Victim dragged under van identified as Ecuadorean

Full story: WFAA

A pedestrian killed after he was hit by an SUV, then trapped under another vehicle and dragged nearly 20 miles, was identified Thursday as an Ecuadorean immigrant who had turned 26 the day before his death.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of117
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
john

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

George wrote:
<quoted text>
None of my family or friends are here illegally.
Where is the loss to America? Maybe all of those jobs that Americans don't think about and don't want to do, but would be upset if they had to live without. You don't think that there are tons of citizens clamoring to pick your food, do you?
The low price of illegal labor hurts us all. Do you think there would be as many unhealthy people in America is food cost more. You can not have healthcare reform until the number of fat people in America is reduced. Most drugs are for conditions associatee with being over weight.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not here.
God is not available in war.
This is war.
You will be one of those they catch and shoot,while you smile and say "god loves you".
www.mexica-movement.org
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Get a clue.
This man was from Ecuador...you need a geography lesson.
Whitey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

makes me want to go out and buy an SUV or a VAN !!!!

Since: Aug 08

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

At the bottom of the article it lists two other incidents that were 'hate' crimes against ecuadorean immigrants. Why in the h.e_l_l would they put that in there? Why didn't they list all the people ecuadorean immigrants have killed. I hate the msm!
GMHeller

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

Whitey wrote:
makes me want to go out and buy an SUV or a VAN !!!!
Makes one want to go out and buy an SUV or a VAN and watch and wait for 'Ramdan' to cross a street somewhere.

Since: May 08

Agawam, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

GMHeller wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes one want to go out and buy an SUV or a VAN and watch and wait for 'Ramdan' to cross a street somewhere.
I love you too Glennie!
George

Algoma, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

Interesting wrote:
After years of listening to illegals demanding;many citizens are sick of it.
We're sick of our government selling us out for greed.
We're sick of the illegals invading for greed.
And we CAN NOT allow ourselves to be swayed by the pity party.
These invaders will kill you in a heart beat given the chance. If you are white:they have stated they will remove you "by any means necessary".
Now,why would we care about people who threaten us again?
This is what it has come to,as has been planned by the elitists.
They want a war. Collateral damage.
Who was demanding? This guy was on his way to work. I have no beef with the valid argument that people should not be here illegally. I have a huge problem with those among us who think it doesn't matter that this guy died IF he was an illegal immigrant.

And the argument that illegal immigrants use up any significant portion of our resources is hogwash. Most of them do not use any resources at all.

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

HateWayDrug wrote:
<quoted text>
well, if they're parents are in the U.S. illegally, they should've known better...
atleast the Streets of Brooklyn and Queens now can feel his essence since he was dragged
His parents, wife and child reside in Ecuador.
And as to your second sentence, no one will ever accuse you of having an over abundance of compassion and empathy.
Facts Are Fun

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

john wrote:
...if you crossed into the USA without the required paper work you are a criminal.
Undocumented residents are guilty of a civil offense and are NOT criminals.

Illegal Presence in the U.S. has always been a civil, not criminal, violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Deportation and the associated administrative processes are civil proceedings.

“ChicagoSporting. com”

Since: Dec 08

Sandwich

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

IF YOUR A "SEMPER FI" guy, then you fought for the rights of this man whether he was legal or not...at one time ur ancestors came here for the prosperity that it provides.

People would give their left nut to be here and all you can do is discredit the human spirit to be free. Live where God is accepted, democracy and freedom reign.

I served my country for 10 years (Army) so a man like you can try and protect what was God given to you. Well, I believe we all deserve the opportunity to be free. If you were that man that died, you would have died "illegal", yes, but damn proud you gave it your best to be free!

I hope you ask God for forgiveness! I forgive you! God bless you!

“ChicagoSporting. com”

Since: Dec 08

Sandwich

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

I have a friend that's fighting as we speak in Afghanistan. He was born in Mexico, came here for a future, his family and has made it. He protects you in the streets of Chicago, and while serving his country in the Army.

Yesterday, our Illinois Army National Guard units in Afghanistan, which my friend served alongside, died in combat as suicide bombers wreaked havoc.

I served alongside this American citizen and former Mexican. He'd have my back, without a doubt. See past the color, status, religion and start living for something higher that yourself!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

chicago sporting wrote:
IF YOUR A "SEMPER FI" guy, then you fought for the rights of this man whether he was legal or not...at one time ur ancestors came here for the prosperity that it provides.
People would give their left nut to be here and all you can do is discredit the human spirit to be free. Live where God is accepted, democracy and freedom reign.
I served my country for 10 years (Army) so a man like you can try and protect what was God given to you. Well, I believe we all deserve the opportunity to be free. If you were that man that died, you would have died "illegal", yes, but damn proud you gave it your best to be free!
I hope you ask God for forgiveness! I forgive you! God bless you!
Thanks Chicago. I too feel the same way. Mr. Semper Fi is really Whimper Fi. He is a God-less fool to wish this kind of treatmnet on anyone.

