Victim dragged under van identified a...

Victim dragged under van identified as Ecuadorean

There are 117 comments on the WFAA story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Victim dragged under van identified as Ecuadorean. In it, WFAA reports that:

A pedestrian killed after he was hit by an SUV, then trapped under another vehicle and dragged nearly 20 miles, was identified Thursday as an Ecuadorean immigrant who had turned 26 the day before his death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFAA.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
nicework

Costa Mesa, CA

#1 Feb 12, 2009
Someone needs to retake the driver's test.
Jwalker

Whitley City, KY

#2 Feb 12, 2009
Some one should have walked with the traffic light.

Since: Feb 09

San Angelo, TX

#3 Feb 12, 2009
What horror in this tragedy. It all was a freakish accident. I cannot imagine what both these drivers are going through mentally, it must be a night mare to both of them. I pray all involved find the peace and closure they will require.

Since: May 08

Agawam, MA

#4 Feb 12, 2009
Look at it this way,now there is room for one more American tile man who may not send his money to Ecuador,or save for a home there!
john

Overland Park, KS

#5 Feb 12, 2009
ramdan wrote:
Look at it this way,now there is room for one more American tile man who may not send his money to Ecuador,or save for a home there!
Was he here legally is the only question that should be asked. All other consideration are pointless!

Agawam, MA

#6 Feb 12, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>Was he here legally is the only question that should be asked. All other consideration are pointless!
That was my point,I was under the impression he was Illegal!

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#7 Feb 12, 2009
Bob Lester wrote:
What horror in this tragedy. It all was a freakish accident. I cannot imagine what both these drivers are going through mentally, it must be a night mare to both of them. I pray all involved find the peace and closure they will require.
I thought the same thing too after reading the article. But as tragic as it is for the two drivers, it must be hellish for the family of this man.
The death of Guido Salvador Carabajo-Jara, means that a child lost her father, parents lost a son, a woman lost her husband and siblings lost a brother. And he may not have died after first being struck by the SUV. Just the idea of that poor man being dragged to his death must surely compound the pain his family is going through.
john

Overland Park, KS

#8 Feb 12, 2009
ramdan wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my point,I was under the impression he was Illegal!
I guess we can call it a good start in reducing the illegals in America.

Since: Nov 08

Canada

#9 Feb 12, 2009
Why didn't the driver stop, park his car, and get out after he ran over the body???

United States

#10 Feb 12, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>I guess we can call it a good start in reducing the illegals in America.
If he was Illegal,it works for me!

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#11 Feb 12, 2009
Rachmaninoff wrote:
Why didn't the driver stop, park his car, and get out after he ran over the body???
According to the article the driver of the SUV did stop and call the cops. Possibly in the interim of stopping and calling the cops, the driver of the van, being two cars back and not having seen the accident or the victim, ran over him, entrapping him underneath the van.
Phil McCracken

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Feb 12, 2009
Has anyone blamed this on Bush yet?
Superdave

Waikanae, New Zealand

#14 Feb 12, 2009
I've heard of drag races but this is getting ridiculous!..
Spunk Nutley

Gastonia, NC

#15 Feb 12, 2009
ramdan wrote:
Hey ramdan, maybe some of the people on that flight that crashed outside Buffalo were illegal immigrants.

You have have 48+ potential reasons to celebrate! Have fun jacking off to the YouTube videos of the fire.
auroranorth

Denmark, WI

#16 Feb 12, 2009
ramdan wrote:
<quoted text>
If he was Illegal,it works for me!
Works for me Death race 2000 Begins
GMHeller

Falls Church, VA

#17 Feb 13, 2009
Superdave wrote:
I've heard of drag races but this is getting ridiculous!..
Wasn't the 1970's flick "Eraser Head" about a similar incident?
GMHeller

Falls Church, VA

#18 Feb 13, 2009
Just how do the cops know the victim was killed by the first driver?
It's possible the poor fellow was alive for a time while being dragged.
swade

AOL

#19 Feb 13, 2009
Officer I swear it was a pothole.
HateWayDrug

Hartford, CT

#20 Feb 13, 2009
if he was Illegal, f**k him
HateWayDrug

Hartford, CT

#21 Feb 13, 2009
Marichu wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the same thing too after reading the article. But as tragic as it is for the two drivers, it must be hellish for the family of this man.
The death of Guido Salvador Carabajo-Jara, means that a child lost her father, parents lost a son, a woman lost her husband and siblings lost a brother. And he may not have died after first being struck by the SUV. Just the idea of that poor man being dragged to his death must surely compound the pain his family is going through.
well, if they're parents are in the U.S. illegally, they should've known better...

atleast the Streets of Brooklyn and Queens now can feel his essence since he was dragged

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min NoStress4me 38,436
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min Rider on the Storm 182,304
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Regina 641,730
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 9 min Paul is dead 4,146
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min Ex Lesbian 104,725
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Bongo 970,033
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 1 hr Johnny 849
More from around the web