually doing to the Palestinians with emphasis being placed on how they are now secular in their actions whilst all the whilst claiming that they are a Jewish state but yet not following God's laws

You shall not murder

You shall not steal

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour

You shall not covet your neighbour's house

Or anything else that belongs to your neighbour

An NFL Fan

USA

#117067 Feb 18, 2014
SevenElves wrote:
<quoted text>
It'll be the Jews who attacked me who will be shamed Ratty .... iThe Jews in this area know I know who the vermin are and thk of sh!t.
Are you ashamed of your thousands of deletions, little man? How did you know they were Jews and Masons? Are you a liar seeking sympathy and attention?

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#117068 Feb 18, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You told danetoo we don't have souls. Which is it? You are sounding very confused again.
Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
You're the one who is confused. We don't have souls in the sense that she and other Christians believe. When we die we are unaware of anything
Soul is referring to the life force that is imparted to us at birth.
Souls in revelation is referring to bodies, it is allegorical like most of revelation
The soul is the life force that makes us alive. Once we die that breath of life returns to God. Study the words in Hebrew and Greek
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#117069 Feb 18, 2014
SevenElevenes wrote:
<quoted text>
Ratty exists and its you Georgie Boy, NOFUNFANNYLech, and other disgusting racists here.
'and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.' John 8.32
Be aware of the significance of these important words, G. Hobbit
Using scripture to justify your hate batty? Did you notice what Jesus said to the Jews who believed on Him?
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#117071 Feb 18, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who is confused. We don't have souls in the sense that she and other Christians believe. When we die we are unaware of anything
Soul is referring to the life force that is imparted to us at birth.
Souls in revelation is referring to bodies, it is allegorical like most of revelation
The soul is the life force that makes us alive. Once we die that breath of life returns to God. Study the words in Hebrew and Greek
LOL, so what John saw was not the souls but ther flesh. You are really twisted.

BTW, you stated that 2/3 of the Jews will be killed. What happens to the other third?
courteous europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#117073 Feb 18, 2014
Gray wrote:
HUMILIATED & BITTER LITTLE HASBARAT SEZ:
<quoted text>
Simply because I've debunked your dishonest assertions repeatedly, you've had to resort to anther refuge of scoundrels:
Howling "anti Semite" / "Jew Hater" when I have cited sources written by ethical Jews.
Nome ONE instance in which I have reviled the Jewish people.
The Hasbarats Manifesto of Desperation is always: anti Zionism = "Anti Semitism" when they've been exposed as dishonest and/or clueless.
I focus on Israel's Genocide, War Mongering, Expansionism and atrocities becaust they are the ones most heavily funded by the US. and the easiest Genocide to quash.
Cut off all Aid to the Zionist state and it's War Mongering, Genocide, criminal expansion and gratuitous Slaughter collapses.
Name another country that receives US $ Trillions while attacking americans and practicing Genocide on Palestine's Native non Jews...... You Can't!
Whenever a Hasbarat has been humiliated or exposed as a "liar", they howl "Jew Hater" even though the strongest organizations against Israel's Genocide & Occupation are Jewish.
This is when you call them "Self Hating Jews"....right?
You can't claim that I haven't been honest or been a "Jew Hater" so why to you continue to parrot the same lies.
Confronting Israel leads to the easiest solution to Mid East chaos.
“There was not a single act of Arab terrorism against Americans before 1968, when the U.S. became the chief supplier of military equipment and economic aid to Israel.”
"Every time anyone says that Israel is our only friend in the Middle East, I can't help but think that before Israel, we had no enemies in the Middle East."-- John Sheehan,
So , unlike Sheila ~ you have some sympathy for the daily rocketed/mortared "Jews" in Israel then. Shelia has no sympathy for them and has said so on this very forum.

It's good to know you have some good feelings for those poor jews in Israel.

This is a detailed list of Palestinian rocket and mortar attacks on Israel in 2013. All of the attacks originated in the Gaza Strip, unless stated otherwise

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestin...
George

Red Deer, Canada

#117075 Feb 18, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not send them to Israel where they can dwell on what they are actually doing to the Palestinians with emphasis being placed on how they are now secular in their actions whilst all the whilst claiming that they are a Jewish state but yet not following God's laws
You shall not murder
You shall not steal
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour
You shall not covet your neighbour's house
Or anything else that belongs to your neighbour
Why the one sided argument? Are the Palestinians allowed to murder, steal, covet? Do you have another set of rules that the Palestinians follow? If they do not believe in the 10 commandments they are heathens and not worth talking to.
courteous europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#117076 Feb 18, 2014
SevenElevenes wrote:
<quoted text>
The law was fulfilled with the birth of Christ fool, are you really so completely inept?
The Jews break every commandment every day through the treatment of the Palestinians
Providing Palestinians with fuel and electricity breaks which commandment I wonder??