Since: Nov 08

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Marichu wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the article the driver of the SUV did stop and call the cops. Possibly in the interim of stopping and calling the cops, the driver of the van, being two cars back and not having seen the accident or the victim, ran over him, entrapping him underneath the van.
Well, I and i'm sure 99% of other drivers are aware when they run over a small pot hole. How do you run over a body and not notice. That driver has absolutely no conscious. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

Rachmaninoff wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I and i'm sure 99% of other drivers are aware when they run over a small pot hole. How do you run over a body and not notice. That driver has absolutely no conscious. I don't feel sorry for him at all.
I saw the video from a surviellance camera across the street. Bam run over..next second GONE!! Even an eye witness to the accident could not believe what had happened and where did the body go????

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Judged:

Rachmaninoff wrote:
<quoted text>
This will be hard to explain but I think the driver of the van didn't run over him with the tires of the van, but ran over him between the tires. So the initial motion when running over something was not felt. When the driver passed over the victim, he became lodged or caught underneath the van.
Marcia Neil

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>I saw the video from a surveillance camera across the street. Bam run over..next second GONE!! Even an eye witness to the accident could not believe what had happened and where did the body go????
Really -- the incident happened in front of a camera?{To state the obvious -- were you searching for missing Haleigh and instead saw this gruesome incident on videotape?}[in Stuart, FL]

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Marcia Neil wrote:
<quoted text>
Really -- the incident happened in front of a camera?{To state the obvious -- were you searching for missing Haleigh and instead saw this gruesome incident on videotape?}[in Stuart, FL]
It was on TV. Traffic camera or security camera. You see one pedestrian cross the street and then the other guy...BAM!

Yes it is a tragedy that this little girl is missing. The local link here for news is the following:

http://news4jax.com
http://firstcoastnews.com
http://jacksonville.com

They brought in an equine search unit from Texas and folks with trail mules are looking. As you know Florida is boggy in some areas and nearly impossible to search on foot. Keep Haleigh in your prayers. This little girl needs them.
meto

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

The only loss that I'm able to see is to the drivers time and the damage to their vechicles.

Since: May 08

Northampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

Judged:

George wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was demanding? This guy was on his way to work. I have no beef with the valid argument that people should not be here illegally. I have a huge problem with those among us who think it doesn't matter that this guy died IF he was an illegal immigrant.
And the argument that illegal immigrants use up any significant portion of our resources is hogwash. Most of them do not use any resources at all.
Yeah right,go to any Emargency room and yell "Immigration,papers please" and see how many people leave or faint!
Take a walk through an inner city school,and check out the number of illegal kids sitting in the classrooms!
Do a search on the net and get some real figures regarding the squandering of resources on illegals!
I fought and bled for my country,not for foreigners to come here illegally! The Illegal immigrants bring diseases,crime,and in this case,if the man was illegal,caused the drivers traumatic psychological stress!
I am sorry the guy died,but if he was here illegally,I am glad he is gone!
For those of you who are such bleeding hearts for the Illegals,I say you are unpatriotic to support people who wantonly and knowingly break the laws in place for the protection of Americans and people who have followed the laws and come here legally!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

Judged:

ramdan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right,go to any Emargency room and yell "Immigration,papers please" and see how many people leave or faint!
Take a walk through an inner city school,and check out the number of illegal kids sitting in the classrooms!
Do a search on the net and get some real figures regarding the squandering of resources on illegals!
I fought and bled for my country,not for foreigners to come here illegally! The Illegal immigrants bring diseases,crime,and in this case,if the man was illegal,caused the drivers traumatic psychological stress!
I am sorry the guy died,but if he was here illegally,I am glad he is gone!
For those of you who are such bleeding hearts for the Illegals,I say you are unpatriotic to support people who wantonly and knowingly break the laws in place for the protection of Americans and people who have followed the laws and come here legally!
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free....This is what you fought for...the greatest country in the Universe. And people are willing to die to get here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of117
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

632 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min atemcowboy 511,504
Have you ever seen your parents having sex? (Jul '12) 2 min jeanie 39
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Aura Mytha 216,169
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Dusty Mangina 89,359
Money is the God of USA (Aug '13) 7 min andet1987 45
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Aura Mytha 250,242
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Kaitlin the Wolf Witch 679,056
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 49 min Hdogg07 213
teen snapchat nudes 50 min Oscar 102
•••
•••
•••