An NFL Fan

USA

#117078 Feb 18, 2014
SevenElves wrote:
<quoted text>
er is out searching soayer; personally is not recommended, vermin and reckless Rodent.
So you ARE a lair who seeks sympathy? I knew it, little man. Why have so many of your posts and accounts been deleted?
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#117079 Feb 18, 2014
SevenElevenes wrote:
<quoted text>
The law was fulfilled with the birth of Christ fool, are you really so completely inept?
The Jews break every commandment every day through the treatment of the Palestinians
C'mon. You guys make this stuff up as you go.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Luke 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

Jesus wasn't a newborn when He said these words.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#117080 Feb 18, 2014

An NFL Fan

USA

#117081 Feb 18, 2014
SevenElves wrote:
<quoted text>

'and Lee shall know Ruth, and the Ruth shall make you pass gas.' Leo 8.32
Don't push your luck..
Will you throw one of your hissy fits on him, little man?

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#117082 Feb 18, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, so what John saw was not the souls but ther flesh. You are really twisted.
BTW, you stated that 2/3 of the Jews will be killed. What happens to the other third?
No you are really stupid:

Let’s look a bit more closely at what it means in four places which mention souls.
“The soul who sins shall die.”(Ezekiel 18v4).
So souls are able to die. They cannot be immortal then. In fact, in the letter to Timothy, Paul says that only God is immortal. It’s a very simple verse really – if you sin, you die in the end. That is the message of the Bible, that sin leads to death, and we’ll be coming back to that later.

"And they struck with the sword all who were in it, devoting them to destruction; there was none left that breathed. And he burned Hazor with fire.”(Joshua 11v11).

If you have a different version from the ESV, such as the King James version, you might see the word souls there instead of “all who were in it”. In fact the later versions have corrected this. The soul is the life of something: a mortal creature. You can see that here where it’s describing a big battle. Because soul is the mortal life of a person, it can die. So this verse again shows souls in danger of death, and dying. Soul in the Bible means a mortal creature.

In Psalm 49v15, the soul goes to the grave and dies:
"But God will ransom my soul from the power of Sheol”[literally translated, this means the grave].
Only God can resurrect it to life again, by recreating the body from the corruption of the grave. So this is where souls are heading.

So we get a similar thing in the New Testament
The Greek word “psuche” occurs 116 times in the NT.
• In 45 places it is subject to death
• In 29 places it is in danger of death
• In 16 places it is delivered from death

We can see the overwhelming evidence once again that the New Testement does not teach about an immortal soul.

Summary
Soul means a living creature. It can be born and it can die. There is no Bible verse which talks about an immortal soul.
The message of the Bible is that people’s lives are very important, and what you do with your life now matters, while you still have it. Because you only get one chance. Life is vulnerable: you don’t know when it will be taken away from you. That’s what we saw in Luke 12 with the man who thought he had years left to live! The message is that when that one chance has gone, you are judged and then either rewarded or punished for your life. We also saw that if you sin (as we all do), you die. Your soul goes to the grave and dies. This helps us to think about the amazing thing Jesus did when he voluntarily gave up his life, despite having not sinned. But our future hope is not for the soul to live on, it is for bodily resurrection, just as Jesus rose from the dead.

So sit on it and twist just like Oliver did
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#117083 Feb 18, 2014
SevenElevenes wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to indulge again just this once:
'and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.' John 8.32
Don't push your luck. I will not patronise your idiocy much longer, vermin.
Push my luck? You can stop posting whenever you want, please do. Doesn't mean I will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min moscowFTW 667,558
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min russianbradde 92,336
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min who 285,952
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min RiversideRedneck 979,299
Everybody should be on Facebook! 3 hr Facebook man 3
Did you know there are wolves in West Virginia (Mar '11) 4 hr Liddledad 43
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rogwhacksoff 19,314
More from around the web